Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

You can hire people who are willing to produce videos like this on Upwork or Fiverr.
do you have an experiences on it? let's said my niche is about plumbing repairing, can they make a videos about it? i mean you know, hard for me to explain.

brand-signals-for-seo.png

Hey WooNation,

There is a bit of confusion lately on what's going on with the SEO and the latest algorithm updates. There have been reports of whole site no longer blogging since around Sept 2022 update, big brands even. That action is odd, a bit alarming, but understandable since I believe they ARE missing critical components to their online presence.

Something I want to talk about today is Brand Signals. I see it over and over again, websites that have a small footprint on social media and other platforms that get decimated since Google can't really trust them.

b0JdpKg.gif

Think about it logically for a moment, if Google took the time to create Twitter carousels, YouTube carousels, Pinterest carousels, TikTok carousels, Google News, People Also Ask questions, curate Wikipedia content and other rich search elements, wouldn't those be an indicator that brands participating within those arenas are taking their online presence seriously?

Learn about Brand Signals For SEO

To the top of the SERPs,
Carter & Jason
Do you think you need to show yourself on multiple social media channels or will Google reward you for just being active on twitter as an example?

Do you think you need to show yourself on multiple social media channels or will Google reward you for just being active on twitter as an example?
It's amazing to me that someone would ask the above after reading that article; It seems like you're already trying to find a justification for doing less?

Why invent these random scenarios where-in Twitter, Facebook, or etc. are the pre-requisites for ranking? Just create all the social proof you can, they're fucking free.

You're telling me that you can't be asked to create socials across all the major platforms he lists?

CCarter notes if you're a recipe blogger and other bloggers use Pinterest - well geez do you think you should be on Pinterest? How about Tiktok? YT? OR should we simply say - X is the only platform that matters.

Why not create as MUCH opportunity for traffic as possible?

He even goes on to talk about being a Septic Tank Cleaner and them creating YT videos.

Upon YT searching "septic tank cleaning" - this homie appears to have done just that: https://www.youtube.com/@PoorPumperSociety - with little to no competition and amassing 295k followers on YT.

Of those socials, his Twitter has the least amount of traction.

Here's another example - this dude trims the hooves of cows professionally:
https://www.youtube.com/@TheHoofGP - 1.88M subs.

So he records himself on YouTube for the people that get off on the hoof trimming of dairy cows while including tid-bits of information that are digestible.

He likely knows most viewers don't give a shit about industry stuff and just want to see a Cow's hoof get trimmed - rather he created a course for trades-folk that may be interested: https://www.learnthehoofgp.com/functional-hoof-trimming-full-course-info-page

Similarly, twitter is this Guys least active signal: https://twitter.com/hoofgp

---

Again, why are you already trying to find justifications to do less work?

It's amazing to me that someone would ask the above after reading that article; It seems like you're already trying to find a justification for doing less?

Why invent these random scenarios where-in Twitter, Facebook, or etc. are the pre-requisites for ranking? Just create all the social proof you can, they're fucking free.

You're telling me that you can't be asked to create socials across all the major platforms he lists?

CCarter notes if you're a recipe blogger and other bloggers use Pinterest - well geez do you think you should be on Pinterest? How about Tiktok? YT? OR should we simply say - X is the only platform that matters.

Why not create as MUCH opportunity for traffic as possible?

He even goes on to talk about being a Septic Tank Cleaner and them creating YT videos.

Upon YT searching "septic tank cleaning" - this homie appears to have done just that: https://www.youtube.com/@PoorPumperSociety - with little to no competition and amassing 295k followers on YT.

Of those socials, his Twitter has the least amount of traction.

Here's another example - this dude trims the hooves of cows professionally:
https://www.youtube.com/@TheHoofGP - 1.88M subs.

So he records himself on YouTube for the people that get off on the hoof trimming of dairy cows while including tid-bits of information that are digestible.

He likely knows most viewers don't give a shit about industry stuff and just want to see a Cow's hoof get trimmed - rather he created a course for trades-folk that may be interested: https://www.learnthehoofgp.com/functional-hoof-trimming-full-course-info-page

Similarly, twitter is this Guys least active signal: https://twitter.com/hoofgp

---

Again, why are you already trying to find justifications to do less work?
Not sure if I have upset you before or something like that, but I find my question quite interesting. I was thinking if SERPWoo could see some clear signals with their data, if one or more social media platforms would benefit more or less.

I get that "owning" your brand on all social media is better, but if numbers would say that one will benefit you as a start-up site, it would be good to know for new people, I guess.

If I could boost my E-A-T with just Twitter, for example, as a full-time working dad of two and manage to boost my income and transition to working with my site full-time, of course, I would work on all social media channels.

But anyway, I wasn't trying to cheat away; I was just curious if the work I put in on my Twitter could potentially help me or not..

The input you gave on the YouTube guys was really good and eye-opening. Thank you for that. =)
I appreciate all your posts on this forum, they are informative and I'm learning a lot.

Not sure if I have upset you before or something like that
Never.

I just can't wrap my head around the above; There's almost ZERO utility in mental-masturbation-style questions like that in my brain, so it doesn't track with me.

I know they all drive traffic, so I try to take advantage of the fact that they're completely free to do; The only limiting factor is me.

if SERPWoo could see some clear signals with their data, if one or more social media platforms would benefit more or less.
I mean isn't that the point of CCarter's article though? He's telling you they all can matter and if they don't matter for your vertical, why not try to make them matter?

The poop guy did it and the hoof guy did it, you can too.

I mean say I built bird houses and I sold them on my ecom website.

I'd record myself building said bird-house, time-lapse-style or voice-over the build. I'd create schematics for the designs and post those on Pinterest, I'd post the finished product on Instagram (same bird house can be used multiple times for multiple photos later), I'd shorten those timelapse videos with jump-cuts and post them on YT shorts/Tiktok.

For that same bird-house, I'd also look for keywords that I could potentially write on whilst still using it for the videos/photos above. Maybe there's a certain type of wood people use, a certain paint (for attracting certain birds), etc....even just writing this post I was curious:

"how to hang a bird house" - "how to attach birdhouse to tree" - "how high should a birdhouse be"
"where to put bluebird house"
"bird house vs bird feeder"
"how to attract birds to birdhouse"
"birdhouse from pallets"

Is that all time-consuming? Ab-so-fucking-lutely.
But, so is running a business in general - whether you're sucking poop, trimming the hooves of dairy cows, or building bird houses.

I get that "owning" your brand on all social media is better, but if numbers would say that one will benefit you as a start-up site, it would be good to know for new people, I guess.

If I could boost my E-A-T with just Twitter, for example, as a full-time working dad of two and manage to boost my income and transition to working with my site full-time, of course, I would work on all social media channels.

Most, if not all those socials can be automated/scheduled though - even something basic with IFTTT. If you're a single father/parent you could plan your days in advance and dedicate "work-time" towards scheduling said posts.

If your content is something people want to read, watch, digest, they'll do their damnedest to seek you out and follow you across the platforms they use so they can enjoy your content.

I just can't wrap my head around the above; There's almost ZERO utility in mental-masturbation-style questions like that in my brain, so it doesn't track with me.

I know they all drive traffic, so I try to take advantage of the fact that they're completely free to do; The only limiting factor is me.
I get what you mean. Now that we have talked about it, I understand and I also agree that my question was shit.

Because I am in a knowledge-seeking state and looking for information to grow, I tend to look at things from one perspective. You, who have more knowledge than me, look at my question and think "wtf, why is he asking that".

Thanks for sharing your experience, I am 1% better today :D

Do you disavow compound links?

I've been putting links rated as toxic into the disavow list, but was wondering if compound links should be disavowed too. The urls themselves look sketch. On a positive note, recently discovered that the project got a legit backlink earlier this year. That precious elven bread is mental fuel ~

Yo quick question, so I think last month or something. Or maybe a while back I deleted a whole bunch of posts because I thought they were garbage. Now it shows some of these URLs on: "Not Found 404" on my Search Console. Am I suppose to do any redirecting or anything? Because I tend to draft/trash a lot of older content maybe to increase/improve topical authority and such.

I've bulked up on something like 40 posts a week ago or so and posted them all in one day. I noticed that GSC indexed them really fast but on my GSC -> Performance -> Pages my articles show up like 4 a day or something. is that normal or just GSC lagging and is the Indexing Part more important to look at instead of the pages under "pages"?

Can anyone let me know if it is possible to retain the WHOIS date when drop catching a UK domain?

I thought that if they were backordered and caught then the date would remain intact but just checked a couple I picked up and found both dates reset

What tool do you guys use to check your page/keywords ranking? And when do you decide when it is time to rewrite an article that is not ranking to well?

I thought that if they were backordered and caught then the date would remain intact but just checked a couple I picked up and found both dates reset

If you're catching names that have dropped, the date will reset, even if they've dropped for only 0.01 seconds before being registered again.

If you win a domain at auction that's expiring but hasn't gone through the entire expiration process yet, it will retain its age - like when a registrar auctions off domains that haven't been renewed, but haven't fully dropped yet. But if you're dropcatching (or using a platform that catches a drop and sends it to auction), the age is going to reset because it's been deleted and then re-registered.

What tool do you guys use to check your page/keywords ranking? And when do you decide when it is time to rewrite an article that is not ranking to well?

Ahref and Google Search Console give free keyword rankings, that over time are precise enough.

For rewriting articles, I would rather look at Google Analytics and see which articles are not getting much traffic at all, that all depends on the topic, because even 50 visits can earn you decent money with expensive products/leads, but if it's less than 100 monthly, then something is probably wrong with the keyword selection. I'd probably rewrite it into a text with a keyword with more searches.

If you're catching names that have dropped, the date will reset, even if they've dropped for only 0.01 seconds before being registered again.

If you win a domain at auction that's expiring but hasn't gone through the entire expiration process yet, it will retain its age - like when a registrar auctions off domains that haven't been renewed, but haven't fully dropped yet. But if you're dropcatching (or using a platform that catches a drop and sends it to auction), the age is going to reset because it's been deleted and then re-registered.

Ah ok thanks for explaining. So do you think they lose the SEO value of their links if the WHOIS date resets? People still seem to be buying em on auction sites even with a fresh reg date

With dropped domains it can go both ways. That goes for all ages domains tbh. I've had one work pretty well, but I make sure there's no downtime more than 3mo, good links, clean, etc. Might be that you're keeping the links but not the domain age, but they can work for sure.

With dropped domains it can go both ways. That goes for all ages domains tbh. I've had one work pretty well, but I make sure there's no downtime more than 3mo, good links, clean, etc. Might be that you're keeping the links but not the domain age, but they can work for sure.

Ok thanks. I'd asked previously on here about the criteria people used when looking for an aged domain and was told other than obviously no spammy backlink profile would be original whois date intact and still indexed in Google. But interesting to hear they can still work if the date resets

I want to monetize this blog which has 30K pageviews per month. Most traffic from India, Pakistan and South Asia.
What'd sell in south asia? What kind of sponsorships could I get? I am open to sponsorships. Would it be a good idea to spam my blog with random guest posts?

I don't want to sell it either.

I want a passive income flow of 50-100$ per month from the blog.

Hello,

I have a newbie question. I'm currently working on a website and my goal is to monetize it through Google AdSense. During my competitor research, I discovered that a site which receives the highest amount of traffic for the keywords, do not own the domain name with umlauts, even though they advertise themselves on their site using umlauts.

For an example:
My competitor domain is ausflugen.de, but their logo displays ausflügen.de. Ausflügen.de is free, my domain is ausflugens.de.

Would it be worthwhile for me to purchase this domain and redirect the traffic from the umlaut domain to my own site?

Thank you in advance, everyone!

Hello,

I have a newbie question. I'm currently working on a website and my goal is to monetize it through Google AdSense. During my competitor research, I discovered that a site which receives the highest amount of traffic for the keywords, do not own the domain name with umlauts, even though they advertise themselves on their site using umlauts.

For an example:
My competitor domain is ausflugen.de, but their logo displays ausflügen.de. Ausflügen.de is free, my domain is ausflugens.de.

Would it be worthwhile for me to purchase this domain and redirect the traffic from the umlaut domain to my own site?

Thank you in advance, everyone!
If the domain is free and they get a lot of traffic? You would have to be careful about the legal side of things, I think. I am not familiar with the German law in this area but there is a common law concept of 'passing off' in the British legal system. Maybe “unlauterer Wettbewerb”?

Incidentally I would have thought that most German-speaking companies would have got the ue version of their domain as well. So 'ausfluegen'.

If the domain is free and they get a lot of traffic?
Domain is free. They get around 45k monthly visits, a little over 10% is a direct traffic. I bought the domain, but I'll leave it as it is for now. I'll take a closer look into the legal side of things later on.

Thank you for the answer ToffeeLa!

Ok I have a question and I am not even sure how to ask it but I will try.

I recently fixed all my categories and sorted all my articles into new categories and sub categories.
Before I had a Home category that some of my artciles landed in when I didnt know where to put them.

So now when I have done that and I am visiting my homepage from a browser or mobile all I see is old articles that are sitting in Home and its saying like posted 8 mins ago but it was like 3 weeks ago.

I cleared all catche and everything on my browser and I have tried on different devices with same result.
The strange thing is that when I loginto my WP-admin account and check my site everything looks fine but it is when I try to go to my site from outside.

I really dont know what the problem is lol, trying to find if there is some sort of option to pick most recent article and list them that way but without luck.

So any help would be cool lol.

@Zoro, there’s another layer of caching to be cleared, either a CDN or most likely some server-side Varnish cache (or Ezoic maybe).

@Zoro, there’s another layer of caching to be cleared, either a CDN or most likely some server-side Varnish cache (or Ezoic maybe).
It was the Cache at Ezoic for anyone who have the same problem.
Thanks for your quick answer.

Hello Guys and Girls,

I am working on a course/book/PDF/worksheet that I plan to release for free on my website.
I plan to release it in PDF or word or what ever doesnt really mather, or different formats in a zipfile.

I have a few questions.

1. Should I make it copyright or release it with a website that can hold it for me? OR what site do you use for free downloadable stuff like this?
2. How do I connect my file to a image? What I mean is that I want to have a pop up or a picture on my site that says "HERE is a free book" and when they click it they have to provide the email before download.
3. Or is there is possibility to connect it to a popup that says write your email to get your free xxx PDF and it autosend it?

I know the questions go into each other and that I am writing this kind of messy but I hope you get what I mean.

Hello Guys and Girls,

I am working on a course/book/PDF/worksheet that I plan to release for free on my website.
I plan to release it in PDF or word or what ever doesnt really mather, or different formats in a zipfile.

I have a few questions.

1. Should I make it copyright or release it with a website that can hold it for me? OR what site do you use for free downloadable stuff like this?
2. How do I connect my file to a image? What I mean is that I want to have a pop up or a picture on my site that says "HERE is a free book" and when they click it they have to provide the email before download.
3. Or is there is possibility to connect it to a popup that says write your email to get your free xxx PDF and it autosend it?

I know the questions go into each other and that I am writing this kind of messy but I hope you get what I mean.
Hi Zoro,

Here are my answer to your three questions :-

1) Out of the three questions you have asked, first one is not very clear. As you want to offer the ebook for free on your website, it is entirely upto you to make it a copyrighted one or not. In both case, it will be free and accessible to your readers. In my personal opinion, you should not allow the material in the ebook to be copied and used by anyone for any commercial or promotional purpose. For the second part of your question i.e. the site to use for free downloadable stuff like these, you should use your own website to host the file for the ebook. It is the most common norm for such types of lead magnates.

2) I assume that your website is built on wordpress. You can use any of the pop up plugins like Optinly, Optinmonster or Fluent Form to create a popup offering the ebbok. In case it is not built on wordpress, you may use any other pop up script (I think Optinly has such option) to offer the ebook through a pop up. Once the visitor enters his email address and click the submit button, you can redirect him to another page on your website where they can download the file.

3) To get the ability to autosend the ebook to the email address of the visitor, you need to set up an email service provider (any free option will do in most cases for upto 500 contacts). This way wehenver someone enter his email and press the submit button, his email is added to the email list at the server of email service provider and an auto email is sent to the visitor's email with the download link. You may use a combination of any popup script with any decent email provider like Mailchimp, Convertkit, Encharge, Sendinblue etc to accomplish this.

The above are pointers in the direction you need to take. Setting up such lead magnate is definitely work and has a learning curve, But once done, it is all mostly automatic.

I hope this helps.

Back