Bump As You Leak!

Nice results and a good start, guys. @Nat, @animalstyle, are you leaking from facebook groups or pages? Sorry if the question is dumb - fb has always been a mystery to me.

Reactions: Nat
Nice results and a good start, guys. @Nat, @animalstyle, are you leaking from facebook groups or pages? Sorry if the question is dumb - fb has always been a mystery to me.

I'm building up my brand's FB page and sharing the post in relevant groups. I also made sure the page has plenty of FB share buttons. I am no FB expert, I would love some FB tips as well. I've been taking notes from @Calamari on paid (but this is all organic)

This one is dying out because every major news site is covering it and there isn't enough motivation to share this vs other articles + less surprise factor after a few hours. Posted an article on it to because I'm trying to cement my brand as the authority for everything.

Like I said, this isn't going to be too profitable, but its gotten me page likes and exposure.

[broken image]
I wish there were more groups in my niche, sort of limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Handel, unlike @Nat my industry is super group-heavy and they are pretty accepting of damn spammy looking stuff. (edit: so I was sure to avoid looking spammy, but knew I probably wouldn't get flamed away or my post deleted) This is my first leak and a brand introduction move so I went with an honest approach playing on the open-communication that the niche I am targeting has.

I posted in a couple groups saying I've been working on this website, thought it would help the people in the group and shared it looking for feedback. The great thing is I got the feedback I was looking for.

Another great thing is all the front end work I did getting the site ready showed up. I had people leave reviews, use the email signup, like my FB page, all 'instantly' compared to the timeline of work I put in.

I'm no social expert, but I can tell you that all of this was well thought out. I've been observing for a long time, did my market research, and it was still scary. I am only learning this now - just sharing what worked here.

I've been having urges to start a case study for this today... might have to act on that.

@Handel, unlike @Nat my industry is super group-heavy and they are pretty accepting of damn spammy looking stuff. (edit: so I was sure to avoid looking spammy, but knew I probably wouldn't get flamed away or my post deleted) This is my first leak and a brand introduction move so I went with an honest approach playing on the open-communication that the niche I am targeting has.

I posted in a couple groups saying I've been working on this website, thought it would help the people in the group and shared it looking for feedback. The great thing is I got the feedback I was looking for.

Another great thing is all the front end work I did getting the site ready showed up. I had people leave reviews, use the email signup, like my FB page, all 'instantly' compared to the timeline of work I put in.

I'm no social expert, but I can tell you that all of this was well thought out. I've been observing for a long time, did my market research, and it was still scary. I am only learning this now - just sharing what worked here.

I've been having urges to start a case study for this today... might have to act on that.

Case studdy it, I'd read it :smile:

Facebook users are so freaking stupid, for real. As long as your site looks half decent, you can drop different links all day long. I wish there were more groups in my niche... because they are what keeps getting the ball rolling for me.

There isn't anything more fun than watching people pick up something of yours and start sharing. I'm addicted. I put a lot of effort into a few things and was heartbroken after they failed. Try and remove yourself from the success or failure and just learn.

For some reason this isn't dead, hasn't dropped below 50 all afternoon, I think a few pages picked up the article. These numbers are absolutely nothing compared to what the big guys are getting, but I'm still a noob...

[broken image]

[broken image]
Nothing compared to the rest of you guys! But this is the first time I'm trying traffic leaks and this is pretty exciting for me. I can see why this is so addicting. Going to get better at traffic leaks and get more traffic to this new website of mine! :smile:

@Nat so are you posting links to other groups with your personal acct or are you dropping links on your own group wall with your group acct?

@Nat so are you posting links to other groups with your personal acct or are you dropping links on your own group wall with your group acct?

If you have the right news/headline/title/info for the right audience you just need to get the ball rolling with some eyeballs. I've tried a few things, in my niche dropping links in a variety of different groups has worked really well. I don't have a group yet, I'm trying to build my page. So, the page gets a link drop and then groups I'm a member of get link drops.

Reactions: SSG
Tried some outreach yesterday to get away from FB, wasn't a failure, but its viral traffic again. Really just excited about the links. Have been trying to cultivate the article and get some other sites to pick up without any success so far.
[broken image]

[broken image]
Just made a post on reddit to test titles, hoping my account won't get banned from the subreddit, but fuck it.

Reactions: Nat
JRIUT6h.png

Any minute now....

maZ703Ng3mXo4.gif

Is this from Facebook Group sharing?

No way dude. Its more like Facebook Feeding.

End result...

Good grief all that from just one fb post? I need to get off my ass and start leaking again. I have very weak talent for polarising the masses though. Too used to writing boring seo articles

My FaceBook page is starting to show some results. I need to reach the level @Nat is at though.

[broken image]

Good grief all that from just one fb post? I need to get off my ass and start leaking again. I have very weak talent for polarising the masses though. Too used to writing boring seo articles

Polarizing is great. But, giving/telling people what they want/want to hear is also great.

My FaceBook page is starting to show some results. I need to reach the level @Nat is at though.
I need to learn how you're getting 80% desktop traffic from FB! My ratio is always flipped, 80% mobile.

Polarizing is great. But, giving/telling people what they want/want to hear is also great.

I need to learn how you're getting 80% desktop traffic from FB! My ratio is always flipped, 80% mobile.

So I took your advice and came up with an article about something interesting in the niche. Shared it in a relevant FB Group a few hours ago and got 46 likes and a share.

Good start i guess. I'd share the traffic stats but then i'm also boosting the post on my page so the data would be inaccurate

Well, compared to the first attempt:

yaKqHLZ.png

I'm getting a little better - this is an hour after the link drop:

r4JrgNk.png

EDIT:

Growing stronger:

fDCifyn.png

Last edited:
It's been a consistent 100+ for about 18 hours now. The $1-a-month hosting is holding up surprisingly well with WP-Rocket Cache activated, although I'm having trouble getting into the backend of the site.

It looks like it's spreading on Facebook now. The Facebook graph tool @Nat posted is showing around 8,400 shares.

This is the confidence boost I so badly needed.

Very happy to see you finally posting in this thread... :smile:

What types of monetization do you have on the article? Think you'll be able to upgrade hosting after today? To be honest, I'm pretty impressed your $1 hosting held up with that many live visitors for such an extended time period.

It's not slowing down. Over 24 hours now. I've also noticed new sources showing up as referrals -- especially forums -- so it looks like it's earning some legit links.

[broken image]

First attempt at traffic leaking, between 5 and 10 users for about 20 minutes now.

The adrenaline is pumping!

Back