Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

There's no ahref 7$ trial anymore, unfortunately. Keyword research is everything man, literally if you know good enough keyword research this business is super easy. IF NO one is ranking for a particular keyword or maybe quora ONLY, you can literally write wrong information as long as it's relevant, and it will outrank.

However it's much harder to find those type of keywords in certain niches.

Semrush trial then. Thanks for the advice

Is it viable to outsource Authority Hacker style outreach these days?

If I make some linkbait, pillar page content and tell people niches and keywords, can they do the whole automated email scrape, outreach, re-mail etc?

And then they can present me with offers to buy links or whatever else shows up.

Is it viable to outsource Authority Hacker style outreach these days?

If I make some linkbait, pillar page content and tell people niches and keywords, can they do the whole automated email scrape, outreach, re-mail etc?

And then they can present me with offers to buy links or whatever else shows up.

@Steve Brownlie was offering this LinkBait type service a couple years back. Not sure if he's still doing it.

I'm at a point where I can buy links, is nichewebsite.builders good? Any one of you tried it? And where should I point the link?

@Steve Brownlie was offering this LinkBait type service a couple years back. Not sure if he's still doing it.

Yeah we're still one of the very few who can do 100% unpaid links if that's what's needed. We, of course, offer the paid links all the other 'outreach' providers offer at scale etc but if you're patient and understand what's really needed for unpaid links (time and non-sales pages mostly) we can absolutely still get the job done including building the linkbait for you (fancy animated stuff or just a good article tailored to your style and budget!).

Small Little SEO question:
Okay so this guy who gets a ton of traffic, it's like a gaming directory site, if I scroll at the very bottom this guy has footer section which has 3 sections. 1 column which has interlinks, other column has mostly external links and last is also internal links.

Sorta like this guy has: (These guys do every little thing to gain a competitive edge that's why I ask)
bf24b83a8a8ecd81c7870185f1775ce9.png

My question is, would this help out your website in terms of just SEO overall throughout the site? For example, let's say if you were in the camping niche again. If you were to add in the bottom: "Camping Resources" and right under it, you would add: "What is Camping" then link to wikipedia, "Get Started Camping" link to REI or super authority site, "Find Campsites" link to some big site like hipcamp, "Read More About Camping" link to amazon affiliate link to some camping book.

Okay so this guy who gets a ton of traffic, it's like a gaming directory site, if I scroll at the very bottom this guy has footer section which has 3 sections. 1 column which has interlinks, other column has mostly external links and last is also internal links.

Sorta like this guy has: (These guys do every little thing to gain a competitive edge that's why I ask)

My question is, would this help out your website in terms of just SEO overall throughout the site? For example, let's say if you were in the camping niche again. If you were to add in the bottom: "Camping Resources" and right under it, you would add: "What is Camping" then link to wikipedia, "Get Started Camping" link to REI or super authority site, "Find Campsites" link to some big site like hipcamp, "Read More About Camping" link to amazon affiliate link to some camping book.
This isn't an answer to your question, but I think it's advice that you would do well to take to heart.

If you ask too many questions, especially about relatively unimportant things, people will stop giving you advice, especially if it seems like all you want to do is circlejerk yourself with questions instead of learning through taking action. From there, you won't be able to get questions answered when you actually need it.

Best wishes.

What's old is always new again with SEO, including interlinks. Linking to top level pages in your footer is a great way to pass link equity around. You can think of it as serving a similar function to a top nav, just residing in a different location. Gives you more freedom to link to more stuff without fucking up top nav UX.

As for outbound links, wouldn't have those in any site-wide element, footer/sidebar whatever, very easy to give Googs the impression your trying to pass massive juice. Link to primary sources and authorities all you want in body content but footers should be all your own content. I wouldn't include Wikipedia as an authority OBL either btw.

But you say these SEOs are competitive, which makes me curious. Mind DM'ing the domain? I wouldn't mind sniffing around a little bit :wink:

This isn't an answer to your question, but I think it's advice that you would do well to take to heart.

If you ask too many questions, especially about relatively unimportant things, people will stop giving you advice, especially if it seems like all you want to do is circlejerk yourself with questions instead of learning through taking action. From there, you won't be able to get questions answered when you actually need it.
It's ironic, in the time it took you to write that non-response you could have just responded. Furthermore, do you honestly think internet forum advice is a finite thing? Like oh no, this user used it up so tell him to fuck off? They weren't demanding anything of you, just asking a fucking question. This ain't no boy that cried wolf scenario it's a person asking an SEO question on an SEO forum..

Here's some advice that would that YOU would do well to take to heart; say something nice or don't say anything at all.

I remember reading a casestudy on this by Seachpilot last year:
https://www.searchpilot.com/resources/case-studies/adding-internal-links-to-home-page-footer/

What's old is always new again with SEO, including interlinks. Linking to top level pages in your footer is a great way to pass link equity around. You can think of it as serving a similar function to a top nav, just residing in a different location. Gives you more freedom to link to more stuff without fucking up top nav UX.
That's an interesting thing you pointed out. I thought the times when people did that were long gone.

But yesterday when I did research of my competition, I realized probably 80% of them do that now again. Same when I investigated other niches. And they all are performing good.

"What's old is always new again with SEO", well said, I never thought of that!

Yeah I suspect what happens is people watch some video or take some course that lays out how homepages get often have the most RDs and that spreading that link value around equitably is a matter of thoughtful interlinking. In the past I feel like the most common way was sidebars, linking to new posts/categories etc. Top nav mega-menu's can serve a similar function but idk, I've seen absolute shit shows when it comes to mega-menus on smaller mobile devices.

Given the UX issues with jam-packed mobile mega-menus, and given that it seems people are trending away from sidebars in favor of full-width content, that kind of leaves the footer as the last vestige for that sweet sweet homepage interlinking (and of course showing off all your disclosures and presumed EAT bullshit).

Funny how such a humble element, oft ignored (so many massively trafficked mom blog type sites with theme designer footer links intact) then can pop up as massively popular for a given time. Glen Allsopp when he highlighted how so much of the web is owned by a few corporates, at that time, he brought to light how they were using footer links BETWEEN DOMAINS to juice their new projects.

That stuck with me, how big players can flagrantly get away with shit that Google explicitly warns against and which can burn smaller independently run web properties..

Yes.

In any case, my advice still stands as the best advice I could give him in response to his question, and I stand by it completely.
Fair enough, you've got limited time to allocate to BoSu responses and that's perfectly fine. I never meant to argue against your advice either, maybe for you, at your level, such questions are irrelevant.

The reason I responded the way I did though was I'm happy to reply to these types of questions, and perhaps other forum members are too. Making a blanket statement like some kind of emperor "speaking for everyone" rubs me the wrong way. The reason I've always enjoyed this community is because compared to most forums MOST people here seem to put in a solid amount of time and effort helping each other out, a rarity these days.

I'd like to see that rarity preserved. If peoples questions get too pedantic for you maybe you can just ignore them? Maybe other people would be happy to respond? Like, can we all just respect each others freedom to choose?

Any advice on video editing software? I figure to make my own videos for posts instead of using other people's videos. I should probably make a journal because I don't think I'm doing some things correctly, trying something new here.

Any advice on video editing software? I figure to make my own videos for posts instead of using other people's videos. I should probably make a journal because I don't think I'm doing some things correctly, trying something new here.
DaVinci Resolve is a powerful program. It offers both a free and paid version. There are a ton of YouTube videos for education on nuances of the software (if needed).

Vegas Pro is another good option (you used to be able to upgrade fairly cheaply if you could pick up an old version of Sony Movie Studio but not sure if that is still the case).

With all video editing programmes, make sure you comfortably exceed the minimum technical requirements.

depends on what type of videos. I recommend:
- Veed.IO
- Filmora 9
- Sony Vegas
However, if you want to create those videos with like stock images and text, just go with pictory. I don't think they sell lifetime deals anymore. I was lucky enough to get it early.

Hey folks,

Curious - so I have like 3-4 sites that I haven't touched in a very long time. They all have content, they all had existing traffic in the past (traffic has dipped down to single digits)

Now as time permits, I was thinking about working on them again. My question is, would you rather just start off fresh again with a brand new site, or try to work on these existing sites, re-optimize them, update fresh content?

I figured, a brand new site..it would take a LOT longer to rank, when these existing sites already ranked and it just needs a bit of TLC.

My theory/concern is that maybe Google dinged these sites since it was abandoned? Or that doesn't matter?

Thanks!

I figured, a brand new site..it would take a LOT longer to rank, when these existing sites already ranked and it just needs a bit of TLC.

My theory/concern is that maybe Google dinged these sites since it was abandoned? Or that doesn't matter?
I’d say that, while a domain might have been indexed longer, it can still be low trust if there aren’t many indexed articles, I’d there’s a lack of topical relevancy, and a lack of higher authority backlinks. In these cases, new content will also be distrusted and will take longer to rank.

if this is your case, how much of a difference will there be compared to a new domain? Hard to say. But you did indicate they’re low traffic sites.

I think better variables to weigh is if you want to work on these or if you just don’t want to waste past work and would like a head start (sunken cost fallacy).

I’d like for there to be some firm answer for you but I think it’s simply a decision to make at this point. Doesn’t sound like it’ll be that advantageous to me. If you want a fresh start, this is probably a good time.

If you would create a quiz on your website, would you go for an external tool like Typeform or a WP plug-in?

Email questions

I have an ebook that I want to use to collect emails:

Email popup, is it better to have an ebook graphic or to have some kind of more attention grabbing graphic, but don't show an e-book graphic?

Would it be worth doing some fancy formatting of a free e-book for email collection or doesn't it matter?

Is it good to point links towards a just published post or should I let it age a little first?

Is it good to point links towards a just published post or should I let it age a little first?
The bottom line is it's fine. But how quickly you see results will depend on the trust level of your site. Some sites can have articles rank extremely fast, in which case some links can make it happen faster. Some sites Google isn't quite willing to let that happen yet, in which case you'll get credit for the links, though you may not be given the results immediately. In time you'll receive the full benefits, though.

IMO, you should think like the algorithm. How does a page that's not getting any traffic getting backlinks? Let it age a little bit before building some links.

Back