Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

Has anyone migrated from Rank Math to Yoast? Did it make a negative impact on your site? Looks like yoast has a pretty smooth transition option to go from Rank Math to Yoast which is helpful.

How can i properly learn about schema, i hate adding codes here and there. How automate it effectively?

At this point, I just know the whole informational articles style getting paid via display ads isn't for me as I am struggling to barely get traffic.
I sense so much impatience from your posts, man. How long do you wait until you start freaking out after an article has been published? 1 week? 2 weeks? Posts take time to age and climb the rankings.

I sense so much impatience from your posts, man. How long do you wait until you start freaking out after an article has been published? 1 week? 2 weeks? Posts take time to age and climb the rankings.
The problem is it's not ranking at all but indexed. My sites the ones I am talking about are like 2-3 years old. It shouldn't take 2 weeks just to get indexed. But the ones I refer to (articles) are at least 1 month old. My issue isn't that its ranking low. My issue is it's indexed but not ranking at all. And on my main site whenever I adjust my thing where I erase a few sections of certain articles I get indexed the next day right away. There are too many canonical issues I am facing.
Not only that but content quality as well might not be up to par, as well as the fact that my sites got hacked so, and that's taking ages to clear out of the SERPs.

Thank you, btw i am also getting experts to contribute via HARO, can i add them in my schema too?
Or this isn't a legit activity.
When you say "experts" are these people you actually have contact with or are they personas you created?

If the former - are they also listed on your site, anywhere? If not, why would it make sense to have them in your reviewedBy schema. If the latter, what's the point? You likely have no entities created to correlate them to.

I’m a fan of the Semplice web development platform…but I may have blinders on that keep me from seeing the potential in other options. If you were to recommend something else I should strongly consider researching and getting to know, what would that be?

Thank you!

Quick question.
If I remember rightly, Kyle Roof reckons that a website post title should be exactly the same as the url
However, if I want to change the post title to target a better keyword, then do I have to change the url (and go through all the rigmarole of 301 redirects etc).
Opinions please.

Opinions please.

If the URL is getting significant search engine traffic I wouldn't change the URL and do a 301 redirect. Waste of energy and the potential loss in search engine traffic for little gain has bigger down side.

If there is little traffic going to the URL than you have nothing to lose and can do the 301.

But all this is assuming Mr. Roof's theory is accurate. I like that thought process, but have never tested it.

Kyle Roof reckons that a website post title should be exactly the same as the url

Did you check what pages are ranking for your keyword? Do they have the same post title as the URL? I look at my competitors almost every day and I have almost never seen the post title be the same as the URL.

I have a potentially dumb question about Canonical.

Our money pages are area pages; each page targets a specific UK location.

We have set the canonical to be the version of our page that includes https://www. on all of our pages. However, for one of the area pages, Google Search Console is giving the error “Duplicate, Google chose different canonical than user”. The URL that google chooses omits the www. part of the URL.

So it is accepting our canonical for every page apart from this one. Google has decided the version with only https:// is the canonical that should be used and the www. part should be omitted.

What steps should I take to set this page up appropriately? Ideally, I’d like every page to use the same format, whether with or without the www. part. However, it seems like I need to set the canonical on the outlying page to remove the www. If I set the canonical to include www. and Google says not to, my ranking for that page falls off a cliff.

Should I set my canonical to the same as Google has chosen and be done with it? Or is there a way to keep my house-style URL format?

Thanks for your help.

What steps should I take to set this page up appropriately?
Why not redirect the whole domain to the WWW version?

The non-WWW versions shouldn't even be rendering, it should automatically get 301ed to the WWW version if someone where to land on it.

Why does the non-WWW exist?

Why not redirect the whole domain to the WWW version?

The non-WWW versions shouldn't even be rendering, it should automatically get 301ed to the WWW version if someone where to land on it.

Why does the non-WWW exist?
This is an excellent point.

I am unsure why there are two versions. I simply uploaded the website files to my Apache server and let them be. I didn't consider duplication at the time.

I have now updated the .htaccess to redirect the entire site to the WWW version. My next step will be ensuring all canonical tags are the WWW version.

I am using relative URLS throughout my site for internal linking. Is this okay, or should I be using absolute links, including the WWW?

I am using relative URLS throughout my site for internal linking. Is this okay, or should I be using absolute links, including the WWW?

No that's perfect, you can use relative URLs. Doing that redirect should solve all your problems with Google, eventually.

I'm putting together a small review board for my website/brand. Does anyone have experience with the going rate for getting people with experience on board? In my case, they don't really need to do much work except be okay with having their face, experience, and social profile on my website.

Which plugin/software do you guys use for newsletters? Is Mailchimp a good option, or is MailPoet better?

Do you have any recommendations?

Which plugin/software do you guys use for newsletters? Is Mailchimp a good option, or is MailPoet better?

You want a free option or a paid option? For free, I'd use MailerLite. Paid you can use something like Market Hero or AWeber.

I'm a big fan of MailerLite, super easy to use, good delivery rate. You get basic automation in the free plan too!

Hi all,

Newbie to all this and was wondering if the second meta tag (<meta name="title" content="Title here">) is required/recommended at all? The reason I ask is because it'll be the same as the "<title>Title here</title>" tag anyway.

HTML:
<title>Title here</title>
<meta name="title" content="Title here">
<meta name="description" content="Description here.">

TYIA

Separately but related, and absolutely infuriatingly, Google is appending a word to almost all of my results in Google results. And the word is not my site title! It looks like this - not my site but it looks like this site might be experiencing the same thing:
o4NVWYM.jpg

The problem is, the word it's appending is not my site title or niche! For example, if my site was about sports, I've written 30 articles about NFL, 30 articles about NBA, and 2 articles about tennis - and now Google is appending the word "Tennis" to my search results for seemingly no reason.

So I have an article with H1 and Meta-Title "Top Performing NFL Players of 2023" but it's appearing in Google results as:

"Top Performing NFL Players of 2023 - Tennis."

It's maddening. I even view source and the word Tennis appears neither on the page or in the source code. For some reason Google just appends the word "Tennis" to almost all of my pages for no reason.

Any idea why this is happening and how I could avoid it? I suspect it has a negative impact on my CTR.

Edit: The second issue started around the time of Google's most recent update. So it might be a bug or related to that? Still annoying. On the bright side my traffic has tripled since the update so it's not the end of the world, it is annoying though.

Turns out this is probably a bug, also affecting other people:
I expect it will be fixed.

What's the secret to the success of this site, PetKeen? It's barely 4years old and gets millions of visitors every month. Doesn't seem to have been hit by any of the Google algorithms.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a question, so i want to start new channel for my site, i just single publisher that running a site, but i want to expand the channel on youtube. how to hire someone to create youtube videos for our niche, i mean, i don't want videos just slideshow about our articles, i mean real persone that can be shown on the videos.

Newbie to all this and was wondering if the second meta tag (<meta name="title" content="Title here">) is required/recommended at all?
I don't use it. You do need the first, but the second is optional. I imagine any browser or API or application at this point will have at least accommodated using <title> in addition to the meta title tag, if not completely migrated their code to it fully.

i have a question, so i want to start new channel for my site, i just single publisher that running a site, but i want to expand the channel on youtube. how to hire someone to create youtube videos for our niche, i mean, i don't want videos just slideshow about our articles, i mean real persone that can be shown on the videos.
You can hire people who are willing to produce videos like this on Upwork or Fiverr.

Back