What are your favorite "hustle mode" supplements?

You're quoting a single preliminary case report, which was not controlled (i.e. no placebo/control group) in three (!) women to prove a point? In case you didn't know, I referenced a meta-analysis (basically a collection of all studies) of RCT's (which is the gold standard in medical research) and was published in a one of the most prestigious nutrition journals.

The researchers didn't want to prove anything BTW. They just collected a bunch of studies which fitted their inclusion criteria and analyzed them. It's not their fault a lot of the RCT's they collected had these inclusion criteria. Whatever the case, at the moment there is no good evidence vitamin D helps to treat depression.

Creatine obviously works and is the single best studies sports supplement out there, but still it only adds about ~5% to your bench. My point was that even much touted legal dietary supplements like creatine are only marginally effective at best.

Besides being a distinguished chemist who won two Nobel prizes Pauling was dead wrong on vitamin C. This is not even an area of controverse in medicine. This subject has been studied to death and instead of quoting a report from some questionable source you could've also used Pubmed to find the numerous meta-analysis and systematic reviews which show that vitamin C supplementation doesn't treat cancer or even the common cold like Pauling claimed. If you teach crap like that in medical school you'd be kicked out in a sec and rightly so.

I don't even know how to respond to this, LOL.
No sense in this anymore. You clearly trying to prove YOUR point. As I have said, this is not what I was after. You are now just trying to play straw man with me but, I'm not interested in this kind of discussion.

No sense in this anymore. You clearly trying to prove YOUR point. As I have said, this is not what I was after. You are now just trying to play straw man with me but, I'm not interested in this kind of discussion.

Yeah, I guess it's best to let it rest now. While you seem to have a genuine curiosity you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about and I really mean this in the nicest way possible.

Yeah, I guess it's best to let it rest now. While you seem to have a genuine curiosity you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about and I really mean this in the nicest way possible.
Well, that's all fine and dandy but, you are certainly not an expert in subjects we are discussing here, you just proved this in your last post. So, if I was you I would hold on with judging my experience and knowledge (you don't know me....). Unless you want to come out as wannabe "expert"... If that's the level where you are at this moment, that's fine. I was there and done that some time ago, so no bad feelings. I can understand. We all go through this (or should we?)...

Now, "Slightest clue" is something that even the best researchers and scientists don't have... And they are very aware of that fact (you know... "The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know"...)

However, you seem to be different. Are You?

I don't think so. So get it right. I'm not challenging YOU
personally on your knowledge. Instead I'm trying to have some constructive talk here about supps etc. That's all. But in that area there is no place for definitive statements like "supplements don't work" or "is ascorbic acid from Naturalnews..." etc...

You should know that if you have enough under your belt.

BTW, I have this feeling that you trolling me :D Great, that was a nice troll mate :wink:

@Andrewkar

Wow talk about derailing a thread with nonsense. Natural news... seriously dude? You should know better than that if you're going to try to debate about a topic. That's like if I said, "I just picked up the latest National Enquirer, let's debate celebrities." You really need to learn to understand a study before you get into online arguments that could potentially harm people.

Once you say "No sense in this anymore" that's where you stop responding... makes sense, yeah?

Back on topic my favorite supplement for grinding away at the computer all day is caffeine.

Just finished a bottle of Caffeine & N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine. Caffeine without the sides. Very good for focus. Reordered.

Just finished a bottle of Caffeine & N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine. Caffeine without the sides. Very good for focus. Reordered.
Have you tried adding theanine w/ caffeine? I've been using that combo for over 2 years and am still amazed at how well it works (clear focus and the crash is much less pronounced).

200mg caffeine
200mg l-theanine

A nap once in a while will do the trick!

Well, that's all fine and dandy but, you are certainly not an expert in subjects we are discussing here, you just proved this in your last post. So, if I was you I would hold on with judging my experience and knowledge (you don't know me....). Unless you want to come out as wannabe "expert"... If that's the level where you are at this moment, that's fine. I was there and done that some time ago, so no bad feelings. I can understand. We all go through this (or should we?)...

Now, "Slightest clue" is something that even the best researchers and scientists don't have... And they are very aware of that fact (you know... "The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know"...)

However, you seem to be different. Are You?

I don't think so. So get it right. I'm not challenging YOU
personally on your knowledge. Instead I'm trying to have some constructive talk here about supps etc. That's all. But in that area there is no place for definitive statements like "supplements don't work" or "is ascorbic acid from Naturalnews..." etc...

You should know that if you have enough under your belt.

BTW, I have this feeling that you trolling me :D Great, that was a nice troll mate :wink:

Way to stay on topic dude.

A nap once in a while will do the trick!
tumblr_m6yiclNObE1qap7hto1_1280.jpg

::emp::

Have you tried adding theanine w/ caffeine? I've been using that combo for over 2 years and am still amazed at how well it works (clear focus and the crash is much less pronounced).

200mg caffeine
200mg l-theanine
Yes, I have. It's also a great combo. The NALT works in a similar fashion and gets rid of any anxiety/speediness you may get from Caffeine. I'd also give this a try whenever you get the chance. According to the manufacturer I use, which also created the first stack (Ceretropic), they have developed their own formula which ionically bonds both molecules in order to compliment each other.

I import high quality green and white teas from China - their quality is very good and has a nice balance of theanine and caffeine which I've noticed does give great focus.

Someone on reddit was questioning their use of Nootropics and other energy/cognitive enhancers even though he said he has never felt as fantastic and productive. This is the response someone gave which I think is great:
"Slightly off topic but bare with me, I'm focusing on the "worth it" part first. In order of priority:

• 6 or 7.5 hours of high quality sleep at the same time every night. Free, #1 by far.
  • Proper, healthy, high quality, home-cooked diet: ~$600/mo, second best nootropic.
  • Optimize your ACh, Serotonin & Dopamine with Nootropics. What, like $30/mo? 3rd.
  • Exercise at least 30 minutes for at least 5 days a week. $20-40/mo + your time. 4th.
  • Meditate at least 10 minutes a day, I prefer after work. Free + your time. 5th.
  • Glutamate & other MOA Noots in 6th place with vitamins B/D/E/K/Oil, etc.
Here's the thing about Nootropics being "worth it"... they're absolutely worth it if you've taken care of other lowest hanging fruits first & arrived at #3 or #6 on the above list and you have $80/mo or so to spare (buy in bulk). I spend as much on Nootropics as gym + protein and unless you have naturally optimal levels of Serotonin/Dopamine/ACh, the bang for your buck you get from Nootropics should be about as much as exercise - more if you had imbalances."

Sublingual vitamin B complex, vitamin B8, Choline, good quality multivitamin.

Eat healthy all the time too - common sense diet, no fad bullshit diets - fruit, veg, protein. Simple shit.

Class As don't count.

Last edited:
Placebo gains. 60% of the time, works every time.

^ Not directed at anyone or anything. Just thought it was totally appropriate, considering. ;-)

I also make my own juice every day too (I like to tell myself this at least).

But seriously - amazing health benefits and gives you plenty of energy when you're on the grind.

I take creatine and protein shake but not for my hustle mode. I don't do the headphone on mode ever. My hustle mode is early morning. Cup of coffee. Thats it. I work out 6 days a week. And I can work with pretty good focus without any supplements. I only take coffee in the morning as a habit to take a dump. Otherwise I just take green tea. Music is only light Classicals in the background. Or TV in the background, as a white noise :smile:

Edit: Multi Vitamins or B complex with a calcium everyday.
And I eat a lot of fish

Only thing I use is caffeine, usually in pill form. Use for working on my IM stuff and for working out.

Take 1/2 a pill before working on IM.

Take 3/4 a pill before working out.

strong coffee made by me
kratom that I import from Indonesia myself and sell online until they ban it

strong coffee made by me
kratom that I import from Indonesia myself and sell online until they ban it

Ever try Jenkem?

We should have a BuSo Jenkem party. I'm happy to whip up the first batch for you guys to test.

Back