Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

Even with that meta charset="utf-8" tag in the middle of the anchor text, will Google know that the anchor text is actually "Big Red Widgets for Widget Collectors"?
Yeah, this has been discussed by Google in the past in other contexts where maybe a header has: <h2>Best Red Widgets for <b>Widget Collectors</b></h2> or even line breaks like <br />. They know how to strip all that out. It should be fine.

Hi all,

I'm changing the domain name of a website for branding reasons.

The existing website and old domain have only been live for a few months and there are no backlinks to it. The domain I'm replacing it with is new with no backlinks to it.

My questions relate to 301 redirecting. I am wanting to use a plugin to handle the redirects.

My understanding is that the plugin is installed on the old version of the website and domain (ie: olddomain.com) with individual redirects put in place there from the old domain redirecting any traffic to each corresponding page on the cloned new website and new domain (ie: newdomain.com). So the old domain and website remains live and left where it is but with redirects to the new website.

Is this correct?

And is there any significant downside to setting up the redirects in this way with a plugin compared to at the hosting account level?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hello – If you’re running a blog and are into acquiring/purchasing backlinks, would you rather send them to your homepage, specific pages, or a mixture? I’m curious if one strategy is more powerful than another when it comes to boosting DA.

My website is purely informational posts, so if I sent backlinks to specific pages, it would probably be to high-volume keywords that I already rank in the top 5 for. I appreciate everyone’s time for reading this.

When applying for mediavine, do they need the US traffic to be 50%? Or as long as my traffic is from US, UK, and canada.

My current traffic by country:
US - 49%
UK - 15.2%
Canada - 6.1%
the rest are teir 3 countries

Would I get in? I'm really close to meeting their requirements. Should I block some teir 3 countries to bump my US traffic to 50+%?

Hi all,

I'm changing the domain name of a website for branding reasons.

The existing website and old domain have only been live for a few months and there are no backlinks to it. The domain I'm replacing it with is new with no backlinks to it.

My questions relate to 301 redirecting. I am wanting to use a plugin to handle the redirects.

My understanding is that the plugin is installed on the old version of the website and domain (ie: olddomain.com) with individual redirects put in place there from the old domain redirecting any traffic to each corresponding page on the cloned new website and new domain (ie: newdomain.com). So the old domain and website remains live and left where it is but with redirects to the new website.

Is this correct?

And is there any significant downside to setting up the redirects in this way with a plugin compared to at the hosting account level?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
In your specific case I'd recommend not dealing with the redirects and starting fresh. It's just less overhead to have to maintain in the future. Yeah, you'd lose 3 months of lead time but do you really have a full 3 months or is it 1 month of tinkering with design and then 2 months of publishing in sequence and not all at once? If it's the 2nd case, I'd just start fresh.

Doing redirects with a plugin requires you to keep a hosting account live and a website installed so the plugin can operate. It's going to do PHP redirects most likely, which are slower (but not by an amount that matters).

You could scrape all your URLs or use your sitemap and then set up the redirects in the .htaccess (Apache servers) and not need to keep the website installed. It'd be faster and easier to maintain.

What you can't do (or I've never seen it) is do a boatload of redirects at the registrar. Maybe a few, but not 50 or 100. You could probably do it with Cloudflare but that's another layer of nonsense to deal with later.

Hello – If you’re running a blog and are into acquiring/purchasing backlinks, would you rather send them to your homepage, specific pages, or a mixture? I’m curious if one strategy is more powerful than another when it comes to boosting DA.

My website is purely informational posts, so if I sent backlinks to specific pages, it would probably be to high-volume keywords that I already rank in the top 5 for. I appreciate everyone’s time for reading this.
Let me write this question in a way that I think might make the answer more clear:

"If I want to rank a specific page, should I send links to the page I want to rank or to a different page?"

A mixture should happen ultimately, but that should happen naturally too.

Boosting your Moz DA metric is meaningless. I mean, yes, it loosely correlates with Page Rank, but boosting that metric by any means necessary will not improve your rankings in Google. Google and Moz aren't the same company, you know.

When applying for mediavine, do they need the US traffic to be 50%? Or as long as my traffic is from US, UK, and canada.

My current traffic by country:
US - 49%
UK - 15.2%
Canada - 6.1%
the rest are teir 3 countries

Would I get in? I'm really close to meeting their requirements. Should I block some teir 3 countries to bump my US traffic to 50+%?
You're fine, I think. 70.3% from Tier 1 countries is plenty. Don't forget Australia, too. But blocking any traffic would be silly in my opinion, even if temporarily. Mediavine will require you to give them access to your Google Analytics from which you'll generate a report for them to send to the ad networks.

You may get away with tricking them now but then you may need to continue blocking those countries and you'll just be hurting your revenue and having to maintain a state of paranoia to some degree. I'd just do it right, which you already are. I think you're fine.

Hi,
What software or app do I need to create checkbox thing like the image below?

AZcoiGR.png

Hello!

I'm currently doing some content writing on our Authority Site start-up.

I've done research on competing content and when I found one, I restructured, rephrased, and incorporated other methods on the article hoping to make an "original" content.

However when I ran the article thru SEO Blazer's plagiarism checker, a lot were still plagiarized with the "already existing" report on some or most phrases.

I also checked on those sentences/phrases with the "already existing" remarks but as far as I've researched, no articles used those phrases. Is it because the content or the LSI are pointing on the same context of the article?

How do you guys go around plagiarism after your efforts to build an original content based from your competitor's content? I'm kinda (a 100%) I never used the same phrases and content structure from that of my competitor, but we have almost the same context.

I'm kinda new with SEO stuff so I'll definitely appreciate all the pieces of advice and insights you'll pitch in ^_^.

In your specific case I'd recommend not dealing with the redirects and starting fresh. It's just less overhead to have to maintain in the future. Yeah, you'd lose 3 months of lead time but do you really have a full 3 months or is it 1 month of tinkering with design and then 2 months of publishing in sequence and not all at once? If it's the 2nd case, I'd just start fresh.

Doing redirects with a plugin requires you to keep a hosting account live and a website installed so the plugin can operate. It's going to do PHP redirects most likely, which are slower (but not by an amount that matters).

You could scrape all your URLs or use your sitemap and then set up the redirects in the .htaccess (Apache servers) and not need to keep the website installed. It'd be faster and easier to maintain.

What you can't do (or I've never seen it) is do a boatload of redirects at the registrar. Maybe a few, but not 50 or 100. You could probably do it with Cloudflare but that's another layer of nonsense to deal with later.

Let me write this question in a way that I think might make the answer more clear:

"If I want to rank a specific page, should I send links to the page I want to rank or to a different page?"

A mixture should happen ultimately, but that should happen naturally too.

Boosting your Moz DA metric is meaningless. I mean, yes, it loosely correlates with Page Rank, but boosting that metric by any means necessary will not improve your rankings in Google. Google and Moz aren't the same company, you know.

You're fine, I think. 70.3% from Tier 1 countries is plenty. Don't forget Australia, too. But blocking any traffic would be silly in my opinion, even if temporarily. Mediavine will require you to give them access to your Google Analytics from which you'll generate a report for them to send to the ad networks.

You may get away with tricking them now but then you may need to continue blocking those countries and you'll just be hurting your revenue and having to maintain a state of paranoia to some degree. I'd just do it right, which you already are. I think you're fine.
Ok, that’s good to know. While not having a direct correlation, I figured raising my DA in Ahrefs and Moz would be like “building a deeper moat” so to speak, making it more difficult for other articles to outrank me, while gradually raising the authority/power of my website posts in general (to some degree).

How is the bounce rate measured? If a website visitor lands on my article and clicks an affiliate link or an ad, is he bouncing? Or does it only count as a bounce if he is clicking back to the SERP?

Hello!

I'm currently doing some content writing on our Authority Site start-up.

I've done research on competing content and when I found one, I restructured, rephrased, and incorporated other methods on the article hoping to make an "original" content.

However when I ran the article thru SEO Blazer's plagiarism checker, a lot were still plagiarized with the "already existing" report on some or most phrases.

I also checked on those sentences/phrases with the "already existing" remarks but as far as I've researched, no articles used those phrases. Is it because the content or the LSI are pointing on the same context of the article?

How do you guys go around plagiarism after your efforts to build an original content based from your competitor's content? I'm kinda (a 100%) I never used the same phrases and content structure from that of my competitor, but we have almost the same context.

I'm kinda new with SEO stuff so I'll definitely appreciate all the pieces of advice and insights you'll pitch in ^_^.
There is a distinction to be made between "I don't use any of the same phrases in my content" versus "I copied everything about their content but changed the phrasing." The 2nd is plagiarism because you're stealing their ideas, the ways they've organized the ideas, their research and organization of the data that came out of it, etc.

But if it's not original data or original ideas it's far less clear cut. Rewritten content usually is fine when you're rewriting something that was rewritten, you know. How much effort you need to put into making a page unique depends on how much effort was put into the original page, which indicates the person is more likely to come after you for plagiarism. Just make sure you're presenting the content in a new way and it'll be fine, especially if it's not unique research on their part.

How is the bounce rate measured? If a website visitor lands on my article and clicks an affiliate link or an ad, is he bouncing? Or does it only count as a bounce if he is clicking back to the SERP?
A session bounces when the person only views one page of your site before leaving. That's through pressing the back button, by clicking a display ad, leaving through an affiliate link, etc. What is not a bounce is when they click to any other page on your site next.

Can Amazon Mechanical Turk be used for simple VA tasks such as clicking on links and checking that they don't give 404 or sold out?

YO guys so for best x for y posts right, I was wondering if I should do what most people do They have like a button saying click here to check price on Amazon and stuff like that right?

But at the moment on my site I have it like a text not a button. Do you think the user will trust the link more because I have it this way? I can make it like a cool button and stuff but I don't because that might look less honest or might make it look more salesy/affiliaty.

Thoughts on this? Will I lose money/not make as much money if I do my text style and not the button style?

YO guys so for best x for y posts right, I was wondering if I should do what most people do They have like a button saying click here to check price on Amazon and stuff like that right?

But at the moment on my site I have it like a text not a button. Do you think the user will trust the link more because I have it this way? I can make it like a cool button and stuff but I don't because that might look less honest or might make it look more salesy/affiliaty.

Thoughts on this? Will I lose money/not make as much money if I do my text style and not the button style?

Button is better.

A session bounces when the person only views one page of your site before leaving. That's through pressing the back button, by clicking a display ad, leaving through an affiliate link, etc. What is not a bounce is when they click to any other page on your site next.
Huh. Didn't know that. I thought it was only for hitting the back button.

Depends.

There's several reasons for why you might want to cloak.

Using a link manager like Pretty Links can be smart if you link to the same products across a lot of different posts, because then you just need to change it in one place if you get a 404 or if you switch to another network.

You might also want to cloak for tracking purposes if you're using some kind of third party analytics to get extra info in Google Analytics for example.

The last reason might be to hide the affiliate links. I think this is not a good idea, because it's a waste of time and it doesn't affect click through rates and Google won't be fooled by it.

I would cloak if it makes your job easier, not to hide links.
Thanks Bernard! Makes sense.

I removed all of my plugins that tracked outbound clicks (affiliate links are still being tracked). I need to find a good solution to track those with GA or GTM instead to not bloat the site with JS.

I'll keep it in mind, to use a solution if it makes my job easier or is a positive thing for the end user.

A button is catchier, but this might be something you need to test with your audience
Don't have traffic to test, the site is still new, but a text link just looks like "hey I was looking through Amazon and here I found this." Whereas buttons look like a paid ad.

Okay guys so there is this one keyword I found, medium comp. Best X For Y. I am wondering if I should do this KNOWING that my content will NOT be the best? Since I am not writing it and my writers are I already know it won't be the best so should I skip this keyword and write for keywords that I know that my writer will write better at?

How do people on here who use cheap writers like @JamaicanMoose rank on top? Because even if it's like decent, what if the top is done by writers who are experienced in their niche and stuff? There's no way you could beat that with cheaper writers especially. So, what would you do in this scenario??

Okay guys so there is this one keyword I found, medium comp. Best X For Y. I am wondering if I should do this KNOWING that my content will NOT be the best? Since I am not writing it and my writers are I already know it won't be the best so should I skip this keyword and write for keywords that I know that my writer will write better at?

How do people on here who use cheap writers like @JamaicanMoose rank on top? Because even if it's like decent, what if the top is done by writers who are experienced in their niche and stuff? There's no way you could beat that with cheaper writers especially. So, what would you do in this scenario??

You can use their original research in your own text. Use it a source, quote it, debate it, find data that supports or denies. Illustrate it.

Hug it to death, but dont link.

Sort of Random question regarding sandboxing. So you guys know how it takes like 12 months + for the websites you own to really get going with traffic right?

Say if I owned a website and uploaded like 50-70 articles on 2021/09/02 and like 3 days ago I found out that my posts had "Show posts in Google?" to no for Yoast plugin. and I recently turned that to yes. Would it take ANOTHER 12 months to get out of the sandbox or would it be much faster since it's already been up for a while? I mean it's webhosting niche so low chance if it's even going to rank but these posts have like proper images and stuff, no keyword research but I mean let's hope it gets some traffic.

Oh and bernard, I can write a better article myself but, I meant more so for my cheaper writers.

Oh and bernard, I can write a better article myself but, I meant more so for my cheaper writers.

Your cheaper writers should still be trained to write this kind of content anyway.

Any time I've been generous with citations, quotes and links, Google has rewarded that.

ay if I owned a website and uploaded like 50-70 articles on 2021/09/02 and like 3 days ago I found out that my posts had "Show posts in Google?" to no for Yoast plugin. and I recently turned that to yes. Would it take ANOTHER 12 months to get out of the sandbox or would it be much faster since it's already been up for a while?
It’s about the indexation time of the domain weakly and the individual content for most of it. So if you had noindex set on those articles you’re most likely starting the ti we from day zero. But if your site is old enough and trusted in general it won’t take any one article 12 months to age to maturity.

Back