STDDIOT - Stuff That Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread

I'm skeptical that a lot of legal black hat methods work.

Just don't see them.

We all know that you can buy a bunch of PBN links and go nuts, but there is nothing like all the Xrumer spam and all that.

I've seen tons of hacking and doorway pages though, but that is illegal.

What's that got to do with canonical URL hijacking though? That's just scraping a site onto a new, more powerful domain, right?

I imagine it's using the rel canonical tag to fool Google into thinking the scraped site is the correct one.

Doubt it works.

Now if you scraped a site, translated it with google translate, and posted it on a different country level domain, then you could be on to something. Dunno.

Couple interesting tidbits from today:

Pinterest Loses 24 Million Users as Lockdowns Ease and Physical Stores Re-Open Around the World
This may be because of physical stores being open or it could be due to the cluster of Google updates we just had. But this page has some interesting metric from Pinterest's Q2 2021 Shareholder Letter:

IuP3fFC.png

6cpGZZM.png

and for the 2nd tidbit:

EU hits Amazon with record-breaking $887M GDPR fine over data misuse
From the piece: "The penalty is the result of a 2018 complaint by French privacy rights group La Quadrature du Net [...] The complaint, which also targets Apple, Facebook Google and LinkedIn and was filed on behalf of more than 10,000 customers, alleges that Amazon manipulates customers for commercial means by choosing what advertising and information they receive.

Amazon manipulates customers for commercial means by choosing what advertising and information they receive.
Isn't this how advertising works...? People are getting weird with this anti-Amazon/Facebook/etc. data stuff. Focus on the fact that their employees aren't allowed to use the bathroom or something- it's worth complaining about.

This is interesting.

Was pinteresting a substitute good for people that shop recreationally?

Now if you scraped a site, translated it with google translate, and posted it on a different country level domain, then you could be on to something. Dunno.
You don't even need all that, people are straight up stealing content and ranking without much effort:

Reddit hread from months back: Competitor copied my entire article years after, and ranks just below me. Insane. Wtf Google

Given the amount of people complaining in the comments it's an on-going "situation".

You don't even need all that, people are straight up stealing content and ranking without much effort:

Reddit hread from months back: Competitor copied my entire article years after, and ranks just below me. Insane. Wtf Google

Given the amount of people complaining in the comments it's an on-going "situation".

The whitehat/greyhat version of this could be to rank for products that are on sale in local shops, popular, but with little online presence.

Rank for their brand terms and outrank the actual sellers, then swap in an alternative.

Parasite SEO white hat.

Like "is x a scam" back in the day.

Event tracking of affiliate clicks for one of my sites.

eQwhbPH.jpg

Legitimate people, I had to disable email notifications for referrals/leads. Bad news in the media means good news for me. The "vs" articles I made a while back in my lab thread worked out for me.

BRB making a course over it now.
Like "is x a scam" back in the day.
"Is X legitimate" has great conversion rates.

Wheev, it's exhausting to properly launch a new project.

I've worked day and night on a new site for 1.5 weeks straight and while its nothing in the grand scheme of things, it's also exhausting to only have this one thing to work on.

On the other hand, last year I launched two sites, sort of haphazardly, with only a basic idea about what I wanted and just trying out new stuff. One of those sites has been a monumental failure and the other is just doing ok ($200-$400 month).

Which is why this time, I putting all my effort into getting it right from the get go, which includes a shit ton of fine tuning and tweaking.

I think it will work though, as I've really looked into what the successful competitors are doing, then going the extra mile.

I will also run ads for it from the get go, so that will also allow me to quickly understand what's the niche is about.

All in all, being able to launch a site in 2-3 weeks, with outsourced content, mind you (otherwise add 2 weeks), should prove worthwhile.

This is a perfect illustration of what I'm talking about, the web experience is so horrible that people are moving to APPs and spending the majority of their time online NOT on websites, but inside closed APPs like Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok: An article I want to read

3wO51W6.gif

This is a perfect illustration of what I'm talking about, the web experience is so horrible that people are moving to APPs and spending the majority of their time online NOT on websites, but inside closed APPs like Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok: An article I want to read

3wO51W6.gif
Without joking, that is almost the exact experience of visiting one of the sites in the largest local newspaper network (also owns a major daily national) in the UK.

Without joking, that is almost the exact experience of visiting one of the sites in the largest local newspaper network (also owns a major daily national) in the UK.

The need to squeeze every penny out of every single visitor or hit mean they need to depend on search traffic or other high volume traffic sources because visitors are less likely to come back to their site willingly. Long-term overall users are going to just increase Ad Blocker if not just altogether avoid websites. I know a number of users search with Instagram for new information before resorting to Google.

100x internet speeds from 20 years ago and we are still dealing with slow loading cause of pop-ups and Ad Networks waterfalls. Wild.

Check out the new reddit in the browser shit. Forces login and app usage basically.

Personally I only like browser apps. Hate having shit on my phone that’s not wild rift.

Yes, newspapers are an absolutely horrid experience.

hello brethren.

I'm experimenting with weed for pain relief and to find an alternative to alcohol, since alcohol knocks me out for days.

I haven't smoked weed in 15 years.

I tried some cheap pot (THC), which gives a nice buzz, easy to properly dose, so you can keep a nice mellow high for hours, without getting at all "blasted".

Just a nice, relaxing and very slightly euphoric feeling.

I also feel extremely relaxed physically and it does give that nice "who cares, just chill" feeling, though I do sense a slight feeling of anxiousness, which I remember from back in the day.

Smoke too much THC and you definitely get anxiety and paranoia, I remember it vividly.

Also, smoke too much and you get heart palpatations. However, smoking just a little bit, like I do, a few puffs every 20-30 minutes doesn't seem to have this effect.

Unfortunately, the pot had an adverse effect on my pain. I instantly felt a lot more pain everywhere, every tight muscle suddenly felt painful, which was the exact opposite of what I wanted.

Then I read that THC can actually increase pain, because it works messed with some endocannabioid receptors. Cannabidoid recepters are actually similar to opioid receptors I think.

So, next up I'm going to try some legal CBD, which should give a high, but should be much better for neuropathic pain.

It might be worth experimenting with both to see what happens, hopefully a high, but also a painfree relaxation. If both can be achieved, it would rival an opioid "time out", which would be good since I need painrelief but haven't taken any opioids on 1.5 years.

Share your weed smoking experience?

Since moving to a legal state I've experimented uh, let's say "extensively" with the plant in various forms over the last few years. I know, there are always bigger fish out there and I'm by no means ripping fat dabs, but these are my thoughts on the plant today:

For that light "feeling good" effect, and also the most flavorful (which I value) experience I think vaporizers are dominant. I've got the Pax 3 and it's a quick heat for a few flavorful, albeit small tokes, and then turn it off and resume whatever activity I'm doing.

Needless to say tolerance builds quite quickly and I've incorporated edibles, joints, bowls and water pipes into my routine. Joints are great for their portability, bowls for a medium-strength session (mine is small) and water pipe for weekend festivities. Edibles, to me, are reserved primarily for YouTube rabbit holes or need for deep deep sleep.

I remember I definitely used to get more paranoid when I started, I had trouble discerning bronze statues from street actors in the city, and public transit rides were also highly anxious events.

As I increased my intake and increased my tolerance I noticed that when I "stepped down" in terms of consumption method, the anxious paranoia dissipated. So after I moved up to a pipe from the Pax the pipe of course rocked me but then returning to the Pax was a very smooth experience, void of the over alertness I initially experienced.

I do also think different strains do indeed have different effects, although not quite as radically different as a budtender might lead you to believe (seems like everything is "euphoric" to them).

For example I noticed I usually enjoy juicy indica dominant strains over gassy sativas. Don't get me wrong, it's not all or nothing, but I actually get light headaches with some sativa-dominant flower. I think this comes down to the varying quantities of terpenes in different plants. Some genetics are heavy on particular terpenes and lighter on others.

These days I usually grab 1/4th of a more sedative indica leaning strain and 1/4th of a less sedative sativa dominant and alternate between the two depending on time of day or activity I'm about to partake in.

There's usually a rosin oil cartridge pen laying around too although to be honest, it's fallen out of favor for flower, but they are very convenient for discrete use.

My bias is obvious but I feel like if the U.S legalized cannabis federally it would make America a much better place to live.. so many people are so stressed out, so aggressive, so lacking in introspection that it stretches the fabric of our society. (Not to mention the new tax revenue, if used correctly, could help fund tons of public works projects, although prices are already high enough here so that's not something I'm particularly looking forward to...)

I rarely consume alcohol now. I was a solid 2-3 drink a day guy, and used to binge at least twice weekly, from the age of roughly 23-30. My life is definitively better and I only pour a glass of whiskey on special occasions and honestly probably savor it more than I used to before smoking. I'm pretty happy with my life and feel like cannabis has been a solid net positive over these last few years.

I'm curious as well to hear other members experiences!

@harrytwatter Thanks for sharing, very interesting. My experience with cannabis is tainted from unhealthy, binging, social use as a teenager, which turned me off it for years, but as an adult, I can see it from a new perspective again.

I will try the vaping, I hear others talk about that as well, as the best method.

I also agree it should probably be legal, so that vendors could do quality control and labelling, and also there should be way more education on how to use the plant to achieve whatever you're going for.

This is my experience/opinion:

Everyone is different and we produce different chemicals. What works for me might not work for the next person. I know some friends that smoke and it makes them instantly more productive and more focused as if they are on Adderall or something. For me that's not the case, it makes me unproductive and useless. I have bad anxiety but I fight through it, so something like a Sativa is not good for me. But then an Indica makes me literally in the couch and I'll fall asleep instantly. Hybrids are usually what I like to go for because it's a nice middle ground.

I don't enjoy THC anymore and don't like the high from it but it helps me with my stomach disorder. Luckily for me my best friend and girlfriend have worked in the industry and my friend knows literally everything when it comes to THC, CBD, or anything related. What I take is THC-A and not THC. THC-A is the actual flower/bud and it becomes THC once you put flame to it like joints, bowls, vaporizers, etc. I take the flower and put it in a blender and then take fruits and blend that and make a smoothie. I don't get that high feeling and it helps me at the same time, so that's been a huge win for me lately.

CBD has changed my life for the better. CBD usually doesn't get you a high, but sometimes like a euphoric feeling. But this also depends on what kind of CBD you get. Don't get CBD from a gas station and try to buy from established companies, I enjoy Industrial Hemp Farms. I really like CBD dabs and I use a puffco peak which makes it 100x easier to do dabs from. Again you won't get high from it but it helps me with my muscles and helps me focus depending on what kind of CBD I get. I would stay away from CBD carts UNLESS you get them from a medical marijuana dispensary and get a higher CBD to THC ratio cart. I like the CBD tinctures also because it's quick and easy to take.

But as I think about it you might enjoy Delta 8. It's legal to sell/buy and is like CBD with a low amount of THC like 0.3% or something. Gives you more of a high like THC but it's not intense. Maybe look into that also.

Last edited:
Back