Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

I'm starting on my own and doing some freelancing and looking into LLC's.

Is there any difference in an LLC and S-corp that would benefit someone freelancing with SEO? I heard there is no real tax advantage, but wondering what other SEO's typically pick in the USA for setups.

Hi All,

Here is a dumb question I'm afraid to ask.

In 2016, AHREF's was the best!
Fast forward to now, what is the community using now?

Is it MOZ? Still AHREFS? Or appears to be Majestic?
The use case would be for domaining and competitor analysis.

Thanks heaps

Second question.

When I did active PBN building, I would "never" use Chrome, GMAIL or Google Spreadsheets (for fear of leaving a footprint and my PBN being wiped out). Do the hard core SEO's here use Chrome? Or are you using a different Browser (like Firefox) to prevent tracking?

Thanks

Third Question.
I'm organising my hosting and PBN and I don't want to put it in Google sheets.
Back in the day, I used Zoho as my online spreadsheet tool (not scrapable by Google).
Wondering what you guys are using now to manage your details?
The solution needs to be accessiable by other team members (collaborative).
Thanks

Hi All,

Here is a dumb question I'm afraid to ask.

In 2016, AHREF's was the best!
Fast forward to now, what is the community using now?

Is it MOZ? Still AHREFS? Or appears to be Majestic?
The use case would be for domaining and competitor analysis.

Thanks heaps

AHrefs

Second question.

When I did active PBN building, I would "never" use Chrome, GMAIL or Google Spreadsheets (for fear of leaving a footprint and my PBN being wiped out). Do the hard core SEO's here use Chrome? Or are you using a different Browser (like Firefox) to prevent tracking?

Thanks

I use Chrome, GMail, and Google sheets with my PBNs. Google isn't going to give a fuck about that.

Third Question.
I'm organising my hosting and PBN and I don't want to put it in Google sheets.
Back in the day, I used Zoho as my online spreadsheet tool (not scrapable by Google).
Wondering what you guys are using now to manage your details?
The solution needs to be accessiable by other team members (collaborative).
Thanks

Google Sheets or Excel. Alternatively, a managed PBN service, like Easy Blog Networks, always worked great for me.

I am fond of short brandable domains

So, in terms branding perspective, would a prefer a slightly odd sounding four letter .net or .org vs a 5 letter com

I m using the first 2 letters as an abbreviation of my target keyword. It is also a popular keyword anyway, bit the abbreviation and the keyword.

So I have something jkvg dot net jkbn.org vs jkhub.com

I don't know why i love short domains. even looking at some dot to etc with 3 letters haha

I am planning to flip the site in a couple years

WHat is the deal with Asian SPAM sites? Is it that it is easier to rank on Asian SERPs with spam, or they operate at a different scale. Every expired domain with some authority links that are available are spammed by Asians. Tow of my old sites that I sold was left to expire by the new owners after they can't survive a few google updates (one ran the site for 3 years and made their money and much more, another also made thier money and site was still ranking I guess they forgot to renew the domain) and it is sad to see that both the sites totally unrelated Asian site now..

Any good call forwarding service? Other than Avoxi...

On expireddomain dot net there is LE, BL and DP as the first three column after the star. DP is the domain pop referring domains, but I can't figure out how to use it as a filter. The is a Majestic Domain Pop option on filter but it is not the same as the DP in the default result. It would then be pretty easy to filter out the spam domains.

@bopeep, if you sign up (free) you get a lot more filters. There's four tabs of filters. One of them is Adwords & SEO, and it includes SEOkicks Domain Pop:

egiNiKy.png

This is what the basic DP metric is using.

Anyone have any tips for beating Disqus' spam filter? There are so many high-traffic sites with Disqus comments enabled . . .

Is posting a mass amount of articles when you first launch your site the best thing to do?

@abbykmorley, A similar question was recently asked here by @DanielS, you can follow that link and read the next few responses to see some thoughts on this topic from @Ryuzaki and myself.

Generally speaking, there's no reason to hold back. If the content is ready to go, post it. You're better off having it live instead of trying to build up a big backlog to launch with a ton of posts all at once (assuming you've already got a plan, a domain, a website setup, etc.)

The sooner the articles get posted, the sooner they'll get indexed, the sooner they'll get some age behind them, the sooner other sites will be able to link to them, the sooner you can start sending visitors to them, etc.

I can't think of an advantage to holding back and waiting until you have a bunch of posts and posting them all at once, if the alternative was having some of them posted sooner - but maybe somebody can offer a counter-point.

@abbykmorley, A similar question was recently asked here by @DanielS, you can follow that link and read the next few responses to see some thoughts on this topic from @Ryuzaki and myself.

Generally speaking, there's no reason to hold back. If the content is ready to go, post it. You're better off having it live instead of trying to build up a big backlog to launch with a ton of posts all at once (assuming you've already got a plan, a domain, a website setup, etc.)

The sooner the articles get posted, the sooner they'll get indexed, the sooner they'll get some age behind them, the sooner other sites will be able to link to them, the sooner you can start sending visitors to them, etc.

I can't think of an advantage to holding back and waiting until you have a bunch of posts and posting them all at once, if the alternative was having some of them posted sooner - but maybe somebody can offer a counter-point.

I agree with the posting part, having worked on many sites and doing both big push and gradual, I haven’t seen any big difference

Anyone else seeing big impression drops and or changes from google across direct targeted campaigns?
Specifically on campaigns without auto suggestion on?
Seems like something is getting wonky but I might just be underestimating the impact of new bidders.

Has anyone sold a website of 4figs+ value to someone in India/SouthWest Asia?

Just wondering has anyone actually had an experience of value from someone from these places.

What was your experience? positive negative?

What are good link launders now? Like, what is safe and legit to use on the top of the link pyramid. Few years ago there were Blogger, Tumblr, all kinds of Pligg... But i lost track since.

in what seems to be my never ending quest to learn affiliate marketing, will having a blog site be helpful as well? and where can i go for no nonsense affiliate marketing help without buying some assholes course?

Can you be a bit more specific about what you mean? I'm understanding this to mean having a blog about affiliate marketing? Like a "Follow my journey as I learn affiliate marketing" kind of thing?

Some people learn by reading about stuff, some learn by doing the stuff, some learn by watching someone else do it, some learn by teaching it... (Sidenote: I guess there are seven styles of learning.)

If ideas tend to click for you better after teaching them or just repeating/re-writing them, I suppose it could be helpful to start that blog, but... gosh, there's already so many affiliate marketing blogs written by people who are just repeating and re-writing ideas while teaching things they don't really have any first hand experience with.

If you mean just having a blog on an affiliate website about dog collars or something, or you've been doing affiliate marketing without having a website (facebook -> landing page), the answer is just "depends" on your strategy, what type of affiliate business you're running, etc.

I think we can give much better answers if we have a bit more background about what you're working on, what you've done in the past, etc.

If you want a place to journal your journey, you could create a thread in the Lab where you'll get a lot of feedback from people, and some of it will be from people who have actually done the things you're doing, so that's very valuable.

where can i go for no nonsense affiliate marketing help without buying some assholes course?

You are at that place right now, welcome to BuSo!

How do I disable noreferrer tags on some outbound links on my site? Due to this tag, my affiliate partner cannot see the traffic coming from my site to his website. I don't see any good plugins for doing this. What is the best way to do this?

I'll just share some traffic boners and some key info on how they were achieved.

83.png

After this site got hit by pretty much every update, I knew something drastic had to be done. After below changes, it saw a ~75% increase in organic traffic overnight after the March update and is still steadily climbing.
  • Link detox
  • Complete re-design with a better WordPress theme (in terms of size, quality and performance of code)
  • Moved to faster hosting setup
  • Dropped silo menu structure in favor of lower click-depth
  • Pruning of pages that didn't perform well or cannibalized with pillar pages
  • Added ~20 decent guest post links on tier 1 + PBNs on tier 2
That's all actually. The content was already pretty decent before (WDF*IDF optimized and all), which didn't keep the site from getting hit.

84.png

This is just a relatively new niche site where just everything seems to go well. Usually seeing a decent and lasting boost with each update.
  • WDF*IDF optimized content
  • Only very relevant pages linked contextually - always linking back from each page I link out to
  • Link building solely relies on guest posts with PBNs on tier 2 and some manual outreach for insertions
  • Pretty much money content only. 20% or less purely informational types of pages.
  • Fast hosting + Google CDN + Google DNS
  • Some traffic from Facebook (ads)
Impressive rebuild!
I can see how cleaning up the links would prevent GG hitting the site. Aside from the greater click depth and its potential onpage SEO benefits, was removing the silo structure also intended to prevent getting hit by updates in some way?
Apologies if this is a newb question, what is "WDF*IDF" optimized content?

Spam me with Baidu SEO companies that you know of. Thanks.
SEO Mandarin. A Dutch company with contacts in the People's Republic of China.

The Dutch are like Germans, albeit with shittier after-sales service. Mainly because it is a country that focuses on import/export and from a historical point of view simply opted to pay others when it came to utilizing the sharp end of the stick when a dispute had to be settled. This was often found to be more cost-effective, since the loss could be recouped by simply continue to do business with other parties. But I trust you to be smart enough to ask questions before the handshake.

ICP would help, no idea if you already got that one as my memory is a bit out of whack today and I’m also a bit too lazy to have a look at your thread about this topic.

Hey folks, just wanted to start off by saying hi to everyone.
I'm pretty new to the SEO game and slowly learning.

My content is getting impressions, but no clicks.
Is there a standard CLR and does it change with ranking?

Back