What's your take on AI generated content?

This one is not there yet, the delays as an onlooker are obvious, but may not be obvious to normal people. Give it a year or so and this could be another situation where A.I. takes jobs, literally from call centers:

The only problem is, I don't pick up my phone for unknown numbers. A majority of people under 50 years old don't. Unless they are waiting on a phone call, it usually goes straight to voicemail BECAUSE of all the unsolicited phone calls we got in the past.

Outbound calls are a dying art. Now if it was a call they were expecting from Tesla, that's a different story.

Last edited:
This one is not there yet, the delays as onlooker are obvious, but may not be obvious to normal people. Give it a year or so and this could be another situation where A.I. takes jobs, literally from call centers:

The only problem is, I don't pick up my phone for unknown numbers. A majority of people under 50 years old don't. Unless they are waiting on a phone call, it usually goes straight to voicemail BECAUSE of all the unsolicited phone calls we got in the past.

Outbound calls are a dying art. Now if it was a call they were expecting from Tesla, that's a different story.

This is a major application of it that is going to be huge IMO - the best part is it's something that if you do great 90% of the time and completely screw up 10% of the time that can be an amazing result vs many tasks you cannot mess up like that.

It will not be long before AI can perform at the level of a top call center rep/salesperson - learn how to sell new products incredibly quickly and work 24/7 for cheap.

Imagine a central AI controlling the process where it takes in a lead with age/gender/location and customizes the voice/sales method to that person all the while saving the data from every call and improving.

This one is not there yet, the delays as an onlooker are obvious, but may not be obvious to normal people. Give it a year or so and this could be another situation where A.I. takes jobs, literally from call centers:

They don't have to call you now.

There are apps that allow you to call someone, but it goes instantly to voice mail and many times the phone doesn't even ring.

You just get a notification that you have an unread/unlistened voice mail. Now, many of us will just listen or read the transcript, effectively making this just like, or better than, cold email marketing.

However, for those agencies that will be calling, a lot of them are just going to use this for warm calling, like a high ticket coaching offer you maybe watched a webinar on and are interested in, but havent pulled the trigger yet.

^^ that example is going to get crushed by this

There are apps that allow you to call someone, but it goes instantly to voice mail and many times the phone doesn't even ring.

You don't even need an app on iPhone, it's a part of the default settings now:

lzamR5a.jpg

Everything goes straight to voicemail unless I know you. Turned that on for peace...

Ah yes, the tweet from a random Twitch streamer with no source to back it up. From June. Very substantiated. Please reference my profile picture for my reaction.
Model collapse was a problem back in June too.

I remember reading somewhere that Google recently announced that it can detect and penalize GPT-3 type content quite easily

Just, don't make standard prompt to chatgpt, elaborate more, like a merging few questions, plus fact check, or add into and conclusion... there are plenty options to explore

Well here we go:

Billy Strings, a prominent music artist, getting some backlash for merch designs that people are calling AI art. He posted a video talking about it, saying he feels like he got ripped off, if the art is truly AI. Raises some questions in general about how comfortable people may or may not be with AI and its growing presence in our world. Especially considering some of the artists making comments and Billy replying about how he wants to work with real artists.

It brings to question the ethics of using AI when you are someone with public influence, as it could be taking money from a real human artist who genuinely supports your platform. Overall it feels like a warning sign for the potential loss of human collaboration through the rise of AI, or the importance of maintaining those relationships as the tech continues to advance.

The merchandise in question:

Billy Strings, a prominent music artist, getting some backlash for merch designs that people are calling AI art. He posted a video talking about it, saying he feels like he got ripped off, if the art is truly AI. Raises some questions in general about how comfortable people may or may not be with AI and its growing presence in our world. Especially considering some of the artists making comments and Billy replying about how he wants to work with real artists.

It brings to question the ethics of using AI when you are someone with public influence, as it could be taking money from a real human artist who genuinely supports your platform. Overall it feels like a warning sign for the potential loss of human collaboration through the rise of AI, or the importance of maintaining those relationships as the tech continues to advance.

The merchandise in question:

One of those nerd types needs to make an AI image generator wrapper and name it "a real human artist," so Billy Boy is in the clear.

From text to video. Look at where we were before and look where we are after from will smith eating spaghetti to currently. That's just 1 year. (Watch the video he shows examples which is pretty insane...

What Google says;

Scaled content abuse​

Scaled content abuse is when many pages are generated for the primary purpose of manipulating search rankings and not helping users. This abusive practice is typically focused on creating large amounts of unoriginal content that provides little to no value to users, no matter how it's created.

Examples of scaled content abuse include, but are not limited to:

• Using generative AI tools or other similar tools to generate many pages without adding value for users
  • Scraping feeds, search results, or other content to generate many pages (including through automated transformations like synonymizing, translating, or other obfuscation techniques), where little value is provided to users
  • Stitching or combining content from different web pages without adding value
  • Creating multiple sites with the intent of hiding the scaled nature of the content
  • Creating many pages where the content makes little or no sense to a reader but contains search keywords

If you're hosting such content on your site, exclude it from Search.
https://developers.google.com/search/docs/essentials/spam-policies#scaled-content

• Using generative AI tools or other similar tools to generate many pages without adding value for users
  • Scraping feeds, search results, or other content to generate many pages (including through automated transformations like synonymizing, translating, or other obfuscation techniques), where little value is provided to users
  • Stitching or combining content from different web pages without adding value
  • Creating multiple sites with the intent of hiding the scaled nature of the content
  • Creating many pages where the content makes little or no sense to a reader but contains search keywords

"I have been thinking: How does Google discern the original content that people have spun from? Or do they only prioritize high-authority sites content and brand the content as "main" content?

@Zoro Google partners with the major AI companies.

They also have the smart people working on search.

AI is a tool, not a solution

Should be used to assist, not guide. There's definitely value in using AI to enhance content, but it shouldn't be used for cutting corners.

I think @CCarter originally shared HeyGen a few weeks ago... I've been thinking about this tool a lot since then... it (almost) seems too good to be true.

Here's my question:

If someone is already doing video content, what would be the downside of using a tool like HeyGen to automatically churn out separate language channels that make sense for their target audience?

For example, if a creator is making a channel about air purifiers for dogs in English why wouldn't they use Hey Gen to make a separate channel in German, Spanish, French, etc.?

Is a massive YouTube crackdown on ai-translated content just around the corner?

Is a massive YouTube crackdown on ai-translated content just around the corner?
You can also use it on other social media platforms, so flood TikTok, Twitter, IG, Facebook, etc with the translated version.

As long as you are using it to help your audience I WANT TO BELIEVE YouTube will be fine. If you are a Brand like Apple and they have separate channels for different languages what would be the downside unless it's just spam.

Remember you still have to create the original video too. But the potential is endless, and the pricing from Free to $100 for their credit system - is decent. Ontop though, the translator is still in their "Lab" and for free you are pushed to the back of the queue, so paid accounts get sent the front.

Their software still has to process these videos through a queue, so I don't foresee a spammer pushing 1,000s of videos through - on-top where would they get the original content? That still has to be created. But we're here now so...

I WANT TO BELIEVE YouTube will be fine.
Same.

Plus it's essentially the same service that Mr. Beast was/is building in-house and offering to other large creators... direct translation of existing content. I can't see why it wouldn't work.

you still have to create the original video too
Right. But if you are already creating original content on YouTube that lends itself to people in other markets/languages...?

The only thing that confuses/worries me is that other creators aren't taking advantage of this... why and how are they not taking advantage of this!? WHAT am I missing!?

The whole process would require hiring one person to download your original content, put it through HeyGen, upload it to a separate language channel, and translate the description.

You could have the same guy running multiple channels for you... or one guy that is native in each language running each channel, responding to comments, and running social media in that particular language... max this would cost you a couple of grand a month, and that's if it's 100% outsourced.

This just seems like a complete no-brainer... and my guess is it would have greater sticking power/less competition than translated SEO content as well.

for free you are pushed to the back of the queue
Perfect.

Another barrier to entry that strengthens the opportunity for anyone willing to throw money at it when the "throw shit at the wall" crowd would rather spin up 5,000-page topical maps with Python... plus most of those guys aren't creating valuable YouTube content for their audiences.

Yes, I can see how cold calls to regular folks (B2C) aren't doing too well now. My mom won't even answer if she doesn't know who's calling. She's terrified of the scammers. But it's not the same for business calls (B2B). When I call businesses, someone usually picks up. They want to pick up the phone.

giphy.gif

WHAT am I missing!?
It so new, that hardly anyone knows you can do it yet. When I talked about it they had just launched it within that week. You're over thinking it IMO.

This one is not there yet, the delays as an onlooker are obvious, but may not be obvious to normal people. Give it a year or so and this could be another situation where A.I. takes jobs, literally from call centers.
These AI calls might actually get you into trouble now. Granted, I haven't done much research about it.

FCC Makes AI-Generated Voices in Robocalls Illegal​

Released On: Feb 8, 2024
Issued On: Feb 8, 2024

Description

The FCC announced the unanimous adoption of a Declaratory Ruling that recognizes calls made with AI-generated voices are "artificial" under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).

https://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-makes-ai-generated-voices-robocalls-illegal

The FCC says AI voices in robocalls are illegal​

The FCC's ruling deemed calls made with AI-generated voices "artificial" under a 1991 federal law aimed at curbing junk calls.

It means the FCC can fine violators and block the telephone companies that carry the calls. In addition, the ruling lets victims sue robocallers that use AI, and gives state attorneys general additional tools to prosecute bad actors.

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/08/1230052884/the-fcc-says-ai-voices-in-robocalls-are-illegal

These AI calls might actually get you into trouble now. Granted, I haven't done much research about it.
Voice Cloning is also going through the gauntlet: The FTC Voice Cloning Challenge

Voice cloning technology is becoming increasing sophisticated due to improving text-to-speech AI. The technology offers promise, including medical assistance for people who may have lost their voices due to accident or illness. It also poses significant risk: families and small businesses can be targeted with fraudulent extortion scams; creative professionals, such as voice artists, can have their voices appropriated in ways that threaten their livelihoods and deceive the public.

I doubt scammers located in 3rd world countries are going to care, so when this technology becomes more prevalent, expect "family members" calling you and asking you to send them your text verification code. It's going to get ugly.

The assertion that these robots will cost less than slave labor is admirable but mistaken.

Back