Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

We can agree on a % but, these are deals that will happen on the phone after multiple calls/emails. I can track the first call, but after that will lose visibility.

I'm not an expert on this but I'd suspect you should be able to tag a number as "yours" and have your pal attach email addresses to it too and any additional phone numbers. Then on the conversion, you could then check all that to see if you played a role. It boils down to trusting him to do that, and if he does it zero times over the course of time, he's not playing fair.

Otherwise, that's typically how it goes for lead gen and affiliate sales. You get scraped and shaved and cheated. A old story told since man still walked on four feet.

Is there any way to boost SERP rankings without contextual links?

I am really scared to buy HQ backlinks...
You could try safe ones such as profile links

Anyone remember the good old times when Google had that "keyword wheel" in the bottom of serps? You could basically see exactly how Google grouped keywords. Of course, this was before AI and content grouping. What would be the current equivalent?

I would assume "Related Keywords" through the chrome plugin keywords everywhre.

Hi everyone my first post here.

I learnt SEO in 2012 (mostly reading on blogs and warriorforum) and then stopped doing internet marketing.

I want to restart learning SEO again for my new side project. I plan to have the site with passive adsense and amazon affiliate/ebooks.

One of my friend recommended buildersociety.

Do you guys recommend any blog or video course (free/paid) which will be helpful for learning SEO?

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask the question.

Cheers
SeoNewbie

Do you guys recommend any blog or video course (free/paid) which will be helpful for learning SEO?

Don’t waste your money on “paid” course for SEO, SEO is extremely easy, there is no magic. You were recommended BuSo cause of this: Digital Strategy Crash Course

Start there and it will open your eyes on what is possible.

Does Medium allow affiliate links or redirects? I want to test a viral technique in a niche, that I don't have or want a site in.

Does Medium allow affiliate links or redirects? I want to test a viral technique in a niche, that I don't have or want a site in.

They do allow affiliate links if you disclose it. (via here, ctrl+f for "affiliate" to see the full section.)

I don't think I'm allowed to post a comment that is only saying "thank you", so I'll take my chance now. Thanks @Ryuzaki for your help with my Adsense question. I have not had the time to test all your recommendations yet, but will hopefully find time to do it today. Thanks a lot!

I have another newbie question: I've found a domain that is to be free soon. It has over 2k links to it. The link profile is very strong. However, the site is an old blog portal. So all the links are to sub-domains like:
charles.domain.com
Fitnessgod.domain.com

And so on.

My idea is that I will just make a 404 that redirects to homepage. But what do you guys think? Does this make the domain worthless, since the links are coming to sub-domains? What's your thoughts?

I bought another domain and now thinking of buying the above domain and 301 it to my new domain.

That would mean that all of the subdomains (emma.domain.com, fitnessgod.domain.com etc.) would also go via this 301. Could this be seen as 100's of different domains being 301'd to my new domain?

I'm cool with 301'ing like this. But since this domain has several subdomains, I wonder if this could potentially be a problem? What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
That would mean that all of the subdomains (emma.domain.com, fitnessgod.domain.com etc.) would also go via this 301. Could this be seen as 100's of different domains being 301'd to my new domain?

I'd expect every single subdomain to be treated as a separate domain in the eyes of Google. If you're concerned, I think 301'ing them to their own main domain is safer than shooting them all off to another domain. I think if you're legitimately acquiring businesses you can do as many as you want. I've seen people do a dozen or more and it's fine. But 100's is getting funky to me, not that I have any proof of such a thing. But 100's of subdomains redirecting to their own parent I think is fine. The real question is, are they all worth redirecting? Do they all have links? You only need to salvage what's worth salvaging.

You definitely want to use business accounts on Pinterest and I would say as many business account as makes sense. Pinterest seems to be wanting to start halting anything too broad, for instance they're doing this with group boards and favouring organic search from group boards with related niches, etc rather than free-for-alls. Am I an expert? No, but I've read my fair share around the subject.

What is the best method to scrape Facebook Marketplace listings?
Selenium?

What is the best method to scrape Facebook Marketplace listings?
Selenium?
Yes, or puppeteer. The client is very JS heavy with a lot of bot traps and dynamically generated styling and structure.

I advise using xpath selectors for extra logic firepower

Yes, or puppeteer. The client is very JS heavy with a lot of bot traps and dynamically generated styling and structure.

I advise using xpath selectors for extra logic firepower

Honestly seem like more hassle than it's worth for my strictly data reading purpose.

I just Googled "Best drill machine", and basically every result is Indian. What the hell is this? If the adress doesn't end with "domain.in" then there is "India" in the article title. Really strange.

I went on google.com/ncr just to make sure there isn't a DNS problem, but the result is the same. Do you guys get the same Indian results?

My guess is that the term 'drill machine' for a normal drill is typical for Indian English, and not as common in US/UK English. (Native speakers, please correct me if I'm wrong)

My guess is that the term 'drill machine' for a normal drill is typical for Indian English, and not as common in US/UK English. (Native speakers, please correct me if I'm wrong)
Depends what you are talking about: hand drill, pneumatic drill, power drill, cordless drill, etc. etc.

If I saw 'drill machine' (as a native UK English speaker) I would expect an industrial-style drill for use in a factory setting.

Depends what you are talking about: hand drill, pneumatic drill, power drill, cordless drill, etc. etc.

If I saw 'drill machine' (as a native UK English speaker) I would expect an industrial-style drill for use in a factory setting.
Ah, yes, that is what I would have guessed. The search results are about simple hand-held power drills.

Haha yeah, I figured that out a few seconds after my post. Tried to delete it, with that reason, but apparently admin didn't agree to that. :-)

Haha yeah, I figured that out a few seconds after my post. Tried to delete it, with that reason, but apparently admin didn't agree to that. :-)

I undeleted it because you started a conversation that several people had replied to but hadn't quoted you, so the context wasn't obvious for other readers. It doesn't make sense to ask a question, get answers, and then delete the question.

I undeleted it because you started a conversation that several people had replied to but hadn't quoted you, so the context wasn't obvious for other readers. It doesn't make sense to ask a question, get answers, and then delete the question.
I understand. There were no replies when I requested it to be deleted, though. Otherweise I wouldn't have tried deleting it.

Where online can small business go for help for digital marketing?

Earlier in my website's life, I made a 'best of' post that was pretty generic - imagine "best flip phones". Is it possible to edit the slug on the URL to "best fip phones for running" without having to do any redirects? If there does need to be redirects, or something else, what ones?

I want to make the URL more specific because I'm writing another article in a similar area at the moment (but not similar enough to be part of the same article) and don't want there to be any confusion of duplicate content.

Why don't you just leave the slug as it is? And use a different one for the new article? The slug doesn't mean anything when it comes to what is on the page or what people use to link to it (unless they are using the url as the text in the link and even then it's hardly crucial).

If you are thinking 'oh, I have to do this because this SEO tool told me to', then whether a web page is called jlkj34gmlke.php or best-flip-phones-forever-honest-guaranteed-guv-youll-never-find-a-bargain-like-this-again.php really has minimal influence on any rankings.

Posting from my Laboratory thread, as I know not everyone reads them.

At the moment, jeff@domain.com is auto-forwarding to jeff@jeffscompany.com. I'd like to have this set up where either I can:
  1. set up a list of keywords that auto flags the email to not be forwarded
  2. have a system where I login each morning and manually review each email before approving it to be forwarded
Does anyone know of a tool that could work as a G-suite extension or something that can be built using Zapier that would achieve either (or both) of these scenarios?

Do you all have a baseline minimum of what you expect a piece of content to earn each month (directly or indirectly) for it to be worth your while?

Do you all have a baseline minimum of what you expect a piece of content to earn each month (directly or indirectly) for it to be worth your while?

Not really, but I'd say it should earn itself back in 12 months imo, that's considering either time spent writing or outsourcing cost.

Reactions: DD1
Back