Google Algorithm Updates - 2020 Ongoing Discussion

Prentzz

BuSo Pro
Does anyone else regularly see referrals from this domain? I have seen it several times just while looking at real-time referrals in GA.
Big site for my day-job, yes, we see this frequently.

Stones

BuSo Pro
You can set up a custom alert in Google Analytics to notify you of when these referrals (I still don't know how the correct spelling, thanks HTML) occur. I think the question has been discussed on here before, at some point, the manual team review your site and assign you a score, so how much of the last mile for authority sites, particularly in YMYL niches, is based on this manual process?

Thanks both

Appen back on my site again today... I do have some key pages that I hardcode(with dynamic updates) as much schema as a I can (legit, not spammy), so maybe they are interested in that. I rolled out some new rating stuff last week.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Update: July 23rd, 2020

Looking like there was an update yesterday, probably still going on today. All of my projects saw about a 10% boost in traffic.

Seems to be reflected in the SERP volatility trackers. I haven't and don't plan on digging into the details of what changed this time. I'm just going to appreciate the 10% boosts and keep grinding.

eliquid

Digital Strategist
Seeing improvements on sites:

1. I havent touched in months
  2. That have slow wordpress themes
  3. Are decent/mid major B2B terms
  4. Have hardly any content, less than 1k words total on the sites
  5. Little use of the keyword Im ranking for ( only on the homepage of the sites, used very little )
  6. Little to no backlinks to the sites

Went from 5th to 3rd on my best one. Most of this is documented in my Ranking A New Site series:
  1. Ranking A New Site From Scratch - Day 0
  2. Ranking A New Site From Scratch - Days 1-31
  3. Ranking A New Site From Scratch - Days 31-60
  4. Ranking A New Site From Scratch - Days 61-90
  5. Ranking A New Site From Scratch - Days 91-120
  6. Ranking A New Site From Scratch - Days 121-150

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Update: July 30th, 2020

Whatever they did on the 23rd they seem to have largely reversed, or at least that was the effect on my side.