Bump As You Leak!

CCarter

Final Boss ®
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
all his haters can kiss his ass and that if it seemed he was autistic, it's because he is.

If you don’t have haters you aren’t pushing hard enough. For the first time in history /r/big SEO deleted one of my post, recent one about domain age. I just laughed - a handful of people with too much time in that subreddit plus it lead to less then 30 total visits. I was getting more than that an hour from Facebook during the peak of the post drop.

On to the next one...

planBman

Her Firefall Refines Me
Degree
Heavy never-tried-before local leads leaking...

[hotlinked image replaced]

Terra Incognita...

Apex

To the top
Degree
First attempt at traffic leaking:

VH6WWyN.jpg

I'm pleasantly surprised.

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
New project, less than a month old, just got posted by a brand on FB with 16k likes, HUGE stuff for me at this level:

B299Q73.png

New journal up in the lab if you're interested to follow along.

animalstyle

BuSo Pro
Degree
Everything big must start small! From idea into reality, market, repeat. Starting off the week putting one foot in front of the other:

mfWCkGw.png

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
New leak, glad to be back in the game since I've got some nice monetization going for this type of thing now. Let's see if this baby has legs! This is traffic to the specific page that has no organic traffic so anything that shows is from the leak.

M9cpbNT.png

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
That was a giant bust, not because I didn't get traffic, but because I was unable to get any real numbers. Yesterday there was a Google Analytics Bug, which I wrote about just now at that link. If you're seeing crazily low numbers for yesterday, don't panic.

But sadly I have no clue how good that leak really did unless Google is able to recover real numbers somehow. Hopefully it's a reporting error and not a tracking one.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
Degree
As always, I held this back so you sleuths can't find me.

Someone organically put one of my posts on Reddit around midnight and it went straight to #1 on /r/all but because it was the middle of the night there wasn't as much traffic as I would have hoped, but I'll take anything I can get. It'll probably result in some backlinks too.

dSfyw3J.png

You can see it started at midnight, peaked around 2AM, then again around 7AM as people woke up to go to work. Then a lunch-break boost again. Then it was over after the post decayed down the front page.

I took this screencap around 9AM I think. It was much higher around 2AM of course, but I was zonked out.

Pbk8gNK.png

Some details. I usually get about $25 per 1,000 sessions on this site. This specific page earned a $3.50 RPM for that day. It ended up being around an extra $125. Redditors are worthless for most types of monetization. The most I've managed to suck out of them by hitting #1 is $1500 using Adsense and Amazon. This one was CPM ads. I'm sure if you have a product with a high ROI you can do much better with less but more targeted traffic.

CCarter

Final Boss ®
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Degree
First entry in this thread, it's only going to get more hostile:

jaForrE.png

Degree
azLlLrH.png

Posted just yesterday evening. Woke up to this. And users commented replied, looked totally natural.

Degree
azLlLrH.png

Posted just yesterday evening. Woke up to this. And users commented replied, looked totally natural.
How much traffic did you get to your website though? That's the point of doing this ultimately.

Degree
5,000 new users to my relatively new site today (currently getting organic traffic ~200 users per day, started at end of November).

Wrote an interesting article. Posted it on Reddit. Got 1,000+ upvotes before I got banned for self-promotion, lol.

The purpose was not monetization, I just wanted to some backlinks. The hope was that the story might get picked up by the media.

That didn't happen, but I have got a decent amount of social shares, including being tweeted out by a editor from a major news site (90+ DA), and a number of backlinks from smaller industry publications. Highest being a DA56.

Any ideas of how I can squeeze more out of this before interest dies?

Pretty happy overall. It's messed up my Google analytics though.

17Iwg2Q.png