CC9 - Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switched to amazon and.....

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AjArMke.png

My new strategy:

I was sitting around thinking about how I could get more conversions, and thats when it hit me. I've completely misunderstood the concept of traffic leaks. I've been pushing for ego numbers not conversions. Thinking if I hit 2k-4k a day I will make $100/day but the traffic is shit because I've been spamming instead of traffic leaking. I had no game plan and just hit it hard, did it get me traffic yes, but I feel I would be better off with 100 views that actually read the content/convert.

So now, I will go reread carters posts, and I will become a contributing member of the forums Im in, instead of spamming.

Also I'm aiming to produce 1 article a day that targets a long tail keyword with around 1 daily search. Hopefully this builds up my organic overtime but I'm not going to sit around and wait.

This problem directly relates to my thinking that more views with adsense in place will make me loads of money

Last edited:
This banner has an average price tag of 30$ - at 4% commission by amazon, this would be 1.2$ per click, so with your 5 clicks, you could have made 6$ instead of some measly cents.
Not exactly. This is $1.2 per sale, not per click. As we see in the later OP's post, he gets his sale per 74 clicks.

So in your example, 5 clicks would bring him 1.2*5/74 = 8 cents. Well in his case it's $1.8 commission so 12 cents.

While AdSense pays per click.

This doesn't mean i don't agree that Adsense sucks. Just a tiny correction ))

Golan .. you are right ... Altho the numbers are not that bad.

Thing is, with adsense as it stands right now you can't target shit.

With amazon, you can do so nicely.
He should get much better than 1 sale per 74 users.

::emp::

Also.. if you guys think I am wedded to amazon. I am not.

MY hierarchy

own product >> Affiliate offer >> amazon >> adsense

Amazon is nice, tho.

::emp::

Last edited by a moderator:
For the first time I'm starting to feel slightly unmotivated and just saying fuck it. Need to get my head straight

For the first time I'm starting to feel slightly unmotivated and just saying fuck it. Need to get my head straight

All normal. Ups and downs, mentally, physically, and business wise. Ride the waves.

You seem forlorn because your expectations aren't matching reality.

Adsense doesn't suck, despite what people say, as I've said before. Remember that screenshot I posted of 10% CTR's with $100+ CPM's? Optimize.

Amazon isn't the end-all-be-all. The commissions are okay and you get a piece of anything they buy, related to your site or not. IF and only IF they convert.

CPA for fitness? I don't know that you're going to find anything worth while.

Here's the thing. Not all traffic is the same. If you're shooting for high numbers with no intent, you're going to have to set up a funnel and create intent. As far as I'm concerned, Fitness is a culture. It's like targeting "Buddhism". Just because someone's Buddhist doesn't mean they are ready to buy something. That's a broad-ass demographic.

That's your first problem. Your second problem is that you're thinking of monetization as a global, site-wide thing. "Do I use Amazon or do I use Adsense?" That's a false dichotomy. There are more than two answers. "Both" is an answer, and I don't mean both on the same page, although you could do that.

What you need to do is create content for a specifically small demographic that's deep in the intent-funnel already, then your work is mostly done. You can't be surprised if Twitter traffic or /r/Motivation traffic doesn't convert. What you can do is find an exact Amazon item, the best in it's category, and leak people to that page that are already interested and wanting to buy it. "I've heard that 5-HTP can help me curb my appetite and help with creating a positive outlook on life. I actually read that here at _______. Have any of you tried it? Can you verify the statements on that page? I don't want to get misled or just randomly trust info on the internet." Now you've got people curious to visit who might want to try it, and you've got people who already try it going to confirm for you, and dammit they already buy it so they might buy more.

Same with Adsense. Find the right keywords with the right CPC. In your case, who cares about organic traffic. Get the right ads showing up and get decently interested traffic to it through a leak and you'll get some clicks that are worth $5 or $8 instead of $0.06.

Reverse your mindset. Stop catering to the broad interests of a culture, and start catering specifically to a monetization method and a specific item or set of ads, THEN find the sub-sub-demographic of that culture that's ready to take action, and get them to your site.

Boasting high traffic numbers is great, but in the end, the only thing that effects you in this game is the size of your bank account. If you want to keep traveling the road you're on with high traffic and low intent, then slap a TON of CPM ads on your site. Adsense, Taboola, Outbrain, etc. Go find a ton and find which allow you to mix and match and get as many impressions as you can.

Your actions are fine. Your thinking needs some work. It's not just what you do but how you do it. But you know this, and you're gaining experience, and you will win. You're obviously not a quitter... and...

BUILDERS NEVER SAY DIE!!!!

(or was that the Goonies?)

@Ryuzaki Thanks for the pm, if you are aware right now you might see my leak :wink:

Well my leak got me 1k views in about 2 hours and then a mod deleted it. so pissed

Thinkn about clearing my top header adsense ad, and placing an amazon ad there

but im attached to adsense. fuk

RIP adsense

still pushing and producing content. In that stage where i just gotta stay consistent.

didnt want to waste my adsense earnings thus far so got alittle side project going too, started an insurance blog since it was the highest cpc. filled it up with content

i live and breath this shit so ive got enough time for both

in my opinion it was also be a great leak experiment and i will learn alot to apply to my main site

No im not getting side tracked. My main goal is to make money, so im still pushing towards it

Last edited:
Reddit is seriously pissing me off. I just had a review link make it to the top 3 spots in my subreddit then boom gone. Some mod deleted it, and it happens every time, doesnt matter if i use dif accounts or space out my threads.

I think I need to tattoo " quality over quantity" on my forehead. Checked my twitter feed and it was just full of dick pics. So I then unfollowed everyone I was following, this was also mixed with the fact that my ctr is terrible too. So now people are unfollowing as expected but the loyal fans remain :D

Been making my own custom banners for amazon, at 112 clicks with 2 conversions at the moment.

@MetaData @Ryuzaki What do you use in terms of software? I have the choice between long tail pro and market samurai. (cracked versions) What do you think?

Last edited:
I think using a cracked version is idiotic and it opens up your computer (and your business) to malware, not to mention stealing from other entrepreneurs is a bad look. You'd be better off just getting the trial account on TermExplorer.

I think I need to tattoo " quality over quantity" on my forehead. Checked my twitter feed and it was just full of dick pics. So I then unfollowed everyone I was following, this was also mixed with the fact that my ctr is terrible too. So now people are unfollowing as expected but the loyal fans remain :D

Been making my own custom banners for amazon, at 112 clicks with 2 conversions at the moment.

@MetaData @Ryuzaki What do you use in terms of software? I have the choice between long tail pro and market samurai. (cracked versions) What do you think?

For Amazon, the contextual ( make sure to make anchor text interesting) and image links seem to convert visitors the best. It sometimes makes sense to add a call-to-action at the end of article too. Like "check price" or "cheapest price from amazon" button when doing a review.

I wouldn't cloak my amazon links if I were you.
Why is this? I'll change them though, been told this twice

Edit: shit maybe its against amazon TOS, I'll check

@builttodominate I've heard of folks getting banned for it. I haven't read the entire amazon terms of service myself, but I wouldn't want to risk it either .

Some of you thought I was joking about everyone being in the fitness niche, here is a recent post from the big brand thread:

mikkojh;2242363 said:
Amazing thread, read this thread about 1 month ago and it motivated me to start a big brand website.

I was originally gonna have the website to be in a broader topic but decided to keep it focused in the health/fitness niche as there are plenty of stuff there to write about and plenty of longtail keywords to choose from. [..]

Source: http://www.wickedfire.com/enlightened-members/168970-ccarter-big-brand-checklist-how-i-represent-19.html#post2242363

--
(I also never said health/fitness was not-profitable - I stated I was bored with answering the same questions over and over and over and over again, however there still exist a too much supply problem on the Adsense publisher side, hence why OP is making $0.60 from 1,000 visitors, low payouts)

But anyways...

You started this journal on Jan 29th - looking at the thread title, your goal was 50K visitors a month. Yes an arbitrary goal, but a goal none the less. Within less than 1.5 months you were able to command 1,000 visitors within a single hour. You could have achieved that goal which this thread was originally titled after and then switched focus...

But when you didn't get the instant gratification of revenue, through Adsense, which was not your goal, you switched to a completely different project and started over... Even though you were within a month of hitting that arbitrary goal.

When things got a little tough you essentially quit and tried something different... The problem wasn't even that difficult, it literally required thinking of how to capture visitor's emails (pop up after 1 min or on exit intent), and re-exposing your brand over and over to create a loyal following. Audiences need to see your brand 7 times before they automatically trust you, but you quit after literally no instant gratification... This is beyond common in the SEO industry and why there are literally millions of half-ass incomplete websites on the internet - like ancient relics, forgotten till another day.

Monetization is the fun part, cause with creativity you can make a lot of money, but you literally went for the cheapest lowest quality monetization routes, Adsense and amazon... And with no actual instant gratification, you quit. To the person reading this post, not just OP, but you reading this- does this sound familiar? Do you have a project where you set a goal and simply quit even though you may have been extremely close to achieving that goal, how many domains or websites in your possession sit their ideally as ancient relics?

OP you need to get back on your horse and complete this one arbitrary goal of 50K within a month period. The satisfaction of that will at least have you saying, I went for it in 6 months, and got it down in 2 months. Do not add new obstacles like, make money, or have a 50% bounce rate. Just achieve the first goal. You'll learn a lot. You'll learn that if you want Adsense revenue, a 50% bounce rate actually flies in opposite of that since you want people to click your ads no matter if it's their first or tenth page they are viewing.

Your goals and mind set are out of whack and you will never achieve any serious goal in life if you quit or move the goal post right before you cross the finish line. Once you achieve this 50K goal, move on to another goal - Make $5000 a month for a single project. Evaluate what you learned, what avenues of revenues there are, go for higher payouts like affiliate programs which pay 30-50% of the product sale from a $100 product, meaning if you get 100 visitors, and only 1 buys the product you would have earned $0.30 to 0.50 per visitor versus your current revenue of what? 2000 visitors = $1.80 = 0.0009...

At 4% referral fee, you would need to generate almost $125K in revenue to make $5k... at your current rate of $0.0009 - that would take 5,555,556 visitors - simple 2nd grade math would tell you that you need to have higher affiliate payouts to make a decent living of $5K a month (Adsense of 1000 visitors generating $0.60 = $0.0006 earning per visitor = so 8,333,334 visitors for that same $5k earnings). With a 30% affiliate payout, and only 1% conversion rate = $5K would take only 16,667 visitors and that's only a 1% conversion rate - that seems a lot more reasonable then 8.3MM or 5.5MM visitors with Adsense or Amazon respectively.

So you'll need multiple sources of revenue, not just Adsense and Amazon - those two are going to lead to more no instant gratification - cause of the low ROI. My question is, do you have an actual monthly income number - cause you need to do the math to figure out how to get to that number.

It took you years of lifting and dedication to get in the shape you are in, yet when you want to get your website in the best shape, you gave up after 1.5 months... What results would a normal person get if they gave up after 1.5 months in the gym?

No one is saying this, but making money is also the same hard work. You didn't set out to make money, you set out to get visitors, get back on this fucking horse and complete this goal and then create another goal AFTER this one is completed. Your "working on 2 projects", bullshit is classic SEO mentality. Most people in this industry have a dozen projects - All making them little to no money, while sitting at their 9 to 5 cubicle dreaming of the life of an entrepreneur... How do you think they got to a dozen projects? It starts by pausing one, while working on a 2nd, then a 3rd, then a 4th, and so on. (last paragraph is relevant: https://www.buildersociety.com/threads/embrace-the-darkness-to-overcome-it.689/) Hyper focus on one project and one goal. For god-sakes for your own self of accomplishment, complete this case study and don't let it become an open ended thread that never gets done.

Trust me, complete the 50K goal and you will be in a lot better position mentally and you will learn lessons you didn't know at the time of starting this thread. Stop with the instant gratification nonsense. No one starting a business should think in these terms. Call your project a business from now on and start getting serious about multiple streams of revenue. You realize that if you do that you will not be able to tell people I own a dozen businesses online... Cause that sounds foolish if you aren't making money. It's important to change your whole mindset to how you approach each business, you setup a virtual brick and mortar, now go out and hustle for revenue - with will be acquired from the traffic you have been generating and not through weak Adsense and Amazon avenues.

Also - what affiliate program is going to turn you down when you tell them that you started marketing and within 2 months you had 50K visitors a month...? No one is going to turn you down after hearing that.

@CCarter Thanks for the kick in the ass. I should mention I was starting to stress because my hosting is capped at 25k views per month (Managed wordpress hosting) and I dont have enough money to upgrade, which led to me starting to chase money.

Another reason I have stuck with amazon and adsense is because due my location most of the affiliate networks dont pay directly into my bank or paypal.

BUT that being said, while reading this post I came up with a good idea how I can create my own product and market it for free. (leveraging existing platforms)

but again, this is only so I can expand my business and upgrade hosting

I definitely haven't quit on this business, but I have been neglecting it.

I also just checked my analytics and they are close to 10k views this month, if I focused and pushed harder I could hit 20k

SO THAT BEING SAID:

GOAL: 20k views by 31st march.

You might want to get off of Godaddy's WordPress Hosting... I mean, jesus christ man... If you have a max of 25,000 visitors, it's impossible for you to get to 50K, I mean from the very start you are setting yourself up for failure... Even hostgator is a better option then Godaddy for anything except domains - and I hate hostgator. But don't waste time moving the site now, just hit your goal and make your decisions later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back