Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

When would you consider to have a significant enough sample size to evaluate the conversion rate of an affiliate program? After sending 100 clicks, 1000 clicks

Depends on the clicks, and the funnel/quality. I.e. if you run a proven landing page/funnel and proven ads, maybe 100 clicks (~20 to offer from prelander). Something like 5x{variation_count}x{offer_payout}, then adjust depending if it's a proven angle, and how confident you want to be.

Context: I'm buying a sponsored post.
- If the link points to the homepage, will it help all content rank (a bit) higher? Or just the homepage?
- If the link points to one of the blog categories, will it only help posts in this category to rank higher? Not also the homepage and/or other categories?
- If the link is to one specific post, will it only help this specific post rank higher? Not also the category in which it's posted and/or other posts that are linked in this specific post?

For better or worse (most likely worse) I’ve decided to neglect social media thus far for my blog. I want to start utilizing social media but I have some questions:
  1. Whenever you post an article to your site, do you also post it across your social media channels? This essentially counts as a backlink/social signal (albeit one that isn’t as powerful), correct? I figure posting 3+ times a day on each of your social accounts could really snowball down the line.
  2. How do you engage on social media? I’m guessing it’s not as easy as copy and pasting your link (to get the backlink/social signal), or is it?
  3. Any other tips/advice on getting the most out of social media?

Yo honestly guys, is there any business model other than creating niche/affiliate sites? It's taking a long time for SEO to rank and stuff. Is there any other businesses you guys suggest if you have like 1k or so to invest?? Anything I can do on the side to make money instead of writing content then waiting on 12 months for rankings to improve and stuff?

Also question regarding niche/affiliate sites, how many articles do you guys think one can create to make around 5-10k per month?

Yo honestly guys, is there any business model other than creating niche/affiliate sites? It's taking a long time for SEO to rank and stuff. Is there any other businesses you guys suggest if you have like 1k or so to invest?? Anything I can do on the side to make money instead of writing content then waiting on 12 months for rankings to improve and stuff?

Also question regarding niche/affiliate sites, how many articles do you guys think one can create to make around 5-10k per month?
Video content, pay per click advertising, e-commerce store, fulfillment by Amazon shop, pay per call, pay per view, courses, software as a service, subscription paywalls, products and services, coaching, social media marketing, building an agency… the list goes on and on.

To your other question, “how long is a piece of string?” There’s a lot of missing info to give you an accurate answer. I’ve done it multiple times with 150 posts, but I’m also good with keyword research and link building and on-page. Some might get into that revenue range with less posts and some with a lot more.

If you want to do it with less you have to tighten up every other part of the publishing process including what happens after you press the publish button.

Is there any other businesses you guys suggest if you have like 1k or so to invest?

5uW7zJp.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWlTn90LIsj/

1. Find a refurbished vending machine that can accept credit cards.
2. Find a location and negotiation for placement.
3. Fill up the vending machine.
4. Profit.

Doing business is not hard, just copy what the fuck other people in the industry are doing. At least the vending machine route is a proven business model, it has a lot less moving parts - so to speak.

Until you realize every business potential is going to require hard-work and there are no shortcuts your not going to make it, online or offline.

Video content, pay per click advertising, e-commerce store, fulfillment by Amazon shop, pay per call, pay per view, courses, software as a service, subscription paywalls, products and services, coaching, social media marketing, building an agency… the list goes on and on.

To your other question, “how long is a piece of string?” There’s a lot of missing info to give you an accurate answer. I’ve done it multiple times with 150 posts, but I’m also good with keyword research and link building and on-page. Some might get into that revenue range with less posts and some with a lot more.

If you want to do it with less you have to tighten up every other part of the publishing process including what happens after you press the publish button.
I mean there is a ton but what do you recommend for someone with time but low money, and low experience. Idk which one would get me to 5-10k per month goal the fastest?

I do own plenty of niche sites though. Is there a dumbass proof way to make 5-10k per month from niche sites assuming you produced X articles? Is it smart or dumb for me to go with another business now? Also, would you suggest just writing like 200+ articles all low comp keywords?

October I wrote about like 50 or a lil more articles, nov I think it was 50 maybe a little less. But I don't know if it's going move the needle or not. I am wondering if you guys think it's wise to publish like 50 articles on a couple of sites and see which one gets the most traffic and money then go on from there?

My client supplies and fits heavy duty industrial equipment in factories/warehouses etc. A new client is a Charitable Trust and has a website with a DA50+ and huge trust flow etc because of who it is..

We are writing a page on "our" website about the project as it will be good publicity for us and they will do a post on their site as well.

They are happy to give a "Do Follow" link to us.

We have two options; a link to our "project page" or a link to our "home" page.

My Question.

Which, in your opinion, would benefit our site the most?

1. Find a refurbished vending machine that can accept credit cards.
2. Find a location and negotiation for placement.
3. Fill up the vending machine.
4. Profit.

Doing business is not hard, just copy what the fuck other people in the industry are doing. At least the vending machine route is a proven business model, it has a lot less moving parts - so to speak.

Until you realize every business potential is going to require hard-work and there are no shortcuts your not going to make it, online or offline.

I legit want to buy a laundromat.

I mean there is a ton but what do you recommend for someone with time but low money, and low experience. Idk which one would get me to 5-10k per month goal the fastest?

I do own plenty of niche sites though. Is there a dumbass proof way to make 5-10k per month from niche sites assuming you produced X articles? Is it smart or dumb for me to go with another business now? Also, would you suggest just writing like 200+ articles all low comp keywords?

October I wrote about like 50 or a lil more articles, nov I think it was 50 maybe a little less. But I don't know if it's going move the needle or not. I am wondering if you guys think it's wise to publish like 50 articles on a couple of sites and see which one gets the most traffic and money then go on from there?
No matter what you choose to do, it will take longer than you think it will to achieve your desired results. This is why it's important to enjoy (or systematize) what you do.

I go off the rails occasionally and wonder why my website isn't doing as well as I thought it would at this point, but all I need to do to get myself back on the tracks is sign in on Upwork and look at the alternative (bad clients, low earnings, etc.).

Regarding your question(s) related to content output and earnings, there's no answer that someone will be able to give you that you'll like. Some websites have 50 articles and earn 10K a month, whereas others have 210 articles and earn $60 a month. There are no guarantees, but the more content you create, the higher your odds will be of achieving some form of success.

Also, if you mean you wrote 50 articles in October and close to 50 in November, I think you need to learn more about how the organic SEO process works. Age plays a big role- especially for new websites. If you want to get traffic faster, you need to do what @CCarter recommends often and learn the art of traffic leaking. Backlinks matter too, by the way.

You need to make a definitive choice as to what path you want to pursue based on your goals and skills. Freelancing/agency work often leads to revenue the fastest, but you trade freedom for the faster revenue. Building an SEO-focused website presents the opportunity to have more freedom, but it takes time and there's no guarantee that every post you write won't flop (good keyword selection can help increase the odds of success, however).

Guys, do you think ezoic is halting the progress of my site due to the decrease in pagespeed? I have been posting 30 articles per month since June, I now have a total of 200+ articles on my site and my pageviews are stuck at 9k+ pageviews per month.

Before putting ezoic on my site my traffic is doubling every month. What would you guys do? Do you think I should remove ezoic for now?

Guys, do you think ezoic is halting the progress of my site due to the decrease in pagespeed? I have been posting 30 articles per month since June, I now have a total of 200+ articles on my site and my pageviews are stuck at 9k+ pageviews per month.

Before putting ezoic on my site my traffic is doubling every month. What would you guys do? Do you think I should remove ezoic for now?
I would remove Ezoic, keep publishing, get to 50k sessions in 30 days, and apply to Mediavine

I want to build websites that drive traffic through SEO and monetize with ads.

My understanding is that a VPS for web hosting would be the preferred option, but I don't know much about what I'm doing and really just want to get some stuff up and get some experience. Will I be hamstringing myself long-term if I go with something like a GoDaddy deluxe shared hosting for now with the understanding that I can migrate my sites(s) over at a later time if I'm able to figure this stuff out?

When Google reads my content do they "wait" for it to completely load? I have this tool that generates some important parts of what my content is trying to say. How would I know if Google is able to read that part of my content?

Guys, do you think ezoic is halting the progress of my site due to the decrease in pagespeed?
No, I don't think the hit to page speed is enough to halt your growth entirely. Pagespeed matters but it's not that big of a factor that your new posts wouldn't rank enough to start adding more traffic. I have a friend who's been growing a new site with Ezoic:

UoxGxq9.png

Been on Ezoic for a while and growing. I'd look elsewhere at what your issues could be. Maybe take a peek through the many points on the SEO Kitchen Sink thread.

Will I be hamstringing myself long-term if I go with something like a GoDaddy deluxe shared hosting for now with the understanding that I can migrate my sites(s) over at a later time if I'm able to figure this stuff out?
No. Many people make gobs of money on shared hosting. It matters most when you start getting enough traffic that you run out of RAM and can't serve the page views. At the start it's fine. I wouldn't use GoDaddy though. I'd look at Knownhost shared hosting or really anyone other than a registar or anyone owned by EIG hosting. They buy companies and tank the quality and service quickly and make up for it with higher advertising budgets.

When Google reads my content do they "wait" for it to completely load? I have this tool that generates some important parts of what my content is trying to say. How would I know if Google is able to read that part of my content?
No, they can read your content simply by loading the source code. However, they do render pages, but my understanding is this isn't always done at first. I'd recommend not hiding important content behind Javascript if you can get away with it. Some stuff you can't avoid doing that with, but it's better in my opinion to have content in the source code and hidden with CSS and then unveiled with JS if that's how you must do it.

But also, it's not a giant deal. They will eventually render your content. There are plenty of sites that are completely created with Javascript that do fine. Google may just not be as responsive to changes you make when that's the case.

No. Many people make gobs of money on shared hosting. It matters most when you start getting enough traffic that you run out of RAM and can't serve the page views. At the start it's fine. I wouldn't use GoDaddy though. I'd look at Knownhost shared hosting or really anyone other than a registar or anyone owned by EIG hosting. They buy companies and tank the quality and service quickly and make up for it with higher advertising budgets.
Okay cool, I appreciate the help. I'll check out Knownhost and get stuff set up with my domain and getting WP installed this evening.

Yo I have an interlinking question.

Let's say I am talking about "What are some swiss chocolates (20 different kinds)"
Then I talk about A certain kind of swiss chocolate. In the bottom I have:
"Related Articles"
- Swiss Chocolate A
^ can I add like 15-20 different chocolate types basically interlinking them? Would this hurt my SEO negatively if it's the EXACT title of the posts? And I know this example isn't that good because you might only be interested in 1 chocolate but, what if the end-user was curious and wanted to check out my other posts on certain chocolate type.

I noticed my competitors only providing like 3-5 of this.

Yo I have an interlinking question.

Let's say I am talking about "What are some swiss chocolates (20 different kinds)"
Then I talk about A certain kind of swiss chocolate. In the bottom I have:
"Related Articles"
- Swiss Chocolate A
^ can I add like 15-20 different chocolate types basically interlinking them? Would this hurt my SEO negatively if it's the EXACT title of the posts? And I know this example isn't that good because you might only be interested in 1 chocolate but, what if the end-user was curious and wanted to check out my other posts on certain chocolate type.

I noticed my competitors only providing like 3-5 of this.
I would do it like this:

H1 : What are some swiss chocolates (20 different kinds)
—H2 : Swiss chocolate #1
> Link to a more detailed post concerning "Swiss chocolate #1"
—H2 : Swiss chocolate #2
> Link to a more detailed post concerning "Swiss chocolate #2"

At the bottom of the post, you could add links to other listicles : What are some swiss wines (12 kinds), What are some swiss beers (X kinds), etc.

I would do it like this:

H1 : What are some swiss chocolates (20 different kinds)
—H2 : Swiss chocolate #1
> Link to a more detailed post concerning "Swiss chocolate #1"
—H2 : Swiss chocolate #2
> Link to a more detailed post concerning "Swiss chocolate #2"

At the bottom of the post, you could add links to other listicles : What are some swiss wines (12 kinds), What are some swiss beers (X kinds), etc.
I have an article like that but mine is like that. Let me give another example. Let's say I have an article on Are you a virgo? (Assume it's based on traits not birth month) In the bottom I list out all the other zodiac signs. Will it hurt SEO??

Also, a different question separate from this, let's say I were to create 5 main HUGE resources on a site that sell pretty hardcore and have tons of affiliate links. But, then I create other info articles which are much shorter and stuff linking to those main huge articles and have no ads on the shorter articles and not even affiliate links. Is this a bad idea in terms revenue? Is it possible to make decent money doing it this sort of way??

In the bottom I list out all the other zodiac signs. Will it hurt SEO??
Have you stopped to ask why you think this will hurt your SEO? You aren't explaining to us why you think it will hurt. It won't hurt. Linking to relevant content is a good thing.

Is this a bad idea in terms revenue? Is it possible to make decent money doing it this sort of way??
It won't hurt your revenue but you'll increase your expenses without increasing your revenue, unless the main guides improve since you linked to them from relevant content. What you may be surprised with is that these supporting articles gain enough traffic to warrant being monetized themselves. There's no reason not to. It won't hurt your revenue but you'll be leaving money on the table. They'll "support" the main guides all the same. Might as well let them earn their keep, too.

How important is it for pagespeed insights to be at 90 or above? My current page speed is around 96/97 mobile and 99/100 desktop. If I add in display ads (adsense), it tanks my page speed to mid 70s for mobile and low/mid 90s for desktop.

I tried using Ezoic briefly as I understand it's better than adsense, but it thrashed my page speed into the mid 50s mobile / 70s for desktop and my google discover traffic disappeared almost overnight. I know ads are going to slow things down, but can anything be done to minimize the impact? I'm using cloudflare/caching/image optimization to help with page speed. The third party blocking code (all google related), seems to be the main issue.

Hi all.
What can you recommend fast themes for Wordpress from free?
Thanks!

How important is it for pagespeed insights to be at 90 or above? My current page speed is around 96/97 mobile and 99/100 desktop. If I add in display ads (adsense), it tanks my page speed to mid 70s for mobile and low/mid 90s for desktop.

I tried using Ezoic briefly as I understand it's better than adsense, but it thrashed my page speed into the mid 50s mobile / 70s for desktop and my google discover traffic disappeared almost overnight. I know ads are going to slow things down, but can anything be done to minimize the impact? I'm using cloudflare/caching/image optimization to help with page speed. The third party blocking code (all google related), seems to be the main issue.
It's important, but if at the same time, you intend on monetizing with display ads, you'll need to take the hit on your score. At the end of the day we're here to make money, not appease the Google gods. With that being said, 50 on mobile isn't good at all. You'll be pleased to know that the better display ad companies do a much better job of not render blocking or messing up cumulative layout shifts and all that.

Looks like they redesigned Pagespeed Insights and aren't coughing up overall scores any more. Where are you finding a score? I just checked one of my sites with Mediavine and it's getting 100% on Page Experience and satisfactory Core Web Vitals on mobile and desktop. The big players do a better job. Ezoic is a trashfire when it comes to all this and Adsense isn't a lot better but is better.

Hi all.
What can you recommend fast themes for Wordpress from free?
Thanks!
The MyThemeShop Schema free version is pretty fast.

Looks like they redesigned Pagespeed Insights and aren't coughing up overall scores any more. Where are you finding a score?
Thanks Ryuzaki. I'll continue on with my plan of increasing traffic to get to mediavine. My corevitals seems to be fine, it was just pagespeed taking the hit and while it could have been something else that caused google discover to tank, I suspect it was Ezoic.
I was using this website:
https://pagespeed.web.dev/
It gives me a score about half-way down the page.

Back