Bump As You Leak!

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
I'm getting addicted to Traffic Leaking... It's the fast track to cash, links, and social shares.

I thought it'd be fun to share your leaks as they happen, like a live stream to see where you start and where you peak out. My last run ended up at like 4500 live and killed my server. I made some changes and am hoping to smash that record today...

Here's one hour after I started today's run:

0CQW76W.png

I'll be back as things get interesting... This is from a social network... all it's going to take is for it to gain traction there and spread to others.

Post regardless, even if it's organic or PPC. Let's just see some crazy live traffic numbers!

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Mmmm, now we're getting in there...

AoDPjVY.png

A far cry from 4000, let alone 1000, but it has a chance!

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Oh lordy:

fplNJRy.png

I feel like the fact that it's early on a Friday is killing my chances. Seems like I should be double this at least if not at 1000. It's all good though, there's still time for people to come home from work all across the US and start clicking!

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
uG7msGi.png

That run is over. That was my top. My post was deleted so it all came to a screeching halt. I won't know how much money it made until tomorrow...

See you guys next leak!

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
That run is over. That was my top. My post was deleted so it all came to a screeching halt. I won't know how much money it made until tomorrow...

See you guys next leak!

Story of my life. But it was my fault, I didn't read the rules for my leak lol

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
Finally wrapped up my sales lead functionality. Pushed it live and figured I'd celebrate with a little traffic :wink:

YEDPTFf.png

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
Traffic addiction is beginning... my site isn't ripe for Viral traffic spikes (although I am still looking for those wins). Steady pushes:

BTsU71c.jpg

Degree
@Ryuzaki @built I have a question regarding reddit guys.

Can all subreddits (besides NSFW ones I assume) make it to the front page of Reddit, or are there only a select few?

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
Only "default" sub-reddits (the ones they subscribe everyone to when they start an account) go to the majority of people's front page. However, any sub-reddit can go to the front page of /r/all which is a measure of every single post on Reddit.

If you want huge traffic, you're going to want to hit a default sub. You can still make it to the front page with any sub-reddit (except ones that have chosen to not appear in /r/all), but fewer people will see it if it's not a default sub.

The technicality is that you're not likely to get enough visibility to get enough upvotes to hit the front page on a small sub.

Roy

BuSo Pro
Degree
Not much traffic from my first infographic but a good 1000 Imgur views since I went to work this AM:
k34o3YB.png

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
First precious traffic to the new project.... im finally starting to understand leaking. Dear gods of IM, let this shit go viral:

WxnOute.jpg

Potatoe

BuSo Pro
Degree
@animalstyle May the leaky gods smile down on you.

@Roy It might not have resulted in a ton of traffic, but sit back for a minute and reflect that over 1000 people have taken a few moments out of their day to check out something you created. We all need to respect that (Especially when we're pushing for these huge surges of traffic in this thread). It can be a burden, but it's a good one. If you keep that in mind anytime you're publishing something, it's only a matter of time.

Reactions: Bee

Roy

BuSo Pro
Degree
@animalstyle May the leaky gods smile down on you.

@Roy It might not have resulted in a ton of traffic, but sit back for a minute and reflect that over 1000 people have taken a few moments out of their day to check out something you created. We all need to respect that (Especially when we're pushing for these huge surges of traffic in this thread). It can be a burden, but it's a good one. If you keep that in mind anytime you're publishing something, it's only a matter of time.

Thanks for the input James. That is a perspective I need to keep in mind--the positive outlook.
I checked just now when I got home and ended up with 2100 views mostly from Reddit and something called "direct" which I think means cut&pasting the link in the browser. So at least people checked it out

OEeXGAG.png

Potatoe

BuSo Pro
Degree
@Roy Cheers man, and sometimes just a different word or slightly different angle can be the difference between 2100 total views or 2100 active users. I'm looking forward to hearing how your next one does!

Reactions: Roy
Degree
something called "direct" which I think means cut&pasting the link in the browser

Hi @Roy,

Direct traffic can actually occur for multiple reasons:
- as you said, copying & pasting the URL
- having a page bookmarked
- mobile apps often don't pass referrer information
- opening links within your email
- opening links within certain file types (such as PDF files)
- sometime organic traffic can show up as "direct" which is hella annoying

I know this doesn't apply to you right now, but especially when it comes to emails its important to tag those links up as they're a favourite to show up under "direct".