Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

Hey folks, just wanted to start off by saying hi to everyone.
I'm pretty new to the SEO game and slowly learning.

My content is getting impressions, but no clicks.
Is there a standard CLR and does it change with ranking?

A site ranking at the bottom of Google's first page will get impressions, but no one really clicks down there. As your site ranks higher, you'll get a lot more clicks. The two lines in Google Search Console will eventually merge. Keep pumping your site and you'll get there.

Two of my recent posts have mobile usability issue according to my search console.

1) clickable elements too close together
2) Text too small to read

I went through the post multiple times but I couldn't find anything that was too small or having clickable elements too close together. My previous posts have a similar format but they don't have this issue. Can someone help identify what could be the possible issue?

ToffeeLa

BuSo Pro
Can someone help identify what could be the possible issue?
Google sometimes (often) does not load the associated css so the page looks unstyled.

I used to validate the page when this happened but it is so common across all the sites that I don't waste my time now. It has no ill effects that I have experienced.

Any tips on finding reputable vendors for clothing? Example a vendor for quality White t shirts, etc.

Is there a way to import a set of photos into Wordpress media library and have the files be sorted in an alphabetical order of filename after import. Currently the files I am uploading are named as numbers from 1 to 20. But after I upload it to media library, the files are in random order. I can drag and drop one file at a time, but that would be tedious.

Hello - I'm fairly new to this space and have set up an info/affiliate marketing site over the past few months. I've seen a few recommendations and keep being told by Google to set up goals within Analytics. Whenever I go to try to do so, it feels like it's more intended for an e-commerce site or something with more of a funnel than what I currently have.

Do you use analytics goals in your affiliate sites? If so, how do you configure that generically or do you have any good resources I could take a look at?

RBT

Can I have 2 articles from my site show up both on #1 and #2 spot in the SERPs?

I have a keyword that has only 1-2 real competitors and I want do take both #1 and #2 spot for that keyword. Is it possible or does Google restrict that?

Essentially, its an up and coming lucrative keyword and I want to completely dominate it.

Which is more reliable for knowing your traffic from google search, GA or Search Console? And does anyone know why GA shows "keyword not provided" for some of the sessions?

secretagentdad

American Dad is the best show of all time.
BuSo Pro
Search console

That said I have seen keywords get their volume inflated very substantially by bot traffic so you still gotta look at the data and make sure it adds up.

bernard

BuSo Pro
And does anyone know why GA shows "keyword not provided" for some of the sessions?

Legal privacy issues, as far as I know. Google Analytics has a unique id for each visitor with a lot of identifiable data, so Google removed it, even before the european GDPR agreement.

Looking for ideas to buy ads or get us student eyeballs on a certain product I'm working on.

NB: I'm non resident in the USA

I have been playing with Google properties (iframes + links) and had good results. Do you guys know other ways to use them? I tried Amazon AWS and Windows storage but haven't seen any movement.

I recently bagged a good domain for a health related niche. Not sure what to do with it though. Easiest thing would be adsense site but it feels very lazy. Is adsense even allowed for health related niches?

First question:

If I'm starting out using WordPress and ads to monetize with search engine traffic, does it matter if I use a "page"-based silo structure (I think that's what it's still called) or just throw everything under "posts?"

I'm thinking the page-based approach is superior, but I keep seeing a lot of sites that just seem to throw everything under posts, so I thought I'd ask.

Second question:

With either of the above approaches, should I remove the dates from the posts? If so, I guess I'll have to figure out how to go about that (unless it's as easy as setting up a child theme and editing it?)

For reference, I'm targeting a sort of "evergreen" niche where things don't change much over time. Think self-help or some other gobbledygook people throw money at.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
does it matter if I use a "page"-based silo structure (I think that's what it's still called) or just throw everything under "posts?"
They're the exact same thing. Pages vs. Posts only exist in Wordpress to help you be organized. Pages are meant for stuff like About, Contact, Terms of Service, Product Landers, etc. Posts are meant for your regular content that you roll out a bunch of, like you see in a blog or on an authority site. Anything you can achieve with Pages (like having folders and sub-folders in the URL paths) you can achieve with Posts, and to the user or Google, they don't know which you used.

With either of the above approaches, should I remove the dates from the posts?
There's zero benefit to removing dates these days. There's benefits to showing dates, not only with the freshness part of the algorithm but the ability to get into Google Discover, etc. If a post gets outdated, you can update the date. It gives the user confidence that you're maintaining your content. I choose to not show a Publish date but a Last Updated date, myself, that gets updated automatically if I re-save anything on the post. Sometimes I'll even update the date on every post on a site to within a 3 day time span of each other in the recent past so everything is "updated" for Google and the readers.

I choose to not show a Publish date but a Last Updated date, myself, that gets updated automatically if I re-save anything on the post.
Okay cool. I'm going to use the posts thing since that's always seemed more organized to me in the backend, and I'm going to steal this "last updated" idea too.

I appreciate the help.

To add on to what @Ryuzaki said, there is no technical difference between a Wordpress Post or Page. The intent of a Wordpress Page is for more static content or for content you don't want in the RSS feed. That's why you'll typically put content like a contact us, privacy policies, etc. into a Wordpress Page.

Besides the RSS feed only containing posts, most Wordpress plugins, themes and widgets are designed around showing/displaying and linking between posts. Posts also have categories, for further organizing your content.

Want a fancy content carousel on your homepage that only shows articles about blue widgets? In most cases you could only do that with a post that has a category of "blue widgets".

As far as dates go, I 100% agree with Ryuzaki. Don't remove them, but look into how to modify your theme to use the "Last Modified Date". Some themes make it easier than others, but I'm sure with a little googlefu you'll be able to figure it out.

Some additional questions:

1. How important are image file names? I usually name them by the associated sport, followed by a number (the order they fall in my folder).

2. For image alt tags, is using the header name that the image falls under a good method for alt tags?

3. When hiring writers from other countries (such as the Philippines) through Upwork (or similar sites) do you pay by the hour or by word? I’ve only paid US writers by word up until now but was wondering how you know the writer(s) is being truthful with the time he’s spending on an article.

bernard

BuSo Pro
1+2. Not important, but Alt tags should definitely be as descriptive as possible, I might write "red competition kettlebell for use in home training". Keep in mind we're not far off when Google will use AI to read the image.

3. I don't think anyone pays by the hour unless it's someone you have a long standing relationship with or they work in your office. Authority Hackers seem to pay by a combination of words and time, but I figure most writers wouldn't want it unless it's huge volume. Many writers like the idea of being paid if they're fast, which is why quality often drops over time.

I have some questions about whether some footprints are worth worrying about...

Who here bothers to use separate search console accounts for each website they own? I currently have a unique account for each property but have heard that it's not necessary?

Also curious about hosting multiple sites on one VPS (one unique IP). Currently the sites that I host are on their own VPS but a friend hosts all his sites (each in different niches) on the same IP address. I had the feeling this is risky, and if one site gets penalized likely all of them will. However, how does that differ from using shared hosts where you might be sharing an IP with a shitty PBN?

What's the best method to add a simple buy button to a Wordpress site? Without adding a full on ecommerce plugin like Woocommerce. I have a few simple products I'd like to start selling on my content site.

So far I found Gumroad, which also has a WP plugin. Wondering if there is a better way to handle this.

Mr Potato

BuSo Pro
What's the best method to add a simple buy button to a Wordpress site? Without adding a full on ecommerce plugin like Woocommerce. I have a few simple products I'd like to start selling on my content site.

So far I found Gumroad, which also has a WP plugin. Wondering if there is a better way to handle this.

Depending on what you are trying to do, PayPal is easy.

I have some questions about whether some footprints are worth worrying about...

Who here bothers to use separate search console accounts for each website they own? I currently have a unique account for each property but have heard that it's not necessary?

Also curious about hosting multiple sites on one VPS (one unique IP). Currently the sites that I host are on their own VPS but a friend hosts all his sites (each in different niches) on the same IP address. I had the feeling this is risky, and if one site gets penalized likely all of them will. However, how does that differ from using shared hosts where you might be sharing an IP with a shitty PBN?

Are you logging into all the different site search consoles from the same machine? You will find varying opinions on this matter but the best thing to do is be as careful as possible.

Random thought: you ever come across another site in your niche that gets 100k+ views a month (well, according to semrush) and don't see one sign of them monetizing?