Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

Apologies if this has already been asked but is Amazon affiliate program all it's cracked up to be?

I was brainstorming some product ideas earlier and after reading the Amazon terms it seems the payout is 3% so for a $50 item so I'd make $1.50, however, if I use the leading ecom brand I'd make $7.50 for the same product!

So I guess my question is does the size of Amazon make up for the tiny commissions? For most the things I'm thinking of I'd need Amazon to drive 5 times more sales to make up for the decrease in commission.

Apologies if this has already been asked but is Amazon affiliate program all it's cracked up to be?

I was brainstorming some product ideas earlier and after reading the Amazon terms it seems the payout is 3% so for a $50 item so I'd make $1.50, however, if I use the leading ecom brand I'd make $7.50 for the same product!

So I guess my question is does the size of Amazon make up for the tiny commissions? For most the things I'm thinking of I'd need Amazon to drive 5 times more sales to make up for the decrease in commission.
I don't know what the others do, but if I can link somewhere besides Amazon and I have a realistic chance to make the sale, I will 100% link there.
Usually, I also add an Amazon option, I just don't sell it as much in my article.

Some people prefer Amazon because they "know" it. Luckily more and more people are willing to branch out these days. The more people are used to buying online, the less likely they rely on a "one-stop-shop", and the more they care about perceived price/quality.

I have a webshop that looks dreadful. Sells fine.

I'd use it as a "vendor of last resort", but also just go with it if you're new in a niche or a beginner in general.

I'm not quite sure how it works in the US, it seems like Amazon gets most shopping, but there has to be a lot of more niche webshops that you can sign up for.

Some points to use to sell those instead of Amazon are customer service, local, expertise, community etc.

You can add a blurb "Why we recommend shopping at Bobs Woodworking".

You can also use Amazon as a "proof of concept".

If you can sell the product on Amazon, you can sell it somewhere else, but it saves the time of setting up links and applying to programs, if its not going to convert well.

In general, you should always be looking at optimizing your most successful pages and products.

It's one of the most significant reasons why some affiliates succeed and others don't.

If you can raise the commission rate from 3% to 6%, you just doubled your earnings, with no additional traffic! It's huge and very important.

This all assumes you have traffic in the first place and conversions, which is why going with Amazon is fine to begin with. It gives you reliable product data as to what is converting and what isn't.

If you go with niche webshop affiliate programs, some will be duds, and you might not be experienced enough to discern if its not converting because of the product or the webshop.

Hey guys I was planning a new site with a friend and he is willing to invest 10k into a niche site and hoping it makes at least 2k in 2 years from now. What niche should I go in?? Any niches you guys recommend??

Hey guys I was planning a new site with a friend and he is willing to invest 10k into a niche site and hoping it makes at least 2k in 2 years from now. What niche should I go in?? Any niches you guys recommend??

Something promising, flights to Mars, for example:wink:

I have pretty low CTRs in if I'm ranking no. 1 in the SERPs.

I have checked two different keywords, where I'm ranking in the feature snippet. Both keywords are informational queries. GSC shows me a CTR of 7.3% for both queries. Besides the feature snippet, there aren't any additional search features.

Should the CTR not be more like 30% in the feature snippet?

I have pretty low CTRs in if I'm ranking no. 1 in the SERPs.

I have checked two different keywords, where I'm ranking in the feature snippet. Both keywords are informational queries. GSC shows me a CTR of 7.3% for both queries. Besides the feature snippet, there aren't any additional search features.

Should the CTR not be more like 30% in the feature snippet?

CTR definitely doesn't owe anything)
Perhaps users have enough information in the snippet to close their intent.
In addition, 7.3% is not a bad!

Question about Buyer Oriented Keyword like a review keyword.

Okay, let's assume we literally have a REALLY nice X Product Keyword Or Is X worth it? Keyword, Should I just majority of those articles on my site? Is this a bad idea to do? @Ryuzaki Need your thoughts on this, on some page I believe you said that sites that are all reviews/buyer oriented content get hit.

My question is, do you still get "hit" if the keywords are literally not targetted by many people or like 1 guy?
And even then let's say somehow it's not long term, what would you say is a good ratio/safe ratio to do buyer-oriented vs informational?? 50 - 50? or 70% info and 30% buyer??

A few years ago I redirected some pages to a different site. They did ok on the new site, and collected some new links, in addition to the links they gained on the old site. However, for various reasons, I now am closing the new site.

I’d like to move them back to the old site. What‘s best practice for redirecting them back to the original page on the original site and keeping as much SEO strength as possible? Would simply removing the reidirect from site 1-2 and then adding a new redirect from site 2-1 work?

What if (edge case, but I’ve got a couple of pages where it might be relevant) I want to redirect the pages on site 2 back to a different page on site 1? What do I do with the original site 1-2 redirect in this instance? Keep it in place and have a redirect chain, or change it so it also redirects to the new page on the original site?

What Metrics do I need to look out for in order to properly set-up my an Authority site? and what specific figures/numbers should I target as a startup? TIA!

Would simply removing the reidirect from site 1-2 and then adding a new redirect from site 2-1 work?
Yes. That'd be the right way to do it.

What if [...] I want to redirect the pages on site 2 back to a different page on site 1? What do I do with the original site 1-2 redirect in this instance? Keep it in place and have a redirect chain, or change it so it also redirects to the new page on the original site?
You're closing site 2. There's zero reason to maintain a redirect chain going through it. Make everything resolve where it should with the least redirect hops as possible.

You WILL have to keep site 2 live on some server if you plan on doing a bunch of redirects from it back to the original site. The site doesn't have to be live but you need .htaccess or whatever. So nothing changes for you in this 2nd scenario. Just create the redirects you want since you're already doing it to take care of the original set of redirects.

What level of importance would you give unique photo content?

Let's say you are unable to take your own quality photos for your niche, would it make sense to take stock/open source images and change them in some way so that they then become unique in the eyes of the almighty google? If so, any idea what that threshold is for the photo to appear "new"?

What level of importance would you give unique photo content?

Let's say you are unable to take your own quality photos for your niche, would it make sense to take stock/open source images and change them in some way so that they then become unique in the eyes of the almighty google? If so, any idea what that threshold is for the photo to appear "new"?
You can easily modify photos by adding filters / text / cropping a bit etc so that they are unique. Run a sample test on a free stock photo. Download, edit, and reverse Google Image search it to see if any results come up.

I make a lot of unique niche specific memes. I figure everyone likes a little bit of humor.

When you guys gather keywords from a low DR website in AHREFs (or in any other software, I suppose) do you pay attention to the KD scores given or the rankings? For example, if a DR 5 website is ranking in position #3 for a keyword with a KD of 35, do you disregard this keyword or do you target it based on the low DR website ranking so high? Say the page has 4 no-follow links from coupon sites and gmx.com- no legitimate links.

When you guys gather keywords from a low DR website in AHREFs (or in any other software, I suppose) do you pay attention to the KD scores given or the rankings? For example, if a DR 5 website is ranking in position #3 for a keyword with a KD of 35, do you disregard this keyword or do you target it based on the low DR website ranking so high? Say the page has 4 no-follow links from coupon sites and gmx.com- no legitimate links.
Target it based on the low DR site ranking high for it.

How effective is SurferSEO’s auditing tool in your experiences? I’m currently going through and optimizing all my posts but wondering if time can be better spent elsewhere.

How effective is SurferSEO’s auditing tool in your experiences? I’m currently going through and optimizing all my posts but wondering if time can be better spent elsewhere.

I've used it once with no success.

Imo it greatly underestimated the value of links in that particular query.

Question about link building. Is it worth spending time on generic social bookmark links, social profile links, directories, etc. AKA low quality, low hanging fruit?

Question about link building. Is it worth spending time on generic social bookmark links, social profile links, directories, etc. AKA low quality, low hanging fruit?
Yes!

Do as much as of this as you can n the beginning. Make it real too. Try to get a Google Places listing as well. Sign up for review sites etc. Share your site somewhere it gets natural clicks.

Matt Diggity, look up his YouTube, talks about which order of links to build and he recommends always doing social first.

I have no proof, but anecdotally I find sites that get a lot of shares can stay unupdated for longer. Maybe because the shares prove the content is still relevant.

I tested it and for my situation it wasn't worth it. I'm following the on-page guidelines of the digital crash course and get with them decent scores in Surfer. Most of the "missing" scores were related to my lack of links & domain authority.

I was wondering if this strategy is bad or not, I am going to be doing it. I basically find a product that pays out and is converting and I basically write 10-30 articles just to promote it.

Also, another question does anyone promote ClickBank products as their main sole source of income?? I always see people only promoting amazon or other physical product and display ads but rarely see clickbank products. (I ask cus I plan on promoting few clickbank products.)

I was wondering if this strategy is bad or not, I am going to be doing it. I basically find a product that pays out and is converting and I basically write 10-30 articles just to promote it.
I'm not sure how you'd manage to write 10-30 articles about a single product. You can write "best x for y" posts and recommend the product as an option in each post (where relevant), but this is the only way this would make sense. Writing the same posts and targeting the same keyword(s) over and over will just lead to issues and lots of wasted time.

Also, another question does anyone promote ClickBank products as their main sole source of income?? I always see people only promoting amazon or other physical product and display ads but rarely see clickbank products. (I ask cus I plan on promoting few clickbank products.)
Some people do. Although, the consensus nowadays is that many ClickBank products look spammy and are morally/ethically grey. If you can find good products to recommend then go for it. Just keep in mind, there's no point in directing people to a sales page for a ClickBank product that converts at 0.001%.

Back