Bump As You Leak!

Those traffic stats are mind boggling. When I posted on Reddit and got to the front page of /r/dataisbeautiful, I managed to get a hundred sessions at once.

@Ryuzaki, several times you mentioned that you have to wait for the next day to see the profit. What kind of profit are you averaging per visitor?

Those traffic stats are mind boggling. When I posted on Reddit and got to the front page of /r/dataisbeautiful, I managed to get a hundred sessions at once.

@Ryuzaki, several times you mentioned that you have to wait for the next day to see the profit. What kind of profit are you averaging per visitor?

If 100 Live is mind boggling, check out when I hit the front page of /r/all:

VhDbFM0.png

Profit per visitor is extremely low. Fractions of a penny, especially from Facebook and Reddit, etc. CPM advertising is the best for that for general viral content. I'm probably seeing around 3¢ per user? That's a complete guess in my head right now. For more targeted traffic from organic, I fare much better. I've had sites that were upwards of $5 per visitor. @contract could tell you a lot better what a decent price per visitor is in terms of CPM advertising. I'm still getting my traffic numbers together in order to get accepted into more networks to keep higher fill rates at higher CPM floors.

New personal high score, taken just now.

1RrTob0.jpg

Update: Not much higher than the last screenshot, but very happy that it went past the 5k milestone. It's starting to drop off now.
KGJX652.jpg

Last edited:
TS5lYv8.png

Got some Reddit action going. Pales to my 3996 record above but money is money. It's been sitting around here for hours. If it jumps it'll be while I'm asleep... we'll see. I'll take it! Hopefully a ton of people eat that delicious Amazon cookie.

TS5lYv8.png

Got some Reddit action going. Pales to my 3996 record above but money is money. It's been sitting around here for hours. If it jumps it'll be while I'm asleep... we'll see. I'll take it! Hopefully a ton of people eat that delicious Amazon cookie.
Do you sending traffic to a page with Amazon links? Or...:evil: ?

Do you sending traffic to a page with Amazon links? Or...:evil: ?

Nothing fishy. It's to a page with Amazon links, 100% within the rules of Reddit and Amazon.

Ohh that's OK. I thought you might be going the other way... :wink:

[broken image]
My third leak on Reddit. First one got around 80 sessions, the second one got deleted, but this one is doing good so far.

Only 20 upvotes. Damn, this subreddit is big.

First leak attempt at traffic leaking going live on Reddit

Ugh, its all mobile shit. All FB too, so could die pretty quick.
YsLiCFz.jpg

Think this will end up being my max. Suprised its lasting this long. Been above 300 for over an hour.
[broken image]

So confused as to why this still has so much steam
[broken image]

Last edited by a moderator:
Figure it out and keep doing it.

I guess I mostly just underestimated the impact it would have. A short, quick news-style article about a recent development that pertained to an audience that doesn't normally get a lot of attention. I think they were just overjoyed to get some attention.

...and somehow this lasted through the night and is still going.
[broken image]

lol
[broken image]

Someone else post a traffic leak so I don't feel like I'm spamming

lSomeone else post a traffic leak so I don't feel like I'm spamming

This is your thread now and people want (need) to see what's possible with the right message and audience. Spam away my friend.

Reactions: Nat
This is your thread now and people want (need) to see what's possible with the right message and audience. Spam away my friend.
This means a lot. This thread was a huge inspiration for me and I've been waiting to post something here that wasn't pathetic.

Most unproductive day of my life, I can't get anything done, just keep watching stats, checking uptime, approving comments, and trying to see where its being shared.

Starting to lose some momentum now, but its not dead.
[broken image]
Glad my page size is small with good load speeds or I might have been screwed lol.
https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/buso-lightning-the-fastest-wordpress-theme.763/

Edit: and for anyone reading this who is a noob like me, I failed about 50 times before I got this. Seriously, two days ago I spent almost 5 hours working on a longass self post for Reddit and it was a complete and total failure. Grinding and learning as I go.
----
The article that is getting all this traffic wasn't ever intended to even be monetized, but I've got some links to Amazon and I have a feeling a lot of cookies are gonna be eaten.

I guess I mostly just underestimated the impact it would have. A short, quick news-style article about a recent development that pertained to an audience that doesn't normally get a lot of attention. I think they were just overjoyed to get some attention.

...and somehow this lasted through the night and is still going.

These days are whirlwinds and thats awesome. Good to see you focused on the $ and not just the traffic.

Some of repeating this is luck and timing, but re read this message you wrote when the dust settles and test and test to find what factors you control that can make this and more happen in the future.

Good stuff all around.

Its hour 28. Still coming in. Pretty consistent all day. Never dropped below like 180 at any point.

[broken image]

[broken image]

Finally dying out. Been around 100 all morning, but finally dipped down under. What is crazy is that I would have been absolutely elated to get over 50 visitors on a site before this leak... now that I've tasted something bigger I've already accepted this as commonplace. Of course, this was all viral FB traffic, not very targeted (although generally my demographic), so I would have made more money having 5 active users who wanted to buy X product for a day and a half than this.

This was my first real experience with going viral. It's nothing compared to people like @Ryuzaki but this was a big deal for me. I've never been more motivated to keep grinding and keep failing. Because the post was news related, I can't imagine that traffic is going to pick back up again, its been a steady decline since yesterday afternoon, so I'll wrap my leak up with some screenshots.

Here was my bandwidth, have some lulz at my earlier fails.

[broken image]

So far I've burned 55gb of bandwidth in 2 days. (The page size was a tiny bit under 1mb.)

This is referrals from 7pm Nov 10th to midnight Nov 11 (so nothing from today)
[broken image]

The only thing that really matters, though:

Amz clicks [broken image]

Mostly mobile traffic, I'm skeptical as to how many people will order with my cookie, but I'm happy.

I was so caught off guard with this that I really wasn't optimized for this much traffic... should have done a better job with an email opt in, but no ragrets.

What about running a Facebook ad? There's more than likely a lot more traffic out there for you.

What about running a Facebook ad? There's more than likely a lot more traffic out there for you.

The website is informational/resource + news and I've been monetizing with contextual amz links / images. About 2 weeks ago I ran a FB ad because I wanted more exposure, page likes, and email opt-ins. So I promoted a giveaway post that theoretically my audience should have loved. Plenty of free content before an email opt-in to get the whole thing. And it was an utter flop. I got maybe 5 likes out of $10 and one email opt-in. I don't know much about FB ads, but I'm totally willing to re-invest whatever money I make from this post into FB ads. I'm just not experienced with FB ads, especially not for an informational/resource/content site.

The giveaway and like campaigns may have been losers. But you have a winner here with the post that has been bringing you free Facebook traffic. Promoting the same post will more than likely do way better than any of your previous efforts.

If you decide to spend a few bucks to see how much more potential it has, feel free to PM me. As little as $10 a day for a week will be more than enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nat
The giveaway and like campaigns may have been losers. But you have a winner here with the post that has been bringing you free Facebook traffic. Promoting the same post will more than likely do way better than any of your previous efforts.

If you decide to spend a few bucks to see how much more potential it has, feel free to PM me. As little as $10 a day for a week will be more than enough.

I hadn't thought of promoting this same post since it's a news article. But, if I promote it, there is no better time to do it than this exact moment before it becomes even more... 'stale.' Traffic is around 40-50 on it now (live). I'm a noob to FB, but FB ads can be targeted so that only people who haven't already seen it see the ad, right?

Also, I've gotten a shitton of amz clicks, but I still don't know how much $ I've made from this to figure out what a good ROI would be on a paid ad. Although, more likes and exposure would be worth it if I can just break even.

I'm a noob to FB, but FB ads can be targeted so that only people who haven't already seen it see the ad, right?

In order to be able to do that you would need to have set the cookie and set up a custom audience that specifies exactly that. I don't think you can do exactly what you want (I could be wrong) but there are so many people on facebook, the risk of the same people seeing the ad that have already been on your page is small.

Even if you end up advertising to some people that have already seen it, a hell of a lot more new people will be exposed to it.

That's a lot of clicks to amazon. I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised. Under you amazon your reports you can see you many orders you got for yesterday and even for today.

Unveiling a project for the very first time with a small test Facebook leak. Makes me nervous to have put some heart and soul into this project (its a long term one) and post it publicly. I know its good to hold my hand to the flame a bit though. Just seeing the small bit of traffic pushes me to work harder:

bxgmpF2.jpg

Day two, it may be small in the grand scheme, but all big projects start small...
6QyQy13.jpg

Edit: this is a Facebook leak and some of the traffic is converting to FB likes on my main page and an email sub just came through...

Back