Whats your biggest regret?

built

//
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Degree
I think my biggest regret would be not taking care of my teeth when I was younger (Spent this week at the dentist lol)

and thus it has sparked the question, what do you regret?

were-the-millers-no-ragrets-tattoo.jpg

Last edited:
Allowing people who weren't chasing their dreams to fill me with negativity and frustration that kept me from capitalizing on my own.

I've had 2 opportunities to make millions of dollars while I was married to my ex, and I let her negativity and neediness take my focus away from capitalizing on them, in an effort to make her happy.

There was no making her happy. Looking back, she wasn't happy unless I was as miserable as her.

The more successful I got, the more she turned up her neediness and manipulation. I've only recently learned the why behind it all, and I regret allowing it to go on for as long as I did.

Life - Getting a tattoo.

IM - Not focusing nearly enough on what was already working for too long.

1. Not getting out of a bad business with a declining business model sooner.
2. Not jumping out of the rat race sooner.
3. Wasting time waiting for others to get mentally prepared to take on the world (never happened and they settled for mediocrity).
4. Not giving a shit about what others thought sooner.
5. Not striking while the iron was hot sooner.
6. Not decapitating ALL of my enemies (still in progress).
7. Not showing the world EXACTLY how much power and skills I've acquired - and yes NONE OF YOU have seen what I am truly capable of - yet.

BKEW5Zf.gif

I started typing this one a few times but then I realized each 'regret' I thought of was just a stupid mistake born of youth or inexperience that I've moved on from, and has been an important lesson in how I plan to act in the future.

So while I'm more than a little annoyed at 24 year-old Steve for lots of things, I don't think I'll live to regret any of them in the long run as they've made me who I am today, for better or worse, and I won't make the same mistakes again.

1) Starting from a poor premise

I see a lot of people doing this. For instance, choosing a small niche and then going smaller to make it local for an industry that doesn't require or use the internet. Or monetizing a traffic source with the absolute wrong monetization. My own versions have been going up against gov and edu sites and trying to win through brute force link building. Or trying to take down a vertical (not a niche) through brute force content production when I'm not in a position to scale and won't get a piece of the pie till I can. Knowing who you are and where you're at at that moment in time should be a factor in choosing projects as much as anything else.

The problem always boils down to not thinking before taking action. It's another reason Market Research is important. Even when it's intuitive stuff we already know, we ignore it until we're forced to think about it. I could have saved lots of time and money by having a single solid thinking session.
2) Wasting time in relationships that are doomed

I've clocked at least 8 years in horrid romantic relationships that detracted from my life, the kind where your significant other is actively trying to pull you away from your goals, hobbies, friends, etc. Just like a business, the longer you wait to break it off the more momentum and history it gathers and it gets harder and harder to make the right decision until a catastrophe happens. For some reason, most of us wait for the catastrophe because it makes the action easier, but we waste ungodly amounts of time until then.

Romance, friendships, family, business... now I actively cut out the horrible and minimize the negative. If I'm throwing positivity out into the world and in my own web of connections and all that's coming back is negativity, that doesn't mean I'm doing something wrong. It means I've caught a bug in my web that has to go. Energy and Time Vampires are everywhere.
3) Not being aware enough early enough

This isn't something I had any choice in. It had to do with my upbringing, those around me trying to think for me instead of helping me think. Lots of manipulation, intimidation, and other problems.

The basic thing I'm trying to say is I've been an entrepreneur since elementary school. I was successfully starting businesses in high school and growing them to where I had to hire help. I had already discovered internet marketing by the mid-to-late 90's. But everyone around me was pressuring me to go to college and nobody was positively reinforcing my basic business skills. They didn't know, they were 9-5'ers and have zero tolerance for risk. They pushed me in one direction that wasted a good 5 years.

The ultimate act that really led to my "awakening" costed me another 3 years, but in that time as I was healing I was also ramping up my online skills. So it's hard to say it was all wasted, and it's hard to say it would all have turned out the same. Different choices and events would have happened, but I always think... where would I be if I could magically cram those 4 years back into my business life (I'd be rich and retired. Those years happened long before Google even thought about penalties and over-optimization).

Of course now the flipside is being hyper-aware and hyper-vigilant. Gifts and curses.​

Wow you guys have a loooong list. I wouldn't call those regrets personally.
At any given time each of us makes the choices that we believe are best at that particular time in our life.

So all that happens in life is due to not so wise decisions or lack of decision.

Personally I have no regrets :tongue:
Whatever bad choices I made were necessary to help me evolve. Same for all of you, you are better now because of those choices.

"l have changed from self-image actualization to self-actualization, from blindly following propaganda, organized truths, etc. to searching internally for the cause of my ignorance." ~Bruce Lee

Allowing people who weren't chasing their dreams to fill me with negativity and frustration that kept me from capitalizing on my own.

I've had 2 opportunities to make millions of dollars while I was married to my ex, and I let her negativity and neediness take my focus away from capitalizing on them, in an effort to make her happy.

There was no making her happy. Looking back, she wasn't happy unless I was as miserable as her.

The more successful I got, the more she turned up her neediness and manipulation. I've only recently learned the why behind it all, and I regret allowing it to go on for as long as I did.
What was the why? if it is not too personal. Similar situation here.

When she saw me getting successful, she got scared I was going to outgrow her. I outgrew her in the end, but it was a miserable process for both of us.

She was just raised to have a piss poor mindset, her family would never let her be happy, and it was all she knew. Her mom was a physically and emotionally abusive alcoholic, and her stepdad should be in prison for some of the crap he's done.

It pretty much all boiled down to projection, narcissism, bi-polar disorder, and probably a borderline personality disorder -- she started threatening suicide towards the end.

Last edited:
thanks man, that sure sounds like a rough ride. Glad you came out the other side though :smile:

Yeah, it is what it is. She had a good heart, but a bad upbringing. Unfortunately, her upbringing won that one.

This thread just made me look up my ex-girlfriend's facebook.

She's married and has a kid now.

THANKS A LOT THREAD.

This thread just made me look up my ex-girlfriend's facebook.

She's married and has a kid now.

THANKS A LOT THREAD.

lol, that's why you don't do that. She's an ex for a reason (or multiple). I don't want them to see how I'm doing, and I don't want to be popping up on their "Friends you may know" list.

80% of my block list on FB consists of ex girlfriends. I just had one slip through the cracks from when I was 18, trying to friend me again. Shortlisted to the blocked brigade.

Not starting to lift weight when I was younger and had them testosterones in plenty.

1. Being lazy when I was younger.
2. Being afraid to stand up for myself when I was younger.
3. Not capitalizing on the few opportunities I've had in life.

I finally feel as though I'm close to becoming the man I want to be. Just wish it didn't take me so long to get here.

Not getting started when I was younger. Though as the saying goes, "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."

Looking for excuses. Not realising earlier that my entire environment is outcome of my thoughts, and then actions. The only one to blame, or to congratulate for achieving something is me.

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me"

FamMHGX.gif

Back