CC9 - Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually pretty insane, in one month i can make a site go from basically nothing to 20k views AND make revenue.

Im actually mind blown

This might be surprising to you and is surprisingly hard for me -
I have chosen to list my fitness site for sale.

Reason:
Right now, I have to admit that I hate the fitness industry. I actually have wanted to get away from that industry for personal reasons.

I Want to take the money from the sale to invest into bigger projects.

I will take the profits from the sale and my new knowledge and drive to really do some damage and take things to a far greater level - in another niche.

That being said ....
Yes, if it does not go for the right price, I will carry on pushing.

What I achieved so far
This was a RIDE
From January to now, I was able to build the site from a few measly views and $1 in adsense
(YES, you read that right) to over 20K pageviews and a bit over 180$ in march alone.

Wait .. 181 US$ - let's be exact here :D
I sold two adspaces on the site and amazon revenue is growing.

Thanks to ALL of you who helped me get here - CCarter, all the CC9 peeps, emp, Badya, and of course MetaData for creating this place.

Last edited:
@Pheasant
LOL - I talked to him and this is not a joke.

@builttodominate - you got that right. This was a ride. We spent hours chatting and improving your shit. Ya might be making a mistake and losing an earner, but I understand your reasons.

In the end, money is not the ultimate motivator. Especially if you have to create and market the content yourself - being in an niche you hate writing about sucks the life out of you.

I hope you get a great price. This is a good site and has loads of potential.

::emp::

Setting up an entire Flippa listing is a lot of dedication for an April Fools joke. Well played.
lol, nah its not a prank

BUT i will legit not accept anything less than 3-5k, I dont hate it that much. maybe @Tavin could give me an idea of how things might pan out.

It doesn't take an expert site flipper to tell you that you aren't going to get 3-5k for a site with one month of earning history where most of the traffic is going to dwindle the moment you stop posting it on forums and reddit.

This is a complete bonehead move. If you have someone advising you and they didn't tell you that this is a bonehead move then you need to stop listening to them.

It doesn't take an expert site flipper to tell you that you aren't going to get 3-5k for a site with one month of earning history where most of the traffic is going to dwindle the moment you stop posting it on forums and reddit.

This is a complete bonehead move. If you have someone advising you and they didn't tell you that this is a bonehead move then you need to stop listening to them.

Yup ended it, I dont feel right about this.

Atleast I made $100 out of this because I pushed for adspace sales

Last edited:

Well learning experience, I REALLY NEED PATIENCE

Before I get criticized to shit in the next few moments. I'd like to say that this isnt just about getting traffic to me but growing better as a marketer. Therefore there will be some dumb decisions I make, but i need to learn.

Didn't your listing say that you had another offer for $150 for a header ad? Why don't you put that up? If those buyers get a ROI they'll be back next month to re-up.

You mentioned that you hate this niche. You don't have to love your niche, especially if it's earning you money. You need to pay your dues and build up some funds in that bank account and experience before you're entitled to love your niche imo, after all this still beats going and getting a job doesn't it? Trust me fitness niche is a lot more fun than insurance niche.

AT LEAST give yourself a chance to reach the goal you set when you started this thread. Then you'll have more than a month of traffic history and earning history. Slap yourself in the face the next time you think of putting some bullshit on Flippa again. How are you gonna get accepted into the CC9 then immediately try to sell your site?!?

Didn't your listing say that you had another offer for $150 for a header ad? Why don't you put that up? If those buyers get a ROI they'll be back next month to re-up.

You mentioned that you hate this niche. You don't have to love your niche, especially if it's earning you money. You need to pay your dues and build up some funds in that bank account and experience before you're entitled to love your niche imo, after all this still beats going and getting a job doesn't it? Trust me fitness niche is a lot more fun than insurance niche.

AT LEAST give yourself a chance to reach the goal you set when you started this thread. Then you'll have more than a month of traffic history and earning history. Slap yourself in the face the next time you think of putting some bullshit on Flippa again. How are you gonna get accepted into the CC9 then immediately try to sell your site?!?

I actually dont mind the niche and producing content etc. Just the fact I dont want to push shitty supplements and felt like that was the only way to make money.

Honestly man this way of thinking is one of my demons, i constantly sabotage myself. I dont understand it

If anyone has any advice on making better decisions that would be great

Honestly man this way of thinking is one of my demons, i constantly sabotage myself. I dont understand it

you nailed it. You're better than this, apply it.

I actually dont mind the niche and producing content etc. Just the fact I dont want to push shitty supplements and felt like that was the only way to make money.

I can't dive too far in, because I signed a no compete, but I promise you this isn't the only way to make money with your fitness site. Do some research. I think you'll be shocked that a few minor changes can result in thousands of dollars a week.

Do your research on the different kinds of ad networks (CPM, IAN, etc.), and different kinds of affiliate networks (Linkshare, CJ, IR). Don't take any shortcuts, and work to making your site quality, and an authority, and then apply for the elite networks like Mode/TribalFusion/OpenX

No serious buyer is going to buy your site unless it has AT LEAST 6 months of performance history

Last edited:
I.. Don't know what to say.
Told him not to sell, he goes into diatribes about how he hates the niche.
Oooook, sell, we'll use that as experience.

Next moment - turns around again.

I.. Don't know what to say.
Told him not to sell, he goes into diatribes about how he hates the niche.
Oooook, sell, we'll use that as experience.

Next moment - turns around again.

Yeah I won't lie, I have bipolar so I tend to be all over the place sometimes.

But I'm thankful you supported me no matter the decision

But I'm thankful you supported me no matter the decision

Yeah... I think that support "no matter what" is reaching a limit.

For information:
If anyone knows Dexter Morgan's sister (from the TV series "Dexter") - that's how I talk in real life.
They seriously toned it down for the series, though.

So I am sitting here, it is 8:24am, it is before my 5th cup of coffee, and my old grumpy German self is having a hard time containing all the choice words I have for this.

First things first.
If anyone is asking themselves:
"Why the fuck did emp tell him to sell?"
I did not.

He came to one day and decided he wants out of fitness, it is all the same, all the time and he wants no part of it no more and needs to sell the site and go on to other things and bla bla bla...

So after a lot of text, I just thought alright... let's support this then and see where it goes.

Set up flippa with a ridiculous reserve of 10K so he could see where it would end up and decide to sell for less or not.

So now, that [bleep] not only decided he wants to keep it, he also took off the auction form flippa, so he won't even GET the evaluation out of the auction (which he paid 19$ for).

Way to waste 19$, man.

So here we are.. the kid has a site that is now earning 100$ a month from adspaces he sold alone, but in a niche he hates (or not, or loves, I don't know).

So here is my advice (for what it is worth).
Yeah, I told him all of that before. (sigh)
  1. Keep up the grind
    Yep... sadly, this is the prerequisite. You need to keep the site up and moving.
    (More on that later)
  2. Affiliate programs - Get em.
    Seriously, there is one seller of fitness goods that would be PERFECT.. but he has given up because "they haven't answered my emails after two tries." FUCK! Go and get em.. send 10 emails per day if you have to.
    Or find another program, but get a few good offers into the site.
  3. Own a product.
    "I don't wanna do a BS supplement."
    There is too many types of fitness products to count. And you circle in on that shit?
    You can either do - a GOOD supplement.
    or
    Do another type of product. Being in the online marketing world... how about an information product?
    Here are the steps:
    • Get or make a fitness ebook
    • Get it onto clickbank
    • Set up a nice affiliate info page on your site - share all the info and material for your affiliates. Cool copy, images, sample chapter PDF's, ads and banners in various sizes, etc...
    • Market the fact that people can earn money with YOUR product to all the marketers out there
    • Have marketers market your shit for you
The foundation - the grind
So, you decided to keep your site.

Tavin has said it well ..
No serious buyer is going to buy your site unless it has AT LEAST 6 months of performance history
For you, that is another 3-4 months.

In that time, I'd say you can move from the quicksilver traffic to solid link building, guest posting, authority building..

But I just realized ..

I don't want to write this any more. Still too pissed at all this back and forth and teenage male drama shit after all this time of support on skype and all.

Someone else take over, or not....

Last edited:
@builttodominate I'm still in your corner bud lol...

Going from almost nothing to earning and traffic in a month is something to be proud of. Now you know that you can do it. You've updated your case study every day with the good and the bad and it's one of the most popular threads on BuSo (even if a lot of that is pure silliness...)

Easy. Still got hours before the day ends.

pV3uy2v.jpg

Hit a new personal best: I'd say im getting good at this lol

10s9MI3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back