CC9 - Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CCarter @emp @badya122

Good news, my dad sees potential and has agreed to help me out with hosting so i just bought a new plan which has unlimited bandwidth!!!

I can hit the 50k views goal and more :D

now i gotta work out how to use it lol

Last edited:
this turning into a nightmare, remind me to never move my site again

FUCK.

Edit: And we are up again.

good to go, time to step it up a notch since we have room to play.

xpR2gna.jpg

Last edited:
One thing I have learnt from this, is that you don't need the perfect formula to start chasing a goal. I used to sit and read and make sure I had enough knowledge before attempting something. With this I pretty much jumped in and ive learnt and done so much more.

Probably going to hit 2k today, so goal "semi accomplished" Im off to bed because I've been up all of last night trying to figure out the hosting and errors. We'll see the final total tomorrow

U8RR6tW.jpg

so just woke up, its 7am and this was the total.

89kW1Zv.jpg

At this point in the game, I'd say you've gotten your Reddit traffic leaks figured out well. I'd begin to ask some important questions about the traffic you're getting:
  • Is it producing an income that is proportional to the effort?
  • Is it resulting in social shares and secondary traffic?
  • Is it resulting in obtaining any natural backlinks?
These are the things that are going to create the snowball effect. You mentioned that you're only receiving 1-2 search engine visitors per day, which seems awfully low. While search engine traffic most certainly isn't the goal, I wouldn't ignore it or not take advantage either, since it's as targeted as it can get for the landing page that gets the traffic.

How many posts do you have live? What's the typical length of content? Are you using images and videos? What's your typical on-page optimization like?

I feel like one of two things must be missing in the equation for you to be pulling such low organic numbers. It could be possible issues with your on-page / keyword selection, or it could be a lack of domain-wide metrics related to back links.

The 2nd issue could be fixed easily with more traffic leaking attempts. You can gain traffic and back links by posting high quality blog comments on the 10,000,000 active blogs out there. I know the girls are very active on their sites, constantly posting and accepting comments. The more of the domains you can get a few links from (no-follow from the username field on the comment), the better. It'll be huge visibility and an incredible authority and relevancy signal. "Be everywhere." This kind of activity could make you a central fitness hub, since all roads will at some point lead to you. It's the "web" and your site should be connected into it deeply so spiders crawl it and find you. This is how you capture the insects that fly by, and you can wrap them in your cocoon funnel and suck their blood/money.

Also, I'd start looking into creating relationships through these blog comments. Save the ones that are eager to interact and accept your comments, and continue to post quality comments over time, warming them and familiarizing them with you. Eventually, hit them up for a guest post. These links will be do-follow and push some serious juice and authority your way (not to mention traffic), and start helping you pull in all that long-tail traffic.

Hell, you can even offer to let the good blogs post on your site too in exchange for a link. Free content! Just keep it all high quality and don't use manipulative anchors and all of this should be absolutely fine and do nothing but snowball.

That was quite lengthy, but I think that's part of the path to you not seeing flat-lines with short-lived spikes in your analytics. If it's not accumulating, it's a day job. If your earnings and traffic are directly proportional to your consistent effort, it's not accumulating.

TL;DR
You're kicking major butt. I'd keep your current efforts alive but start blocking off some time for more personalized outreach and involvement with the leaders of the community who have assets that can help the snowball occur.

Is there a unique hook or demo to your site? This seems like you'll be chasing your traffic leaking tail everytime the spike dies off... Is there an emotional nerve you can hit with a social campaign that might get shared for a longer duration so you can build some ongoing momentum?

If you keep hustling at this and reach half your goal, and the hosting bullshit is still a problem, I'll give you an account on a Dedi at liquidweb for free.

@Ryuzaki This was actually from a forum post, got another 1.6k views today from it as well :D

Thanks for the post, definitely going to do some of the stuff you suggested. I like what you said about all roads leading to my site and becoming the hub. Something I definitely need to work on.

As for sales, yesterday I sold another 5 items. so ROI, id say its pretty good, could be better

Woke up today and all of my reddit accounts have been shadowbanned thanks to some dipshit that got rustled.

I mean bans are nothing new to me, but since reddit has this shadowban domain thing im a little worried

So new plan of action, get a vpn, new browser just for reddit and go hard again :D

also if these fuckers try to ban my domain I have plenty more i can redirect.

Reddit is mine, im taking over

Edit: this post was not thought through, and more impulsive so plans have changed.

Last edited:
I'd back off for a month and do a 30 day calendar where you choose 3 different platforms/forums/blogs to traffic leak from each day for 30 days - totally 90 different ones, then come back to Reddit after a month.

The hothead will most likely forget about you by then, a month is forever within the internet world, and you can start back up slowly. You can get your whole domain banned, which is a lasting effect versus just temporarily cooling off until that dude finds a new anger target. The last thing you want is this clown figuring out you are in a traffic leaking bootcamp and it's all a huge experiment - that clown might be reading all this right now, or be even a jelly lurker.

More importantly the reason for the 100 different topic homework is to make sure you aren't relying on one source of traffic - which you are starting to do with Reddit. The whole internet is available to you - shit a mommy blog forum might be better targeted and work out if you angle it right - from a female perspective.

I'd back off for a month and do a 30 day calendar where you choose 3 different platforms/forums/blogs to traffic leak from each day for 30 days - totally 90 different ones, then come back to Reddit after a month.

The hothead will most likely forget about you by then, a month is forever within the internet world, and you can start back up slowly. You can get your whole domain banned, which is a lasting effect versus just temporarily cooling off until that dude finds a new anger target. The last thing you want is this clown figuring out you are in a traffic leaking bootcamp and it's all a huge experiment - that clown might be reading all this right now, or be even a jelly lurker.

More importantly the reason for the 100 different topic homework is to make sure you aren't relying on one source of traffic - which you are starting to do with Reddit. The whole internet is available to you - shit a mommy blog forum might be better targeted and work out if you angle it right - from a female perspective.
Going to do this and what @Ryuzaki mentioned. Was talking to @badya122 too, and my post above ^^ was not thought through.

Il go read the post about the 100 dif platforms, i dont know why i havent done that yet

Something really weird happened, a blog I genuinely enjoy and dont post links on other than in the "website:" column, has banned me from commenting. I was getting traffic from people just clicking my profile

No idea what has happened, makes me think they banned me for stealing traffic :wonder:

Some skinflint was afraid that people will leave the blog and start hanging more on your website.

@builttodominate - what's your main approach when expanding your Twitter profiles?

Something really weird happened, a blog I genuinely enjoy and dont post links on other than in the "website:" column, has banned me from commenting. I was getting traffic from people just clicking my profile

No idea what has happened, makes me think they banned me for stealing traffic :wonder:

Come in innocently with a new name and don't put anything in the website field. Comment on a week's worth of articles this way and get them accepted and get the person to drop their guard. Most website's are set up to automatically accept comments from any previously accepted commenter. After the guard is dropped, you could sneak in the link again (the person will likely catch on. You'll need to ask yourself if its worth the time to sneak in some more posts).

Did they delete your old comments? If not, at least you got some no-follows from them.

Come in innocently with a new name and don't put anything in the website field. Comment on a week's worth of articles this way and get them accepted and get the person to drop their guard. Most website's are set up to automatically accept comments from any previously accepted commenter. After the guard is dropped, you could sneak in the link again (the person will likely catch on. You'll need to ask yourself if its worth the time to sneak in some more posts).

Did they delete your old comments? If not, at least you got some no-follows from them.

Probably not, would be easier to steal their social media followers. Either way, I will get what I want in the end (traffic). No comments were deleted.

Side note: Feel a little discouraged since im not seeing 10k views per day etc. my numbers seem so small.

Great content (watermarked pics etc) and following targeted lists. I think this is the best way to grow twitter

When you say targeted lists, are you talking about just leeching followers from similar sites or something else?

When you say targeted lists, are you talking about just leeching followers from similar sites or something else?

I find popular pages in my niche and i then follow their followers, so yeah basically leeching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back