How Does Reddit Detect Previously Banned Users?

I think you can message the mods.
How many forums were you on?

I already tried sending a request to Reddit. It seems that Suspended accounts get locked by Reddit after a while so you cant access them if you keep appealing.

nope. you can still get "not approved" ie you can comment but can't post. reddit got deep learning super man. our job is done with reddit.

Deleting your account removes you from subreddits ban list, meaning that subreddit moderators cant apply bans to you. Admins still can.

Deleting your account removes you from subreddits ban list, meaning that subreddit moderators cant apply bans to you. Admins still can.
It sicks man. I can't anymore post to subs that I was banned from. This deep learning thingo is pretty strong. I'm not even spamming anymore. :(

even if you delete that banned account.
I feel like this deserves a new post of its own. I'm not a ML engineer. So, if we've someone here, it'd be really helpful. How to bypass it? Is it tracking our way of writing? Is it tracking our area perimeter? I know we don't know the exact reddit's way of that, but we know general ways deep learning system could work.
It's really bothering me. There are few communities that I'd like to contribute to but they're auto removing my posts and coincidentally, I was banned from all of them a few months or so ago.
I'll tell the sub name for you to go and try there to post if I'm allowed to tell.

even if you delete that banned account.
I feel like this deserves a new post of its own. I'm not a ML engineer. So, if we've someone here, it'd be really helpful. How to bypass it? Is it tracking our way of writing? Is it tracking our area perimeter? I know we don't know the exact reddit's way of that, but we know general ways deep learning system could work.
It's really bothering me. There are few communities that I'd like to contribute to but they're auto removing my posts and coincidentally, I was banned from all of them a few months or so ago.
I'll tell the sub name for you to go and try there to post if I'm allowed to tell.

Read the other pages, they use multiple data like IP Address, Deep Learning and Fingerprinting. The real question is if whever there's any method to bypass the bans without the need of a new computer and IP range.

Taking opportunity to confirm that reporting, upvoting and downvoting threads from subreddits you are banned now gets you banned (this fucking website, im telling you).

Whomever, i think i now have confirmation that deleting your banned accounts will avoid sitewide suspensions. I just need Reddit admins to unlock my accounts.

Read the other pages, they use multiple data like IP Address, Deep Learning and Fingerprinting. The real question is if whever there's any method to bypass the bans without the need of a new computer and IP range.

Taking opportunity to confirm that reporting, upvoting and downvoting threads from subreddits you are banned now gets you banned (this fucking website, im telling you).

Whomever, i think i now have confirmation that deleting your banned accounts will avoid sitewide suspensions. I just need Reddit admins to unlock my accounts.
that's not very clear man, IP address, fingerprinting, I bypassed all of them easily. I'm asking the components used in deep learning. How would you get reddit admins to unlock your accounts? It's actually very painful to bypass. Tedious as well. It's harming my brain.

I'm not even spamming anymore.
It's harming my brain.

So you WERE spamming, got caught, and now are complaining their system is too good at catching and punishing spammers. Honestly it sounds like a job well done on Reddit's part.

If you aren't making money off of Reddit why the fuck are you wasting your time on that site?

You people waste so much time, energy, and your youth on social media and entertainment - that brings so little value to your wallets or future, it's mind-boggling.

Reddit was created for whining.

Concentrate on your life goals for your future. Go make $10 million dollars and come back years later. You'll be a changed person. I guarantee you that you see how much time you've wasted talking to a bunch of other whiners on the internet - about nothing.

I'm actually spamming tho so my problem is a little different. I use reddit to make money, I advertise my site by sending chats/dm to over 50+ people everyday. I've been doing that for the past 2 years. Usually it takes the account that I'm spamming with 1-2 months for it to get temporarily or permanently banned, I would just clear my cookies and I'm good to spam again. Ever since September 15th 2022 I can no longer spam without getting temporarily suspended within 2-3 hours for "Spamming Chats". Keep in mind these accounts aren't new accounts these are accounts with 6+ months of history with 2k+ Karma. I've lost 7 of these accounts since then.

Method 1: I tried changing the wording of my spam. (Doesn't work)

Method 2: I thought my PC was device banned so I used my phone and still got temp banned again within a few hours.

Method 3: I Didn't spam for two days then I changed my ip address by switching my router off and I also did Method 1.( This worked for 5 days then the account got suspended)

I tried doing method 1 and 3 again for my third account IT DID not work at a ALL this time. It got banned within a few hours. I thought the whole problem was reddit knowing my ip address, but now im not even sure.

Keep in mind after each account gets temp/perm banned I completely abandon it and use a whole different account. I have specific subreddits where I spam these messages so it could be a possibility they're banning my other accounts based on that similar behavior. But of course I'm not sure.

If anyone has a theory on why my accounts keep getting banned so quickly when they almost never used to get banned at all let me know. So far it's looking like IP isn't the problem, still not sure if I'm device banned. It could also be mods/users reporting me multiple times not sure tho.

Last edited:
Reddit tells you flat out that you can "spam" freely if you do one thing: keep your ratio of self-promotion at a 1-to-10. Meaning you only promote your own sites once for every 9 other submissions. If you can't manage to do that, well... All you have to do is submit celebrity pictures and dog pictures and dumb crap, and you can promote your site all day long. They're giving you free reign, if you'll just at least pretend to care about the rules.

To the other idiots not even trying to make money but are just that invested into arguing with the complete morons that populate Reddit, holy shit. There's dozens of forums for every niche out there. There's Reddit clones. There's 4chan. There's Twitter. There's a million places to talk about whatever you want to talk about. That's not what you want to do, though, despite the claims. You want to piss people off and you can't stand that they beat you, so now you're filling up this dumb ass thread with guess work on how to bypass their ban evasion methods, even though we gave you the answer on page one.

Find something else to do. Anything else would be more productive. Make money. Play video games. Watch a movie. Argue anywhere else on the internet. Being obsessed with Reddit, where the dumbest, most biased, most echo-chambered people reside... They don't want you there. They've made it blatantly clear. Go somewhere else. Take the hint. We don't mind you being here, but you're not here to discuss business. You found this thread through Google. You're no more a part of this community than you are a part of Reddit. Get a damn grip and find something else to do with your lives. Good god, people.

Reddit tells you flat out that you can "spam" freely if you do one thing: keep your ratio of self-promotion at a 1-to-10. Meaning you only promote your own sites once for every 9 other submissions. If you can't manage to do that, well... All you have to do is submit celebrity pictures and dog pictures and dumb crap, and you can promote your site all day long. They're giving you free reign, if you'll just at least pretend to care about the rules.
I don't make submissions though I just straight up spam chat people. I'm trying to figure out WHY am I getting banned now when I've been doing it with a numerous amount of accounts since 2 years ago. Is there some sort of new reddit update or anything? If anyone has a idea let me know.

that's not very clear man, IP address, fingerprinting, I bypassed all of them easily. I'm asking the components used in deep learning.

Deep Learning is programming, you cant really counter that.

How would you get reddit admins to unlock your accounts? It's actually very painful to bypass. Tedious as well. It's harming my brain.

They have a Support Request Forum. But i believed they blacklisted my email cuz i dont get replies.

I'm actually spamming tho so my problem is a little different. I use reddit to make money, I advertise my site by sending chats/dm to over 50+ people everyday. I've been doing that for the past 2 years. Usually it takes the account that I'm spamming with 1-2 months for it to get temporarily or permanently banned, I would just clear my cookies and I'm good to spam again. Ever since September 15th 2022 I can no longer spam without getting temporarily suspended within 2-3 hours for "Spamming Chats". Keep in mind these accounts aren't new accounts these are accounts with 6+ months of history with 2k+ Karma. I've lost 7 of these accounts since then.

Well, you just told us why you cant bypass subreddit bans, it's really essy for Reddit to detect spamming and thew whole website has rules agaisnt self promotion.

Reddit only likes users that generate content, they absolute hates spamming and promotional stuff. If you want to promote your website on Reddit, you need to contact their bussiness page or go very slow with your promotion, otherwise you are going to keep getting banned.

Method 1: I tried changing the wording of my spam. (Doesn't work)

Method 2: I thought my PC was device banned so I used my phone and still got temp banned again within a few hours.

Method 3: I Didn't spam for two days then I changed my ip address by switching my router off and I also did Method 1.( This worked for 5 days then the account got suspended)

I tried doing method 1 and 3 again for my third account IT DID not work at a ALL this time. It got banned within a few hours. I thought the whole problem was reddit knowing my ip address, but now im not even sure.

Keep in mind after each account gets temp/perm banned I completely abandon it and use a whole different account. I have specific subreddits where I spam these messages so it could be a possibility they're banning my other accounts based on that similar behavior. But of course I'm not sure.

If anyone has a theory on why my accounts keep getting banned so quickly when they almost never used to get banned at all let me know. So far it's looking like IP isn't the problem, still not sure if I'm device banned. It could also be mods/users reporting me multiple times not sure tho.

2: It's easier for Reddit to tell who you are when you are on the phone app because they have access to more intricate info like your phone MAC Address.

3: Just changing your IP Address doesnt work. And if you keep spamming the same website they will link your accounts to the banned ones.

So you WERE spamming, got caught, and now are complaining their system is too good at catching and punishing spammers. Honestly it sounds like a job well done on Reddit's part.

If you aren't making money off of Reddit why the fuck are you wasting your time on that site?

You people waste so much time, energy, and your youth on social media and entertainment - that brings so little value to your wallets or future, it's mind-boggling.

Reddit was created for whining.

Concentrate on your life goals for your future. Go make $10 million dollars and come back years later. You'll be a changed person. I guarantee you that you see how much time you've wasted talking to a bunch of other whiners on the internet - about nothing.
Honestly, I want this mindset. There are few forums in reddit I want to ask questions only (not participate). I don't care that I got banned from a movie gossip subreddit/forum. I'm reading research papers but they're not telling how to bypass that easily. It's country specific subreddit that I want to get approved on. Hopefully, after few 100 days.

Working by learning online from home has been challenging and I am not in a phase where I can afford extra cabins outside. I really want to learn about these but not sure if I can ask these here. I'm also planning to do course if any.

I want this mindset.

The only thing you can control in this world is your mind. YOU have to make a decision to change.

I really want to learn about these but not sure if I can ask these here. I'm also planning to do course if any.
This is ridiculous. Reading courses and studying more crap, diving into forums and more information is NOT taking action. The only thing that's taking action is getting out in the trenches, trying, failing, and continue failing.

You people use reading books, courses, and just reading nonsense as a crutch. It's procrastination. You are full of FEAR. It's mental masturbation - you think/want to pretend you have to know everything in a niche/industry or field in order to take action within in and succeed.

You think Steve Jobs sat there and read everything about computers before starting Apple? Do you think John D. Rockefeller read everything about oil before going out and starting his empire? NO. They just took action.

What happened to you people's balls?

Ironically if you do gain a ton of information, you'll then have paralysis by over-analysis, cause you have TOO MUCH info. Again more procrastination.

Your response is a perfect example of why Reddit is for whining and complaining. It's all waste of time mental masturbation so you don't have to take action. You are hanging out with a bunch of losers that sit there jacking themselves off to each other not taking action and just complaining all day, gossiping like schoolgirls about whatever is going on in the world.

How does that help you, your future, your family, or aid your goals? (If you even have life goals written down)

Either you want to win or you don't. If you have access to the internet and can ready my words in this post you can make millions of dollars on the internet with freely available information. You are using Reddit as a crutch.

Billions of dollars on the internet exchange hands daily and you are whining about a Reddit forum ban. Cause you aren't serious.

Do you want to win at life or NOT? Then get to fucking work or go back to Reddit to waste your time and energy.

Update: I've got banned despite not participaring or interacting with banned subreddits.

They just claimed i was: " evading a subreddit ban" but didnt say which one (lol). So yeah, they indeed have got the ban evading tools better it seems.

The only thing you can control in this world is your mind. YOU have to make a decision to change.

This is ridiculous. Reading courses and studying more crap, diving into forums and more information is NOT taking action. The only thing that's taking action is getting out in the trenches, trying, failing, and continue failing.

You people use reading books, courses, and just reading nonsense as a crutch. It's procrastination. You are full of FEAR. It's mental masturbation - you think/want to pretend you have to know everything in a niche/industry or field in order to take action within in and succeed.

You think Steve Jobs sat there and read everything about computers before starting Apple? Do you think John D. Rockefeller read everything about oil before going out and starting his empire? NO. They just took action.

Ironically if you do gain a ton of information, you'll then have paralysis by over-analysis, cause you have TOO MUCH info. Again more procrastination.

Your response is a perfect example of why Reddit is for whining and complaining. It's all waste of time mental masturbation so you don't have to take action. You are hanging out with a bunch of losers that sit there jacking themselves off to each other not taking action and just complaining all day, gossiping like schoolgirls about whatever is going on in the world.

How does that help you, your future, your family, or aid your goals? (If you even have life goals written down)

Either you want to win or you don't. If you have access to the internet and can ready my words in this post you can make millions of dollars on the internet with freely available information. You are using Reddit as a crutch.

Billions of dollars on the internet exchange hands daily and you are whining about a Reddit forum ban. Cause you aren't serious.

Do you want to win at life or NOT? Then get to fucking work or go back to Reddit to waste your time and energy.

I have to agree with the statement, using Reddit or any social media is a waste of time.

The only people who profit from using Reddit is the admins, employees and powermods.

You may use Reddit to get help with hobby and information but even that can be a waste of time due to how of an echo chamber the site has become.

I don't want to debate the merits of using or not using reddit... I simply wonder if getting a new computer and moving to a new house using a new router would be enough, or if they'd still detect that. Thank you.

I don't want to debate the merits of using or not using reddit... I simply wonder if getting a new computer and moving to a new house using a new router would be enough, or if they'd still detect that. Thank you.

100% it will. I would just wait 1-2 montrhs before doing so because Reddit has Deep Learning.

Okay, thanks, I'm not going to move any time soon, I can take a break from reddit. But the concept of NEVER being able to use it again, when I use some reddits to manage my drug and alcohol addictions, kinda makes me sad. So I'm wondering, what should I do to make SURE I don't get detected and permabanned again when I DO move? I own two laptops and one android phone, all of which have connected to reddit. When I move house, I'm guessing - never use any of these devices to connect to reddit - but how deep does it go? Would merely using these computers at the new residence get me "caught" and associated, even if I never go to reddit on them?

Basically, what are all the steps and precautions I need to take so that when I do move house, I don't get banned? I hope the answer isn't to never use my two laptops and phone at the new residence - I can handle upgrading my 2017 macbook to a new one in order to use reddit again, but if I must avoid logging onto the network with my android phone and old windows laptop, even if I never type in the address reddit on those devices again, I'd like to know. Please tell me! Thank you.

Would merely using these computers at the new residence get me "caught" and associated
Reddit has your fingerprints and personal DNA logged with every key stroke. They know when you are
sleeping. They know when you're awake. They knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake!

Your questions has been answered multiple times in this thread. I think a lot of you guys assume Reddit is magical and has some sort of omnipresence to whoever touches the internet.

Your computer has a unique fingerprint, just based off the Fonts and Canvas outputs alone. So clearly you need a new computer. That should be CRYSTAL CLEAR.

Your IP Address is your IP Address - Due to IP addresses running out most ISP switch to "private network - mumbo-jumbo", and now multiple people can have the same IPv4 Address while surfing the internet. But not the same computer fingerprint.

You people haven't even bothered discusses the IPv6 trick to tracking users. Google IPv6 leak and prepare to freak out more. People were disabling IPv6 back on WickedFire days for privacy - 10+ years ago, soooo, good luck with that.

Whether there is some magical voodoo that communicates with each computer that's ever been connected to your home route - again magic, I mean jesus christ this is not how shit works guys.

Good shit CCarter. Naval Ravikant, the founder or AngelList, said that Intelligence is being able to get what you want out of life. It involves two things, knowing what you want, and knowing how to get it and putting in the work.

Some people think they know what they want, but are mislead or are just fooling themselves.

Others know what they want, but are not willing to learn how to get there or put in the effort required. This is scary, as it involves actually failing and finding out where you really stand in the world.

One might think that they're a "10" but until they talk to women, they won't know how attractive of a man they are. Finding out that you're a "3" is scary, humbling, and freeing. It's also a sign of maturity and growth.

Likewise, one might think they're talented and have a great startup, but it is only when they test their idea and present it to the market that they find out that no one cares about their idea. This frees them from the attachment to the idea as well as allows them to test and iterate the idea until they do have product/market fit.

Some people just can't stomach this. We call them employees. They need to be given an idea to promote with safety and comfort. If you give them what they want, which is security, peace of mind, and a good life, they'll be loyal to you. The rest of the profits are rightfully yours.

Anyways, I digress here. To go along with this thread, if you're looking at how to scam reddit to get traffic after you've been banned, you're doing it wrong. Stop trying to force your site on reddit's users. Make something interesting and good so that they promote your site for you ‍♂️

There's a thing called social value. If you have to trick a site to promote your shit, it is because it has no value and you're going against the flow. If your site does have social value, it will promote itself, as people want what is valuable. Let's say it has 100 value credits and you're selling it for 20 value credits. The user then will get 80 value credits in satisfaction. If your employee is paid 10 value credits to do the work, you keep 10 value credits yourself in profit.

On reddit, shit is free. If it provides 5 value credits in entertainment, it'll get shared. I'm not an expert in this but ask questions such as "Who is this content for and if someone shares this piece of content, what would it say to their peers about them?" People often times share content to express stuff to their network. Or "what trends are going on right now that I can tap into with my own voice, so that I can add value to the conversation that is going on?" I know a company that got covered on CNN due to revenge travel. It was happenstance but they did get it. You can try minimalism, coins, gentrification, public transportation, anything. There's tons of trends.

That's how shit works people. You're making shit harder than it needs to be.

There you go CCarter. Back to you.

Okay, thanks, I'm not going to move any time soon, I can take a break from reddit. But the concept of NEVER being able to use it again, when I use some reddits to manage my drug and alcohol addictions, kinda makes me sad. So I'm wondering, what should I do to make SURE I don't get detected and permabanned again when I DO move? I own two laptops and one android phone, all of which have connected to reddit. When I move house, I'm guessing - never use any of these devices to connect to reddit - but how deep does it go? Would merely using these computers at the new residence get me "caught" and associated, even if I never go to reddit on them?

Basically, what are all the steps and precautions I need to take so that when I do move house, I don't get banned? I hope the answer isn't to never use my two laptops and phone at the new residence - I can handle upgrading my 2017 macbook to a new one in order to use reddit again, but if I must avoid logging onto the network with my android phone and old windows laptop, even if I never type in the address reddit on those devices again, I'd like to know. Please tell me! Thank you.
Jesus, moving houses to prevent reddit from detecting multi accounts? fucking lol.

multilogin.com + brightdata.com (or manually resetting 4G connection) = done

Test your setup with pixelscan.net after.

But they probably just dialled down their maximum private messages per account and that is what gets you detected and banned.

When using reddit with a Phone they have access to your device MAC Adress, if you got banned on Reddit while logged in with your phone you can not use it again if you plan to ban evade.

So if you want to guarantee, just get new devices instead.

Jesus, moving houses to prevent reddit from detecting multi accounts? fucking lol.

multilogin.com + brightdata.com (or manually resetting 4G connection) = done

Test your setup with pixelscan.net after.

But they probably just dialled down their maximum private messages per account and that is what gets you detected and banned.
Interesting, i might try this later. Any tutorial on how to set that up?

I'm not moving BECAUSE reddit banned me, I'm moving anyway in a matter of months, so I figured I'd wait until I move and get a new computer, if that alone will make me safe. I don't think reddit knows my every thought or whatever, man, I'm just asking what I could do to potentially use the site again.

No need to laugh at me and characterize me as some joke, I merely want a place to discuss my addictions to alcohol and drugs and I don't really have a replacement forum.

Doesn't this multilogin brightdata solution cost a lot of money anyway? It's not like im investing money to be able to use reddit again - my house lease is simply up and I'll be moving houses. My laptop is old. I can hold out and wait until i move and get a new laptop to use reddit again, if that alone will work. That's all I'm asking. I'm not going to invest in this expensive solution of https://multilogin.com/pricing/ or whatever.

Doesn't this multilogin brightdata solution cost a lot of money anyway? It's not like im investing money to be able to use reddit again - my house lease is simply up and I'll be moving houses. My laptop is old. I can hold out and wait until i move and get a new laptop to use reddit again, if that alone will work. That's all I'm asking. I'm not going to invest in this expensive solution of https://multilogin.com/pricing/ or whatever.

I just checked both are required money. It could work but it's not worth spending money just to go back to Reddit to be banned again by some mod/automated tool.

I tried getting into contact with reddit.com with their submit forum request but they clearly have blocked me or have no interest in responding. I at least can confirm that Brave and VPN no longer works. Time to try other solutions.

I'm not moving BECAUSE reddit banned me, I'm moving anyway in a matter of months, so I figured I'd wait until I move and get a new computer, if that alone will make me safe. I don't think reddit knows my every thought or whatever, man, I'm just asking what I could do to potentially use the site again.

No need to laugh at me and characterize me as some joke, I merely want a place to discuss my addictions to alcohol and drugs and I don't really have a replacement forum.

050-056c026d-1c66-4d42-9fae-a8e96df290c5-1020x1189.jpg

I just checked both are required money. It could work but it's not worth spending money just to go back to Reddit to be banned again by some mod/automated tool.

I tried getting into contact with reddit.com with their submit forum request but they clearly have blocked me or have no interest in responding. I at least can confirm that Brave and VPN no longer works. Time to try other solutions.
Just curious because you seem to be a nice guy who will answer me without sarcasm or trolling which cannot be said for everyone here, do you still think with what you've learned lately "100% it will. I would just wait 1-2 montrhs before doing so because Reddit has Deep Learning." the comment you said earlier? Thank you.

Back