STDDIOT - Stuff That Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread

bernard

BuSo Pro
What do people want to read in a Lab thread?

I know, that I usually mostly either follow threads from senior members or those who do specific threads on a specific topic.

General progress threads, I find it difficult to keep up.

I was thinking about making a new Lab thread, for my new kitchen appliance site, where I put everything together that I've learned in 3 years on BuSo. Sort of a "putting it all together" thread, but not sure if it has any interest.

I could focus on a particular subset, such as outsourcing writing and tracking performance?

CCarter

King of America
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
The most frustrating parts and how to overcome them. All the other bla bla bla is just air.

Cash Builder

BuSo Pro

I know, that I usually mostly either follow threads from senior members or those who do specific threads on a specific topic.

I was thinking about making a new Lab thread, for my new kitchen appliance site, where I put everything together that I've learned in 3 years on BuSo. Sort of a "putting it all together" thread, but not sure if it has any interest.

I could focus on a particular subset, such as outsourcing writing and tracking performance?

I’m always happy to read another lab thread. It’s a great way to see how others overcome problems, and also see if there’s any strategies and processes I can implement into my business.

I was debating whether or not to start my new lab as the method will be similar to my last couple of labs. I’m focusing more on automation and outsourcing this time, so I hope there will be something that people can take away from it.

I’ll also be trying out different affiliate programs, so that might help people who have always stuck to Amazon.

Focusing on tracking performance would be interesting, it’s one thing that I really don’t do enough of.

Ryuzaki

お前はもう死んでいる
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Digital Strategist
I just like to see people win.

Progress reports are fun for me. Learning tactics is great. Seeing people work hard is motivational.

At the end of the day, though, I just like to see people win. That gives me more fuel than anything else.

bernard

BuSo Pro
Yeah, always nice to see success, but a lot of that can go in the Bragging thread.

Sutra

Breathe the body deep
BuSo Pro

Most people want to see revenue, profit, and loss. So if you want to get the most eyeballs, that should be a priority. Make sure your thread title is good. Treat it as an actual headline. No one cares about something titled "My lab thread...", "My journey", "Giving this a shot", etc.

Aside from that, personally, if you were to include marketing tactics and processes, creating processes to scale, and growing/managing tiers of teams, I'd follow. However, I think most newbies will rather see things specific to SEO.

Think of the thread in the same way as you (hopefully) would a new site. What is the USP of my thread? What would make it more interesting than the hundreds of others? Why would people 'buy' my thread? What problem am I potentially solving for them?

For example, if with your lab thread you were talking about a site that you were developing in another language and/or targeting another country than your own. You could concentrate on the potential and actual problems you face with that and how you plan to or do eventually deal with them.
Added: (i.e. domain, hosting location, more 'local' competitors, kw research and usage, copy sourcing and editing, etc., in that particular case)

EyesExist

White Hat Genius
BuSo Pro
Free the Snow Man

CCarter

King of America
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
I don’t give a shit about the world. Because I’m not going to be here when it all goes to shit. See I’m honest with you.

When I told the Oxford kids that I thought they were going to pass out.

And I’m part of the generation that ripped the ass out of the world in the 80s. You are looking at one of the biggest ass rippers on the planet.

And I’m proud to say. I don’t mind you saving the world but don’t look to me to save it.
” - Dan Peña

CCarter

King of America
Staff member
BuSo Pro
Boot Camp
Digital Strategist
Q: Who was at this executive staff meeting?​
Gates: ... Probably members of the executive staff.​
--
--
Gate: "Well software that lets you do 'web browsing' is sometimes referred to as a web browser."

Last edited: