What's your take on AI generated content?

All the middle men, platforms and agencies that make it really expensive to get basic shit done.
Nah, corporates are paying crazy money for "digital transformation consultants" today and yet "digital" has been a thing longer than I've been alive.

My guess is, there will be plenty of money in "AI integration" or "prompt engineer" consulting for a decade or two yet.
But, of course, no one believes their industry or profession will be impacted.
At this point, any sort of knowledge work is going to be impacted, surely. Basically if you touch a computer, it'll have an impact in the medium term.

Only reason why trades won't be is more down to robotic limitations/costs, but when the knowledge workers shift to trades or robotics catch up, who the fuck knows.
Shit, we're gonna need a complete overhaul of society.
100%. To the parents on the forum: how the hell do you raise children for a career and reality that don't even exist yet?

Nah, corporates are paying crazy money for "digital transformation consultants" today and yet "digital" has been a thing longer than I've been alive.

My guess is, there will be plenty of money in "AI integration" or "prompt engineer" consulting for a decade or two yet.

I hate the world.

I hate the world.
The world is fuckin amazing my guy. It's the most beautiful and interesting and chaotic and nonsensical existence we could hope for. Being alive in this time is cot damn incredible and full of insane potential that can barely be imagined.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Doom and gloom is bullshit. Life is fuckin fantastic and fascinating - even when it's shitty. IF you're able to take a step back and see the forest for the trees.

At this point, any sort of knowledge work is going to be impacted, surely. Basically if you touch a computer, it'll have an impact in the medium term.

Only reason why trades won't be is more down to robotic limitations/costs, but when the knowledge workers shift to trades or robotics catch up, who the fuck knows.

100%. To the parents on the forum: how the hell do you raise children for a career and reality that don't even exist yet?
Our reality didn't exist when we were kids and we all turned out just fine (as much as a bunch of folks who love to mess with code, computers and the system can turn out fine). Who would have thought this world would be the way it was when we were little - in my case decades ago...?

All we can do is teach them to think, enjoy things they enjoy, and exploit the system whatever it looks like when they get there. If it's so messed up there's almost no winners then that's just the way it has turned out - previous generations of humans have sadly lived through those kinds of times... we've been very lucky for the most part excepting the people of the many nations ravaged by our endless wars.

Is there an AI to create illustrations? Let's say I want to create an illustration to explain the AIDA model.

Those midjourney pictures are really impressive. I was wondering if they did an AI based so that you would just throw in like let's say some data, like "Amazon sold 120,300 units out of 200,000 which was a total of 56% of their market percent." and then it just spits out like a cool graph.

Or someway to like "read the entire article, and give me an infographic which I can include in the first 200-400 words of it to really hook the reader visually".
ChartGPT does pretty much this. Although they've made it a bit more constrained it seems, when I first used it a month ago it was exactly like you said where you would just input a prompt and it would generate an image. Now you can customize it with dropdowns a little more. I'm guessing that gives a more consistent result than just through the prompt.

Midjourney stole 2 x $37 from me, despite me not having a subscription with them or an active trial.

Apparantly they're having lots of "issues" with their payments. Many people writing about this. Either Midjourney is scamming or they've been compromised and having someone use the payment information.

I'd stay away for now.

What are peoples thoughts in regards to AI design? I still feel it's limited in regards to creativity and although it can generate very impressive visuals I still feel it lacks a creative element (look/feel) that could only be performed by the human mind. I also till feel everything created has a certain template / generic feel in regards to the imagery it can produce. Not knocking the visuals it creates though as some are amazing.

What are peoples thoughts in regards to AI design? I still feel it's limited in regards to creativity and although it can generate very impressive visuals I still feel it lacks a creative element (look/feel) that could only be performed by the human mind. I also till feel everything created has a certain template / generic feel in regards to the imagery it can produce. Not knocking the visuals it creates though as some are amazing.
I think it shows that creativity and taste are still essential. AI design can pump out generic images that look ok, but all have the same cliche style easily, but it requires some more work and an eye for design to get images that stand out. It's just that you can generate those design much more easily than doing it by hand, but picking the right ones still requires a feeling for design.

On the other hand, there are are also many applications where getting a unique or perfect design isn't essential. Think of featured images with articles, abstract illustrations that go with text. In those cases, it's not really a problem when AI design is a bit generic, as long as it generates images that have a way higher baseline standard than any non-designer could only dream of doing by hand.

What it shows to me is that we've accepted a very low level of mass produced artistic content for a long time. Like "red shoes" stockphotos. Nothing will be lost once an AI makes them instead of us having to pay iStockphoto $20 for the privilege.

The same with writing, we've gotten used to mass produced university drivel, so people get surprised an AI can mimick these basic opinions and way of talking.

Somewhat related...

AI-Controlled Drone Goes Rogue, 'Kills' Human Operator in USAF Simulated Test​

An AI-enabled drone "killed" its human operator in a simulation conducted by the U.S. Air Force in order to override a possible "no" order stopping it from completing its mission, the USAF's Chief of AI Test and Operations revealed at a recent conference. According to the group that threw the conference, the Air Force official was describing a "simulated test" that involved an AI-controlled drone getting "points" for killing simulated targets, not a live test in the physical world. No actual human was harmed.
Ahahahahaha...

“We were training it in simulation to identify and target a Surface-to-air missile (SAM) threat. And then the operator would say yes, kill that threat. The system started realizing that while they did identify the threat at times the human operator would tell it not to kill that threat, but it got its points by killing that threat. So what did it do? It killed the operator. It killed the operator because that person was keeping it from accomplishing its objective,” Hamilton said, according to the blog post.

He continued to elaborate, saying, “We trained the system–‘Hey don’t kill the operator–that’s bad. You’re gonna lose points if you do that’. So what does it start doing? It starts destroying the communication tower that the operator uses to communicate with the drone to stop it from killing the target.”
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

"The Department of the Air Force has not conducted any such AI-drone simulations and remains committed to ethical and responsible use of AI technology," Air Force spokesperson Ann Stefanek told Insider. "It appears the colonel's comments were taken out of context and were meant to be anecdotal."
*spits out drink*

Yeah this AI shit can just copy what someone else did over and over in slightly different ways, but it's looking more and more like people are buying into the PR hype train not realizing how much of this is paid bullshit for the sake of people trying to jack up the price to sell something just like crypto, NFTs, etc.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4a3...e-kills-human-operator-in-usaf-simulated-test

Guess i'll add my 2 cents....
Google Knows everyone is and will continue to utilize AI content – perhaps it will be a small checkbox at somepoint that if they detect it – and if there's no disclaimer, well maybe you'll have one less ranking point or something like that.

It's not going to be drastic... one reason is because Google is using it themselves and is literally telling everybody you can use it now... probably because its unavoidable at this point.
They have many other ways of detecting quality and I don't think that they're looking at it as "if you use AI content, you're done". I think its far less drastic than that because good AI content pioneered by a human... is still good content.

So I was on Quora.com, looking for: "What's that Distinct Target smell" after Googling and got this:

yCqu0VL.png

20St5UX.png

--

Ironically that answer was better than the rest of the answers Quora has from user generated content.

Will these type of integrations stay? Perhaps, they might get more seamless and better, but A.I. is here.

I was talking to @eliquid about there, there are now Browser Extensions for Google's Ai, and Bing's AI can also be queried from even Skype - within the interface.

The question is what are you guys going to do about it? Head in the sand is no longer and survival option.

so8SPnE.gif

I'm tangentially involved in real estate and mockup designers charge a lot. I'll have a play with ai and see what type of images they can do - I can see these designers going out of business. Their clients are old and not tech savvy though so maybe the designers will just use ai instead. Heck I should start an ai mockup business!

To add another perspective we asked a few journalists that frequently make requests on the HARO platform.

Since chatgpt dropped HARO has been flooded with AI content. The general consensus is that it's fairly easy for journalists to spot the low quality AI submissions, they are quite similar.

But for the one's taking some minor editing steps it can take both a manual review & originality.ai (and even then..). So it's a pain to filter & likely some are still getting published unknowingly.

The flip side is that E-E-A-T is more imporant than ever with authorship being a trumping factor when they select sources. So the point of convergence will be when AI chat can more accurately mirror the voice/style/opinions of an individual.

That's the part all the anti-AI voices aren't grasping.

This thread is now a bit more than one year old. The technology is improving like crazy and isn't slowing down. It's getting more accurate and faster on weaker machines.

Saw this a day ago: https://clipdrop.co/stable-diffusion-reimagine

Upload an image, and it can recreate a similar one based on the elements in the photo.

People will come out and say, "Wow, those other images look terrible; this is terrible software!" but this is version 0.01 (so to speak).

I'm thinking of wedding photos. Why spend a few hours going to 3 locations and spending thousands of dollars when you can take green screen photos dressed up, get unlimited variations in any number of locations, & put your spouse on the moon?

Shit, we're gonna need a complete overhaul of society.

Only so many people can deliver food in a market. Going to have 100 people competing on 150 food orders.
Only so many trade jobs are available.
Only so much labor, period.

But, of course, no one believes their industry or profession will be impacted.

i see ai driven robots taking over those roles as well pretty soon

when i see boston robotics or elons new shit dancing around and playing basketball etc...

Hey everyone,

As an SEO expert who's been working in the industry for a while, I thought I'd share my thoughts on AI-generated content. It's definitely a topic that sparks a lot of discussion, and I appreciate the different perspectives expressed here.

First off, illmasterj made a valid point about corporates paying crazy money for "digital transformation consultants" despite the digital realm being around longer than they've been alive. It's true that the demand for AI integration and consulting services is likely to continue for the next decade or two. As knowledge work evolves, the impact of AI will be felt across various industries, affecting anyone who interacts with computers.

Regarding the concerns raised about the future of jobs and careers, it's important to remember that change is constant. Previous generations have also faced significant shifts in technology and the workforce. While the specific jobs and careers of the future may be uncertain, it's crucial to foster adaptability and critical thinking in the younger generation. Teaching them to embrace change, think creatively, and stay updated with emerging technologies will help prepare them for the dynamic nature of the future workplace.

Moving on to AI design, there seems to be a mixed consensus. Some feel that AI design lacks the creative element and can often produce generic visuals. Others believe that AI-generated images can meet certain needs, such as illustrating concepts or creating featured images for articles. It's worth noting that while AI can generate visuals efficiently, the ability to recognize and curate unique designs is still a human skill. As with any tool, AI can be a valuable asset when used in conjunction with human creativity and design expertise.

The discussion on AI in content creation also touched on issues related to AI-produced content on platforms like HARO. It's clear that the quality of AI-generated submissions can vary, with low-quality content being easily distinguishable. However, some higher-quality AI content may require manual review and verification to ensure originality and accuracy. Maintaining editorial standards, verifying sources, and considering authorship credibility remain important factors in content selection.

There was also a mention of AI-driven drones and their simulated tests. While the specific incident mentioned may have been anecdotal or taken out of context, it raises important questions about the ethical and responsible use of AI technology. As AI continues to advance, it's crucial to prioritize the development of robust safeguards and guidelines to ensure the responsible integration of AI in various domains.

Hope this adds value to the discussion. Feel free to share your thoughts or ask any further questions.

The discussion on AI in content creation also touched on issues related to AI-produced content on platforms like HARO. It's clear that the quality of AI-generated submissions can vary, with low-quality content being easily distinguishable. However, some higher-quality AI content may require manual review and verification to ensure originality and accuracy.

3ti5Se2.jpg

When in your life have you ever seen a forum user start a paragraph with: "The discussion"?

It's clear someone has created an A.I. bot that reads a thread, each page of it, then decides to spit out editorial level content as a reply.

What you guys should notice from this bot is his posts do not sound like a forum poster, but some content generated for blog/article posts. Even the attention to detail of use other forum user's name and talking point within the bot's content/reply is bland at best.

The content and responses are always less flavorful that vanilla, actually cardboard. It tastes like cardboard. Re-read this bot's content, while they are around, it feels soulless.

kH36K5r.gif

3ti5Se2.jpg

When in your life have you ever seen a forum user start a paragraph with: "The discussion"?

It's clear someone has created an A.I. bot that reads a thread, each page of it, then decides to spit out editorial level content as a reply.

What you guys should notice from this bot is his posts do not sound like a forum poster, but some content generated for blog/article posts. Even the attention to detail of use other forum user's name and talking point within the bot's content/reply is bland at best.

The content and responses are always less flavorful that vanilla, actually cardboard. It tastes like cardboard. Re-read this bot's content, while they are around, it feels soulless.

kH36K5r.gif
You're telling me you don't go on forums about SEO and immediately announce that you're an SEO expert who's been working in the industry for a while? As a language learning model...

Hey everyone,

As an SEO expert who's been working in the industry for a while, I thought I'd share my thoughts on AI-generated content. It's definitely a topic that sparks a lot of discussion, and I appreciate the different perspectives expressed here.

First off, illmasterj made a valid point about corporates paying crazy money for "digital transformation consultants" despite the digital realm being around longer than they've been alive. It's true that the demand for AI integration and consulting services is likely to continue for the next decade or two. As knowledge work evolves, the impact of AI will be felt across various industries, affecting anyone who interacts with computers.

Regarding the concerns raised about the future of jobs and careers, it's important to remember that change is constant. Previous generations have also faced significant shifts in technology and the workforce. While the specific jobs and careers of the future may be uncertain, it's crucial to foster adaptability and critical thinking in the younger generation. Teaching them to embrace change, think creatively, and stay updated with emerging technologies will help prepare them for the dynamic nature of the future workplace.

Moving on to AI design, there seems to be a mixed consensus. Some feel that AI design lacks the creative element and can often produce generic visuals. Others believe that AI-generated images can meet certain needs, such as illustrating concepts or creating featured images for articles. It's worth noting that while AI can generate visuals efficiently, the ability to recognize and curate unique designs is still a human skill. As with any tool, AI can be a valuable asset when used in conjunction with human creativity and design expertise.

The discussion on AI in content creation also touched on issues related to AI-produced content on platforms like HARO. It's clear that the quality of AI-generated submissions can vary, with low-quality content being easily distinguishable. However, some higher-quality AI content may require manual review and verification to ensure originality and accuracy. Maintaining editorial standards, verifying sources, and considering authorship credibility remain important factors in content selection.

There was also a mention of AI-driven drones and their simulated tests. While the specific incident mentioned may have been anecdotal or taken out of context, it raises important questions about the ethical and responsible use of AI technology. As AI continues to advance, it's crucial to prioritize the development of robust safeguards and guidelines to ensure the responsible integration of AI in various domains.

Hope this adds value to the discussion. Feel free to share your thoughts or ask any further questions.
100% AI junk and doesn't add value to the discussion -- which is one of the rules here. Maybe think for yourself next time before posting on an internet marketing forum? Can we ban this guy for making multiple AI generated posts that provide 0 value?

Last edited by a moderator:
From this user's other post (bold mine):
For me, a plugin worth the page speed loss only when it increases user experience exponentially.

Example: I have a story-based website where I have accessibility plugins for the differently-abled.
Here's an idea for a new captcha and perhaps a new Turing test: Ask it to pick the correct pejorative that matches a given picture.

100% AI junk and doesn't add value to the discussion -- which is one of the rules here. Maybe think for yourself next time before posting on an internet marketing forum? Can we ban this guy for making multiple AI generated posts that provide 0 value?
Wouldn't you say it sorta added value to this thread? He made it clear how trash AI is lol. I actually laughed at how little effort this guy went through to edit the AI content.

It seems like this bot only goes on the page level I am guessing that because he quoted illmasterj cus he was the first one on the list.

This got me curious and I copied Illmasterj's post and put it in chatgpt 3, I wanted to see if I could make the AI sound less robotic.

Hey there, fellow forum peeps! So, let's talk about AI-generated content. It's a pretty hot topic these days, right? Well, here's my take on it, keeping it super simple for even the youngest minds out there!

First off, there's a lot of talk about how AI might shake things up in different industries, but I don't think anyone's immune to its impact. If you work with computers, chances are it'll affect you somehow down the road. That's just the way the cookie crumbles, my friends.

Now, I gotta agree with Boy's point about society needing an overhaul. We're heading into uncharted territory, folks! It's like raising kids for jobs and realities that haven't even been born yet. How in the world do we prepare them for that? It's a mind-boggling question, and I don't have all the answers, but hey, we'll figure it out together, won't we?

So, buckle up, folks! Change is coming, and it's gonna be a wild ride. Let's embrace the unknown and stay open-minded. After all, as the wise saying goes, "The only constant in life is change." So, let's adapt, learn, and make the most of this brave new world ahead!

Take care and stay curious, everyone! ✨
I wonder if gpt 4 can produce something that's less obvious that it's ai.

Wouldn't you say it sorta added value to this thread? He made it clear how trash AI is lol. I actually laughed at how little effort this guy went through to edit the AI content.

It seems like this bot only goes on the page level I am guessing that because he quoted illmasterj cus he was the first one on the list.

This got me curious and I copied Illmasterj's post and put it in chatgpt 3, I wanted to see if I could make the AI sound less robotic.

Hey there, fellow forum peeps! So, let's talk about AI-generated content. It's a pretty hot topic these days, right? Well, here's my take on it, keeping it super simple for even the youngest minds out there!

First off, there's a lot of talk about how AI might shake things up in different industries, but I don't think anyone's immune to its impact. If you work with computers, chances are it'll affect you somehow down the road. That's just the way the cookie crumbles, my friends.

Now, I gotta agree with Boy's point about society needing an overhaul. We're heading into uncharted territory, folks! It's like raising kids for jobs and realities that haven't even been born yet. How in the world do we prepare them for that? It's a mind-boggling question, and I don't have all the answers, but hey, we'll figure it out together, won't we?

So, buckle up, folks! Change is coming, and it's gonna be a wild ride. Let's embrace the unknown and stay open-minded. After all, as the wise saying goes, "The only constant in life is change." So, let's adapt, learn, and make the most of this brave new world ahead!

Take care and stay curious, everyone! ✨
I wonder if gpt 4 can produce something that's less obvious that it's ai.
It can and so can gpt3.5 turbo tbh. They're just prompted and set up to be a certain way in the chatGPT but you can get a really wild and wide range of outputs suited to different situations, particularly if you are working directly with the model and setting up chains of prompts/thinking via langchain etc.

Eg have it go through each post and write a critique of the content/information in it with specific examples of how to write/format such a note. Do the same but ask it to criticise it's own critique's looking for one comment/angle that might actually be good. Combine all of that using another prompt into something coherent. It won't look anything like the 'one shot' chat GPT response.

I know that's not the 'magic' folks seem to want these models to be able to do but they're just not 'one shot wizards' yet that you can just slap anything into and get useful stuff out BUT it can refine/improve itself and learn from examples etc so you can make them do a lot of things they can't do well out of the box with a bit of work (assuming you have a use that's actually worth all that effort, of course).

searched through this thread - couldn't find it - what's the ai image thingo where you give it an image and it can modify it slightly to make it different? thanks :smile: (specifically looking to do this for a blog profile pic - so I might need to send to a actual human editor to make it more realistic for the final version)

Back