Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

Degree
How many people click on links in Youtube video description? Does anyone have experience with that?

What's a ballpark average Youtube description links clickthrough rate?

Let's say we're talking about product reviews / best product lists.

I know it's a simple newb question. But I'm too stupid to find an answer for this on google - I don't know what the heck I should search for! Any answers/leads appreciated :D

Degree
is domain register long enough but not starting out any projects, will count as new domain ? the domain was 2 years old, not build any single link. if that so, why many affiliate site with low-mid metric can get rank over keyword that they want, when i check out the aged of domain, much of them is 1 years +, so i guest they are not building a link regularly and just purchase the domain with 0 metrics and then build niche site on it.

what do you think? any experience on this kinda thing ?

Degree
Has anyone here ever used call tracking software, especially one that links up with Google Ads / Bing? I've gone looking at several different ones but not really sure which one to use.

Degree
Has anyone here ever used call tracking software, especially one that links up with Google Ads / Bing? I've gone looking at several different ones but not really sure which one to use.
Google Ads does have it's own call tracking/forwarding service: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/2382961

It can be used in call extensions and they also give you a javascript snippet which generates the forwarding number on your website as well: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/6095883

Degree
is domain register long enough but not starting out any projects, will count as new domain ? the domain was 2 years old, not build any single link. if that so, why many affiliate site with low-mid metric can get rank over keyword that they want, when i check out the aged of domain, much of them is 1 years +, so i guest they are not building a link regularly and just purchase the domain with 0 metrics and then build niche site on it.

what do you think? any experience on this kinda thing ?
As far as I know, if your domain is just "parked" with the registrar, it will still count as a new domain (as everyone can "harvest" age this way).

But if you actually build out a site and then let it sit (even without linkbuilding), it will start "aging". Hope that makes sense.

Degree
Recently I had talks with a big player in my industry, looking for new employees.
They want to pay 500 dollars per person that signs with them.

I'm thinking of setting up a website to find profiles, and send them appropriate ones.
Right now they are my only "customer", but obviously if I make the jump I will expand.

There is a lot of competition, but I also know there is a big market.

I'm wondering if somebody else has experience with this. I tried to sell 50 dollars per promising lead. Tracking promising leads would have been easy. Each profile I send over is 50 bucks. But this was a no-go for them. They want a "guarantee" on results.
I do figure at least 1 out of 10 would sign anyway (otherwise you can't really call it "high quality").

My main issue is how can I control that they pay up properly? I mean, it seems hard to keep an eye on the agreement they make with the person I sent over.
I could follow up with the employee, but I imagine it ain't hard to just tell him/her to just tell me it didn't work out. I know it has happened to me in the past. I declined, but it just shows how easily it is done.
Any insights would be appreciated.

I do trust the person I had talks with. My main issue is when I expand to other customers.
Even tho I trust... I try to live by "Trust but verify".

Degree
Should I be disavowing the spammy nofollow image scraper sites?

Degree
Should I be disavowing the spammy nofollow image scraper sites?
You only need to disavow dofollow spam. And even then, with it being complete and obvious auto-generated trash, Google claims they can ignore it.

Degree
Recently I had talks with a big player in my industry, looking for new employees.
They want to pay 500 dollars per person that signs with them.

I'm thinking of setting up a website to find profiles, and send them appropriate ones.
Right now they are my only "customer", but obviously if I make the jump I will expand.

There is a lot of competition, but I also know there is a big market.

I'm wondering if somebody else has experience with this. I tried to sell 50 dollars per promising lead. Tracking promising leads would have been easy. Each profile I send over is 50 bucks. But this was a no-go for them. They want a "guarantee" on results.
I do figure at least 1 out of 10 would sign anyway (otherwise you can't really call it "high quality").

My main issue is how can I control that they pay up properly? I mean, it seems hard to keep an eye on the agreement they make with the person I sent over.
I could follow up with the employee, but I imagine it ain't hard to just tell him/her to just tell me it didn't work out. I know it has happened to me in the past. I declined, but it just shows how easily it is done.
Any insights would be appreciated.

I do trust the person I had talks with. My main issue is when I expand to other customers.
Even tho I trust... I try to live by "Trust but verify".

So you would be acting as the headhunter? Usually head hunters control the communications between the candidate and the client. You might want to include a clause in your contract that prevents the client from hiring referred leads while circumventing your commission

Degree
I have an online magazine-type of site.

I'm thinking about adding something like this: https://www.travelden.co.uk/15-most-dangerous-bridges-in-the-world-1

The headline is "15 mons dangerous bridges". And then create a new post for each bridge. (I guess that's what they are doing) So to see the next dangerous bridge, you will have to click the "next" button.

To increase my adsense revenue.

However, I am not sure if this would be seen as spammy/thin content by Google. The site is going quite well in terms of traffic and affiliate revenue. Would it be bad to implement above?

Do you have experience or input regarding this?

Degree
I have an online magazine-type of site.

I'm thinking about adding something like this: https://www.travelden.co.uk/15-most-dangerous-bridges-in-the-world-1

The headline is "15 mons dangerous bridges". And then create a new post for each bridge. (I guess that's what they are doing) So to see the next dangerous bridge, you will have to click the "next" button.

To increase my adsense revenue.

However, I am not sure if this would be seen as spammy/thin content by Google. The site is going quite well in terms of traffic and affiliate revenue. Would it be bad to implement above?

Do you have experience or input regarding this?
I think the URL you linked to actually gets treated as one page. It seems they're using page breaks which adds the number at the end of the URL when you click next. But it's all under the same post on WordPress (not separate posts).

I utilized that tactic on one of my older sites but I eventually changed it back to just one page because I personally don't like sites that do that (it's annoying) and I think it's bad user experience (especially if your site loads slowly and each page is stuffed with ads).

Ryuzaki

女性以上のお金
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
@Olov, it's not spammy, though as a user I refuse to click "next" ever. Some sites choose to have a "show all on one page" button, others will canonicalize all of the paginated pages to that "show all" page for Google. And then they use social media PPC to get suckers to click through the paginated series. It's called pagination, by the way.

If I was going to do this kind of thing, I'd do it with CPM ads, not CPC ads. That way you get paid for sure on each of those new page loads, instead of "maybe it increases the chance for me to get a click." I mean, I realized Adsense has some CPM involved now, but it's not enough to really justify this method, I don't think.

The only time I saw anyone really improve their earnings in a meaningful way with Adsense and pagination was when Adsense had those "right arrow buttons" embedded in the text ads. So they would trick the user into thinking that was the "next" button. So Adsense and these webmasters were defrauding advertisers, and this went on for like a year before it got enough public attention for Google to finally be forced to shut it down.

Jared

Breaking the Shackles of a Lifetime of Bummery
Degree
I've probably asked this before, but . . .

Does anyone here have an average monthly earnings, per article, of what they considerable acceptable? I realize it's going to vary dramatically, hence why I'm asking for average.

Let's say in October you produce 10 articles. What total monthly earnings would you need those articles to bring in to consider them a success?

Is an expectation of $15 average monthly earning per article I produce reasonable (taking into account good keyword research)?

Thanks.

Stones

BuSo Pro
Degree
That's pretty difficult to answer. If you are an expert in your field and providing in depth articles that answer the search intent and also promote that article you are going to want a higher return on investment than something you get written on Upwork.

Niches are different, types of content are different, funnels are built in different ways.

I think is a value judgement you gave to make yourself. Not the Nasser you were looking for I know, but... It depends