Google Algorithm Updates - 2020 Ongoing Discussion

bernard

BuSo Pro
Minor movements upwards for me on one site, but overall very quiet.

tyealia

BuSo Pro
have one big affiliate site down about 30% right now unfortunately

Seems to be some major changes in the last 24 hours. Some sites jumping off a cliff, but no consistency in them at all. SERPWoo's picking it up.

I've checked a dozen or so keywords in Ahrefs that have dropped from top 3 to oblivion in my rank tracker. About 50% show them in the same position today. So maybe they're bouncing back as things settle in.

Seems to be some major changes in the last 24 hours. Some sites jumping off a cliff, but no consistency in them at all. SERPWoo's picking it up.

I've checked a dozen or so keywords in Ahrefs that have dropped from top 3 to oblivion in my rank tracker. About 50% show them in the same position today. So maybe they're bouncing back as things settle in.

Indexing issue going on - https://www.seroundtable.com/google-ranking-index-drop-30192.html

bernard

BuSo Pro
Is this the second time that an update goes along with indexing issues?

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Update going on?

Seeing some drops.

Started a few days ago.

I had a post do the "full takeover" I always talk about and literally double the traffic to this site. Jumped from about 7k users a day to 14k users daily and doubled revenue. I knew it wouldn't last for long and this is about day three and it's dropped off to about 10k users yesterday.

Here's the traffic to that post this week:

That's part of my series of posts I talked about in this thread and others that are all of the same style that I identified that Google loves. I'm rolling out a ton and getting a link each and then I'll circle back around for more link building across them all.

Anyways, the point was, yeah, there was an update for sure, and it's starting to settle. I'd expect some corrections as usual if they haven't already started.

RBT

Google removed the manual "Request Indexing" button from GSC last week. They say its temporary though.

I kinda miss it. It was satisfying to request indexing on a new page and see it ranking on the first page within 3 minutes of going live!! Little pleasures of life... :smile:

BTW, US and 11 states sued Google yesterday lol. But that's probably not a topic for this thread.