What's your take on AI generated content?

I'm sure it doesn't help either to blog about it publicly and in those journal entries talk about the links you're buying and who exactly you're buying them from. Because that's most definitely a penalty.
You're probably right, I'm not that familiar with the whole story and the links behind it.

Here's the one from the site this guy's copying:

3TBh5Ou.png

(My Groupbuy Russians finally took a defeat from Ahrefs, so Semrush here we are lol)

As for links, there were so many decent/good ones on the site, that it would have been really difficult to mess it up with some dirty linkbuying etc. The DR of the domain is 56 or so. But never know, might also have been links.

I remember looking at their content when they were at the top, I was thinking to myself "this article is not good enough by itself to rank #1, it must be domain authority & topical relevance pushing everything up".

I don't know why there are so many people saying AI content ranks and stuff.

This guys saying it works but, all the top ranking articles are human written.

Then there's this guy claiming it works but if you look at his site it's not ranking much lol despite being expired domain. And this guy claims websites that look like they have been made in 1990s convert better than fancier ones.

Like this dudes been claiming you can make a ton of money doing all these type of things in his channel yet all he mainly does is sell his courses for years now.

But at the same time I am also lost on how are people like matt diggity using AI and making 20k per month (he says that, traffic he gets is like 90k per month. He says near the end)

Many people are still just playing around with AI content, but the signs are terrifying if you work in this industry.

Just head over to r/freelancewriters on reddit, and you'll enter a world of pain. Many established writers, who write for print magazines, are losing clients left and right. New clients are almost impossible to get for even the best writers out there. Only ultra-specialized writers get new leads. A lot of writers are switching careers (a very good writer who I worked with is delivering food at DoorDash as I write this).

Simple blogs like "Top ways to use a shovel" (yes, this type of content really exists, and some webmasters ask for these topics), listicles, short snippets, and a vast sector of SEO content will be done by ChatGPT. Even though the quality may not be great, clients love the fact that AI content is CHEAP.

Webmasters have another major problem - What should I do? Should I save $5,000 per month and fire my writers, use AI content, and hope my articles rank? Or should I still spend money on writers? It's a tough choice for many.

Another horror story is unfolding in the graphic design/photo industry. MidJourney is wreaking havoc among graphic designers. And it's only the beginning.

If you're a writer, you just learn how to write with AI.

Pust button AI content can be anywhere from very good to complete trash.

I love AI. I’m still too scared to use it on my biggest money making sites, but I’m using it on all kinds of side projects and they are doing great. Using human writer, optimizing with surfer and have trained a team to do this for me. So far sooooooo good

The people claiming that AI content to rank are generally the same ones also promoting some sort of AI content generation tool...

I am no longer concerned one bit about AI content. I am very concerned by AI search results though.

I think there are a lot bigger concerns with A.I: IBM to stop hiring humans for 7,800 jobs that can be done by AI

IBM has been at the forefront of A.I. with Watson for a long time, if THEY are cutting jobs cause Ai can do it, what chances does a content writer have?

There is no going back, Ai in whatever form is here. Whatever path you are on or going make sure it cannot be easily replaced by AI. Think creative and critical thinking stuff.

@CCarter You'd love the analyses by Vincent Venture such as: Palantir Rising War In The Garden of Google

For the sake of everyone here, a war is being waged... will AI win in a way that is NOT good for all of us or will AI exist in such a way that won't be completely destructive to us?

In that regard, I do hope that palantir makes it through... Their stance is that AI should augment humans and not completely replace them.

I think there are a lot bigger concerns with A.I: IBM to stop hiring humans for 7,800 jobs that can be done by AI

IBM has been at the forefront of A.I. with Watson for a long time, if THEY are cutting jobs cause Ai can do it, what chances does a content writer have?

There is no going back, Ai in whatever form is here. Whatever path you are on or going make sure it cannot be easily replaced by AI. Think creative and critical thinking stuff.

Maybe it's just an excuse to get rid of all the unnecessary "A day in the life of" employees, now that Elon has shown they are completely disposable.

unnecessary "A day in the life of" employees

Yeah, problem is everyone is purging, fun time is over. They aren't reporting it but employees are getting slaughtered out there.

Think about it, if all the big guys, IBM, Microsoft, Facebook, Google are laying off workers in thousands, who is going to pick them up? At near the same salary rate? I don't think so.

Unicorns are actually getting down to numbers aka profits cause it's time to tighten the belt.

It's like the SEOs that stop posting after a Google update, they don't want to admit failure, they just fade to black.

The whole landscape is shifting beneath our feet as we talk. Fun time is over. The party is over and the hangover is setting in.

The whole landscape is shifting beneath our feet as we talk. Fun time is over. The party is over and the hangover is setting in.

I agree, everything is changing on a larger scale, because our current societal model is built on these midlevel edumacated non-tech tech jobs.

can confirm is literally impossible to rank if you use ai content

do not use it your server will explode and your dog will get herpes

stay away

Reactions: Boy
I only use AI for outlines and rephrasing stuff. Other than that, my articles are all hand written by me. Even though Google says AI content is fine, we all know Big G can be full of s**h at times

MidJourney is wreaking havoc among graphic designers. And it's only the beginning.

Midjourney is insane out of control, out of order really.

I typed in "Black Ferrari with gold rims" it outputted 4 variations:

vKM7wyo.png

Note: These Ferrari DO NOT EXIST.

jpcH2hp.png

Again there are no such models:

SHYJXNt.png

--

Some more tests:

Giant Female Warrior:
PKJz3pr.jpg

female apex predator warrior:
xsLuWx0.jpg

one variation:
lQTmFBA.png

another variation:
FpLeAFd.png

Variations upon previous variation:
no9WyDy.jpg

How about a Ferrari Spaceship:
RwWH4gi.png

Shaka Zulu re-imagined:
HuPjXFk.png

500 floor building of the future standing in New York City:
mVYYNe5.png

female Herald of the Cosmos with golden hair, wearing a red cloak while hovering in space, in the style of portrait photography, natural lighting:
4P6VdqM.png

Natalie Dormer as the Queen of Fire, in style of portrait photography, natural lighting --v 5.1:
e5WoclT.jpg

22 year old female police officer:
YSTXGQr.png

a 22 year old female police officer with long black hair standing on a suburban sidewalk, in the style of portrait photography, natural lighting, complimentary colors --ar 3:4 --chaos 25 --s 50 --v 5.1 --style raw:
xt9xT3x.jpg

an Argentinian girl with blue eyes as a princess, in style of portrait photography, natural lighting:
hyhnRQv.jpg

--

Now this is the crazy part, you can take photos/images from other sources and re-imagine them at different angles or with additional ideas.

You can even blend multiple photos into a singular entity.

And just for fun, let's throw in a Bugatti Spaceship:

BvfRrOB.jpg

--

Yeah, artist are Fuuucked. The more detail you give Midjourney the more realistic you can get. Yeah, A.I. isn't going away anytime soon.

At the very least SEOs no longer can complain they cannot source photos, they can now just imagine them into being.

Here is "a blender blending red tomatoes":

SxpA72C.jpg

Now here is "a blender blending blue tomatoes":
91hcBf9.jpg

You guys need to play around with it, the more details the better results.

Lets just say Ai is making the unemployment line really long... really long. Fuuuck mang.

When I first tried MidJourney I thought it being through Discord was going to be annoying, NOPE. It's actually a great interface for this. Fuuuuck mang. Fuuucked.

That's spectacular, but it has that uncanny valley feel to it, not convincing as photos yet.

I could see game art designers being very worried though. That's a good thing, since we need a lot more independent video games, that are still high quality in graphics.

not convincing as photos yet

You might be looking for perfection in the wrong places. I hired a team to do a photoshoot several weeks ago of some eCommerce products and the photos came out terrible. Then the photoshopping made things even worse. Had to hire another outside team cause it was way too bad. So perfection, never going to happen even with real photos.

But here is the main thing to remember, 95% of users will never notice the mistakes. Hell probably 99%. If it's real enough that's fine.

An use case scenario is selling condos that don't exist yet, they need rendering for the sales team to pre-sale them though. Simple query of "condo overlooking ocean":

FuzgHRs.jpg

The results are better than most renderings, and this was less than 1 minute of processing time:

jI2gIz9.png

1TPMcPK.png

db1RqlN.png

ggi4s7A.png

So now think about all those companies that render new buildings, apartments, condos, homes, interior designs. All gone, well at least 90% of their design staff. Support staff, gone.

If I can get these results in under 1 min, imagine if I took the time to make the query detailed and based off of previous work.

So it's not about making a perfect photo. We're really now in a situation you can create visual stories, graphic novels, and things that took lots of money to do in the past now within minutes. It's like what the iPhone did to videography. Will it be a Canon 4K level video? Probably not, but most people won't notice. Or they won't care.

And now think - if this is the technology right now, imagine 1-2 years from now the level of detail which will be able to be generated. Animation/video is next up.

And this hilarious version if beer commercial is already here, generated from Ai - imagine 1-2 years from now:

MidJourney is indeed mindblowing (or utterly gobsmacking, like a Brit would say it). It's progress in just ONE year is downright scary.
received-704018121734233.jpg

Here's just one year of progress.

I have a friend who runs a jewelry business, and switched to MidJourney for all layouts and model photos. This means both models and photographers don't have a job. She also switched to ChatGPT for all her gift cards, emails, notifications, special offers, and the copy on the website.

I guess we will see a lot of guys going into trades and food delivery...

Yeah, it is impressive for sure.

We're looking at the golden age of creativity potentially. If computers was the golden age of productivity, then AI will allow anyone with an ounce of creative ability to finally live out their ideas.

imagine 1-2 years from now
That's the part all the anti-AI voices aren't grasping.

This thread is now a bit more than one year old. The technology is improving like crazy and isn't slowing down. It's getting more accurate and faster on weaker machines.

Saw this a day ago: https://clipdrop.co/stable-diffusion-reimagine

Upload an image, and it can recreate a similar one based on the elements in the photo.

People will come out and say, "Wow, those other images look terrible; this is terrible software!" but this is version 0.01 (so to speak).

I'm thinking of wedding photos. Why spend a few hours going to 3 locations and spending thousands of dollars when you can take green screen photos dressed up, get unlimited variations in any number of locations, & put your spouse on the moon?

I guess we will see a lot of guys going into trades and food delivery...
Shit, we're gonna need a complete overhaul of society.

Only so many people can deliver food in a market. Going to have 100 people competing on 150 food orders.
Only so many trade jobs are available.
Only so much labor, period.

But, of course, no one believes their industry or profession will be impacted.

no one believes their industry or profession will be impacted.

People will adapt, or die. The good designers will learn to use these tools to enhance their abilities like when Photoshop came into the scene. The people that can't keep up will fadd to black.

And now think - if this is the technology right now, imagine 1-2 years from now the level of detail which will be able to be generated. Animation/video is next up.

The beauty of this is animation and video is already here. Yeah it's not as detailed as what MidJourney is today but I can easily make a youtube video with some of the AI video tools out there. If you don't want to show your face you can easily make videos without stock footage sites. It's only going to get easier within the next year.

I think more people, including artists, will start building their own businesses now that AI can be used to outsource almost anything cheaply from making ads, models for clothes and products, to writing copy. Experts can focus and market what they are good at and let AI do the rest. Successful ones may start competing with bigger corps now that they do not need a massive team to enter the game.

AI is good for building a business but not for staying at a traditional job. There is no reason to hire people when you can do it yourself.

I think more people, including artists, will start building their own businesses now that AI can be used to outsource almost anything cheaply from making ads, models for clothes and products, to writing copy. Experts can focus and market what they are good at and let AI do the rest. Successful ones may start competing with bigger corps now that they do not need a massive team to enter the game.

AI is good for building a business but not for staying at a traditional job. There is no reason to hire people when you can do it yourself.

I agree.

In my dreams, I see AI pricing out all the "what exactly is it you do here" people that have really had a golden age in the last 10 years of big tech.

All the middle men, platforms and agencies that make it really expensive to get basic shit done.

Bad time for shovel sellers, good time for gold diggers.

Those midjourney pictures are really impressive. I was wondering if they did an AI based so that you would just throw in like let's say some data, like "Amazon sold 120,300 units out of 200,000 which was a total of 56% of their market percent." and then it just spits out like a cool graph.

Or someway to like "read the entire article, and give me an infographic which I can include in the first 200-400 words of it to really hook the reader visually".

Back