Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

You know on Tailwind how you can change the source URL - how many many of you do this and link back to your website and is it strictly legal?

Hello,

I'm on day 3 of digital crash course, but have some questions. I hope you guys can help me. I have some knowledge of the logics behind the business, but I never decided to give it a try. So here's my firsts questions:

What do you consider a broad niche? For example kitchen accessories is considered an broad niche or is too specific?

I know that serpwoo is owned by people on the forum, I think one of the founders of the forum, but there's any tool like the old Google keyword planner?

Looking forward to learn a lot of seo and business from you guys.

Thanks in advance from Portugal

What do you consider a broad niche? For example kitchen accessories is considered an broad niche or is too specific?
I would say that kitchen accessories is a broad niche, since you can write about a lot of things: knives, toasters, ovens, forks, plates, mixers, blenders etc.

Kitchen knives would be a small niche, although there are even smaller ones. Example: Japanese kitchen knives.

Broad = Several topics/entries.

At least to me.

It's broad enough, but I would go even wider and make the domain about cooking/kitchen in general, and then start from a sub-niche like ovens.
any tool like the old Google keyword planner?
Check out keywords everywhere browser addon, it gives you exact volume info like the old KW Planner did. I like using it together with keyword shitter, but also works with the current keyword planner.

Is anyone familiar with a (open source would be nice) light weight crawler that can find external 404s and doesn't run into memory problems on large sites?

Something that can be scripted and just let run.

Is anyone familiar with a (open source would be nice) light weight crawler that can find external 404s and doesn't run into memory problems on large sites?

Something that can be scripted and just let run.

Ahref's has a broken link checker and you can let them deal with the memory issues and all that.

I do a bit of professional translating (from one language to my mother tongue and I have a proper permit) and generally charge €40 a page or part-page (A4, regular spacing, Calibri 11) if it is a regular. Or €50 a page if it is a single one-off. Plus tax, since it is all above board and I'm self-employed. I think the professional rate is generally around 11c a word, which tends to work out about the same.

The costs are based on my 'get out of bed' fee and my 'what else could I be doing' cost and I'm not too worried if I don't get people knocking down my door. But I do have regular clients who appreciate stuff that gets finished when I promise it will be and the fact that they know the translation is well done and checked over.

So that should give you a higher-end idea of the scale. (Legal and contract translations are a lot more and you have to be qualified in many countries.)

You'll be able to get massively cheaper on Upwork or other sites, I think. In that case, test out a few translators and then hire a top-price proof-reader in that language to check out their submissions.

I will karate kick my laptop soon.

What I want to do is A/B test what buttons works best for my site: green or orange.

I never done split testing before, and it's eaten up like 2 hours of my time so far.

I have to use Chrome, download some Google optimization addon, then I have to create a Google tag manager account to set up a tag in analytics. Then I must connect the tag to each button on my website, and then add the code to Google optimization and then I have to put it in my butt.

What the hell!? It's several Google portals to enter, and several code snippets and several places to register. This seem to be more complicated than it should, or I am doing it completely wrong.

I am checking the options in regards to plugins, and they all cost like 40 bucks a month.

Is there a cheap and simple solution for a simple person like myself to split test? Any free plugin? Can I do it by creating duplicate posts and use only Google Analytics? I am so frustrated right now.

Thanks in advance.

The core message of the crash course is to use all forms of marketing (or at least my biggest take away).

This makes a lot of sense (don't let Google or a social network own you), but...

Is affiliate marketing possible with paid traffic and alternate forms of marketing? Or are affiliate websites a bad business model?

I originally set out to build affiliate websites because it could provide me income from another country, with low overheads and no customer service. I'm making progress but there are no illusions: Google owns these sites. The advertisers come second. Then, if I'm lucky I get paid.

Are there any unbiased/not selling anything resources on the different internet business models? For example: is ecommerce the smarter option? Are SaaS businesses better (recurring revenue)?

Hello I'm a newbie and am afraid to ask dumb questions as well. Though I was wondering what are Buso members opinion on fiverr?

I am checking the options in regards to plugins, and they all cost like 40 bucks a month.

That's on the cheap end too. All the free ones are just crippled versions of premium ones that won't give you access to the results. The problem is that they have to do everything you described as being a pain in the butt easily for you while also replicating everything Google Optimize is doing while restricting it down to Wordpress and displaying results, and on and on. The "real" services cost more and can even ask you to point your DNS at their servers while running tests. It's a complicated thing to split test, and even more so when you think about how wild this question can become just on changing button colors - what goal do I want to track and is that possible to do automatically?

Is affiliate marketing possible with paid traffic and alternate forms of marketing? Or are affiliate websites a bad business model?

Does a bear take a dump in the woods and wipe his butt with a little fluffy white bunny rabbit? The original hustlers and ballers of affiliate marketing do and did only paid traffic. That's all Charles Ngo does still. Direct to landers, to flogs that link to landers, from Facebook and Outbrain to Plenty of Fish and any where else you can optimize a campaign.

This is more of a day job though. Constantly testing new offers, split testing lander elements, oh no an offer went down, this ad network rejected my ad, why is my CPC stupidly high for no reason, better optimize it, a competitor stole my ad, a competitor stole my lander, a competitor stole my flog, my affiliate network is shaving, gotta call the manager, etc.

Paid traffic is valid for just about anything where you have a high enough price per conversion that there's wiggle room to optimize a campaign. I know people that make it work on CPM ads of all things.

For example: is ecommerce the smarter option? Are SaaS businesses better (recurring revenue)?

How long is a piece of string? People are becoming millionaires with affiliate marketing, SaaS creation, eCommerce stores, even Adsense sites. They all work. You're thinking about this absolutely backwards. "Which method gets me to the most money?" You need to be thinking about "What vertical am I going to work in, how am I going to provide value to attract customers, and how am I extracting money from them?" Answering that will tell you what model of business to build. If you're trying to start with the model, you're pissing into the wind and don't even realized why you're getting wet.

Though I was wondering what are Buso members opinion on fiverr?

It has two R's on the end of it's name. Ask higher quality questions. What exactly do you want to ask? These broad, general questions are worthless. Get specific and you'll get great answers.

Hello I'm a newbie and am afraid to ask dumb questions as well. Though I was wondering what are Buso members opinion on fiverr?
It's quite simple. You get what you pay for.

I'm thinking of using an aged domain for my next site, however my target country is not the US.

Are there any issues I should be aware of if using a domain that has previously targetted US or international traffic and switching the geo targetting to my target country?

I'm confident the links would still be valuable but I'm more concerned about the geo target change impacting ability to rank in local SERPs.

Any insights on how Google treats domains that switch geo targets after many years?

I see Google has pushed a lot of people to the new search console.

2 things are missing which concerns me:
1. Change of Address
2. Disavow

Both are available if you know the old URLs but haven't been included as legacy tools.

Are we thinking that these are no longer useful (301s will suffice for a domain migration)? I know many here are religious about their disavows. Keen to hear your views.

Both are available if you know the old URLs but haven't been included as legacy tools.

On the bottom left of Search Console you can "Go Back to Old Version" or something like that and still access all of those tools. They've said on Twitter that they're still porting tools to the new Search Console and it's not finished, which is why we still have access to the old one.

They've also said they most likely will not be including the Disavow Tool. The story is that it can do more harm than good, but the truth is probably that they've used the data we gave them to train the algorithms and no longer need it.

What is the best way to be 100% sure that my domain redirects are set up correctly?

I have been using http://www.redirect-checker.org, which shows that they are good, but many other tools are giving me problems. I think it's down to DNS propogation and SSL issues so they should be sorted out in ~24 hours but... I want to make sure everything is good.

What is the best way to be 100% sure that my domain redirects are set up correctly?

I have been using http://www.redirect-checker.org, which shows that they are good, but many other tools are giving me problems. I think it's down to DNS propogation and SSL issues so they should be sorted out in ~24 hours but... I want to make sure everything is good.

The only other option is for you to change your computer's hosts file to make the domain point to the right IP address (just for you) so you can manually confirm the redirects are working. Otherwise, to spider them or check them with a tool, you'll have to wait for the DNS to finish propagating.

is domain register long enough but not starting out any projects, will count as new domain ? the domain was 2 years old, not build any single link. if that so, why many affiliate site with low-mid metric can get rank over keyword that they want, when i check out the aged of domain, much of them is 1 years +, so i guest they are not building a link regularly and just purchase the domain with 0 metrics and then build niche site on it.

what do you think? any experience on this kinda thing ?

Has anyone here ever used call tracking software, especially one that links up with Google Ads / Bing? I've gone looking at several different ones but not really sure which one to use.

Has anyone here ever used call tracking software, especially one that links up with Google Ads / Bing? I've gone looking at several different ones but not really sure which one to use.
Google Ads does have it's own call tracking/forwarding service: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/2382961

It can be used in call extensions and they also give you a javascript snippet which generates the forwarding number on your website as well: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/6095883

is domain register long enough but not starting out any projects, will count as new domain ? the domain was 2 years old, not build any single link. if that so, why many affiliate site with low-mid metric can get rank over keyword that they want, when i check out the aged of domain, much of them is 1 years +, so i guest they are not building a link regularly and just purchase the domain with 0 metrics and then build niche site on it.

what do you think? any experience on this kinda thing ?
As far as I know, if your domain is just "parked" with the registrar, it will still count as a new domain (as everyone can "harvest" age this way).

But if you actually build out a site and then let it sit (even without linkbuilding), it will start "aging". Hope that makes sense.

Sitebulb or Screming Frog? I like Sitebulb interface and how it presents data. But it just seems like a bit of a toy still.
I do like the crawl map map in SItebulb, makes explaining the topic easier.

Back