STDDIOT - Stuff That Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread

Sorry to bug, I am on mobile checking in, for some reason the main forum is still sloppy (left and right) anyone else getting this? I did everything the engineer said I thought to fix this. It only started after the forum updates for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong... OCD getting to me haha.

Sorry to bug, I am on mobile checking in, for some reason the main forum is still sloppy (left and right) anyone else getting this? I did everything the engineer said I thought to fix this. It only started after the forum updates for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong... OCD getting to me haha.
I’m on mobile just now and there doesn’t seem to be any issues with the forum.

Sorry to bug, I am on mobile checking in, for some reason the main forum is still sloppy (left and right) anyone else getting this?

Do a hard-reload. Come on dude, clearly your css and Javascripts are cached from the old settings. You are an internet marketer?!?!

Ok, I finally got it. I don't usually mess with the phone much, i got a different phone and is ass backwards from my old one. Thanks again.

What ever happened with the dude with the racecar bed???bwahahaha

Great article on adding value to customers/clients: How Amazon used free shipping to build the biggest eCommerce business ever - Upsell

Key takeaways

Prime started out as a way to prepay for "free" shipping, and then it branched out to help grow Amazon into the dominant eCommerce provider it is today. The Virtuous Cycle gave Amazon a way to strategically add value to their service and the guided the direction needed to make sure their customers were on board.

► Focus on the experience

Customers who have a bad experience with your service aren't likely to come back. Make sure that everything your company does not only supports the customer but also heightens their experience with your product. No one will recommend a product or a service that doesn't provide at least a good experience.

► Find a way to subvert biases

Nobody likes paying shipping costs. By tapping into a pain point nearly every eCommerce customer shares, Amazon was able to build out a service that helped their company grow. If you can alleviate the potential issues a customer might see with your product or service before the purchase has been made, you'll be removing any potential roadblocks in the customer journey.

► Consistently add value

Prime members now get so much more than free shipping. Whenever a customer interacts with your service, be it through a purchase or by just browsing your website, find a way to make it valuable. The more value a customer sees in your company, the more you'll be able to build on the relationship you have with them.

► Make it easy

KISS is a design acronym that stands for "Keep it simple, stupid." It's harsh but true. When you make it simple for customers to make a purchase, request a quote, contact support, or just find the item they're looking for, that leads to a better overall experience with your company.

► Be indispensable

Amazon built their service to provide everything under the sun. While you might not be able to achieve that level of ubiquity, it's important that your customers think of you at the right times. Find a way to make your product or service the best possible solution to a customer problem and they'll remember it when the time is right.

Great Onboarding examples: 6 user onboarding examples that work

1. Social login
- Social login offers users one-click sign up – just create an account with pre-existing social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, Google, or LinkedIn.

Ch1-Social-Logins-Preferences.png

2. Contextual tutorials
- All successful consumer products have created habit-forming experiences, or so called "desire engines". The more often a user completes these experiences, the more likely they are to "self-trigger". You can add these desire engines to your onboarding so users form habits that will keep them coming back to your application.

3. Clear path to completion

- Whether it's numbered steps, a task-style checklist, or a progress bar, giving users a sense of how far they have to go to complete the user onboarding process helps reduce abandonment. If new users know how many steps they must complete, they're more likely to successfully complete the process.

Ch1-Stepper-2.png

4. Early value for the user

- A simple onboarding flow might give you lots of signups, but lots of signups doesn't always translate to lots of customers. That's why the best products don't stop with an intro tour. They focus on the job the customer is hiring your product for, and show customers how to be successful with it.

5. Progressive profiling

- One of the best ways of reducing friction in account creation is allowing users to progressively build their profiles. You do this by requesting only the most important and necessary information during registration. It's a tricky balance to strike. Ask too much of new users and they may not complete the process. Don't ask enough and users are more likely to churn. Requiring just enough information increases the odds of retention.

"Just enough" information means you won't be giving users the complete experience from your product right away. You can see this tactic in the way LinkedIn, Facebook and Tumblr give users easy opportunities to build their profiles over time.

Ch1-Progress-Bar-2.png

6. Connect teams

The way software is being bought is changing, and the buyer for a company often starts as an individual user. Collaborative, team-based SaaS products like Asana, Dropbox and Slack know the sooner they can connect these individual users to a team the more momentum they build toward a premium upgrade.

In each of these examples, when signing up with an email domain others have already used, new users are prompted to connect with teammates on the same domain. "Ask to join" and "Find your team" are common ways to encourage users from a company, who may not know their colleagues are considering the same tool, to connect.

Slack builds its teammate invitation right into the onboarding flow prior to letting you use the product. In this case, teammates make the tool valuable. With a simple opt in, Slack allows new users to let their teammates join without additional permissions if they've created an account using a verified company email address.

ch1-Slack-Teammates.png

Can we start a books read post?

when you are right where you need to be... haha!
jesus-thumbs-up.jpg

Spotted some fun in the SERPs:

B82pdw0.jpg

Made some updates, will check back for results...

Be thankful for what you got, it cld always be worse. Keep fighting the fight guys!

Does anyone have experience with Blackhat SEO - I've seen something that I'd love to run a test for but can't figure out for the life of me what's going on with it.

This one's just for fun and would never be used on an actual project

my buddy was complaining about Taco Bell Fartburn.... Is that a thing now? haha. imagine that commercial lolz

Calling all BUSO members! Where you at? what you guys been up to? This is our community and it becomes not just what the staff do but what we all contribute to help build it. This is the best damn forum on the web imo. Per capita, there is more wisdom, raw experience, and knowledge passed on from veteran members that have actually made it than on ANY other forum online. This sure aint wickedfire, and this place will be better. I know i am the crazy drunk fucker on this forum from some of my dumb ass posts i post when im drunk, but you know what, id rather chill and get a little jacked (sometimes too jacked, lolz) and bounce my dizzy ass thoughts joking around with like minded people (and risk getting banned again) than most others IRL. This place is a helluva resource for noobs and is a great reference to come back to to double check while crossing your t's and dotting your i's. Where you guys at? i been missing seeing your guys journey updates and just general conversation.

Let me hear you BUSO!

*mods, dont put me in jails again plz.

Ok, I thought the gayest forum I ever seen in my life was wafo, I was wrong, there is an even gayer forum out there and it's affiliatefix. Waste of time, it's a massive spamden.

I know i am the crazy drunk fucker on this forum from some of my dumb ass posts i post when im drunk, but you know what, id rather chill and get a little jacked (sometimes too jacked, lolz) and bounce my dizzy ass thoughts joking around with like minded people (and risk getting banned again) than most others IRL.

Your weird shit doesn't go unappreciated. Especially now that you have your chat thread lol. Fartburn is real! This is a great community.

Haven't maintained a journal because I haven't felt like I was serious enough about this, at least not at the level you guys are at. I've been real comfortable in my full time gig. I've got the car I want, the guitars I want. Yet, I still come back here because I know I can do more.

For the first time I'm creating SMART goals for the quarter. I have 2 projects, one that makes a trickle of money but is in a niche that will never do more than that. I made it for fun but at least I found this forum because of it. I have another site, partnered with an industry expert in a super competitive niche that we're building up slowly. I'm in it for the long haul but I need to pick up the pace. My competitors aren't waiting around to be beaten.

Bros, I was watching this ghost Hunter shit on prime, now I'm too fucking scurred to go to the basement freezer to get brats for supper, hahaha!

Google gets grilled about Consumers being tracked EVEN when location services are TURNED OFF!

Google is trying to be the world government

Back