Bump As You Leak!

Degree
cf51jtP.png

Nice little FB group leak today for a site I'm trying to kick back into gear after about a year of downtime. Roughly 2K uniques over 12 hours or so.

Michael

BuSo Pro
Degree
No viral article crap, this time they're on straight money. We'll see if it converts.

ibJSVTK.jpg
Really don't want to derail this thread but do you do viral shit --> website --> funnel to money page?

Nat

Degree
Really don't want to derail this thread but do you do viral shit --> website --> funnel to money page?
No worries, this threads been derailed before lol. I probably use "viral" a little too loosely sometimes. To me, its just something designed with the intent to be sharable & gets a large % of traffic that is interested based on curiosity and may be completely outside demographic or outside buying intent.

Every viral page I take the time to write is linked to an Amazon/Money page. I don't do CPM, so I'm either trying to get an Amazon sale, an email sign-up, or link-baiting for SEO.

For instance, Donald Trump Admits to Using the “Limitless Pill” to Swing Election. This page is designed to be "viral" and convert people to an offer/direct link/funnel to money page. Or, This Is Why Colin Kaepernick Paid $10K Fine to Wear Beats Instead of Bose. Ok, that's pretty stupid and off the cuff, but it's also a pretty easy way to make a subtle pitch as to why Beats are the shit and you should buy them now before Amazon sells out. If you're writing viral stuff like, Celebrity Hooks Up With Another Celebrity And Here Are The Pictures, well, that is a different story.

My EPC for the above is .20, so I'm going to pay for some traffic and see how it goes.

SSG

Dōmo arigatō, Mr. Roboto
Degree
[broken image]

Turns out my niche does well on YouTube and I've started to implement leaks to my video (videos link to specific articles on my website). Just did 2 Reddit leaks and 1 forum post leak. Won't be able to see it peak but this is the beginning of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
Not even gonna lie, I saw a piece of content on another site and thought it would be perfect for a FB group im in, so I rewrote it and stuck it on my site. (its like 200 words lol)

Just trying to get back into the swing of things ultimately.

1JJlxQl.jpg

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I've held this one back for a number of months so nobody could track me down... I even edited the numbers on this screen shot by +/- xxx to blur it even more.

mdYxxUK.png

This post went to #1 on /r/all. Top post on Reddit! Unfortunately it wasn't for my site or any site. It was a picture and it wasn't even watermarked. So my total traffic and earnings from it both are zero.

It does represent a milestone for me though. It's the first time I hit #1 across the entire site. So now I know it's possible and how to get it done that much more easily.

It's also put the fire back in me to get back to leaking on Reddit. It's just way too easy to manipulate that crowd. All it takes is about 5 minutes of looking at what they're reacting to, 5 mins to think up a post, 5 mins to tweak the title for emotion, and you're off to the races. A little psychology sense, demographic research, and micro-copywriting skills, and wham bam boom.

Andrewkar

BuSo Pro
Degree
I've held this one back for a number of months so nobody could track me down... I even edited the numbers on this screen shot by +/- xxx to blur it even more.

mdYxxUK.png

This post went to #1 on /r/all. Top post on Reddit! Unfortunately it wasn't for my site or any site. It was a picture and it wasn't even watermarked. So my total traffic and earnings from it both are zero.

It does represent a milestone for me though. It's the first time I hit #1 across the entire site. So now I know it's possible and how to get it done that much more easily.

It's also put the fire back in me to get back to leaking on Reddit. It's just way too easy to manipulate that crowd. All it takes is about 5 minutes of looking at what they're reacting to, 5 mins to think up a post, 5 mins to tweak the title for emotion, and you're off to the races. A little psychology sense, demographic research, and micro-copywriting skills, and wham bam boom.
Did you use some "help" to upvote it to get the ball rolling etc?

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Did you use some "help" to upvote it to get the ball rolling etc?

Never. Honestly. I've never done it. Sometimes you have bad timing and can't get traction, especially on bigger subreddits. That's just how the cookie crumbles.

There are professional "shill" accounts that are allowed to use botted and purchased upvotes to hit the front page daily. If a non-condoned account tried that, it'd result in a ban of our domains and shadow-banning of the account and other accounts. I've seen it happen more than once.

So I don't manipulate. I just bide my time and keep trying. It's also not JUST a numbers game. It's a game of micro-copywriting really, in the titles (and of course on the other side of the click). The front page isn't full of random stuff that happened to gain traction, if you filter out the fake and boosted political submissions. It's stuff that people enjoyed or was extremely polarizing.

Andrewkar

BuSo Pro
Degree
@Ryuzaki then congratz on your first big hit! Micro-copywriting... I need to get myself trained a bit better in regards to this, and the best way is to constantly analyse Reddit/s. Anyway, I was trying before to manipulate this and with quite good results. But it won't work becosue traffic that was sent was a waste of time anyways... (yeah for some would be ok, but overall not for me).

Nat

Degree
@Ryuzaki interesting... What are your thoughts about buying 10-50 in order to get over this hump:
Sometimes you have bad timing and can't get traction
Very small amounts of manipulation in order to get that initial traction doesn't seem like it could be dangerous. Ordering 2,000 fakes over an hour? I can see how a user/domain would get flagged/blacklisted. A small 20 up boost that allows initial visibility and then natural votes to snowball into 10,000? I can't see that being very dangerous. If it is, I just might start testing out some 'negative reddit optimization.'

Michael

BuSo Pro
Degree
7WUywAw.png

Bed time down under, yet the US peeps are just waking up. Guess I'll see how this pans out in the morning.

Andrewkar

BuSo Pro
Degree
What day and time of the week you are most active? (I have something special for you lol ... )

SSG

Dōmo arigatō, Mr. Roboto
Degree
Giving imgur a shot tonight. Didn't get down voted to hell..yet

[broken image]

Andrewkar

BuSo Pro
Degree
Well, this is not a regular "bump as you leak" post, but it might be valuable to you I believe.

The most crazy thing about this, and the main reason I've decided to write this post is that this "leak" was made totally by accident, or to put it into other words, I wasn't planning it or expecting anything from it besides creating discussion, and highlighting some problem that we all can relate to. I've got no direct monetary value from it, but just experience in itself is worth a lot. And also, and I'm sorry for this, I wont provide websites, countries and people involved (besides myself :wink: ).

Ok, so there was a quite interesting (and horrible/tragic at the same time) event going on few days, it happened in a holidays niche. You know, related to buying tours/vacation, mostly abroad. It actually became not only a holidays niche event, but most importantly political. This event touched me a lot actually, and so I couldn't resist to express out loud my point of view in one, quite specific internet forum. So I created a post, just regular post with all the necessary information included so people could take a quick grasp of the problem. After 15 hours or so this thread had 10000+ views and became a frontpage topic. That was great in itself, I was happy that people are becoming interested in the problem, and are very active. After some days views skyrocketed further, I don't even know by how much at the moment (but that's not important anyway).

On a second day this post was picked up by a Liveleak. It received 99+ comments, was even banned and removed (however, I don't know details), then was up again, received 99+ comments again stayed life.

So that's all OK and nice, my post was picked up by a well known website, getting large traffic etc. but that was just a beginning of something I would never think could happen.

The next day major national media in one of involved countries, started blaming major media of another country for "this and that", citing post that I've created. In response the country that was attacked/blamed decided to go with the information to the major national news to highlight entire situation. They used a prime time in a national TV station to do this, and of course, they mentioned the forum I've posted to, with nice screenshots etc. (where would you get a better results right? :wink: )

------------------------------

When I was watching all of this my head was crippling, at some point I was even scared and thought "Fuck! Did I use vpn? Did I use my own PC? From where I was posting?" - now I would call this a panic behaviour.

Then when my emotions felled down, I started analysing what's just happened. And here are some of my thoughts:

- Information is power. Doesn't matter for what it's sued for bad or good, it's a power that when is uncontrolled and used by wrong people, can couse as much good as bad.

- It's very easy to influence/direct other human beings. To motivate them, or to discourage them, people who are in hold of information should be responsible ones.

- Applying this "technique" to my marketing endeavours could result in my bank account being full of $.

- Even unknown internet guy can make BIG guys move, and most importantly react to his actions.

- Attaching politics to any niche in a skillful way so major media players, and even governments will have to take their stand, can bring tremendous profits.

- Targeting right audience is the KEY. Even if some event/product or whatever, seems to be meaningless, is meaningless, if served to the right audience it can become a huge thing (especially if connected to political areas).

- After posting keeping mouth closed and letting discussion live by itself (at least for some time) is a KEY.

------------------------------------------

I've done something similar before, but it was more or less planned action geared twords some precise results that I had in mind, not always, but often. But this time I had nothing to take from it besides letting people know about the problem.

Very powerful stuff.

Last edited:
Degree
[broken image]
1.4k visitors from the facebook leak so far....still bringing in the visitors.

ssura

ʕ•̫͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ
BuSo Pro
Degree
[broken image]
:evil:

Mahjong

山外有山 人外有人
Degree
FjuBuRD.jpg

Completed one month, of my first website (business) in English language. This is just for a day each day has its low and high, this is not the highest traffic leak, I've reached close to two hundreds of readers staying for a couple of min. And siphoned to my mailing list.

The job is hard but thanks to CCarter and all who I have learned from on this forum.

Last edited:

ssura

ʕ•̫͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ
BuSo Pro
Degree
[broken image]
Been hovering around this and peaked at 10 (could have been more). Not much but converting to sales and joining my mailing list. Leaking works! :smile:

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
I'm breaking my rule of not checking analytics during a workday today. Found out about a piece of news around an event that drops tonight. Did some pre-leaking and have some nice social traffic incoming.

4xe7WAc.jpg

Event is in a couple hours, I am positioned #1 in search for direct terms surrounding it plus hash tagged and posted all over social. I'm crossing my fingers this explodes tonight...

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
Still rolling, social traffic dropping off, search traffic coming up:
pwUvdWt.jpg

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I hope you guys are dropping them Black Friday cookies...

OCUfBVz.png

This is the time to get started, first break is Tuesday. Then we push until Christmas! Go Go GO!

Edit: Busted 100!

Edit:
k3FtELz.png

Edit: Woke up to this post deleted. It was at over 2000 upvotes at the time. I saw some guy had claimed I was a bot in the thread and then went back to all my recent threads in the same sub-reddit and warned everyone in them that I was a bot. I suspect he reported them all and the mods deleted it without really looking into it.

I then went to his profile page, which he'd converted into one of those new blog style profiles, where he let everyone know that he was the bot-hunter and all his haters can kiss his ass and that if it seemed he was autistic, it's because he is. I had to chuckle, but it sucks because the guy probably costed me thousands of dollars.

contract

We're all gunna mine it brah.
Degree
I then went to his profile page, which he'd converted into one of those new blog style profiles, where he let everyone know that he was the bot-hunter and all his haters can kiss his ass and that if it seemed he was autistic, it's because he is. I had to chuckle, but it sucks because the guy probably costed me thousands of dollars.

lol...

I swear some of these people have no lives.