Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
Now that my content engine is more or less in place, I'd like to transition to interactive tools (calculators, quizzes, etc.)

But before I decide on a specific path, I want to make sure that:
- It can be executed quickly (I'd like to have at least 5 tools up & running by end of next week)
- Scale with traffic (1000's of daily uses and tens/hundreds of concurrent users)
- Works with WordPress

Has anyone gone down this path before? What do you recommend?

Thanks!
You or the plugin creators will have to be doing something catastrophically bad for a page or site to crash from that much usage, even with database querying or extra PHP processing, etc. The rest will be client side on the user's browser. You could code the most inefficient stuff and it'll still won't have much more (or even less) of an impact on the server than a basic Wordpress post with caching.

Most tools I'm thinking about that you could roll out as quickly as you described won't do any database stuff. It'll take user input and do all the calculation in the user's browser (Javascript & jQuery) from data stuffed in JSON or something.

But typically I'd say get it completed and done and then go back to optimizing if even needed, because pre-optimization is a trap.

Is there any method to better fill the gaps that come out of GSC data? I have a page that is doing better than I expected in traffic but the portions that are actually generating clicks aren't showing up in the query data.

Can keyword tools fill these gaps or do they just pull from GSC info after connecting?

How long should article Titles & Meta Description be?

Should I try to blend in my primary keyword for both (or do I focus on driving the click first & foremost)?

How long should article Titles & Meta Description be?
Title about 60 characters, meta description about 150-160 charachters. Some people like keeping them short so the content doesn't get truncated but personally I don't bother too much.

Should I try to blend in my primary keyword for both (or do I focus on driving the click first & foremost)?
Driving the click is the most important but yes, you should add your keywords. Try to front load it. In the meta description your keyword will get bolded (which helps it stand out, improve the CTR).

I'm using SERPROBOT as my SERP tracking tool. For some keywords I get the message "Not found". Does it mean that these keywords aren't in the top 100?

I'm setting up AdSense for my site. I think that I need to follow Google's EU user consent policy, which seems to suggest Funding Choices. But Funding Choices doesn't seem to be available for AdSense users.

Anyone using AdSense, how do you normally satisfy that cookie consent requirement? Is there a basic consent management tool that you recommend?

When hyperlinking articles, is there a best practice between opening the page in the same tab or it opening in a new tab? I've always thought opening a page in a new tab is the way to go and is better for user experience, but I've heard others argue the exact opposite.

Also, if the new page is opening in the same tab...does that count as a bounce? or does Google not care since you linked to the page?

CCarter

Metaverse Phase One Director
I've always thought opening a page in a new tab is the way to go and is better for user experience, but I've heard others argue the exact opposite.

For some reason some webmasters tend to do it based on their own preference. So if they always open a new tab for a page they force users to do the same.

The reality is they should let the user do it. Most users that want to stay on the same page AND open a new tab right click and select "open in a new tab", it's a muscle memory by now.

Now I personally have a script that goes through my blogposts and adds target="_blank" to all OUTBOUND links (variation of this code: jQuery - Automatically add UTM Campaign data). Internal links I allow users to stay within the same browsing tab. I just want to keep them on my site regardless.

The worse experience is webmasters that force new tabs on every single fucking link include internal links like navigation. That's stupid and insane. Actually it's just amateurish.