What's your take on AI generated content?

searched through this thread - couldn't find it - what's the ai image thingo where you give it an image and it can modify it slightly to make it different? thanks :smile: (specifically looking to do this for a blog profile pic - so I might need to send to a actual human editor to make it more realistic for the final version)
I have used dezgo for image to image on one of my blogs. You can get some interesting results playing around with the settings. What I like is that the style of all the images is now uniform across the site.

You're Already Dead

If you guys are worried about A.I. text content or images, you're so far behind, you're already dead.

From Midjourney to now Runway's Gen-2 - turn images into video... Hollywood's dead - this is one of the reasons they are/were striking:

--

--

--

So now think about anyone doing animation, videography, or anything video really - gone.

And some of you guys are still trying to figure out how to create text... Wild.

2qLUQNm.gif

I love AI. I use Chat GPT to write and edit content, come up with ideas, and implement custom development on Wordpress. I started using it in February and it has absolutely changed the game for me. Makes me feel like I have superpowers.

I've noticed some of my peers and even the people who work for me are concerned it will take their jobs. I just encourage them to use it themselves and offer to teach them about it.

I also carry around Midjourney in my pocket and show it to people all the time. Everybody is fascinated when I show them what it can do. I use it to generate content for my site, featured images, and even merchandise artwork. I used a graphic from Midjourney on an event poster, saved myself $200 of paying someone to make it. 300+ people showed up, bought the t-shirts (with Ai art on them).

Earlier this year I generated 50 images of a well-known celebrity and put them on my blog in list format and it went viral. 15,000 or so views and I made over $1000 in one day. That was the very same week i bought Midjourney. I didn't even share it myself on any social media, Google Discover picked it up.

Also, I have gotten Chat GPT to write some absolutely Hilarious content. It can take on voices and it will literally add whatever you tell it to in the piece. I think of my prompts almost like "recipes". Some of the zingers it spits out are just incredible.

There will always be value in the human element. AI can't taste, smell, hear, feel. Anything that requires literal first hand accounts will have human touches, especially as more people seek out Real Humans on the internet.

Just my two cents.

It's only going to take over the lower end of any industry.

For example, I play with a lot of platforms ( Claude, ChatGPT/Open Ai, Bard, LLaMA, several more, etc ) and I use it in a domain I know well... PPC.

I've probably gone through well over 10k prompts on EACH platform. I'm talking advanced prompts, not this "write me 1200 word article on PPC" BS either.

None of them can spit out the advanced PPC tactics I know and have used from years of trial and error.

I'm sure at some point, someone will point those models to expert advice and then it will start to creep into that space. But it's going to be like anything.. which expert and what advice? Just like youtube and search engines and other info, I can go online and listen to 50 experts on PPC and every single one of them will vomit out useless and old tactics that either don't make sense or are already outdated.

I don't feel that T shaped experts will get put out of work.

Many may find it harder to find work, or get work in a field they have deep experience in, but I think if Ai is coming after jobs, it's coming after those that were done poorly to begin with, with low level replaceable workers, under managers that can't the difference between an expert and a cog.

For an example, taking PPC again... I think all the low level and mid level PPC analysts out there will for sure their jobs. Low and mid level Ad creative people will also lose their jobs.

People sitting at the top of their game though, who know advanced strategy, tactics, and have the right connections/network, and have gotten their hands dirty for 10+ years and know the ins and outs.. will not.

I think the only way AI doesn't take over is it if is limited significantly and sold at extortionate prices and I do think this will likely happen once the models have been trained enough.

Of course there will then be open source models, but I do believe that OpenAI etc are already throttling the full potential.

I wonder whether there will be anything after AI really becomes everything.
Writing, painting, singing, movie-making,...

I think the real excitement begins when AI (not even general intelligence) leaves the digital realm and starts being applied to disciplines such as civil and mechanical engineering. Then we go on to biomedical, aerospace, nuclear, and even finding efficiencies we aren't aware of in electrical engineering. And if it can find improvements in computing, that can accelerate its own acceleration. Things will get interesting in our lifetimes, for sure.

I laugh about two general sentiments that were always out there:
  1. AI will come for trucker's jobs first. Learn to code!
  2. The arts will be safe because machines can't be creative.
Funnily enough, it came for the arts and coders first, which should have been obvious, since it would be a digital creation and most likely to be trained on digital creations. We had it completely backwards.

Another thing that I think about for a split second here and there is that, once OpenAI let the cat out of the bag, AI was everywhere in the digital realm. That means so many companies were working on it for a long time behind the scenes (not just getting API access and acting fast).

The public, even those of us aware enough to know we're unaware, have no clue how far technology truly is "into the future". So much is hidden in black budget skunkwork projects and within corporate think tank vaults, and dare I say even reverse engineering projects from even ancient earth civilizations or extraterrestrial ones! We can speculate all day and even the most informed of us would be off the mark. What a world!

All AI content creation tools/websites and software I have used up to now have always been very disappointing. Yes then can create huge amounts of content very fast meaning you can cover a vast range of topics very fast. However the actual quality always shows, always looks fake and is a bore to read.

You just can't beat a real person with real experience and knowledge about the topic being written about. Even when you have real writer who doesn't know the topic they are writing about it shows they have simply done a little research and made a post without any real knowledge on the topic.

All AI content creation tools/websites and software I have used up to now have always been very disappointing. Yes then can create huge amounts of content very fast meaning you can cover a vast range of topics very fast. However the actual quality always shows, always looks fake and is a bore to read.

You just can't beat a real person with real experience and knowledge about the topic being written about. Even when you have real writer who doesn't know the topic they are writing about it shows they have simply done a little research and made a post without any real knowledge on the topic.
Saw 100% AI site in the fish tank niche beating content from people with real experience, with 220k+/m traffic. It's a hit or miss with those sites, no telling if they'll last long but it already paid for itself many times over for that guy.

You are right, but that's not even the point.

The point is that AI writing tools produce content good enough. I'll say it again - it's good enough. Remember Dan Brown and his books? He sold millions, but his writing was arguably bad. Just try to compare his writing with virtually any op-ed piece from The New York Times or from The Atlantic.

His writing was good enough. And that's what 99 percent of websites are about. Nobody is going on a website about beekeeping to read Wordsworth-level or James Joyce-level writing about migrating a beehive during September.

I've been a writer, content manager and consultant in the online gambling space for about 15 years or so. I'll throw in some of my more recent experience on this AI situation with a few bullet points in no particular order.
  • Every "big name" I know in the space is avoiding AI content (even though much of the stuff that needs to be written regularly lends itself to repetitive drivel). I've heard from several contacts that their fear is that Google is doing their typical honey trap song and dance and that they will bring the hammer down later.
  • Someone I'm close to but haven't worked with in several years mentioned their difficulties in hiring writers who don't almost immediately try to pass off AI generated content as their own work. Another contact mentioned having to fire several writers over the past few months for repeatedly trying to after multiple warnings.
  • While I'm still under contract to write part-time, I've been transitioning away from writing and the online gambling space toward other things, but I keep getting offered work at pretty solid rates like every other week from people needing to replace writers who keep trying to pass AI content as their own (which I keep passing along to other people since I'm under a non-compete).
  • A woman I'm involved with lost a PR writing/editing/proofreading contract months ago to a company who thought they would replace her with AI tools. In the meantime, she transitioned into a different lane, but she has been offered her old position back with about a 15% raise because of the realization that it's not working out how they thought it would.
Overall, I don't think AI is going to be the massive problem for writers that was anticipated. Instead, I think the real issue facing writers is that young people can't don't read.

I think it's too broad to talk about AI content. There's obviously a difference between entering a keyword and getting a full article or feeding an AI sources (incl. images, data etc) and then having it summarize it or analyse it.

disciplines such as civil and mechanical engineering

It will be much more exciting when it's implemented into the health industry too. Preventative AI tools/medical devices that tell you what to do before you get sick or worse.. They already started doing this. I think that would be the greatest breakthrough.

It will be much more exciting when it's implemented into the health industry too. Preventative AI tools/medical devices that tell you what to do before you get sick or worse.. They already started doing this. I think that would be the greatest breakthrough.

For sure.

It's already in use and has solid scientific backing.

To begin with, I see it being used as a second opinion, doctor does their testing, writes their journal, decides on diagnosis and then gets opinion from AI.

The biggest challenge for doctors is probably in those 1/100 cases when it isn't something minor but some rare disease. I'm sure AI will be very helpful there, because it can remember everything, and just mentioning the possibility will probably help in avoiding cases where its overlooked.

And yeah, integrated AI with some sort of home blood/urine testing, like how that fraud company Theranos claimed to work. Imagine just giving a drop of blood once a week into a machine and it basically will catch everything going on.

I'm talking to your corpse, cause you're already dead...

Voice Cloning And AI Narrating

So now, for you people that don't want to be seen or heard, you can use voice clone technology against a script and get the audio. Then paste that into your videos and upload to YouTube, TikTok, Instagram or where: Elevenlabs - Voice Cloning

I found this when someone decided to use Thomas Shelby's voice to state some motivational quotes and was like, that actor never said those words.

Here is an example:

I'm talking to your corpse, cause you're already dead...

Voice Cloning And AI Narrating

So now, for you people that don't want to be seen or heard, you can use voice clone technology against a script and get the audio. Then paste that into your videos and upload to YouTube, TikTok, Instagram or where: Elevenlabs - Voice Cloning

I found this when someone decided to use Thomas Shelby's voice to state some motivational quotes and was like, that actor never said those words.

Here is an example:

I've been using ElevenLabs for almost a year, it really is amazing. I was recording my own voice and then found ElevenLabs. It saves so much time with recording, don't have to worry about messing up while recording, and even mixing.

All I do now is upload a few samples of my voice and then just type out what I want to say and it sounds identical to my voice. A process that takes an hour and more, now takes about 15 mins. Plus the packages they offer is super cheap, in my opinion.

Broadcasting live to the Netherrealm, cause you're already dead...

You thought Brandon was opening borders, now A.I. is taking opening borders to the next level. So now if you have a video you can get it translated to another language, with the A.I. adjusting your lips to make it mimic the words of the other language:

That will literally open up the world to brands. Any video you create, video tutorials or guides, you'll now be able to translate into different languages, allow you a broader audience. Bigger audiences better opportunity for more revenue.

To say this is nuts is an understatement.

This is huge.

So thinking about it all, let's say a writing agency operation, that just got clobbered by AI that now needs a new spin. They can offer newer services:

#1. they can offer translating capability of blog content with ChatGPT "Translate this into Spanish", and the output is great. So they now can offer translating services.

#2. They can take it to another level and turn blog posts into video or audio content with stuff like voice cloning from Elevenlabs. Imagine just doing a screen capture of what you are working on your computer, then having audio over it for instructions on how to get things done.

#3. They can become a "Content Agency" for real REAL now. They can create A.I. avatars with HeyGen, and have them create videos for companies - guides, posts, or whatever.

#4. They can also offer translation of current video into different languages for clients (again HeyGen).​

Writing agencies can now go into video and audio content fields, whereas before they were regulated to realm of just text.

A.I. clobbered the lazy, but the smart will be able to take these new tools and create a more immersive content experience, and now they can jump into social media content due to the translation to video.

The possibilities of what can be offered by previously "writing agencies" are now endless. Audio, text, and video are how we consume content on TV, Phones, Computers, and in the real world.

Obviously, don't forget to send me my 15% after taking my blueprint.

Using AI to create blog content probably not that great.

But AI can do much more than that -
So thinking about it all, let's say a writing agency operation, that just got clobbered by AI that now needs a new spin. They can offer newer services:

#1. they can offer translating capability of blog content with ChatGPT "Translate this into Spanish", and the output is great. So they now can offer translating services.​
#2. They can take it to another level and turn blog posts into video or audio content with stuff like voice cloning from Elevenlabs. Imagine just doing a screen capture of what you are working on your computer, then having audio over it for instructions on how to get things done.​
#3. They can become a "Content Agency" for real REAL now. They can create A.I. avatars with HeyGen, and have them create videos for companies - guides, posts, or whatever.​
#4. They can also offer translation of current video into different languages for clients (again HeyGen).​

Writing agencies can now go into video and audio content fields, whereas before they were regulated to realm of just text.

A.I. clobbered the lazy, but the smart will be able to take these new tools and create a more immersive content experience, and now they can jump into social media content due to the translation to video.

The possibilities of what can be offered by previously "writing agencies" are now endless. Audio, text, and video are how we consume content on TV, Phones, Computers, and in the real world.

Obviously, don't forget to send me my 15% after taking my blueprint.

Exactly this, don't just use AI to generate more junk text content - you can do plenty more.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ai-influencer-aitana-clueless-agency-tech-spain-2023-11

Using image generation and understanding the target demographic they created an Instagram influencer.

Funny enough I just played around with elevenlabs a bit this weekend and the wheels started turning. And now HeyGen...

Turning this niche site into a media company just got a whole hell of a lot easier.

The lowest hanging fruit for AI video content is 100% TikTok. I don't think I'd bother with YouTube unless you want to actually do YouTube because of the skills and nuances needed to excel on the platform (and they won't monetize AI content but TikTok will).

Alright here is me testing this. This is a french translation of our mobile video (without the screen capture):

Here is the original:

That's pretty impressive. They even got her voice perfect.

nkKfg4L.gif

Back