Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

time has something to do with it or can you position a website fast? I am trying to plan in time a project that I am starting. That is why I need an estimate of how long it would take from the day I start to the day I can generate income with the web

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
time has something to do with it or can you position a website fast? I am trying to plan in time a project that I am starting. That is why I need an estimate of how long it would take from the day I start to the day I can generate income with the web
The quality of the answers you receive are entirely based on the quality of the questions you ask.

I'm not trying to be demeaning or anything, but your question is equivalent to the question "how long is a piece of string?" in that there's not enough information to answer your question.

We don't know:
  • Are you starting on an aged domain with existing backlinks?
  • What's the competition level of your vertical, niche, and keywords?
  • Do you have experience with on-page SEO?
  • Will you be earning or acquiring backlinks? If so, how many and how powerful?
  • What will your page speed and other technical SEO metrics be like?
  • How much content do you plan on publishing?
So on and so forth. We aren't psychic so if you don't tell us these things, we can't really give you an informed answer.

I can give you a roundabout answer though: You, specifically, as a newbie, should expect to learn and work for at least 2 years (best case scenario) if not more before you begin ranking well enough for high enough volume keywords to generate any significant money.

Otherwise you can take the shortcut and pay for Adwords ads in the SERPs.