How Does Reddit Detect Previously Banned Users?

Just curious because you seem to be a nice guy who will answer me without sarcasm or trolling which cannot be said for everyone here, do you still think with what you've learned lately "100% it will. I would just wait 1-2 montrhs before doing so because Reddit has Deep Learning." the comment you said earlier? Thank you.

Yes, i would wait some weeks before going back after moving out because Reddit has some user metrics they delete after some time.

You would probably just need a new computer and IP Range/Address to fully evade a reddit ban but i can't test that.

Yes, i would wait some weeks before going back after moving out because Reddit has some user metrics they delete after some time.

You would probably just need a new computer and IP Range/Address to fully evade a reddit ban but i can't test that.

Hmm, I know the Reddit App on mobile is the big giveaway. I wonder if you get a new comp and new IP and wait 60+ days…do you think we can try logging in to the iOS app again with new account details?

Hmm, I know the Reddit App on mobile is the big giveaway. I wonder if you get a new comp and new IP and wait 60+ days…do you think we can try logging in to the iOS app again with new account details?

Avoid Reddit Mobile App/Apps if you want to ban evade, they capture alot on information incluiding your device MAC Address.

Avoid Reddit Mobile App/Apps if you want to ban evade, they capture alot on information incluiding your device MAC Address.
There’s third party Reddit apps on Android and iOS (more on Android).

Say we create a fresh account on a new device and new IP. Wait a couple months. Log back in onto Reddit on the new account on a desktop that was previously used with a banned account. Or log in with the new account through a third party mobile app. I wonder if that’ll work just to circumvent the site-wide ban itself? It is just risky logging back in on desktops or mobile devices that had accounts permanently suspended before…also how credible is the “flush” of data Reddit stores which supposedly happens 90-120 days?

Say we create a fresh account on a new device and new IP. Wait a couple months. Log back in onto Reddit on the new account on a desktop that was previously used with a banned account. Or log in with the new account through a third party mobile app. I wonder if that’ll work just to circumvent the site-wide ban itself?

Idk, i just got banned with a Reddit message connecting my account to previous IPs and devices, so there is some metrics that they are using or that some people are 'harassing me' i planned to quick Reddit for good this month and give up on tests so i really not bothering anymore

Idk, i just got banned with a Reddit message connecting my account to previous IPs and devices, so there is some metrics that they are using or that some people are 'harassing me' i planned to quick Reddit for good this month and give up on tests so i really not bothering anymore
Yeah, probably an Apple ID ban as well if you’re on iOS. To totally overcome the ban, one must get a new computer/phone. Wait months for an IP change from home network if you’re not using VPN. The thing about IP ban as well is that they might have ban the “range” of the IP. Since most home networks have dynamic, the range changes with your ISP. Unless you get a new ISP, Reddit probably have metrics to check that. To be safe, even change the modem and router.

The 100 day IP deletion is true, as it states in their privacy policy. The only thing they’ll keep a data of is the IP you used to create the account. If it has been blacklisted on your other accounts, chances are they’ll get you if you ever connect to the same IP or IP range.

I have an external phone that only uses mobile data and has no Apple Sign in. I am able to create accounts on that phone and they haven’t been banned. But I’m not going to post on them after a couple of months.

Yeah, probably an Apple ID ban as well if you’re on iOS. To totally overcome the ban, one must get a new computer/phone. Wait months for an IP change from home network if you’re not using VPN. The thing about IP ban as well is that they might have ban the “range” of the IP. Since most home networks have dynamic, the range changes with your ISP. Unless you get a new ISP, Reddit probably have metrics to check that. To be safe, even change the modem and router.

The 100 day IP deletion is true, as it states in their privacy policy. The only thing they’ll keep a data of is the IP you used to create the account. If it has been blacklisted on your other accounts, chances are they’ll get you if you ever connect to the same IP or IP range.

I have an external phone that only uses mobile data and has no Apple Sign in. I am able to create accounts on that phone and they haven’t been banned. But I’m not going to post on them after a couple of months.

I dont think they blacklist IPs, but that they use a combination of fingerprinting, IP range and behaviour. If they blacklisted IPs a lot of users would be banned on mistake.

Bur you are right, it's dumb hard to and not worth the herculian effort. Im quitting my attempts after today, since it became pretty clear that you need freesh devices to be able to succesefully evade reddit bans.

Update: They now have a system on which the website will tell mods all your previous accounts and tells you are a ban evader. It's now next to impossible to evade a Reddit ban without a new device and IP Range.

They now do not allow you to evade a sitewide ban anymore, i was banned from 7 subreddits in the span of 24 hours, i gave up and deleted the account.

I wont waste my time with this website anymore, so if you guys find a money free solution, call me back.

Last edited:
waste my time

10 months of wasting time trying to get around bans to waste more of your time on Reddit. Imagine wasting the one resource you can't get back, time, to complain with other whiners about world. Jebus Christ.

lK7QgZu.jpg

They did you a favor, now go become a man and make something out of yourself. Or don't, no one cares or is coming to save you.

Hey,

I got perma banned on reddit and Im trying to get around it like this:

Im getting a whole different internet provider in a week so Im using a whole different IP for the new account and I´ll use my iPad.
I never logged into any of my reddit accounts on this iPad, its only connected to the same iCloud account as my banned iPhone.

1. Is this enough to avoid getting banned again?
Or are there any cookies / fingerprints crossovers etc I didnt think about?

2. How do I avoid to "infect" my new ip adress cuz I guess when Im logging into my banned account with the new IP it´ll also get infected.
Is it enough to delete the app or what should I do?

Maybe someone can help me I´d really appreciate it

Thanks

Update: They now have a system on which the website will tell mods all your previous accounts and tells you are a ban evader. It's now next to impossible to evade a Reddit ban without a new device and IP Range.

They now do not allow you to evade a sitewide ban anymore, i was banned from 7 subreddits in the span of 24 hours, i gave up and deleted the account.

I wont waste my time with this website anymore, so if you guys find a money free solution, call me back.
So the only way to get around the ban is using a different device and a different IP?

Hey,

I got perma banned on reddit and Im trying to get around it like this:

Im getting a whole different internet provider in a week so Im using a whole different IP for the new account and I´ll use my iPad.
I never logged into any of my reddit accounts on this iPad, its only connected to the same iCloud account as my banned iPhone.

1. Is this enough to avoid getting banned again?
Or are there any cookies / fingerprints crossovers etc I didnt think about?

2. How do I avoid to "infect" my new ip adress cuz I guess when Im logging into my banned account with the new IP it´ll also get infected.
Is it enough to delete the app or what should I do?

1. Technically it should be.

2. Dont log into the new IP with a banned account, VPN or not.

So the only way to get around the ban is using a different device and a different IP?
Yes, unless someone figured out the metrics they are using.

1. Technically it should be.

2. Dont log into the new IP with a banned account, VPN or not.

Yes, unless someone figured out the metrics they are using.
Thanks for the answer.
Yes I wont log in to any banned accounts with the new ip.
Is it enough to log out of the reddit accounts and then delete the reddit app on my iPhone and never download it again?

And what should I do on my pc to not "infect" the new ip?
Is logging out enough?

Tia

Thanks for the answer.
Yes I wont log in to any banned accounts with the new ip.
Is it enough to log out of the reddit accounts and then delete the reddit app on my iPhone and never download it again?

And what should I do on my pc to not "infect" the new ip?
Is logging out enough?

Tia

Delete the accounts if you can and never access/log into Reddit using your Iphone device.

Sorry to barge in, but is it accurate that after 6 months or so Reddit stops tracking IP addresses?

Edit: also is other info such as device id and cookies also deleted after 100 days?

Last edited:
Okay so I deleted the app on my phone and deleted all my cache and cookies on all my browsers. I hope it´ll work with the new iPad and the new IP and ofc a new reddit account

And does anybody know what I should pay attention to on my new account? Not subbing to the same subs as the banned accounts etc? Or doesnt it matter cuz I have a whole new IP and device?

Sorry to barge in, but is it accurate that after 6 months or so Reddit stops tracking IP addresses?

Edit: also is other info such as device id and cookies also deleted after 100 days?
Technically yes, but they potbably have other metrics. And IPs from accounts are stored forever in the server.

Okay so I deleted the app on my phone and deleted all my cache and cookies on all my browsers. I hope it´ll work with the new iPad and the new IP and ofc a new reddit account

And does anybody know what I should pay attention to on my new account? Not subbing to the same subs as the banned accounts etc? Or doesnt it matter cuz I have a whole new IP and device?
You should be fine with whatever you do. But i wouldnt use Reddit in a mobile device, now they have your MAC Address and you will be unable to create another account on that device in case it gets permabanned.

Hello, I work a lot with advertising through reddit. Since the end of November, something has changed in reddit. Maybe someone faced the problem.
I create account and also use some old with karma. Each profile has own fingerprint, proxy, title, content. No blocking occurs, i have even tried to upvote my own posts, everything is great. But when i start posting in subreddits, one of them detects me and half of my accounts get banned for ban evasion and other for "repeated violations of Reddit's content policy".
Maybe someone knows how else reddit will know that all accounts are connected? What other parameters they can track

Hello, I work a lot with advertising through reddit. Since the end of November, something has changed in reddit. Maybe someone faced the problem.
I create account and also use some old with karma. Each profile has own fingerprint, proxy, title, content. No blocking occurs, i have even tried to upvote my own posts, everything is great. But when i start posting in subreddits, one of them detects me and half of my accounts get banned for ban evasion and other for "repeated violations of Reddit's content policy".
Maybe someone knows how else reddit will know that all accounts are connected? What other parameters they can track

At what point would it actually be easier to just run Reddit Ads and not have to worry about all this shit? It's a pretty straight forward platform, you can pick the subreddit you want to promote in instead of fucking around trying to avoid bans.

At what point would it actually be easier to just run Reddit Ads and not have to worry about all this shit? It's a pretty straight forward platform, you can pick the subreddit you want to promote in instead of fucking around trying to avoid bans.
Or, devoting all the time and resources towards another platform that your IP isn't flagged on, such as Instagram, Twitter or Quora. If generating traffic is the goal, there are other options, and they can all be traffic leaked to some degree.

New Ban evasion tools. Check my comments.

Stop wasting your time on Reddit and go to Instagram and Facebook marketplace. Reddit hate it's userbase and it's going to die once subreddit mods and admins clash for the control of the website.

So you quite literally delete all previous banned accounts, get a new device (phone), contact isp and ask for a... static ip change? idk what to ask for specifically and then that's it? I can post and be able to use reddit as much as I want? I've gotten banned on my current phone and from the mobile app on it and any account I create after that gets banned within a day. Honestly I just wanna be able to use the app on my phone again and I imagine all I'd have to do is do the things I listed above

It would be great if someone could just simplify exactly what I should do and I imagine it would help others if theres a simplified way to get around it, I just wanna use reddit on my phone again.

Last edited:
It's just IP guys.

I'm abroad now and I can post in all my banned subs, where as before I got instabanned.

So you quite literally delete all previous banned accounts, get a new device (phone), contact isp and ask for a... static ip change? idk what to ask for specifically and then that's it? I can post and be able to use reddit as much as I want? I've gotten banned on my current phone and from the mobile app on it and any account I create after that gets banned within a day. Honestly I just wanna be able to use the app on my phone again and I imagine all I'd have to do is do the things I listed above

It would be great if someone could just simplify exactly what I should do and I imagine it would help others if theres a simplified way to get around it, I just wanna use reddit on my phone again.

You will be unable to because the Reddit App stores your MAC Address.

It's just IP guys.

I'm abroad now and I can post in all my banned subs, where as before I got instabanned.

It could work for people who arent active, but it surely wont for people who post alot.

You will be unable to because the Reddit App stores your MAC Address.

It could work for people who arent active, but it surely wont for people who post alot.

Yeah, I got shadowbanned after posting in a banned sub.

Back