Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

How tough is Google Adwords...if you have a small budget and want to test the waters...is it necessary to hire a Pro? How do Pro's get paid to run Google Adword accounts ?

I have spammy looking posts linking to all different posts on my site, which is still successful, bringing in 10-20k/mo.

i dont understand WHY someone makes these type of posts, which are clearly generated automatically without human touch. Often times they link to a photo and their page has text that makes little to no sense

Theres maybe thousands of these sites with links that point to my site, do I disavow these? Why do people create these anyway?

Do an embed youtube video on topic help ranking on google? I've seen various answers.

I don't do youtube so it might lead people away from my site?

Do an embed youtube video on topic help ranking on google? I've seen various answers.

One of my top posts brings in 30k ahref traffic which I rank #1 for. Not really relevant to my niche tbh... maybe like 1% relevant lol?

I've zero images in there. I embedded one TikTok video and one youtube video, both of which aren't even mine.

Unfortunately I'm not young anymore and don't look good enough to be a GQ model to be making my own youtube videos...

Yeah, it helps you rank in the video section on Google.

I am stuck trying to figure out what vertical/niche to start with
I have also read numerous articles and watch few videos but I still am not able to decide
any resources/advise?

I am stuck trying to figure out what vertical/niche to start with
I have also read numerous articles and watch few videos but I still am not able to decide
any resources/advise?
Unless I'm writing content, I don't believe in the "which niche?" question.

Nowadays I mostly outsource the content. So, I choose a good niche and research it for a week or two to get a hang of it. And then proceed with the keyword research.

Does anyone know a tool that would be able to find out whether your website has like duplicate content? Likee the other day I realized there was 2 articles that were basically talking about thee same thing. So I removed the other one which wasn't that good.

I am just asking if there's like a quick/lazy way to find them all through your website? if not I can obviously do it manually but I'd prefer if there's some quick way.

Does anyone know a tool that would be able to find out whether your website has like duplicate content? Likee the other day I realized there was 2 articles that were basically talking about thee same thing. So I removed the other one which wasn't that good.

I am just asking if there's like a quick/lazy way to find them all through your website? if not I can obviously do it manually but I'd prefer if there's some quick way.
What you're talking about is keyword cannibalization.

Most SERP trackers actually have this implemented - On my SERP tracker it will ping me/notify me if I have pages that cannibalize each other. I've also seen other serp trackers implement these features too; If you're using a tool to track rankings, see if they have the feature.

I personally use Serpwatch.io and bought it when they ran a lifetime deal 2 years ago for like 6000 keywords. Here's their help page* to see what I mean in regards to the above.

*You might have to ctrl+f for keyword cannibalization but the short of it is "You will now receive notifications whenever the app detects more than 1 organic result for the same keyword."

Ahrefs ranking history graph can do the same thing.

Unless I'm writing content, I don't believe in the "which niche?" question.

Nowadays I mostly outsource the content. So, I choose a good niche and research it for a week or two to get a hang of it. And then proceed with the keyword research.
what research do you do?
so I will need to learn keyword research before I start?
how do I outsource the content?

This is a thought I want to lift and it's just an exemple. I like to writer in first person.

If I have 2 sites and one of them is my "main".

Lets say I am creating a lot of short content and want to test them out by publishing them with minimum effort on the "trash" site and see what works.

The article that work, I would move to my main site and expand and make it even better. I think people call it a "fishnet".

Is this something people do and why would it be a good thing to do?

@Zoro, that's good thinking but I feel like it's only worth pursuing if you're working at scale. If you have two sites in the same niche though, it could make sense to really hammer the non-main site with shorter, easier articles and see what ranks, and then have much better versions of the winners on the main site, to hopefully produce more longevity.

It's what the AI site owners are doing for the most part. Just publishing trash on trash domains to see what can rank and then using the info for their real sites.

But the problem is you'll always be working on extremely low competition, and perhaps extremely low volume keywords, unless you power up the non-main site, too. Which makes me wonder (with no real conclusion) about if it would be better to just go hard on one site with good content and links without the fishing expedition first. Even the non-winning articles would be paid for by the winners and help bolster the site up.

YO im getting
Duplicate without user-selected canonical
These pages aren't indexed or served on Google.
it has my url and near the end, it says this.
"EzoicUserDataProtection"

I got a stupid question again, I did google but people cant seem to answer questions properly on articles and blogposts. Who could have known.

So im building my articles like this (example).
H1 -> Intro -> H2 (KW phrase) -> H2(KW phrase) -> H3(sometimes kw phrase) -> H2(KW phrase) -> Conclusion etc.

I know that my H1 KW should (if possible) be early in the text, in a h2 and in the end of the article.
But if I have other KW´s in the H2s/H3s, is it an unwriten rule that those kws have to be in the text multiple times also? Because most H2s KWS I write doesnt need to be answered with the kw phrase again.

But am I missing out on better rankings because of this?

So I just built a brand new site using WP over the weekend... some serious learning curve coming from WIX.

Anyway question is for all the blog posts it links to the author at the top By: Author
It shows the correct display name but the URL says domain.com/author/email/
It uses my email as that page... I can't edit the page... how do I change the slug for that?

So I just built a brand new site using WP over the weekend... some serious learning curve coming from WIX.

Anyway question is for all the blog posts it links to the author at the top By: Author
It shows the correct display name but the URL says domain.com/author/email/
It uses my email as that page... I can't edit the page... how do I change the slug for that?

Use this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/edit-author-slug/

YO im getting
Duplicate without user-selected canonical
These pages aren't indexed or served on Google.
it has my url and near the end, it says this.
"EzoicUserDataProtection"
If the pages aren't indexed then there's zero concern. Sounds like a URL Parameter being tagged on by Ezoic, which is essentially a duplicate URL. And you don't have canonicals set up, it sounds, which would be pointing to the original URL (without the parameter).

H1 -> Intro -> H2 (KW phrase) -> H2(KW phrase) -> H3(sometimes kw phrase) -> H2(KW phrase) -> Conclusion etc.
This is sufficient. You don't have to type the key phrases in the non-header text, too, though you can. The real question is whether or not the article is long enough to do this without it being obvious keyword stuffing. Being over-optimized is as much of a problem as being under-optimized, but what you're describing is plenty. Though you should have the keyword in the H1, which is likely the same as your title tag, too, where it should also be.

Hey, guys let's say in my niche I am trying to make a template builder basically, I don't want to say too specific because I wanna keep my niche hidden.

So basically on Google, I noticed that there are 2 rankings. The first one is ranking doesn't even have a tool, it just has text as template that people can copy and paste manually and the blog post under it is good. However, it's not a tool. A 2nd result is a tool I was thinking to mimic. But should I skip getting the tool, it's basically where you click a button and can add links of text for a certain template on their website and hit another button to easily copy and paste it.

In a scenario like this is it smart to not get a tool since getting more plugins in WP, in general, would cause more lag?

How tough is Google Adwords...if you have a small budget and want to test the waters...is it necessary to hire a Pro? How do Pro's get paid to run Google Adword accounts ?
I'd recommend doing a whole bunch of niche research (study your niche) and keyword research with in-depth competitive analysis before spending anything on paid traffic. You want to know exactly what you're going to be bidding on before spending a single dollar.

Once you know what your competitors are bidding on, you'll get a better idea of where (keywords) and what to spend (budget).

I got a stupid question again, I did google but people cant seem to answer questions properly on articles and blogposts. Who could have known.

I know that my H1 KW should (if possible) be early in the text, in a h2 and in the end of the article.
But if I have other KW´s in the H2s/H3s, is it an unwriten rule that those kws have to be in the text multiple times also? Because most H2s KWS I write doesnt need to be answered with the kw phrase again.

But am I missing out on better rankings because of this?
Nah, bro. Your H1 should be the same as your title tag. H2's can be used for secondary keywords (alternative variations to your target keyword), and H3 tags where needed; ie to further expand on a sub-topic to a H2 tag.

Example:
H1 "Should I Buy My Kid an Airsoft Gun?" (same as title tag)
H2 "Are Airsoft Guns Safe For Kids?"
H3 "Types of Airsoft Guns for Kids"
H2 "Ideal Airsoft Gear for Kids" (Once the subject changes, go back to a H2 tag)

BTW, only ever use one H1 tag on a page/post.

I keep publishing as much as I can. But my traffic is stuck.

What would you do in that case? Should I work on backlinks, more content, better page? My load and site design is ok if I compare to competitors.

Nah, bro. Your H1 should be the same as your title tag. H2's can be used for secondary keywords (alternative variations to your target keyword), and H3 tags where needed; ie to further expand on a sub-topic to a H2 tag.

Example:
H1 "Should I Buy My Kid an Airsoft Gun?" (same as title tag)
H2 "Are Airsoft Guns Safe For Kids?"
H3 "Types of Airsoft Guns for Kids"
H2 "Ideal Airsoft Gear for Kids" (Once the subject changes, go back to a H2 tag)

BTW, only ever use one H1 tag on a page/post.
Yeah for me the post title/headline are the H1. So I start with my post titel (h1) then intro and h2/h3s. :D

I keep publishing as much as I can. But my traffic is stuck.

What would you do in that case? Should I work on backlinks, more content, better page? My load and site design is ok if I compare to competitors.
Ahrefs posted a blog post today called How to Rank Higher on Google (10 Steps)

They shared this image:

Yyz0pse.png

That's pretty much how it goes. You sound like you're doing the right things. Plateaus are very common with breakthroughs that come later with certain Google updates. All you can do is do what you know is right, continue to promote the content (and receive backlinks from that, too), and build links.

Content itself needs to age as much as domains do. Very frequently you'll find yourself in a position where you have X amount of posts published that are yet to become "activated" in the SERPs. That's a good place to be, and you shouldn't stop and wait, because then you won't have the next batch of content waiting in the wings and you'll lose momentum.

Ahrefs posted a blog post today called How to Rank Higher on Google (10 Steps)

They shared this image:

Yyz0pse.png

That's pretty much how it goes. You sound like you're doing the right things. Plateaus are very common with breakthroughs that come later with certain Google updates. All you can do is do what you know is right, continue to promote the content (and receive backlinks from that, too), and build links.

Content itself needs to age as much as domains do. Very frequently you'll find yourself in a position where you have X amount of posts published that are yet to become "activated" in the SERPs. That's a good place to be, and you shouldn't stop and wait, because then you won't have the next batch of content waiting in the wings and you'll lose momentum.
Thank you, yes we do everything right based on this everything is pretty simple now. But what I don't like is that we keep moving up and down. Latest google update dropped my traffic for like 20%.

I feel like why I'm not ranking for harder keywords. It's simple my domain age is not that "old" i'm in this game for years, but others are for like 5 years at least and this is biggest con.

I wondered if I would buy over expired domains . net just domains with high PA/DA and redirect them to my original site. Would that even help? Or it's not worth it?

Or.. maybe I should buy expired domains . net high PA / DA domain and testing if I would rank better with older domain? Opinion on this? Thank you

Back