Unethical Marketing Tips [ Continually Updated ]

Not sure if you'd categorise this as unethical, I suppose it depends on your definiton of ethical, but the idea is fairly simple, you go to facebook search for your keywword/keywords sort the results to groups, then open the groups and go to their members section, members are listed by newest members first then click on each individual member and message them about your site/product/social media pages or groups, ofcourse there is the risk of getting slaped acros the wrists for "spamming" however if you construct your message carefully it shouldn't be a problem after all they have already shown an interesst in the topic.
Something that is within the same realm of this that people do is operate their personal Facebook profile like a "social media" profile.

They go to groups as you have described, but they add group members as friends. Then, they publish posts to their profile- not a page. This is done because personal profiles tend to have a better reach % than pages, etc. Eventually, once a friend list has been built, you can turn off people's ability to add you as a friend, and only give them the ability to "follow" your profile.

People used to do this back in the day all the time with fake girl profiles to promote YouTube videos, though I'm not sure if you need to verify your identity, etc. nowadays to create a Facebook account.

They go to groups as you have described, but they add group members as friends. Then, they publish posts to their profile- not a page. This is done because personal profiles tend to have a better reach % than pages, etc. Eventually, once a friend list has been built, you can turn off people's ability to add you as a friend, and only give them the ability to "follow" your profile.
Yeah that is true, and it can work pretty well both of those techniques.

People used to do this back in the day all the time with fake girl profiles to promote YouTube videos, though I'm not sure if you need to verify your identity, etc. nowadays to create a Facebook account.
Yeah I remember that, I think you can still create facebook accounts without veryfing them, but I'n not entirely sure since it's been years since I've last created a facebook profile, even if you have to veryfy it there is an easy workaround on that.

Alright guys - I'm going to give you my unethical marketing technique for manipulating small-medium sized subreddits.

If you want posts to succeed in a certain subreddit, make a few brand new profiles and engage sporadically with content within that subreddit. A few months later, take your niche piece of content and post it in that subreddit as a very subtle advertisement.

Example:
Title: If you're serious about getting fit, YouTube (Insert Name Here), no filler crap, no lies, just straight to the point facts coming from someone who does it every single day. Most underrated fitness YouTuber in the space IMO.

Now, use your child accounts that you made appear to be real users of the subreddit and boost up the post a little. You just need a couple of accounts to do this and you won't set off the detection Reddit has built-in if you are only using a couple. Leave a comment saying something like: 'I checked him out just now, not bad. Could definitely use some improvement, but really good facts. Thanks for sharing'.

You can also ask some friends to hop on and boost the post with a couple upvotes.

Once you get that beginning traffic, the herd mentality from people reading the posts comes into play and they start upvoting it on their own.

Kind of funny how it works, but I've driven traffic to a lot of my stuff using this method and have some of my posts sitting at the highest upvoted of all time.

Continuation of 6. Don't target poor people, target areas locally is extremely easy with USPS now-a-days, let's take a look at this graph of income levels by zip code once again:

XcXZSKU.jpg

I talk about EDDM in Day 19 - Offline Marketing inside the DSCC. How easy is it? Go to https://eddm.usps.com/eddm/customer/routeSearch.action and find out for yourself:

Let's type in 33109 zip code, and we get the following costs to send out mail pieces:

xih8Rmj.png

For $145.73 I can drop mail to 759 addresses where the average gross income for residence is the highest in the country, at over $2.2 millions. Do you know how insanely targeted that is? For only $145.73.

Let's look at the 2nd highest grossing zip code, 94027:

Ao5vbgw.png

There are approximately 2588 addresses where the residences have on average $1.3 million in household income, you can hit them all for $496.90.

--

Getting to the target audience is never the hard part. It's your messaging, copywriting, that makes the difference.

Zv9OFdi.gif

New. Trolling.

Interesting times... On Women's Day - apparently today, BurgerKingUK launches a tweet that will literally turn the course of the internet:

yCt4WG4.png

Direct link:
A4PUv4E.gif

There is a follow up, but I think they've mastered trolling twitter. They've realized that they are gaining a ton of attention and purposely creating bad press cause I assume they realize they probably aren't going to lose a single customers after all this. This is classic Polarizing Content From the Traffic Leak bootcamp.

To take the usually positive attention of "Womens Day" and turn it on it's head for eyeballs, we are entering a level of trolling which I'm going to call Post-Modern-Backlash. Whoever is running BKUK's social media and marketing has balls of steel.

After this I have a feeling more brands will use the twitter mob to their advantage simply for the eyeballs, since the long-term consequences of "everyone being offend about everything" seem to have evaporated.

It might backfire, but I doubt it, I really do think we are in the Post-Modern-Backlash era.

People are going to get looser and looser in what they say to ride the outrage. Eventually someone is going to go overboard, but the overall consequences seem to have really be lowered. Interesting times for the trolls.

More read: Identifying Trolls

It might backfire, but I doubt it, I really do think we are in the Post-Modern-Backlash era.
I really don't see it backfiring in any way, and even if it does then they have their backs cleared with their comments/responds.

The thing with theese kinds of "stunts" really is getting the timing right, and make sure that you back is covered before it backfires.
And then once your back is covered, make it "backfire" by "trolling" the posts with the profile of a female who gets offended by the initial tweet and then lets all of hell lose on burgerking, pretending not to understand or see the entire context.

Idk if this belongs here but, here's a semi-okay one. So, I noticed some people here who talked about how they had success on their website and they didn't build backlinks. One of the things they said was: "I naturally got links from" some authoritative site. And I don't know somewhere people said how make sure you website looks good and stuff so a journalist would trust your site and cite it in big authority websites.

(I thought of this one myself btw)
OK so, if this is the case. What if you fake authority? Meaning you add in "Featured In" take logos of top companies in your niche and put it in your about us, homepage, and footer. So, this will make any reporter or someone who comes to your site more likely to backlink to you. (I am already doing this, once I start getting good traffic, I should technically get more authoritative links)

If you get caught, just be like "oh my bad, our web designer forget to remove the template image". However, no one will really notice if you lied or not in this case.

OK so, if this is the case. What if you fake authority? Meaning you add in "Featured In" take logos of top companies in your niche and put it in your about us, homepage, and footer. So, this will make any reporter or someone who comes to your site more likely to backlink to you. (I am already doing this, once I start getting good traffic, I should technically get more authoritative links)
Another way of doing this, and easily get around any legal issues, is to spend a littlee bit of money on ads, on the sites you wish to refference, and then instead of "Featured in" you say "as seen on/in"

Obviously that would only work if the sites runs ads but there is a good likelyhood of that.

Back