STDDIOT - Stuff That Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread

Theory: Writing = Creative side of the brain (right) versus Coding = Logical side of the brain (left).

I personally can't go from creative to logical without a 1-2 hour, if not a whole day, break in between. There has to be a "hard-reset"of some sort.
I feel you on that. I can go from creative to logical, but I can't go the other way around. I have to structure my day accordingly, etc.

Yes the thing with left/right brain is very interesting.

I have chronic post-concussion syndrome, which makes me tire mentally much faster than before, and what gets me tired the quickest is language. Writing is very limited for me.

On the other hand, coding I can do for hours, almost as well as before.

It's like my mental fatigue affects my creative brain very hard, like I literally can't read a line, but for coding its just an inconvinience.

What's your understanding of the word "pupper" if anything?

Only dogs? or all kinds of animals?

What's your understanding of the word "pupper" if anything?

Only dogs? or all kinds of animals?
Dogs only. For me specifically, I'll call any age and size dog a "pup", "pupper", but "puppy" is still reserved for either baby dogs or those really tiny toy dogs. It's blurry there, but it definitely only refers to dogs.

18c226bd5faa776a0f7e108d456d10b1.jpg

Does anyone take CBD? I've been taking it for almost a year now and it has changed me for the better. I feel much more confident and my anxiety has gone down tremendously. I try different forms but what has worked for me is tinctures. I would love to have a CBD business of some kind but I feel like that ship may have sailed.

Hey guys, I was wondering how many hours per day you guys work? I noticed some threads on here people who do well they tend to build their own computers, do their lawn/weed removal, have time for camping, watch movies, play video games, talk with friends, read books, date multiple women, cook food, clean, go to the gym, sleep early?

I assume most of you guys are millionaires, and Idk how some of you guys don't just pay people to do things for you while you just do business? I am assuming most of you guys work 8-12 hours.

Also, don't you have only so much willpower to let's say do extra shit like cold showers, eat super healthy, chew your food well, breathe slower and deeper, meditate, work more efficiently, workout hard, fasting for health, proper posture and healthier habits?

Does anyone take CBD? I've been taking it for almost a year now and it has changed me for the better. I feel much more confident and my anxiety has gone down tremendously. I try different forms but what has worked for me is tinctures. I would love to have a CBD business of some kind but I feel like that ship may have sailed.
I've got some CBD tincture with lemon balm, chamomile, and D3 I take when I want to conk out. Generally though smoke whole plant loaded with THC, occasionally will mix in CBD flower as well for a more relaxing high. Nothing makes handling corporate stress easier than weed. Honestly, besides the morality, electoral, and tax factors, feds should legalize the shit just to have a more pliable corporate drone force..

I felt nothing with CBD.

Also tried regular weed, but it made my pain worse and made me think I had clever ideas and gave me the strong feeling that everything would be ok (it won't), which looking back, really explains my misspent youth (smoking lots of weed).

I've got some CBD tincture with lemon balm, chamomile, and D3 I take when I want to conk out. Generally though smoke whole plant loaded with THC, occasionally will mix in CBD flower as well for a more relaxing high. Nothing makes handling corporate stress easier than weed. Honestly, besides the morality, electoral, and tax factors, feds should legalize the shit just to have a more pliable corporate drone force..

Lemon balm sounds amazing. Do you have a brand you like or do you just get whatever? My go to for tinctures is CBDistillery and for concentrates I go with Industrial Hemp Farms. I also found that full spectrum is way better for me compared to a CBD isolate. I used to smoke THC all the time but found CBD to just be better for me. I do take THC-A though, I'll take some flower and put it in a blender with some fruits and make a drink out of it.

I felt nothing with CBD.

Also tried regular weed, but it made my pain worse and made me think I had clever ideas and gave me the strong feeling that everything would be ok (it won't), which looking back, really explains my misspent youth (smoking lots of weed).

I always tell people you can't take CBD just for one day and expect to feel something instantly. I always recommend people take it every day for a minimum of a week but try to give it a real try for a whole month. It also depends what kind of CBD you get and what form you took. But, not everyone is the same and people will experience it differently.

I always tell people you can't take CBD just for one day and expect to feel something instantly. I always recommend people take it every day for a minimum of a week but try to give it a real try for a whole month. It also depends what kind of CBD you get and what form you took. But, not everyone is the same and people will experience it differently.

I know a lot of people who it worked for, but it didn't work for me and I don't have the patience to try stuff for longer periods.

I suppose it could be a question of dose.

Take something like green tea, if you up the dose to like 3-4x it will provide a noticeable anxiolytic effect and make you concentrate more.

Dose is so important, like when I was on painkillers 50mg did nothing at all, while 100mg would make euphoric.

Generally I've found that all recommended doses for legal supplements are set so low that they will be ineffective - for safety they claim.

Lemon balm sounds amazing. Do you have a brand you like or do you just get whatever? My go to for tinctures is CBDistillery and for concentrates I go with Industrial Hemp Farms. I also found that full spectrum is way better for me compared to a CBD isolate. I used to smoke THC all the time but found CBD to just be better for me. I do take THC-A though, I'll take some flower and put it in a blender with some fruits and make a drink out of it.
The sleep formula with lemon balm is Garden of Life, picked it up because it was what was available at the local natural foods store. Purchased from Endoca and Dosist in the past, no doubt the full spectrum is where it is at. My dad has some serious chronic pain and he's a fan and that's anecdotal but he's blood and so that's anecdote enough for me.

Cannabis though is interesting in that the effects seem differ significantly with building of a light to moderate tolerance. I remember fucking around with it in high school and college and it was more of a "let's get 40s and smoke a blunt and get fucked up" and get fucked up we did. Living overseas I remember getting in some bad mental places in very busy social environments because I hadn't smoked in years and the effect was just too intense.

As an adult in a legal state with legitimate craft cannabis, once I tried a few different strains and understood the massive variety that exists in flower (terpene profiles) I was in love. The potency did conk me out a bit the first few months but I really waded into the green waters slowly, starting with a PAX vaporizer (smaller, lighter, flavorful hits) before moving up to a tiny one hitter ceramic piece, and then onto a water pipe and joints more regularly when out and about.

About a month after moving away from the PAX and into more regular smoking my tolerance seemed to kind of plateau and I've been there ever since. The high I get now isn't a fucked up paranoia wild ride kind of high, it's the equivalent to letting go of my daily stressors the same that 3 beers did in my twenties. I'm content here. Extracts and dabbing pique my curiosity but I really have no desire to build any higher of a tolerance. Finding a balance point, with so many things in life, seems key to having a good time.

I do believe a person's mindset going into smoking pot has a big impact on the subsequent experience. This seems to be a theme with a lot of drugs that effect cognitive function. Everyone I know that was on the fence about it who then did try it, had some level of unpleasantness, my sister included. I've heard the same stories with mushrooms, LSD and even ketamine. You have to go in ready to embrace the ride and if you have an inkling of fear it can very easily manifest itself into a bad time real quick if you have an active mind.

I think though if one persists and breaks through the early stage the plateau is a nice level to be on. That said everyone's biology is different and no doubt cannabis isn't for everyone. I guess I'm lucky, the plant has been a perfect relaxing "ying" to my day job and gym stressor "yangs".

Take something like green tea, if you up the dose to like 3-4x it will provide a noticeable anxiolytic effect and make you concentrate more.
Every fuck with kratom? Heard similar things, at low doses cab be stimulating, I know some guys that use it before the gym. Then at higher doses I have heard it has more of an opiate-like effect. I have a few packs I got to review for an affiliate project but haven't manned up and downed a significant quantity yet to see how it plays out (it also tastes like shit too so theres that).

Every fuck with kratom? Heard similar things, at low doses cab be stimulating, I know some guys that use it before the gym. Then at higher doses I have heard it has more of an opiate-like effect. I have a few packs I got to review for an affiliate project but haven't manned up and downed a significant quantity yet to see how it plays out (it also tastes like shit too so theres that).

Yes, I am in an ongoing process of finding a trustworthy seller that will get through customs.

I bought some from Zamnesia, a dutch company, but it didn't give any effect at the doses I tried. I think it was some really bad quality, because they recommended an entire satchet of 10g which is way above other recommended doses.

I'm planning on going to Thailand in the summer, so might experiment there, because they apparantly legalised it.

This guy says things most people don't want to hear:

The way Slack decides to send a notification is quite interesting:

Hey guys, I was wondering how many hours per day you guys work? I noticed some threads on here people who do well they tend to build their own computers, do their lawn/weed removal, have time for camping, watch movies, play video games, talk with friends, read books, date multiple women, cook food, clean, go to the gym, sleep early?

I assume most of you guys are millionaires, and Idk how some of you guys don't just pay people to do things for you while you just do business? I am assuming most of you guys work 8-12 hours.

Also, don't you have only so much willpower to let's say do extra shit like cold showers, eat super healthy, chew your food well, breathe slower and deeper, meditate, work more efficiently, workout hard, fasting for health, proper posture and healthier habits?

Some days 18 hours (for months).

I don't play videos, have friends, watch sports, go to the bar, etc. Too much nonsense.
Still have time for guns, wife, home-building, cooking, dogs, farm animals, hiking, etc.
Some days I'll do the hobby/life chores for the full day or an hour here/there.

I'd rather mud drywall than pay someone else. Personal satisfaction in doing business on top of all the other life stuff. Paying for everything and doing nothing yourself, I can't do it. I loved doing the plumbing in my own house, I know how it all works, can repair anything quickly, etc. No "emergency" plumbing fees, stupid hourly rates, bs repair quotes, random people coming into my own, etc. I could be a billionaire, chump change, and still want to do it myself or at least oversee the process.

Screw paying some of these clowns handsomely to take advantage of you.

Back