Google Algorithm Updates - 2020 Ongoing Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I 100% agree with this, this is what I'm seeing on my sites too.
2 older sites gained, 2 newer ones lost rankings.
Similar linkbuilding on all, mostly niche edits, some tier2 to powerup and some barely/don't have pbns, some are heavily pushed by pbns.

The interesting part is that one of the older site that gained has 20+ powerful pbns.
Are PBNs nowadays a signal of trust or is it the raw power that you are getting from them that makes the sites ranked? This site lost 50% of the traffic it had in May, now it's almost back to old levels.
I added 100+ articles to this site after the May update and that's it. No backlinking since May.

The other one that gained a lot is an expired domain + ~30 powered up niche edits.
This site started ranking somewhat last year in September and had like 50-100 visitors/day then it completely disappeared from google from December to February.
It came back and it's growing since.

All the sites are similar, are optimized as highly as possible (to the best of my knowledge).
Sites are very fast <2 sec load time on all of them.
The Onpage is maxed out, as much as possible (in-depth content optimized with surfer + lots of interlinking + images and whatnot).

I don't think this update has anything to do with EAT, well at least in not my niches.
I have an author box and an about page on all my sites and that's it. No fancy sh*t.
For one project aged dr 50 auction domain got hit, it was all blackhat pbn it was fairly new(8 months) but went from 500 visits a day to 19 right now with no manual penalty in the search console. It had links from nytimes, samsung, theverge, ny.gov, pcmag etc etc great links. Highly relevant. The content was good it had about 20 pbn links from Rclub high quality and very cautious anchors. This particular example has me completely stumped.

Some times I read shit that is posted, mostly from the SEO Deep State, and I have zero clue what they are saying after re-reading it like 5 times.

I can't be the only one. They speak in this jargon that makes me wonder what's the point of even posting if no one is going to understand what you are stating.

We can take a momentary breather and take inventory on where we're at in the current moment with our sites because Google just said about 30 minutes ago:

wEfwgfV.png

A few quick tidbits that SearchEngineLand has put together:
  • It started on Dec 3rd and took till Dec 16th to roll out completely.
  • It was a global update to all regions, languages, and categories of websites.
  • It was just under 7 months since the last officially announced update. The usual is 3 months.
  • It was a "very big" update with movement between 10% and 100%+ for affected sites.
  • Everyone cried as usual about the timing of it, as we did in this thread.
Make your gains now, because the inevitable Quarter 1 Core Update will be coming faster than two shakes of a rabbits tail!

As usual, most of the initial carnage, was reversed, so that only one of my sites, the youngest with the least non-commercial content, was hit.

The other sites more or less recovered to their minimal losses and some even improved.

Looks like this things back to the table for seconds. Lots of volatility again yesterday and today in serps. Some good theories coming out from Ted at cora and Eric and traffic research. Basically, the consensus looks like you need to just do more of the same, more links more authority.
12.18.2020-10.13.jpg

Yes, seeing some huge reversals today.

Like back to before the "Christmas ad spend" update.

Hmmm.....

Hey guys!

I just saw that Google brought back their "Force Indexing Tool" so I wanted to share that for the ones who didn't see their tweets.

8fgCVbF.png

FAIXmg4.png

However, some people say that there's is a daily limit quota, and in some cases they submited just one link before they got that message.

qUc223M.png

Do you get the "daily quota" message?

By the way, Merry Christmas to everyone who is celebrating. Hope you have a great day!

Finally, that submission tool is back - haven't seen that daily quota message yet but I'm sure I'll come across it soon. The indexing rate still seems to be quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back