Unethical Marketing Tips [ Continually Updated ]

Not sure if you'd categorise this as unethical, I suppose it depends on your definiton of ethical, but the idea is fairly simple, you go to facebook search for your keywword/keywords sort the results to groups, then open the groups and go to their members section, members are listed by newest members first then click on each individual member and message them about your site/product/social media pages or groups, ofcourse there is the risk of getting slaped acros the wrists for "spamming" however if you construct your message carefully it shouldn't be a problem after all they have already shown an interesst in the topic.
Something that is within the same realm of this that people do is operate their personal Facebook profile like a "social media" profile.

They go to groups as you have described, but they add group members as friends. Then, they publish posts to their profile- not a page. This is done because personal profiles tend to have a better reach % than pages, etc. Eventually, once a friend list has been built, you can turn off people's ability to add you as a friend, and only give them the ability to "follow" your profile.

People used to do this back in the day all the time with fake girl profiles to promote YouTube videos, though I'm not sure if you need to verify your identity, etc. nowadays to create a Facebook account.

They go to groups as you have described, but they add group members as friends. Then, they publish posts to their profile- not a page. This is done because personal profiles tend to have a better reach % than pages, etc. Eventually, once a friend list has been built, you can turn off people's ability to add you as a friend, and only give them the ability to "follow" your profile.
Yeah that is true, and it can work pretty well both of those techniques.

People used to do this back in the day all the time with fake girl profiles to promote YouTube videos, though I'm not sure if you need to verify your identity, etc. nowadays to create a Facebook account.
Yeah I remember that, I think you can still create facebook accounts without veryfing them, but I'n not entirely sure since it's been years since I've last created a facebook profile, even if you have to veryfy it there is an easy workaround on that.

Alright guys - I'm going to give you my unethical marketing technique for manipulating small-medium sized subreddits.

If you want posts to succeed in a certain subreddit, make a few brand new profiles and engage sporadically with content within that subreddit. A few months later, take your niche piece of content and post it in that subreddit as a very subtle advertisement.

Example:
Title: If you're serious about getting fit, YouTube (Insert Name Here), no filler crap, no lies, just straight to the point facts coming from someone who does it every single day. Most underrated fitness YouTuber in the space IMO.

Now, use your child accounts that you made appear to be real users of the subreddit and boost up the post a little. You just need a couple of accounts to do this and you won't set off the detection Reddit has built-in if you are only using a couple. Leave a comment saying something like: 'I checked him out just now, not bad. Could definitely use some improvement, but really good facts. Thanks for sharing'.

You can also ask some friends to hop on and boost the post with a couple upvotes.

Once you get that beginning traffic, the herd mentality from people reading the posts comes into play and they start upvoting it on their own.

Kind of funny how it works, but I've driven traffic to a lot of my stuff using this method and have some of my posts sitting at the highest upvoted of all time.