Newbie Question(s) so dumb, you're afraid to even ask!

Can't I pay someone on fiverr to make my DA 50 or some shit on Ahrefs & Moz? Then start selling links? Or
Maybe if I accept guest posting for free and get free content that ranks on Google and maybe make money that way? Is allowing free guest posts to get free low comp keyword content to rank on Google and build up my traffic a good idea or nah?
Alternatively, you could just get to work creating and publishing your own legitimate content. All the time you spend messaging back and forth with guest posters, formatting their posts for your website, finding images, etc. could be spent creating content that has a higher chance of delivering an ROI on your time (if you do things correctly).

Also, so today I got a comment on my site saying if they would be interested in doing link exchange/guest posting since my blog is somewhat similar topic and stuff. And I am actually interested in doing this since it's somewhat related but, it seems to be a scraper site with 6000+ posts. Should I go through with this?
Scraper links are garbage. Most people literally ignore links from scraper websites when they do competitor analysis- that's how garbage they are. The answer, however, depends on what you define as a scraper website. Is it a general niche website with articles about every topic under the sun? Is it a website that literally copies other web pages? Or, has the website written content about literally every single keyword in a broad niche?

This got me thinking instead of doing email outreach or anything of that, can't I just literally go on random blogs in my niche and just comment that same exact comment? Is this a bad idea, would the success rate be low or what? Cause I was interested in this so I am assuming others would be as well yeah?
Yes, you could comment on other blogs in your niche in this manner, but most of your comments will be flagged as spam and probably never seen. You'd be better off doing some legitimate marketing and building a relationship with the website owners, then talking with them about a link exchange (or guest posting, etc.). The easier a link is to obtain, the lower quality it usually is.

Can't I pay someone on fiverr to make my DA 50 or some shit on Ahrefs & Moz? Then start selling links?
This is a scam. You’d be getting scammed and then you’d sell links, becoming a scammer yourself. It’s just a way to trick Ahrefs and newbies. Your site will still have zero power and effectiveness.

Oh well, I already paid someone to get my DA up to like 50 or something. Well at least I will be less likely to get targetted on stealing my keywords and it'd make more sense since I have things like "featured in" with big authority sites.

Also, I didn't know link exchanging is not allowed by Google, someone said links, where you both send each other a link back, aren't valued that well. Makes sense cus otherwise people would just keep exchanging links.

I have this page that's bringing in thousands of pageviews per month while ranking top 2. The problem is that I did not double-check the URL slug before publishing it so it's wrong and not targeting the keyword properly. I think the only reason that it's not ranking 1st in Google is due to the slug.

Would you guys recommend changing the URL? From what I understand changing the URL is a big NO and would likely affect SEO negatively.

Oh well, I already paid someone to get my DA up to like 50 or something. Well at least I will be less likely to get targetted on stealing my keywords and it'd make more sense since I have things like "featured in" with big authority sites.

Also, I didn't know link exchanging is not allowed by Google, someone said links, where you both send each other a link back, aren't valued that well. Makes sense cus otherwise people would just keep exchanging links.
Dude, what the fuck are you talking about “Oh well”? Your posts are terrible but if you were at least serious about being successful then that would be cool. You’d make progress. But this “Oh well” attitude about fucking your site up shows you don’t give one shit. Why are you even here? Leave.

Dude, what the fuck are you talking about “Oh well”? Your posts are terrible but if you were at least serious about being successful then that would be cool. You’d make progress. But this “Oh well” attitude about fucking your site up shows you don’t give one shit. Why are you even here? Leave.
No how is my site screwed? They said it's whitehat. I said Oh well because now I can't do anything. Shaun Mars also said it might be a good idea to get this service so your website doesn't get all its keywords stolen. I am serious and will make progress.

There's about 5 original images I need across a bunch of subdomains and I'm not sure which is the best route SEO wise. After each image is uploaded into every subdomain, it'll about 250+ images. And yes, I know all unique images are best these images fit perfect across subdomains and that's a lot of graphic work.

Here's the options I've brainstormed:

1. Make each of the images "unique" for every subdomain (think watermark or border), but 250 images is a lot to photoshop and make unique. This has the benefit of being able to watermark contextual info in there, but seems a little manipulative.

Example - Think about a picture of a rainbow, then I upload it on root as "rainbow" but the rest are "rainbow-with-red", "rainbow-with-blue", "rainbow with green" etc ....but google may see a similar image with all kinds of file names/alts/titles across various subdomains.

2. Upload the same image, file name, and alt text across every subdomain although this isn't ideal. I don't think there'd be a duplicate content issue, but I'd be missing out on valuable image SEO stuff.

3. Somehow share media files from the root > the subdomains. But this leaves a lot of image SEO on the table since the image "rainbow" will be on a page about "rainbow-with-red", "rainbow-with-blue", "rainbow with green" etc.

Q's:

I'd likely choose 1/3 to be on the safe side, but what do you guys think is the best route? And is there any way to share images from the root, to each subdomain?

Ps, it had to be made on subdomains, so please don't try to convince me to revert way from them.

Last edited:
There's about 5 original images I need across a bunch of subdomains and I'm not sure which is the best route SEO wise. After each image is uploaded into every subdomain, it'll about 250+ images. And yes, I know all unique images are best these images fit perfect across subdomains and that's a lot of graphic work.

Here's the options I've brainstormed:

1. Make each of the images "unique" for every subdomain (think watermark or border), but 250 images is a lot to photoshop and make unique. This has the benefit of being able to watermark contextual info in there, but seems a little manipulative.

Example - Think about a picture of a rainbow, then I upload it on root as "rainbow" but the rest are "rainbow-with-red", "rainbow-with-blue", "rainbow with green" etc ....but google may see a similar image with all kinds of file names/alts/titles across various subdomains.

2. Upload the same image, file name, and alt text across every subdomain although this isn't ideal. I don't think there'd be a duplicate content issue, but I'd be missing out on valuable image SEO stuff.

3. Somehow share media files from the root > the subdomains. But this leaves a lot of image SEO on the table since the image "rainbow" will be on a page about "rainbow-with-red", "rainbow-with-blue", "rainbow with green" etc.

Q's:

I'd likely choose 1/3 to be on the safe side, but what do you guys think is the best route? And is there any way to share images from the root, to each subdomain?

Ps, it had to be made on subdomains, so please don't try to convince me to revert way from them.

Your first option can likely be done very easily and quickly with some kind of macro.

Your first option can likely be done very easily and quickly with some kind of macro.
Good point, but not sure if this is possible since the text of the watermark needs to be custom for each image to make it unique. It's 5 original/custom images and the remaining 249 would still be duplicates if I did this. I think anyways

Last edited:
Hey, random question:

Can I create a site in a more general niche in order to beat my competitor who is in a VERY specific niche that already has a lot of traffic and backlinks I try to gain more links naturally by building many tools that they do not possess? (AND It's not like articles, you can't just create better content, it's more like a directory listing site, and don't say "just make your directory listing much more thorough or something", it won't work in this scenario. I just found a really good niche thing that I personally am good at, done it, have experience from before, and could make me A TON of money, I know the exact competitor took him 1.3 years, how much he makes EACH month, he's not more competent than me, and not reliant on pumping out articles.

For example:
- League Of Legends Coaching <- Let's say this is my main goal to basically have a website around this. My competitor has a lot of backlinking good high traffic keywords and I don't want to go for low comp low traffic keywords. Also assume my competitor is using a lot of SEO known things to get one up, like EXACT match domains and stuff, they are on the SERP for a while now. (1 year or 2)

Can I beat them with this strategy:
- League of Legends World <- You create a site that is much broader. You create tools for let's say: League of Legends Summoner Name Generator, League of Legends Summoner Stats Viewer, League of Legends Hacking Script, Forum.

Basically, I am saying you create all these other tools to acquire backlinks, and sure you make some money with them cus you are getting traffic and stuff. But, you built these tools SOLELY because you want to rank high/beat your competitor on google. Would a strategy like this work? I mean you are branching out, you have less relevance, you have fewer backlinks to start out with, you don't have an exact match domain.

And without revealing my niche and stuff, assume that the actual CONTENT cannot be improved, I know in this case, you can provide better coaching or whatever but in this thing, you can't sorta like a directory listing site.

Can I beat my competitor? Assuming the fact that I build tools in other areas to hopefully acquire backlinks and maybe beat a site that is more relevant? Not only that, assume that they get a lot more traffic and naturally backlinks as well. Also, one thing I want to say is that these tools will get traffic from Google and I will be able to rank them. And also keep in mind the backlinks I will naturally get will point to the tools section NOT the section I want to rank for. So assume I have more backlinks pointing to other sections of the site than my competitor but, the competitor has more links pointing to his homepage which is the MAIN section than I will have on that particular section on my site.

BTW I am still doing this, I am just wondering if I should do the general approach with tools or also try to do exact match and just make the whole site on that particular thing but then I am going to need to constantly keep link building. (My competitor can't do this since he's domain is exact match.)

One more question:
For those who know anything about mediavine, do you know if you can put it on websites that are just a tool basically? Like a youtube video downloader that gets mil visits, does mediavine allow this? I ask this because I see a lot of sites that are tools basically only run google adsense, why??

Which other vendors than Odys do we have of expired domains that we can vouch for here on BuSo?
https://www.spamzilla.io

That site collates tons of expired domain auctions with great filters to sift through them. It's how vendors like ODYS find their domains before flipping them for 3-5x the price.

Hey, random question:
With Carter on this. You seem like you're incredibly motivated but you're asking hundreds of questions as if this forum is your own personal Google. Decide on one strategy and commit to it. Maybe make a case study thread and pitch any relevant questions there.

I know a good number of successful people, and 90% of the time their first success comes from focusing on one project. Decide on the project you want to build, set your goals, and get after them. Ignore everything else.

Hi,

I’m planning to setup automated and non automated emails to send to people who have might have opted in to receive emails, but I’m really not sure what the best way to do that is.

Is it recommended to use your primary domain or instead use a sub domain of the primary domain or even a new domain for marketing emails?

I was thinking of using one of the well known available autoresponders mainly just because they seem simple to setup and manage. However I’ve seen mention on here of some other options.

I’d appreciate any direction that anyone could give me.

Last edited:
Hi,

I’m planning to setup automated and non automated emails to send to people who have might have opted in to receive emails, but I’m really not sure what the best way to do that is.

Is it recommended to use your primary domain or instead use a sub domain of the primary domain or even a new domain for marketing emails?

I was thinking of using one of the well known available autoresponders mainly just because they seem simple to setup and manage. However I’ve seen mention on here of some other options.

I’d appreciate any direction that anyone could give me.

If they are not opted-in, Autoresponders won't be much of a help.

I am guessing you are looking to send Cold Emails. In that case, use a secondary domain (Not a sub-domain of your primary domain) which redirects to your primary domain. Identify a problem they might have, explain how you can solve it, keep the email short, don't include any link or use any spam trigger, and you should be good. Also make sure to warm up your email id for 30+ days before sending any email by a known service (e.g. Lemwarm, Warmupinbox etc).

When doing outreach for pages with commercial intent (Review post, round up posts etc.) are you straight mentioning that you are willing to pay for a link?

Something like "What would it take to get a link on site XXX. We are happy to pay for this…"

It feels strange to use the typical skyscraper outreach message for such content. Everyone knows it's about making money on these sites.

When doing outreach for pages with commercial intent (Review post, round up posts etc.) are you straight mentioning that you are willing to pay for a link?

Something like "What would it take to get a link on site XXX. We are happy to pay for this…"

It feels strange to use the typical skyscraper outreach message for such content. Everyone knows it's about making money on these sites.

I would use a phrase like:

"I'm obviously willing to compensate you for your time in some way. I have other sites you could publish on in return or I could share your site on my SoMe or pay you for the time spent publishing".

Plausible deniability and in some cases, website owners would actually rather prefer the alternatives. I'd rather have a linkswap usually than $100. I'm also not into SoMe, but many are, and when I began doing outreach some years ago, many where willing to accept guest posts in return for being shared on SoMe if you had like 10k followers.

Hey anyone know a way to do this:

Basically, if I wanted to let's say for example check for all keywords/questions regarding camping on quora or reddit, how would I do that without any keyword tools? Is this possible without any keyword tools/free tools?

Recently, I keep seeing this keyword on my search console queries tab:

mykeyword site:mywebsite.com

It's coming from different countries. As of now, it's getting around 900 total clicks. And that's just after a few days. The weird thing is its happening on the same keyword. The keyword is not even ranking first.

Is this some kind of attack? I can't imagine any normal people would search like that.

Last edited:
How do I get the side panel on GA4 to "stick"?
In Universal Analytics, it has this convenient button that you can use to make the panel auto hide or not.
Universal-GA.jpg

But in GA4, there's nothing.
GA4.jpg

I don't want this "auto hide" behavior since I want to see everything on screen. Thanks.

Hey not sure if this is the right place for this one or not. But is anyone else having issues logging into the amazon associates dashboard for amazon.com. I haven't been able to log in all day. In the middle of tax season and trying to print off my income statements. A little late I know lol.

Hey not sure if this is the right place for this one or not. But is anyone else having issues logging into the amazon associates dashboard for amazon.com. I haven't been able to log in all day. In the middle of tax season and trying to print off my income statements. A little late I know lol.
Yep, it’s been down all day for me, too

I'm ranking with a post that has the wrong search intent at place 6. (For quite competitive keyword) The post with the right search intent isn't ranking in the top 50.

Both posts have a keyword where 2 words are overlapping. Example: I'm ranking in the "Best VPN services " SERP with my post "Best free VPN services".

Should I slightly change the keyword and URL of my "best free VPN service" post, even if I'm risking to lose the ranking?

Hey anyone know a way to do this:

Basically, if I wanted to let's say for example check for all keywords/questions regarding camping on quora or reddit, how would I do that without any keyword tools? Is this possible without any keyword tools/free tools?
You could potentially google one keyword at a time and filter using site:quora.com

Otherwise just take out a $7 Ahrefs trial and blast through it

No issues here, you could try a different browser

Recently, I keep seeing this keyword on my search console queries tab:

mykeyword site:mywebsite.com

It's coming from different countries. As of now, it's getting around 900 total clicks. And that's just after a few days. The weird thing is its happening on the same keyword. The keyword is not even ranking first.

Is this some kind of attack? I can't imagine any normal people would search like that.
Super weird, and no idea. Wouldn't overthink it though, could be a bot of some kind. Focus on building your site

I'm ranking with a post that has the wrong search intent at place 6. (For quite competitive keyword) The post with the right search intent isn't ranking in the top 50.

Both posts have a keyword where 2 words are overlapping. Example: I'm ranking in the "Best VPN services " SERP with my post "Best free VPN services".

Should I slightly change the keyword and URL of my "best free VPN service" post, even if I'm risking to lose the ranking?
If the long-tail keyword is in your URL, you might be committed - URL changes can torpedo a post for a long time. If the 'right keyword' post is still recent, it might need time to fully rank and could well end up doing better.

What to do is your call, just be aware that any major changes can drop an article's ranking until Google understands the updated post. IMO just make the post the best you can (you might get more clicks by standing out from the others) and consider doubling down on optimising/boosting post that's actually targetting the keyword.

Wouldn't treat it like Google loves that specific post instead of your targetted one, and so you change the long tail only to have that drop as well. You could end up losing both your main and long tail keyword rankings. (Although maybe worth the risk if this article doesn't give you much traffic/income right now).

There's no ahref 7$ trial anymore, unfortunately. Keyword research is everything man, literally if you know good enough keyword research this business is super easy. IF NO one is ranking for a particular keyword or maybe quora ONLY, you can literally write wrong information as long as it's relevant, and it will outrank.

However it's much harder to find those type of keywords in certain niches.

Back