Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

Ahrefs posted a blog post today called How to Rank Higher on Google (10 Steps)

They shared this image:

Yyz0pse.png

That's pretty much how it goes. You sound like you're doing the right things. Plateaus are very common with breakthroughs that come later with certain Google updates. All you can do is do what you know is right, continue to promote the content (and receive backlinks from that, too), and build links.

Content itself needs to age as much as domains do. Very frequently you'll find yourself in a position where you have X amount of posts published that are yet to become "activated" in the SERPs. That's a good place to be, and you shouldn't stop and wait, because then you won't have the next batch of content waiting in the wings and you'll lose momentum.
Agree with @Ryuzaki we're far too impatient with this process and I'm no exception...

You kind of need to think of this as like a Religious Business.
- Religious in that you need FAITH to keep on doing what you're doing despite what you see going on.
- Business in that you should really evaluate performance every QUARTER (3 months) rather than staring at the charts on a day to day basis. All major businesses release quarterly reports.

My google analytics stopped showing traffic and Ive been trying to fix it for weeks now.
Anyone had a simular issue?

My google analytics stopped showing traffic and Ive been trying to fix it for weeks now.
Anyone had a simular issue?
Yup, happened to me with a site that had GA4/UA installed via the CAOS plugin.

The issue seemed to be with gtag.js, but I never figured out why it wasn't working with my site anymore. I reinstalled it through the plugin and then tried it manually, too. None of that worked.

Finally, I just switched to analytics.js instead of gtag.js.
That solved the problem, but I only have UA now, not GA4. So really just kicking the can down the road.

Is there a way to set alerts in Google Analytics (UA) that triggers when traffic to a page declines by more than a certain % a week? or at least a weekly report showing which pages declined? I know of the manual way to do this using the "compare" feature.

To start a new project with a business partner or alone? I'm in perception. In one way having partner would be cool because honestly from time to time I really hate working alone, as there's no one to talk to. Yes I've got friends who also do business, but you can't really go in depth with stuff, as they also have their own problems, less time etc.

So here I am thinking to start with a partner, someone I know. He'll get around 15-20% cut. So total that I would get is around 60 - 65% , as there will be one other key person behind that we need.
What's your take on this?

Goal to make is 100.000$ a month. Possible? Yes, I've worked for a few people in simillar niche.

To start a new project with a business partner or alone? I'm in perception. In one way having partner would be cool because honestly from time to time I really hate working alone, as there's no one to talk to. Yes I've got friends who also do business, but you can't really go in depth with stuff, as they also have their own problems, less time etc.

So here I am thinking to start with a partner, someone I know. He'll get around 15-20% cut. So total that I would get is around 60 - 65% , as there will be one other key person behind that we need.
What's your take on this?

Goal to make is 100.000$ a month. Possible? Yes, I've worked for a few people in simillar niche.
What his he bringing to the table? If he's your friend, don't do it.

What his he bringing to the table? If he's your friend, don't do it.
He can do emailing, graphic design and video montage, but honestly I can pay this to someone too. It's just more off like he helps me, but with the team I could be happier because working alone is a bit different.

One question that I have is. I just published like a week ago few articles and they are ranked in images for example and somewhere in 3rd - 4th page, but for some reason it's ranked category and not article.

Why the heck did google rank category with cover image and not article? Is this just a problem with Google and it will change after some time to article? It's really weird that this happened. Most articles are ranking, but latest some just rank like this which is really weird.

Is WP Rocket a must for optimizing site speed?

Can you live without it or does it just make your life that much easier?

He can do emailing, graphic design, and video montage, but honestly I can pay this to someone too. It's just more off like he helps me, but with the team I could be happier because working alone is a bit different.
Why not hire full-time staff and rent an office if you don't feel like working alone?

You can try perfmatters with any free caching plugin.

I have a niche site making $50-80 with about 70 articles, I made the mistake of going after 0-50 monthly SV keywords in its early stages. It got hit by the recent algorithm update probably because it has no backlinks and now I'm thinking of buying some links for it. What type of links would you recommend for someone trying to get as white hat as possible on a low budget?

Agree with @Ryuzaki we're far too impatient with this process and I'm no exception...

You kind of need to think of this as like a Religious Business.
- Religious in that you need FAITH to keep on doing what you're doing despite what you see going on.
- Business in that you should really evaluate performance every QUARTER (3 months) rather than staring at the charts on a day to day basis. All major businesses release quarterly reports.
Amen to that, to stay religious:wink:

Moving to a litespeed server and installing LiteSpeed Cache plugin changed my life in terms of website speed. I did this a few months ago.

You don't need other plugins for images, css/js or cache. It’s all-in-one.

Last edited:

Moving to a litespeed server and installing LiteSpeed Cache plugin changed my life in terms of website speed. I did this a few months ago.

Do you pay for the lightspeed plugin?
I still get crazy image loadtimes when i test it on https://pagespeed.web.dev/
And I really don't understand what I am doing wrong lol.

Do you pay for the lightspeed plugin?
I still get crazy image loadtimes when i test it on https://pagespeed.web.dev/
And I really don't understand what I am doing wrong lol.
No, it's free. There are some paid features I believe. I do not use them.

I get 99 on mobile (1 second LCP) at the Google pagespeed test you mention.

What I believe makes it so powerfull is that it's all-in-one and synced with the litespeed server (I swtiched hosts for it). For me, it works perfectly.

To be clear, I am not affiliated with this plugin. Combined with the litespeed server it just did wonders for my pagespeed.

Who do you get to make TikTok ads?

Put it together from stock videos or get someone on Fiverr or find models or?

A huge media publication recently linked to one of my stats pages, but the link is a no-follow link. Would you kindly ask them to put the link on do-follow or keep it as it is?

A huge media publication recently linked to one of my stats pages, but the link is a no-follow link. Would you kindly ask them to put the link on do-follow or keep it as it is?
Leave it since you got it for free. Most media sites now automatically set external links as nofolllow.

Anyone have issues with Instagram? If I search #dog it will only show 9 results and the feed won't load beyond that. Tried a VPN, another browser, another account, desktop/mobile, etc. No luck... Profile feeds load just fine though

Read some reviews about WP rocket vs Litespeed and it seems like... they both do things well the other one is not good at lol?

Maybe I need both... I'll make a decision once I'm close to monetizing. Most of the pages so far averaging around 90~ which isn't terrible

Yup, happened to me with a site that had GA4/UA installed via the CAOS plugin.

The issue seemed to be with gtag.js, but I never figured out why it wasn't working with my site anymore. I reinstalled it through the plugin and then tried it manually, too. None of that worked.

Finally, I just switched to analytics.js instead of gtag.js.
That solved the problem, but I only have UA now, not GA4. So really just kicking the can down the road.

I fixed the problem after like 20 hours of google. I used the plugin MonsterInsights and it automatically added tags to all my pages. For some reason when I switched layout all my tags disappeared.
There is other ways so im not saying this is the best and I am in no way affiliated with this plugin.

Reactions: zak
I now have $4k-$5k to spare a month from my website income after content costs. How should I invest it on my website for the fastest growth? Invest in links through a linkbuilder?

I now have $4k-$5k to spare a month from my website income after content costs. How should I invest it on my website for the fastest growth? Invest in links through a linkbuilder?
How much content do you have on the site?
What is your trafic? Are you aiming for affiliate or adrevenue etc?

How should I invest it on my website for the fastest growth?
Explore different sources of traffic. That will help you SEO indirectly as well as give you better cushion if SEO traffic dips. You can start with ideas from Traffic Leaks and go from there.

More articles I would say.
I am trying to scale content but I'm struggling to find good writers. I also don't want to lower the content quality on my site by hiring too quickly.

How much content do you have on the site?
What is your trafic? Are you aiming for affiliate or adrevenue etc?
Around 350 articles. Traffic is around 100k sessions a month currently. A sizeable (30%) part of the total revenue is affiliate. But I am looking to drive more ad revenue going forward through informational articles/keywords.

Explore different sources of traffic. That will help you SEO indirectly as well as give you better cushion if SEO traffic dips. You can start with ideas from Traffic Leaks and go from there.
I'll look at that. I have a small email list now which I'm developing for selling my course.

Back