My Volume Content Strategy

Few questions if you don't mind. I'm just passed 1000 articles on my 13-month old site and trying to see how you are thinking about content and links?
  1. How many posts are you at now?
  2. How many posts do you expect to get to in order to hit your goal (roughly of course)?
  3. Where are you at with your link-building efforts?
  4. Do you think link-building has made a difference with this much content?
  5. If you put another $50k into growing the site, how would you balance the money between content vs. links?

1. Closing in on 3k posts.
  2. Depends really. If a handful of existing posts for mega volume terms matured to position 1 then I would not need any more content to hit my goals. If not then I will keep publishing until revenue targets have been achieved.
  3. Zero effort on link building but mega links just keep coming in.... MSN.com, .Govs, Huffpost, etc. All completely free.
  4. I think such big links coming in do help but tbh these are links that I would struggle to buy.
  5. Content, 100%

Do you track keywords? Or use something like Top Pages in Ahrefs?

Or maybe just the extremely profitable/high value keywords?

I figure with thousands of articles it's harder to take that laser focused approach.

Do you track keywords? Or use something like Top Pages in Ahrefs?

Or maybe just the extremely profitable/high value keywords?

I figure with thousands of articles it's harder to take that laser focused approach.
Not really - I look at trends and themes that are doing well and then expand.

I cancelled Ahrefs and just use SEMRush.

Not really - I look at trends and themes that are doing well and then expand.

I cancelled Ahrefs and just use SEMRush.
Sorry, i wasn't clear in my question.

After publishing, do you track rankings to ensure your published content is performing well? Or do you just care about the macro (overall site traffic is up)?

1. How do you get 600-900 unique images? Does unique images mean like rewriting the h2's/h3's? Does it mean stock images or what does it mean? Like you have a guy who literally just goes out and takes pictures with his camera? Or Are they illustrations? Or are they stock photos +h2/h3 text beside it?

2. Do you put alt text for these?

3. Do you give like a content brief for every article on your site or no? If not, do you just send them a keyword and they write about it? If content brief is provided to the writers, then who does the content brief assuming you don't do it in this scenario??

4. Also, how much do you pay these writers??

5. Questions for interlinking so every time on my site I write and publish I always add that article to interlink with relevant ones (It can range from 5-10+), do you do that for EVERY article?

Just incase you ask how answering this would benefit me:
1. I am looking for a way to add images, 2$ per image fiverr guy, I am also looking for an image guy so, I was wondering what type of images to use.

2. I wonder this because I also add images to my sites, I was wondering if adding alt text would help.

3. I normally give keywords to the writers, although I noticed giving content briefs makes content much better and it ranks better. So I ask this question wondering how you automate the content briefing part.

4. I ask this because I want to know what price range article writers produce good enough to get this level of traffic? There's people on here which pay like 100$+ for articles, others pay very little so, if the specific price works for you then I can probably find similar quality if I spend some time looking.

5. I ask this because this is sort of tedious and I was wondering if you don't do it then I probably won't have to do it either. Or maybe you have a way to systemize that??

I know these questions above seem silly, but I’m curious about questions 1 and 5 as well.

Ps @freshpeppermint , here’s your answer for 2-4. Yes put an alt text for ever image. Automated content briefs won’t get you far. Find a way to make them quickly. 9/10 writes will need a briefs unless you can afford 5-10+ cents per word or more. And I’m about 90% sure he’s answered how much he pays writers and image guys. Look through his comment history.

@MrMedia , Great work and follow along - With that kind of traffic, what hosting provider did opt for and are you using CDN?

Good work, love the progress reports.

Awesome, we used to use them years ago, but started to use Google Cloud w/ their CDN load balancer, but happy to see that it can handle that kind of traffic.
Any resources for using Google Cloud to host your website(s) with CDN load balancer? I'm currently using Digital Ocean & it's probably time to move.

It's been a crazy ride so far.. growth continues to be explosive. Revenue targets are being demolished YOY which was already double on what the previous owner achieved.

This machine is now pumping out almost a house deposit each month which means if I keep it I will hit my target of owning around 25 rental properties and then hit the exit button for the 7 figure pay day.

I had originally planned to sell at the end of this year but it seems short sighted when if I hold for another 12 months the cash flow will allow me to build the property empire.

Dilemas boys.....

ETaEZWM.jpg

1. How do you get 600-900 unique images? Does unique images mean like rewriting the h2's/h3's? Does it mean stock images or what does it mean? Like you have a guy who literally just goes out and takes pictures with his camera? Or Are they illustrations? Or are they stock photos +h2/h3 text beside it?

2. Do you put alt text for these?

3. Do you give like a content brief for every article on your site or no? If not, do you just send them a keyword and they write about it? If content brief is provided to the writers, then who does the content brief assuming you don't do it in this scenario??

4. Also, how much do you pay these writers??

5. Questions for interlinking so every time on my site I write and publish I always add that article to interlink with relevant ones (It can range from 5-10+), do you do that for EVERY article?

Just incase you ask how answering this would benefit me:
1. I am looking for a way to add images, 2$ per image fiverr guy, I am also looking for an image guy so, I was wondering what type of images to use.

2. I wonder this because I also add images to my sites, I was wondering if adding alt text would help.

3. I normally give keywords to the writers, although I noticed giving content briefs makes content much better and it ranks better. So I ask this question wondering how you automate the content briefing part.

4. I ask this because I want to know what price range article writers produce good enough to get this level of traffic? There's people on here which pay like 100$+ for articles, others pay very little so, if the specific price works for you then I can probably find similar quality if I spend some time looking.

5. I ask this because this is sort of tedious and I was wondering if you don't do it then I probably won't have to do it either. Or maybe you have a way to systemize that??
May I quote numbers 1 and 2 above from freshpeppermint ? Would love to know more about the images that you embed in these content pages. I feel like that is what I'm missing to do this at scale.

Thank you so much in advance all of your information has been epic thus far :-)

May I quote numbers 1 and 2 above from freshpeppermint ? Would love to know more about the images that you embed in these content pages. I feel like that is what I'm missing to do this at scale.

Thank you so much in advance all of your information has been epic thus far :-)

I have that user set to ignore.

All images are original and yes all images have alt text.

Great thread and info

Do you have a minimal keyword volume such as 10.. 50..for each keyword you are writing for

Thanks v much :smile:

I had originally planned to sell at the end of this year but it seems short sighted when if I hold for another 12 months the cash flow will allow me to build the property empire.
What did you end up deciding to do?

Curious what did you do with site and can you tell daily traffic ahrefs is almost always wrong with numbers. it's just estimation of traffic. Thanks and good job!

You gave me motivation to pump up those rookie numbers!

This thread got me pumped up thanks!

50k quality words per week both humbled and inspired me

So did the diversification and real estate

You mentioned your other site got hit bad with the last update, any idea what was different than this site that caused the problem? Was it also using this volume method?

Thanks again, really enjoyed/benefited from reading through this thread.

This thread got me pumped up thanks!

50k quality words per week both humbled and inspired me

So did the diversification and real estate

You mentioned your other site got hit bad with the last update, any idea what was different than this site that caused the problem? Was it also using this volume method?

Thanks again, really enjoyed/benefited from reading through this thread.
Thanks.
It was not using the same volume approach to this level. That and I bought links for it from a provider that on reflection seemed pretty crappy.

Will update soon. Have big news incoming.
Great news. Are you still updating about the site / doing the big news? Would be great to hear about the current size of the site, traffic and number of posts etc.

Either way I hope the site is going well.

Thanks.
It was not using the same volume approach to this level. That and I bought links for it from a provider that on reflection seemed pretty crappy.
Same. Out of curiosity, were the links purchased from a provider on buso?

Back