My Volume Content Strategy

Close enough- that's insane growth. All of this was from employing your volume content strategy (aside from age, etc), yes?
Yes exactly.

It is accelerating faster than I expected as the volume of new content increases, ages and indexes.

It is like a snowball speeding down a hill.

15 months to exit although at this rate it might be sooner...

@MrMedia what's your thought on all these AI content generators, are you using any for your content?

So what revenue are you seeing with 1M+ traffic. The reason why I am asking is that in your previous AMA you said that around this traffic is when the earnings reach selling territory? Just curious if your risk-appetite has increased from the past.

So what revenue are you seeing with 1M+ traffic. The reason why I am asking is that in your previous AMA you said that around this traffic is when the earnings reach selling territory? Just curious if your risk-appetite has increased from the past.
Thats SEMRush metrics to illustrate growth.

Revenue is roughly 50-75% of my target before exit.

I feel well diversified at this stage (stocks, property, and crypto) plus websites so will allow me to push the risk levels on this and hold for another 12-16 months.

I have no idea how to insert images to this forum... MODS - help.

4qJMjUj.png

Progress....
nice job man! Someone entered a niche I'm in and I thought it was you for a while and has the same graph as yours in semrush but he's at 3m right now.

Still no idea how to insert an image here - why is it so hard? lol

Mods - here is the link -

This is a little update from real world analytics.

This shows pure organic search growth, excluding all other channels like social etc.

This is the site I bought in March 21 so you can see how it has taken time for the mountain of content to mature on the site and for google to reclassify the site in line with the shoulder niche I have targeted.

Most months are showing +300% growth YOY for organic search.

I am now up to 50k words per week with around 600 unique image assets too so this snowball is only going to grow.

Social has dropped off quite a bit - pinterest algo changes and fb being fb so I am glad I chose to hammer organic before the drop kicked in.

Even with the drop traffic is basically doubled and revenue has doubled every month vs the previous year.

Target to list for sale: 11 Months from this post.

Questions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no idea how to insert an image here - why is it so hard? lol

Mods - here is the link -

This is a little update from real world analytics.

This shows pure organic search growth, excluding all other channels like social etc.

This is the site I bought in March 21 so you can see how it has taken time for the mountain of content to mature on the site and for google to reclassify the site in line with the shoulder niche I have targeted.

Most months are showing +300% growth YOY for organic search.

I am now up to 50k words per week with around 600 unique image assets too so this snowball is only going to grow.

Social has dropped off quite a bit - pinterest algo changes and fb being fb so I am glad I chose to hammer organic before the drop kicked in.

Even with the drop traffic is basically doubled and revenue has doubled every month vs the previous year.

Target to list for sale: 11 Months from this post.

Questions?
Instead of posting the URL from the imgur page, you need to right click on the image, open in new window/tab and grab that URL.

which for you is:
https://i.imgur.com/Cf71qcB.png

Then you hit the picture icon in the WYSIWYG and use that URL

Cf71qcB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Big.
  • Has your team got bigger? Do you still work with 3 writers "only"?
  • You wrote that you monetize this project with Display Ads, Ecom and AMZ. Do you mind sharing the revenue % of Ecom and AMZ?
  • At what point will you drip content out?
  • 600 unique image assets PER WEEK??

Questions?
1. Did you end up purchasing links for this project? If so, how did you decide which pages to send them to? Posts ranking in the 7th spot that needed a little "kick", for example? Or, posts ranking for a target keyword where competitors have an average of "x" links?

2. Have you employed any email marketing campaigns for this website? Maybe driving people back to the website would lessen the impact of the social media platforms doing what they do best- reducing organic post reach because they can.

3. Do you have any other websites currently operating, or just this one?

4. Why am I such a failure based on what's written in my case study thread?

Big.
  • Has your team got bigger? Do you still work with 3 writers "only"?
  • You wrote that you monetize this project with Display Ads, Ecom and AMZ. Do you mind sharing the revenue % of Ecom and AMZ?
  • At what point will you drip content out?
  • 600 unique image assets PER WEEK??

• I have 6 writers now.
  • About 20% ecom and AMZ.
  • Still going full steam but will likely pull back 6 months before listing to drip mode.
  • 600 - 900 unique images per week yep.

1. Did you end up purchasing links for this project? If so, how did you decide which pages to send them to? Posts ranking in the 7th spot that needed a little "kick", for example? Or, posts ranking for a target keyword where competitors have an average of "x" links?

2. Have you employed any email marketing campaigns for this website? Maybe driving people back to the website would lessen the impact of the social media platforms doing what they do best- reducing organic post reach because they can.

3. Do you have any other websites currently operating, or just this one?

4. Why am I such a failure based on what's written in my case study thread?

1. Not yet but am considering it for some kws that are extremely high volume but just will not shift.
2. No - I will leave this as an easy win for the new owners.
3. Yes - currently 2 websites, maybe a 3rd coming up.
4. The feeeeeeels - get rid of them and get to work.

600 - 900 unique images per week yep.
This is insane. A few more questions regarding this:
  • how has this volume of visual content helped the website grow? (more organic traffic through Google Images? Increased time spent on site? Saved pins on Pinterest? New backlinks? Other?)
  • in your AMA, you talk about working with 'one image guy from fiverr' for '$2 per image', and the images are 'free to use […] in all cases':
    • is the same guy working with you on this project?
    • more importantly, does he/do you still use free imagery only?
  • do you use any custom illustrations and/or infographics?
  • if I'm counting correctly, every post that's published has approximately 10-20 images in it. Are all the images related to the specific keyword you're targeting (in which case, how do you find so much accurate images?), or are they also related to the content in the post?
Thanks

This is insane. A few more questions regarding this:
  • how has this volume of visual content helped the website grow? (more organic traffic through Google Images? Increased time spent on site? Saved pins on Pinterest? New backlinks? Other?)
  • in your AMA, you talk about working with 'one image guy from fiverr' for '$2 per image', and the images are 'free to use […] in all cases':
    • is the same guy working with you on this project?
    • more importantly, does he/do you still use free imagery only?
  • do you use any custom illustrations and/or infographics?
  • if I'm counting correctly, every post that's published has approximately 10-20 images in it. Are all the images related to the specific keyword you're targeting (in which case, how do you find so much accurate images?), or are they also related to the content in the post?
Thanks
Lol - dude...

I'm obviously happy to answer questions but what value does this add to your life?

Yes its the guy from Fiverr and he has now sub contracted to 3 others to handle the volume.

Not sure how that info helps you.

In regards to benefits of so many unique images - yes I am seeing a very strong uptick in "direct" traffic which analytics often misattributes to google image search.

Pinterest is so so - too fickle for my tastes but yes I pin all my stuff because I think it adds a little juice to the SEO and gets social traffic too.

Good progress is being made..... seeing some mega growth.

11 Months to Exit.
cr5Z2ev.jpg
Very nice, that's crazy growth. How many posts are you up to now? Been a while since I read this thread initially, can't remember if you openly shared your RPM?

Either way I hope it keeps going well for you.

Very nice, that's crazy growth. How many posts are you up to now? Been a while since I read this thread initially, can't remember if you openly shared your RPM?

Either way I hope it keeps going well for you.

Thanks! Currently sitting just below 2,500 posts.

Good progress is being made..... seeing some mega growth.

11 Months to Exit.
cr5Z2ev.jpg
Fantastic progress, you continue to be a massive inspiration.

Have you hit any challenges with running these two sites to scale that you didn't face in your previous portfolio? Once these are profitable, do you feel like you could copy the system to build other sites, without adding much to your day-to-day? (Outside of initial setup and batch keyword research).

Further, how is your day-to-day? If/once these are sitting on self-managed systems, will you look to expand into more sites or stick with these two until sale?

Fantastic progress, you continue to be a massive inspiration.

Have you hit any challenges with running these two sites to scale that you didn't face in your previous portfolio? Once these are profitable, do you feel like you could copy the system to build other sites, without adding much to your day-to-day? (Outside of initial setup and batch keyword research).

Further, how is your day-to-day? If/once these are sitting on self-managed systems, will you look to expand into more sites or stick with these two until sale?
Thank you. Great questions.

This site is going from strength to strength. I have at least doubled the revenue the owner achieved in the same month of the previous year so it is going super well.

My main problem is that to hit my exit valuation target I need to DOUBLE the doubled revenue again... This is a major challenge and is keeping me busy right now. X4 monthly revenues in 24 months is extremely challenging even with explosive traffic growth.

My other site got hit badly in the latest update but tbh I don't have the time to put into it right now.

The main site is key. I have 11 months to max out the revenue on this to get the $2M+ listing target.

Until I have that in the bag then I am not really thinking about other sites but to answer your question - yes I believe I can copy the process and apply to other sites.

Thanks! Currently sitting just below 2,500 posts.
You are a monster for sure, achieving this within mere months! Bloody inspiring!

Do you do anything special to get new posts indexed, considering how many you probably post daily?

You are a monster for sure, achieving this within mere months! Bloody inspiring!

Do you do anything special to get new posts indexed, considering how many you probably post daily?
No the posts usually index in a few hours after publishing automatically. I assume this is due to site authority and regular publishing schedule that keeps spiders coming back on a frequent basis.

T433Q0z.jpg

Onwards....

Few questions if you don't mind. I'm just passed 1000 articles on my 13-month old site and trying to see how you are thinking about content and links?
  1. How many posts are you at now?
  2. How many posts do you expect to get to in order to hit your goal (roughly of course)?
  3. Where are you at with your link-building efforts?
  4. Do you think link-building has made a difference with this much content?
  5. If you put another $50k into growing the site, how would you balance the money between content vs. links?

Back