The Bragging Thread - Inspire A Newbie

12 months from total newbie to ACTUAL TRAFFIC + $1000/month

103.png

I have done my best to this site as a newcomer for the IM, and now this site is rushing to 10K traffic every month, hope better results will come.

104.jpg

Spent one month around May last year to write 30 odd articles in a travel related topic. Brand new domain. And stopped publishing after that since I wanted to wait for Covid to subside before investing more time in this.

105.png

Nothing mindblowing yet since travel in this segment is yet to pick up. But I like the growth it has garnered since. I am sure I could do a lot lot more if I publish more content which I plan to do from next month.

Okay, I suppose it's definitely nowhere near as impressive as most other posts here, but I figured I'd share it with you guys anyway.

108.jpeg

Two months old, 40-ish posts, looking at around 15 - 20 pageviews every day. Still very early in my journey, but it's definitely nice to see.

I am just getting back in the game (been doing FBA for the past 5 years or so) but many years ago I received a single link from the WSJ (section was called quick fixes). It brought it about $30k of extra revenue of 3 months (site was making about $1000 and made of $20,000 that month after I received the link. It was the best feeling!

I started to run a small PR campaign on my website and could secure a couple of decent links from high authority sites in the 70/80/90. Not many, but a few good links.(less than10) I will share my PR experiment in a thread soon.

First nothing was happening and I was desperate. My DR was for month at 13. Now my DR jumped to 37 within a few days. I hope that the traffic and revenue will follow soon :cool:

Marketing pays off

111.png

Hello,

I just found this forum and am excited to grow my websites even more! This is one of my 3 websites that I switched to mediavine in mid-2019... looking forward to learning lots more :smile:

112.jpg

At the moment, the traffic is purely from social media where I have several hundred thousand followers. I have a 100k mail list as well, and I am just starting to look into growing the organic traffic (I know I'm late to the party on this). I have tried to SEO optimize the content before and it has ranked decently but I haven't seen very much traffic from it... I haven't experimented with buying backlinks etc.

I run the website by myself with one full-time writer and a few others I use from time to time. I add on average 2 new pieces of content per week but will try to expand that in the future. The revenue is purely from display advertising and the expenses are minimal so most of the earnings are profit. I want to expand my revenue streams as I feel I am missing out on lots of potential earnings if the ads alone are earning this much!

I just want to note I had smaller successes and failures in the beginning but kept trying and trying and finally made it. I stuck to the same area where I saw so many others having success and was finally able to replicate it myself. I've also had successful websites completely die and have learned to embrace failures as learning experiences.

I also want to say that I suffer from depression and ADHD which oftentimes makes it hard to work and find the motivation to improve, which I feel holds me back a lot. I often thought that once I had found success my life would magically improve and that everything would be great. However, after doing well, reaching goals, and earning a decent amount of money I realized my mental health still isn't great. So just remember, earning money is great but it doesn't solve everything!

However, I look forward to what the future will bring :smile:

114.jpg

After months of negotiations, due diligence, transfers, and inspection periods, I've finished liquidating a site I built from scratch. I'm going to do an AMA which will be linked here once live if you want to read the details as the thread unfolds. Not the biggest sale but money is money!

:wink: Here's my work as a completely blind entrepreneur, technology developer and disability advocate for the past 2 decades: [ pardon me in case the slideshow video looks awful, everybody's still asleep here, so didn't have anybody with eyesight to review the video after I created it using FFMPEG CLI ]

It looks like in August we will finally hit 100 posts in 1 month. 1 post should be around 24 dollars a month, so that would mean 2.400 dollar of passive income per month added :-)

Hi...
- I sold ONE site for well over $1,000,000.
- I have hit $75,000+/month in profit at one point in time.
- I built a $4M house that I own, no bank.

How hard you work determines what you get. There's no secrets.

These are the results I got in 3 months when I stopped watching people talk about writing content to rank on google and decided to actually write content myself to rank on google (lol)

115.jpg

Albeit nothing to write home about. But, I'm glad I took the first step.

The site is now hitting around 40ish clicks and day and growing.

Happy to be here and must say it is inspiring to see these screenshots of all you guys killing it.

Thanks for having me :smile:

brag:
sold my first site on my bday after 2 years of building it for 6 figures while i was on food stamps, injured (still am, 14 surgeries in so far) unable to work, and broke as a joke.

made one vid on youtube that got 1.something million views and made me over 10k. i dont make anymore vids. did it to help other with mental health.

have several insta accounts with idk lots of followers.

went from foodstamps to a paid for in cash corvette and other vehicle living in a loft in middle of downtown city.

am now broke again, still paying for an expensive loft, but as of 2 weeks ago am now living with my parents because i am a drug and alcohol enthusiast who cant keep it together without having another heart attack or ending up in jail or homeless.

and now that i am hurting for cash, i now have hot feet again so am scaling another project hard, on small amounts of left over cash and larger amounts of credit card credit in hopes i can build something massive to sell for 7 figures before either the loan/cc company takes me away, i get evicted, or end up no-where.

cheers

Website in a high CPC niche generating over 12 leads per day using content only - no backlink campaigns, buying, outreach, anything. Leads sell for $150. Publishing 5 times per day.

UreW33M.png

Client work is taking off. Agency is on track to do over $2.5mm this year.

jQnPXtv.png

Stick with it newbies!! I've been at it more than 16 years. Just had my biggest month ever in July.

Started a new site one year ago. It's now growing 50% every month, with earnings now hitting $1k per month. Was having massive indexing problems in the first few months. Zero backlinking done so far, so I'm excited to see where it can go. Looking for a 6-figure sale next year.

Hi - on the first day of launch of my company to my social followers - I sold 15000$ worth of products just in a day! Continued to build on SEO without buying any links. Within 6 months, I rank in top 3 of SERP for 20 of my pages. Looking to build on it.

I started my site 3 years ago. After 1.5 years, I hit 50k views / mo and then monetized with ads and formed my business (ads + consulting). I was able to quit my job.

I want to reach 1 million views / mo.

Self-employment is the ultimate freedom. I will never go back to working for someone else.

Hey there - here's mine:
- About 3-4 years ago I did my first 6-figure month (gross profit not revenue) in a business. This is only seasonal though and happens in the month of December, it drops much lower during regular months...Drops about 10-15x lower on non-xmas months.
- We still do that every December since.
- 6-figure gross profit in one month? Sounds like I'm a multi-millionaire now!! No, not yet. Overall, this particular business only does 200-330k Gross Profit per year. Not bad. But not good enough. Though it is very cool to see 6 figures come in one month. Helps you think bigger, when you see those numbers. It expands your mindset, I guess.
- Amazon business (not even really using my SEO skills, which is one of my biggest knowledge areas lol)
- A synchronistic event happened and I met a new mentor this year (decamillionaire), who is really on a whole other stratosphere, so hopefully, I will drastically improve in the coming years.
-Remember everyone, no matter your level, don't think too small. For almost all of us, its the mindset and beliefs that hold us back from achieving that next level.

Back