STDDIOT - Stuff That Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread

Boy

Reusable Block Buster
BuSo Pro
NGL, when someone's argument for doing or not doing something in their business is "look at FAANG, Microsoft, Tesla, etc" it really grinds my gears.

DanielS

Escaping Neverland
Just got banned from the largest subreddit in my niche for posting a link to the homepage of Google Trends. No wonder I avoided the platform for so long- the mods are a bunch of neckbeards who have made it their goal in life to moderate subreddits stricter than the gestapo. FFS.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
Just got banned from the largest subreddit in my niche for posting a link to the homepage of Google Trends. No wonder I avoided the platform for so long- the mods are a bunch of neckbeards who have made it their goal in life to moderate subreddits stricter than the gestapo. FFS.
Many aren't there for moderation and for encouraging good discussion and discouraging bad. They're there for the power it gives them, and when that's the case, it always corrupts, especially when it's something like Reddit where "who cares if I banned one guy, there's 200,000 more in this sub and that guy has multiple accounts anyways".

The other side of the coin is when the mods don't do their jobs. Any sub-reddit that isn't sufficiently moderated quickly devolves to the common rock bottom denominator, and anyone capable of producing quality discussions finds greener pastures.

bernard

BuSo Pro
There was a scandal some time ago on Reddit where a handful of mods were exposed as practically running all the most busy subs.

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes. There's great power to be able to influence what shows up on the front page of Reddit. Enough that someone dedicated enough could set up a whole boiler room to do nothing but infiltrate subs and gain mod status.

CCarter

Metaverse Phase One Director
RIP El Risitas, an internet legend:

CCarter

Metaverse Phase One Director
RIP Glen Jellybean, Clark Middleton:

We're near the end now folks, only the metaverse will matter afterwards.

bernard

BuSo Pro
I don't know about you, but I smell freedom in the air. These covid communists can't keep it up for much longer.

I was sitting here drinking my San Mig beer and like when you listen to music and you feel 16 again, I drink my beer, and I am transported to Manila and Bangkok and Hong Kong and I can feel that excitement of stepping out into the damp, dark tropical night, lit up by neon lights.

The second I can leave for Asia without having to quarantine for weeks, I am gone, booking a ticket, going on a months long rediscovery of travel and just having fun.

Never again this lockdown covid! Making plans, life is too short.