What are your favorite "hustle mode" supplements?

I experimented with nootropics a few years back before they had premade pills that you can easily get now. Back then I would just buy the bulk powder for piracetam and choline bitartrate off of ebay and mix them together. The stuff was horrible tasting and very hard to get down.

Now you can buy premade pills to make life easier, although they're definitely overpriced. I take these off and on and do notice better mental focus: https://www.onnit.com/alphabrain/ - It seems they have some kind of Tim Ferris special right now (10% off)

Keep in mind if you're on a budget, its most definitely more affordable to get the ingredients in bulk and mix them together yourself.

^ I still buy in bulk and just put it all into a medicine cup and drink it down with the morning coffee.

^ I still buy in bulk and just put it all into a medicine cup and drink it down with the morning coffee.

Do you taste it when you mix it in with the coffee? When I would mix it with drinks, it would be horrible, but I never tried it with coffee.

I have a bunch of bulk powders, holly smokes they taste like crap. Noopept, is easy to dose and dont taste like much.
Any one ever try nuvigal + a bulk powder?

Do you taste it when you mix it in with the coffee? When I would mix it with drinks, it would be horrible, but I never tried it with coffee.

I don't mix it with the drink. I put it all in my mouth, take some water or coffee into my mouth, quickly swish around, and swallow. I still get aftertaste for a few minutes. It's not a big deal to me, I've eaten a lot less tasty things with weirder effects...

Yeah i got aggressive cuz you dont recommend stuff like that to people that could hurt themselves up. Dnp is toxic shit, gh15 doesn't even recommend it and that says a lot. ECA was great, just some days I felt completely fried. It is much more effective than clen in my opinion, if you want to use it for fat loss, light diuretic etc

It's toxic (extremely dangerous, lethal, etc) if you use it wrong. It was/still is literally one of the original (and best) magic diet pills. ECA/clen will barely do anything in comparison. As long as you don't take too much, you'll be fine. ECA/clen is a waste of time for most people in my opinion.

Also I should preface that I'm not a bodybuilder, but I do compete in a strength sport on a regular basis at a high level.

I should try yohmbie hlc, I picked up a bag of the powder and never finished.

Wow it's strong, feels like clen...So take that as a warning. Don't know exactly how dangerous it is, but it doesn't feel safe

Yohimbe root?

::emp::
Not the root. "Yohmbie hcl" , the dose size is so small, I mean like the head of a pin.
The first time I took it I doubled the dose becuase I didn't think it was going to do anything. Them I hit the tread mill, I was borderline hallucinating . Felt like a jet, I could even hear an engine roaring.
Lol, the good thing about it is that it only lasts for like 30min and if you start to get worried about it, just eat candy or something sweat. It works like a switch, you go from that "I think my hearts about to pop" to calm and cool in about 3 seconds.

The dosage for yohimbine HCL is 0.2mg/kg of bodyweight. Don't ever go more than that for a single dosage. It can and will raise your heart rate. Also, if doing cardio, you REALLY need to get a heart rate monitor and keep things in check, because you could end up reaching a really high HR. Also, as far as cardio on yohimbine, pretty much I'd only ever do low intensity cardio, walking, etc. Something like HIIT is a good way to explode your heart when on yohimbine HCL or ephedrine HCL.

Also, less well known, carbs and/or foods that elicit a significant blood sugar response pretty much stop yohimbine HCL from working through it's normal pathways, thereby nullifying its effects. Pretty much, I'd just use it doing fasted cardio in the morning or something. With food, it's pretty easy to make the yohimbine pointless.

As for anyone taking vitamins .. please educate yourselves.
Unless you have a deficiency which can't be helped by changing your diet - do not take vitamin supplements.

Things have been found to be more harm than good. And this is NOT limited when taking over the recommended amount (which is easy to do).

Multi
Increased mortality rate: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17327526
Vitamin A
Coupled with smoking and beta carotene Lung Cancer, anyone? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8901853
Vitamin E
Increased risk of heart failure - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15769967
Calcium
Actually increased risk of hip fracture, and increased risk of death by cardiovascular diseases. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20671013

etc, etc etc... the list is endless.

My source is German - but there are a LOT of scientific studies cited here:
http://greatist.com/grow/why-you-dont-need-a-multivitamin
(Hover on the blue ribbons in the text for science.)

::emp::
That's all true as far as those studies go. But the main problem with those studies that disqualifies them in real life is lack of diet assessment. Diet is a major factor contributing to occurrence of cancer and not taking it into account is just silly. Let's do study as above with one group on a well designed very low carb diet and second on a regular SAD, or even better on a well designed high carb diet (kind of body building or traditional Japanese diet). Let's then compare cancer risk markers :cool:

And I agree with regards to synthetic vitamins, they are at least a weak substitute of real food (beef or eggs for example).

I like EC stack but I'm using it only while getting very lean. Regarding DNP... it's potential killer and it doesn't work for our marketing endeavors. Actually, it makes one feel like crap, overheating, sweating, weak and exhausted. Sure, it dose burn fat (because you are like 24/7 on the run) but it's devastating to the body, not worth it. Stuff like DNP, insulin, clen and thyroid hormones are not meant for people who don't make living with their "model" bodies. Don't do that shit.

1. A clean diet
2. A strenuous workout
3. Time with good friends
This should be the foundation of a healthy life. The supplements are there to bump it up a notch. Still, nothing beats this.

Most people aren't doing those 3 and worry about supplements. No point. It's like worrying about your social media strategy when you've yet to build a website.

That's all true as far as those studies go. But the main problem with those studies that disqualifies them in real life is lack of diet assessment. Diet is a major factor contributing to occurrence of cancer and not taking it into account is just silly. Let's do study as above with one group on a well designed very low carb diet and second on a regular SAD, or even better on a well designed high carb diet (kind of body building or traditional Japanese diet). Let's then compare cancer risk markers :cool:

And I agree with regards to synthetic vitamins, they are at least a weak substitute of real food (beef or eggs for example).

I like EC stack but I'm using it only while getting very lean. Regarding DNP... it's potential killer and it doesn't work for our marketing endeavors. Actually, it makes one feel like crap, overheating, sweating, weak and exhausted. Sure, it dose burn fat (because you are like 24/7 on the run) but it's devastating to the body, not worth it. Stuff like DNP, insulin, clen and thyroid hormones are not meant for people who don't make living with their "model" bodies. Don't do that shit.

Looks like you don't really understand how epidemiological research works. While it's pretty messy and can't establish cause-and-effect they do try to control for known risk factors like dietary factors. So your criticism is pretty misguided.

That being said, who cares anyway?! All those supplements are just placebo. I always chuckle when I see people mentioning a wall of text of the worthless crap they're taking. Nootropics? Done them all and they only work if you believe in it. It's all placebo based on worthless animal experiments and shady Soviet research. As a general rule, as long as it's legal it's worthless.

Haha... I agree, "as long as it is legal it's worthless". Well said.

However, you clearly haven't take your time time to examine properly studies in question. And unfortunately for us, most of those studies are designed just to push some earlier defined results.

I'm not saying all supplements are placebo. That would be just manipulation (based on those studies). On the other hand, I'm not saying all supplements are working.

For example, vitamin D is well proven to work great for people who experience depression. Also, sodium ascorbate is proven to work for halting cancer in many cases. So it's not all black and white. But, using studies that aren't well designed to proof ones point is just big no no.

As for nootropics, everything can work for some individuals. Caffeine can be effective if you have never tried anything better. If you have tried mega dosses of taurine with caffeine, you will know that this is much better than just caffeine alone (by mega dosses I mean like 6-30 grams a day. That's why popular RedBul energy drink and all of that stuff is in fact useless...That's just placebo and big LOL at people who are drinking that shit...). If you have tried ephedrine HCL and caffeine, you will know that this stack works better than just taurine with caffeine alone.

Sure, there is a point at which human beings are categorized, because not everyone can handle ephedrine HCL equally well. For some of us it's just too HUGE of a kick but, for others it's just a well focused and efficient ride.

That being said, everyone should test it to see, what can be made of it.

There are at least two MUCH better compounds that can be used to enhance ones productivity (and those are working via ones general state of well being) but, I'm not going to spill the beans about them right here. Just too much people here in the same business as me.

Medications are great compounds but, the key is to know what and when one should use.

Last edited:
Mate, I'm pretty well-versed into this stuff although I haven't followed any research the last year. It's just a major waste of time and in the end all these supplements turn out to be placebo or marginally effective at best.

Just take creatine supplementation in resistance exercise for example. To date it's the only supplement (counting whey protein as food) that has a decent amount of scientific evidence behind it. And still, it only boosts strength by a meager 4% (all these stories about adding 20lbs to your bench? straight PLACEBO!) All the 100's of other ingredients that came and go over the years? Meager scientific evidence at best and straight snake oil at worst. I don't even bother reading bodybuilding forums anymore. It's the same shit all over. I just take my test, EQ and tren shots two times a week and be done with it.

I have to correct you on your vitamin D to reduce depression though. Check out this meta-analysis: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25701329 . Again,not effective! And sodium ascorbate treating cancer? LMAO is this naturalnews.com?

Ephedrine is definitely nice though. Stacking it with clen currently. Might add some DNP into the mix as well (notsrs)

So no one has any secret magic pills for a free trail? :|

I've been meaning to try alpgabrain,cliptep or anything else but nothing has really convinced me to buy anything.

Mate, I'm pretty well-versed into this stuff although I haven't followed any research the last year. It's just a major waste of time and in the end all these supplements turn out to be placebo or marginally effective at best.

Just take creatine supplementation in resistance exercise for example. To date it's the only supplement (counting whey protein as food) that has a decent amount of scientific evidence behind it. And still, it only boosts strength by a meager 4% (all these stories about adding 20lbs to your bench? straight PLACEBO!) All the 100's of other ingredients that came and go over the years? Meager scientific evidence at best and straight snake oil at worst. I don't even bother reading bodybuilding forums anymore. It's the same shit all over. I just take my test, EQ and tren shots two times a week and be done with it.

I have to correct you on your vitamin D to reduce depression though. Check out this meta-analysis: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25701329 . Again,not effective! And sodium ascorbate treating cancer? LMAO is this naturalnews.com?

Ephedrine is definitely nice though. Stacking it with clen currently. Might add some DNP into the mix as well (notsrs)
Let's not throw at each other many different studies just to prove one's point. You probably know that we are able to backup our claims easily, no matter what we think about supplements.

Regarding Vitamin D and depression, I will just paste here excerpt from the study you have pointed on:
however, most of the studies focused on individuals with low levels of depression and sufficient serum vitamin D at baseline.

If most of the studies focused on people with LOW level of depression and sufficient vitamin D... What the hell they were trying to prove then?

Anyway, have a look at this if you have time http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120625152358.htm (you will find there source).

As for creatine, sure it works great. For you, if you are all about maximising muscle mass and staying lean, it's not the kind of supplement that you might be happy with. If you are on EQ, tren, test etc. than you know that creatine is just a small addition to overall muscle recovery. It won't give people size and strength they are looking for. But it still works and it's one of the best sport supplemments we can use to speed up the recovery process http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10449017

In other words, for you creatine might looks like useless in terms of building big muscles and staying lean. After all, creatine is not like test. For me on the other hand (I'm not on gear), it is a very good addition to my diet but, I'm not after size as much as you. I'm after fastest possible recovery without going on gear (which does wonders for recovery by the way). I'm just amator and I'm not making living from my look or psychical strength. However if I would ever decide to go that way, I would certainly jump on a gear.

Sodium ascorbate in cancer treatment. Nothing to laugh about. I think C treatments were pioneered by Linus Pauling. Below is the link to quite recent study however, they have used IV ascorbic acid which probably isn't as effective and safe as salts of ascorbic acid http://functionalfoodscenter.net/files/73514619.pdf

Why vitamin C in its most popular form might be less effective and dangerous than ascorbic acid watch here
(more about Cathcart here http://www.losaltosonline.com/news/sections/news/216-latc-sections/community-archive/28890-J25518)

Naturalnews have it's flows, a lot of them actually but, they do some good job on showing people things they will never see in TV or hear about from pop medicine superstars.

So no one has any secret magic pills for a free trail? :|

I've been meaning to try alpgabrain,cliptep or anything else but nothing has really convinced me to buy anything.
To be honest... Get your diet, rest and goals right. If you do you will be better than 90% of this sick population. You might be interested in VLCD because this kind of diets tend to keep blood sugar level flat (and bouncing sugar is a very bad thing to focus). If you want to play with stuff I would start with simple things like taurine, caffeine, ephedrine. It might be tough to handle though. Also, just regular marijuana might be used used to enhance one's focus.

When I was in school I smoked a bit. Once we had to learn a poem and then recite it from memory. It was something like twenty or thirty lines at most. Of course I haven't done that in home and went to classes completely unprepared. So I just smoked some weed with my fellows who also weren't prepared, just before that test. Teacher told me that if I don't pass this poem she will not allow me to pass the year. I got scared and weed just made this feeling more powerful. I had something like 15 minutes to learn it and, I was nicely stoned. Surprisingly I have learned it and received B. I'm not sure if I could get it done without help of mary jane. I think that on one hand smoking helped me to relax and, on the other because of the relaxed state my mind was able to suck all that lines quite fast.

That being said, after all those experiments I have done to my mind, I would say that the best way is to focus on mind itself. This thread is probably a good read for anyone looking to get into GOD's focus https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/psychological-barriers-to-success.944/

Let's not throw at each other many different studies just to prove one's point. You probably know that we are able to backup our claims easily, no matter what we think about supplements.

Regarding Vitamin D and depression, I will just paste here excerpt from the study you have pointed on:

If most of the studies focused on people with LOW level of depression and sufficient vitamin D... What the hell they were trying to prove then?

Anyway, have a look at this if you have time http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120625152358.htm (you will find there source).

You're quoting a single preliminary case report, which was not controlled (i.e. no placebo/control group) in three (!) women to prove a point? In case you didn't know, I referenced a meta-analysis (basically a collection of all studies) of RCT's (which is the gold standard in medical research) and was published in a one of the most prestigious nutrition journals.

The researchers didn't want to prove anything BTW. They just collected a bunch of studies which fitted their inclusion criteria and analyzed them. It's not their fault a lot of the RCT's they collected had these inclusion criteria. Whatever the case, at the moment there is no good evidence vitamin D helps to treat depression.

As for creatine, sure it works great. For you, if you are all about maximising muscle mass and staying lean, it's not the kind of supplement that you might be happy with. If you are on EQ, tren, test etc. than you know that creatine is just a small addition to overall muscle recovery. It won't give people size and strength they are looking for. But it still works and it's one of the best sport supplemments we can use to speed up the recovery process http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10449017

In other words, for you creatine might looks like useless in terms of building big muscles and staying lean. After all, creatine is not like test. For me on the other hand (I'm not on gear), it is a very good addition to my diet but, I'm not after size as much as you. I'm after fastest possible recovery without going on gear (which does wonders for recovery by the way). I'm just amator and I'm not making living from my look or psychical strength. However if I would ever decide to go that way, I would certainly jump on a gear.

Creatine obviously works and is the single best studies sports supplement out there, but still it only adds about ~5% to your bench. My point was that even much touted legal dietary supplements like creatine are only marginally effective at best.

Sodium ascorbate in cancer treatment. Nothing to laugh about. I think C treatments were pioneered by Linus Pauling. Below is the link to quite recent study however, they have used IV ascorbic acid which probably isn't as effective and safe as salts of ascorbic acid http://functionalfoodscenter.net/files/73514619.pdf

Besides being a distinguished chemist who won two Nobel prizes Pauling was dead wrong on vitamin C. This is not even an area of controverse in medicine. This subject has been studied to death and instead of quoting a report from some questionable source you could've also used Pubmed to find the numerous meta-analysis and systematic reviews which show that vitamin C supplementation doesn't treat cancer or even the common cold like Pauling claimed. If you teach crap like that in medical school you'd be kicked out in a sec and rightly so.

Naturalnews have it's flows, a lot of them actually but, they do some good job on showing people things they will never see in TV or hear about from pop medicine superstars.

I don't even know how to respond to this, LOL.

Back