How Does Reddit Detect Previously Banned Users?

Update: I was able to get caught by the subreddit mods and get suspended site/wide in 24 hours despite using a VPN and a browser with hardened fingerprinting settings thanks to the website the new Ban Evasion Detection tools.

So, now the only way to effectly ban evade is to get a new computer and router, fantastic.

...And i accidentaly lost my test accounts because i forgot to use a VPN.

If the account is banned from subreddits you would never use then it doesnt really matter. Also $18 is pretty cheap. There are accounts that go easily for +200$ I would have prefered to make a new account.
The account that i purchased, was created by a Bot. Looked like the Seller was in Russia. ANYWAYS, the account had already been banned on 9 forums so i chose to not pay for it. I'm not going to purchase an account that is already off to a bad start. APPARENTLY, Reddit is able to detect when a Bot is creating Threads. NOTE: Isn't it fascinating that Bots can now create Posts and start Threads...? Amazing~

The account that i purchased, was created by a Bot. Looked like the Seller was in Russia. ANYWAYS, the account had already been banned on 9 forums so i chose to not pay for it. I'm not going to purchase an account that is already off to a bad start. APPARENTLY, Reddit is able to detect when a Bot is creating Threads. NOTE: Isn't it fascinating that Bots can now create Posts and start Threads...? Amazing~

Right choice.

My advice? Go to the mall, and use one of the computers/cellphone to create a reddit account. Leave that account stopped for three months.

----

On my last post, i found out that Reddit somehow linked the accounts i was using and banned me for vote manipulation (albeit they dont say it) If i figure out how ot bypass this it might be possible to fully evade the reddit ban.

Update: I can confirm the VPN + Brave method no longer works. Seems that Reddit have updated their ban detection tools. The only way now i'm sure it works is changing your IP Range and getting a new computer.

Update: I can confirm the VPN + Brave method no longer works. Seems that Reddit have updated their ban detection tools. The only way now i'm sure it works is changing your IP Range and getting a new computer.
"VPN + Brave no longer works"...Back in July you said changing your IP and using Brave you can bypass site-wide bans but you still got banned from the subreddits. Are you now not even able to bypass the site wide ban?

I was Permabanned Monday. Switching off my router for 30 mins gives me a new IP address and I was hoping that + Brave would do. Covermytracks said Brave has a randomized fingerprint but AmIUnique shows me as unique to 825K :(

"VPN + Brave no longer works"...Back in July you said changing your IP and using Brave you can bypass site-wide bans but you still got banned from the subreddits. Are you now not even able to bypass the site wide ban?

Yes, it was working fine a couple weeks back but now i got multiple side-wide bans. I'm not sure why (could be because the IPs for the VPN i used are now flagged). They have been testing new evasion ban tools too. It's likely my IP is leaking.

I will have to work on new solutions.

The problem is that Reddit limits the ability to post from VPNs (they know you are using one)

I was Permabanned Monday. Switching off my router for 30 mins gives me a new IP address and I was hoping that + Brave would do. Covermytracks said Brave has a randomized fingerprint but AmIUnique shows me as unique to 825K :(

If you are unique to 828k computers then you are unique.

Just changing your router IP does not work. They just ban IPs within the range, you really need to get a new router.

If we knew which data Reddit uses to issue IP bans we could find easier workarounds. I have searched about Hardware ID bans, but im not sure if Reddit can actually see that data on desktop.

Reddit engineers could very well be watching this thread imo.

Yes, it was working fine a couple weeks back but now i got multiple side-wide bans. I'm not sure why (could be because the IPs for the VPN i used are now flagged). They have been testing new evasion ban tools too. It's likely my IP is leaking.

I will have to work on new solutions.

The problem is that Reddit limits the ability to post from VPNs (they know you are using one)

If you are unique to 828k computers then you are unique.
I'm not very technical but if AmIUnique glean enough data to show Im unique then I'm thinking Reddit will too.

Just changing your router IP does not work. They just ban IPs within the range, you really need to get a new router.
I'm wondering how you can be sure Reddit know what router you use. Let's say Reddit ban you based on device ID - changing your IP obviously wont evade the ban that doesn't seem like evidence that Reddit can see your router.

I've actually got a different IP router here, but I might have logged into Reddit at some point with it some months ago, so it might be blacklisted now from being linked to my banned account if you're correct.

Reddit engineers could very well be watching this thread imo.
It's possible engineers browse ban evade threads, and maybe even in their remit to research attack vectors from users. It's disappointing we dont seem to be able to keep our data private.

Have you tried disabling scripts in Brave Shields? When I disable scripts AMUnique cant return any data, it breaks, so scripts may hide critical data, but possibly Reddit would also be unusable if scripts is disabled. I dont want to try logging into Reddit with Brave until I've got my strategy worked out in case they link me to my banned out.

I'm not very technical but if AmIUnique glean enough data to show Im unique then I'm thinking Reddit will too.

Technically yes, but there must be some fingerprint data that Reddit sees that they use. I m now using more antifingerpinting methods that Brave dont cover to see if they work. Either that, or there's some data that Reddit uses that isnt just cookies, fingerprinting and IP address.

I'm wondering how you can be sure Reddit know what router you use. Let's say Reddit ban you based on device ID - changing your IP obviously wont evade the ban that doesn't seem like evidence that Reddit can see your router.

I've actually got a different IP router here, but I might have logged into Reddit at some point with it some months ago, so it might be blacklisted now from being linked to my banned account if you're correct.

Changing your Router changes your IP Range, which is why Reddit doesnt detect ban evasion with that.

It's possible engineers browse ban evade threads, and maybe even in their remit to research attack vectors from users. It's disappointing we dont seem to be able to keep our data private.

Have you tried disabling scripts in Brave Shields? When I disable scripts AMUnique cant return any data, it breaks, so scripts may hide critical data, but possibly Reddit would also be unusable if scripts is disabled. I dont want to try logging into Reddit with Brave until I've got my strategy worked out in case they link me to my banned out.

Yes, blocking scripts break the site.

Right choice.

My advice? Go to the mall, and use one of the computers/cellphone to create a reddit account. Leave that account stopped for three months.

----

On my last post, i found out that Reddit somehow linked the accounts i was using and banned me for vote manipulation (albeit they dont say it) If i figure out how ot bypass this it might be possible to fully evade the reddit ban.

I started a new account and seems to be working fine.
I got a new IP ADDRESS on my router, and use strict privacy settings in Brave.. Seems to be working fine (2 wks).

However, yesterday, i PO one of the mods and he banned me (for making an outrageous comment on their forum)..... bHAHAHAHA.. Truly a bunch of kids on Reddit. ~!

I got a new IP ADDRESS on my router, and use strict privacy settings in Brave.. Seems to be working fine (2 wks).

However, yesterday, i PO one of the mods and he banned me (for making an outrageous comment on their forum)..... bHAHAHAHA.. Truly a bunch of kids on Reddit. ~!
Are you using a VPN? As in when you created the account and every time you sign in?

You are probably fine because you are not an avid user.

It's impossible not to be banned from at least a single subreddit if you are active on the website. I was banned multiple times no reason in the past.

You are probably fine because you are not an avid user.

It's impossible not to be banned from at least a single subreddit if you are active on the website. I was banned multiple times no reason in the past.
Negative...i am a daily user on Reddit. There are some subs that i have been unable to find anywhere else.
Idiot mods... if i get their names, i will broadcast them all over the internet~

Negative...i am a daily user on Reddit. There are some subs that i have been unable to find anywhere else.
Idiot mods... if i get their names, i will broadcast them all over the internet~

Then you are just unlucky just like me, but yeah, if these mods didnt stay upwards of 12 hours a day on Reddit, ban evading would be considerably easier.

Without beign able to identify what is triggering reddit to flag my accounts again, im pretty sure im going to need to call my ISP to change my router... again.

Then you are just unlucky just like me, but yeah, if these mods didnt stay upwards of 12 hours a day on Reddit, ban evading would be considerably easier.

Without beign able to identify what is triggering reddit to flag my accounts again, im pretty sure im going to need to call my ISP to change my router... again.
Just change the IP address on the Router... then use Brave!

You know i'm also using a new Router...maybe that has something to do with it?

I already tried that and i already suggested that work around to you people somes pages ago.

It worked for a week and i got banned from the subreddits. Reddit locked me out of my banned accounts anyway. If i could get access to them, i could delete them.

I already tried that and i already suggested that work around to you people somes pages ago.

It worked for a week and i got banned from the subreddits. Reddit locked me out of my banned accounts anyway. If i could get access to them, i could delete them.
IF you have a new router, with a new IP #, and are using a FRESH 'BRAVE BROWSER'... blocking all finger prints...How can they possibly block you?
We need more experienced input... makes no sense ~

We need more experienced input

Unless you are not paying attention, a new router isn't the answer. Your computer has signatures that are unique, like the fonts. We've been going on about this for 5 pages.

You literally are wasting your time and money with a new router. You literally could've have turned off your router for several hours and got a new IP address, and that STILL wouldn't solve your problem.

At a certain point smart peoples stop responding cause you didn't bother reading what has been written before.

I just got my account banned for "ban evasion" even though i did not ban evade (lol), im feeling that the VPN im using isnt working anymore, so im going to call my ISP for an IP change and try using Brave with hardened fingerprint settings and see where that goes.

At this point i believe it's because of their new anti fingerprint settings. I upvoted a post from a sub i was banned from and that could be the culprit, because i wasnt banned from that sub.

If anyone another method or ways to fully randomize your fingerprinting shoot in.

IF you have a new router, with a new IP #, and are using a FRESH 'BRAVE BROWSER'... blocking all finger prints...How can they possibly block you?
We need more experienced input... makes no sense ~

Probably IP leaking, im not sure. I wasnt banned from the subreddits i was banned previously.

Unless you are not paying attention, a new router isn't the answer. Your computer has signatures that are unique, like the fonts. We've been going on about this for 5 pages.

You literally are wasting your time and money with a new router. You literally could've have turned off your router for several hours and got a new IP address, and that STILL wouldn't solve your problem.

At a certain point smart peoples stop responding cause you didn't bother reading what has been written before.

I can confirm that changing your ISP/Modem works to a certain degree (you can see details in previous pages), but they can still filter your posts with the new ban evasion tool.

If i had access to my locked acciunts and delete them, i could theoritically fix the issue.

Last edited:
I just got my account banned for "ban evasion" even though i did not ban evade (lol), im feeling that the VPN im using isnt working anymore, so im going to call my ISP for an IP change and try using Brave with hardened fingerprint settings and see where that goes.

At this point i believe it's because of their new anti fingerprint settings. I upvoted a post from a sub i was banned from and that could be the culprit, because i wasnt banned from that sub.

If anyone another method or ways to fully randomize your fingerprinting shoot in.

Probably IP leaking, im not sure. I wasnt banned from the subreddits i was banned previously.

I can confirm that changing your ISP/Modem works to a certain degree (you can see details in previous pages), but they can still filter your posts with the new ban evasion tool.

If i had access to my locked acciunts and delete them, i could theoritically fix the issue.
Why do you need to fix your old account.. ?
IF your user name is banned, i don't see how you can gain access?
?

Deleting your account make it no longer appear on subreddits ban list.
nope. you can still get "not approved" ie you can comment but can't post. reddit got deep learning super man. our job is done with reddit.

Back