Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

Why don't more people promote their own products with an affiliate link on amazon?
Is it allowed? Anyone talk about this somewhere I missed? Always kinda amazed we don't see much of it. I feel like I'm missing something.
Yeah, I don't think I've come across someone who has done it. That is, if it is allowed. I think part of it might be the hassle of focusing on selling them by affiliate links. It might just be a waste of time for people that need to do logistics, accounting, offline marketing, legal stuff, etc.

Yeah, I don't think I've come across someone who has done it. That is, if it is allowed. I think part of it might be the hassle of focusing on selling them by affiliate links. It might just be a waste of time for people that need to do logistics, accounting, offline marketing, legal stuff, etc.
Found out it’s against their rules.

I wonder why. Kinda lame to disincentivize vendors to promote a listing.

Are google slow/do not index articles that are full of embedded gif from GIPHY? I've noticed a pattern in my articles where all my articles that have embed gifs are not being indexed.

Is there any method to better fill the gaps that come out of GSC data? I have a page that is doing better than I expected in traffic but the portions that are actually generating clicks aren't showing up in the query data.

Can keyword tools fill these gaps or do they just pull from GSC info after connecting?

How long should article Titles & Meta Description be?

Should I try to blend in my primary keyword for both (or do I focus on driving the click first & foremost)?

Title about 60 characters, meta description about 150-160 charachters. Some people like keeping them short so the content doesn't get truncated but personally I don't bother too much.

Should I try to blend in my primary keyword for both (or do I focus on driving the click first & foremost)?
Driving the click is the most important but yes, you should add your keywords. Try to front load it. In the meta description your keyword will get bolded (which helps it stand out, improve the CTR).

I'm using SERPROBOT as my SERP tracking tool. For some keywords I get the message "Not found". Does it mean that these keywords aren't in the top 100?

I'm setting up AdSense for my site. I think that I need to follow Google's EU user consent policy, which seems to suggest Funding Choices. But Funding Choices doesn't seem to be available for AdSense users.

Anyone using AdSense, how do you normally satisfy that cookie consent requirement? Is there a basic consent management tool that you recommend?

When hyperlinking articles, is there a best practice between opening the page in the same tab or it opening in a new tab? I've always thought opening a page in a new tab is the way to go and is better for user experience, but I've heard others argue the exact opposite.

Also, if the new page is opening in the same tab...does that count as a bounce? or does Google not care since you linked to the page?

I've always thought opening a page in a new tab is the way to go and is better for user experience, but I've heard others argue the exact opposite.

For some reason some webmasters tend to do it based on their own preference. So if they always open a new tab for a page they force users to do the same.

The reality is they should let the user do it. Most users that want to stay on the same page AND open a new tab right click and select "open in a new tab", it's a muscle memory by now.

Now I personally have a script that goes through my blogposts and adds target="_blank" to all OUTBOUND links (variation of this code: jQuery - Automatically add UTM Campaign data). Internal links I allow users to stay within the same browsing tab. I just want to keep them on my site regardless.

The worse experience is webmasters that force new tabs on every single fucking link include internal links like navigation. That's stupid and insane. Actually it's just amateurish.

We actually stopped doing this initially when creating a new article. Too much hassle and variables in the beginning.

Our SOP is to wait 3-6 months(we except some traffic in the search console in this time frame) on a batch of articles then have a VA look at data ranking data from search console/ahrefs and add any further fine-tuning including custom seo title and custom meta description.

Can I ask a Question here about "Contact us Forms"?

I don't do techie stuff I just help clients with content and SEO stuff but they always assume I know about techie things. (I really don't)

He has a lot of products and you can use the contact form on each page to ask a Question.

Trouble is when they say "How does this do XYZ" or similar he has no idea which of the hundred or so products they are talking about.

Its a WordPress site. Is there a form plug-in he could use that would not just send the Question to him but also tell him what page URL the Q was asked on?

Hi there!

I've been trying to get Adsense on this site balenaetcher.online and Google won't approve it.

I really don't know what's wrong with it so I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out .

Many thanks in advance.

P.S Project 24 is the real deal, I'm definitely seeing that hockey stick growth at month 6 on a specific niche site about pets.

I am back on the SEO game but still feel a newbie so asking here.

So with the new Google Algo and reviewing products, what do you see as the best approach when Google want's you go review products you have actually purchased.

I have no qualms in buying them and making a complete legit review site but I see members writing multiple articles and speed and posting. If I was to purchase for example, 2-5 products a month the website is going to take an eternity to build.

I see @Ryuzaki your Eternal Grind you are at 100 pages?

Maybe I am getting things wrong and the 300-500 page website isn't required? when long 3000-7000 awesome indepth posts make up for the page numbers game many seem to be working on?

Then again I have seen an affiliate in my niche that literally has only 40 pages but a ton of links. It could be someone from here for all I know :smile:

Also, they rank insanely high but no actual product photos themselves and theres me prepared to spend £100's - a few £1000s as the niche is worth it (I know one of the merchants personally and his biz sales)

Thanks everyone

I see @Ryuzaki your Eternal Grind you are at 100 pages?

Maybe I am getting things wrong and the 300-500 page website isn't required? when long 3000-7000 awesome indepth posts make up for the page numbers game many seem to be working on?

That site doesn't have any product reviews. And I do intend for it to reach multiple thousands of posts over time. I'm gearing up to scale that now. But I'm not interested in any of them being product reviews for a looooong time.

what do you see as the best approach when Google want's you go review products you have actually purchased.

Google doesn't know if you've purchased the products. There's no human looking at every product review post to check if there's original images or not. There might be a Google Images bot and algorithm doing it, but there's plenty of ways to make the images original without needing to own the product.

They're pretty clear about what they want out of you regarding the Product Reviews Update, which is "Does the review"...
  • Express expert knowledge about products where appropriate?
  • Show what the product is like physically, or how it is used, with unique content beyond what’s provided by the manufacturer?
  • Provide quantitative measurements about how a product measures up in various categories of performance?
  • Explain what sets a product apart from its competitors?
  • Cover comparable products to consider, or explain which products might be best for certain uses or circumstances?
  • Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of a particular product, based on research into it?
  • Describe how a product has evolved from previous models or releases to provide improvements, address issues, or otherwise help users in making a purchase decision?
  • Identify key decision-making factors for the product's category and how the product performs in those areas? For example, a car review might determine that fuel economy, safety, and handling are key decision-making factors and rate performance in those areas.
  • Describe key choices in how a product has been designed and their effect on the users beyond what the manufacturer says?
No where does it say anything about owning the product. It's not even implied.

Hi @Ryuzaki

Ah fantastic, my review's are very indepth but the not purchasing was really becoming a mental block and getting my back up as we say in the UK seeing so many websites with stock/manufacturers images.

I will continue then with a huge sense of ease and also as you pointed out, not be a fully review site. I was also going by posts where members said there sites were 100% information and not based around money keywords.

I will look to mix and get that content growing and keep it top notch and possible invest in the product with income that I can reinvest.

Thankyou very much indeed.. In time this will also involve PPC via a service as well but one step at a time.

Thanks again

I'm broke right now, but i've been searching for a job and been learning programming online. Can anyone recommend any other skills i can learn to make a quick buck online?

I'm broke right now, but i've been searching for a job and been learning programming online. Can anyone recommend any other skills i can learn to make a quick buck online?

Writing is probably the easiest.

Of course you need to be able to write, but with Grammarly, it's more a question of being able to create and structure content.

Use a tool like Dynalist to structure a text. Put it into headers and subheaders. Learn to research.

You can make money writing for sure. On freelance sites, Fiverr, Facebook, various other places.

But making a quick buck online is not a good idea. Go find a normal job. Something that you can work at odd hours, it pays better. Get a temp job at a warehouse at night or something. Do Uber or whatever.

Then go home and study.

If you try to make a quick buck online, you will learn bad habits. It won't teach you to actually make money online, just to hustle like some scammer.

balenaetcher.online

This is a classic example of what I talk about where affiliate sites that has zero images. Just a long wall of text, nothing on the side bar that catches the eyes, no footer, overall just bad.

I know some of you knucklehead are going to say "there are 4 screenshots" - LOL, okay. Those aren't visuals that are eye catching.

One of the blog post example: https://balenaetcher.online/instalar-etcher-linux-mint/

Literally not a single image on that page.

If you consider the author's images an image, we are speaking different languages.

And these types of walls of text affiliate sites are all I see, yet you guys wonder why you can't rank in Google.

3wO51W6.gif

Humans are visual learners and you guys don't have visuals... It's been 20+ years, you don't think Google has taken images into consideration of web pages? A VISUAL medium?

Yes, lack of visuals is one thing I see all the time, unfortunately Google seem to reward SEOs with their "optimize speed for third world internet" strategy.

What have you been doing since January when you first posted about being broke? You haven't fixed the "no money" issue in 5+ months?

If you can't make money online, go offline - get a job at a fast food restaurant, work 40+ hours a week for 6 months, save every penny, then come back with money to start an online venture. You can accelerate this by getting a 2nd job on the weekend as well, so you are working 60-80+ hours a week, and save even more money.

You can go to fucking Fiverr.com or Freelancer.com and do something with your skillset. And if you have no skillset - what the fuck have you been doing with your life?

"quick buck online" - Grow the fuck up.

You guys are grown adults and can't figure out how to save money? You guys' mentalities are fucked.

If you really wanted it badly enough you should go out and get it down no matter what. But you don't want it badly enough and you are comfortable being broke and therefore will always be broke until you decide to change your mentality.

Often I have the issue that competitors ranking below me are getting way more traffic to their articles than mine. They have a way better site authority. Is their content better optimized for long tail or will I naturally rank for more keywords once my site authority increases?

Often I have the issue that competitors ranking below me are getting way more traffic to their articles than mine. They have a way better site authority. Is their content better optimized for long tail or will I naturally rank for more keywords once my site authority increases?
Normally it can't be possible that people lower in the serps for any given KW will get more clicks (Except being 10th is better than 9th)

If they were getting more clicks on the same KW but lower in the serps then Google would lift it up above you surely?

So if they get more traffic to the page then it must be because they get traffic from other sources, (social media or newsletter maybe.

If your page ranks for just one KW though and theirs ranks for that KW (all be it lower) and a dozen other KW's then in total it will out perform you.

I would state that my level of expertise isn't at the level of others in this forum so there is a good chance you'll get a better answer from someone else.

Can anyone tell me, is it possible to transfer the ownership of a specific Amazon tracking ID to another person?

Or delete a tracking ID from my account, so a buyer of a given site can simply create the same tracking ID on their account? Without the need to change tracking IDs on the site?

I ask because I'm in the process of selling a site and the buyer seems to expect me to hand over my amazon account, but this isn't an option because I have other sites using amazon etc, also it's tied to my personal info (tax, bank, etc).

Just to check, it is the norm for the buyer to have the responsibility of changing the tracking IDs to their own account eh? Trying to make the transaction go smoothly so I've offered to change the tracking IDs myself (unfortunately I used amzn short links for some posts) would appreciate any advice

Back