My Mid 2020 Gaming Computer Build is Complete!

I like point and click RPG games, especially the old school pixel art. My favorite growing up was the King's Quest series and the Monkey Island series.

Anyone playing Diablo 2: Resurrected.

I really want to play it, but not on console.

Anyone playing Diablo 2: Resurrected.

Super tempted! D2 is some of my fondest gaming memories, doing Mephisto runs after power-levelling in the cow level haha. I haven't turned on my gaming PC in about 6 months :wonder:

Super tempted! D2 is some of my fondest gaming memories, doing Mephisto runs after power-levelling in the cow level haha. I haven't turned on my gaming PC in about 6 months :wonder:

I never played those games, we played Football Manager games, but my friends did, including those D&D games like Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter Nights.

I got into western RPGs later on and always regretted not playing those classic games.

I'm tempted to buy a gaming computer just for D2.

Frostpunk

Got this on a Steam sale for Mac and that's a fun short game that I think a lot here will like.

It's like those old school "god builder" games which are as much about the unintended consequences as your planning and decisionmaking.

It's quite a clever game which goes against the black/white political thinking of current year.

Steampunk ice survival with heavy dark rpg setting. A lot of fun for the less than 10 usd.

Definitely recommend it.

Got this on a Steam sale for Mac and that's a fun short game that I think a lot here will like.

It's like those old school "god builder" games which are as much about the unintended consequences as your planning and decisionmaking.

It's quite a clever game which goes against the black/white political thinking of current year.

Steampunk ice survival with heavy dark rpg setting. A lot of fun for the less than 10 usd.

Definitely recommend it.
I love Frostpunk. I radicalized my settlement and the game got really funny from there.

Frostpunk apparently released a DLC that includes something I needed to play it for more than 3 evenings, which was an "Endless Map" where you can keep building and fortifying yourself, rather than it being "game over" after the big storm. I may get that to re-enjoy the game some. There's a Frostpunk 2 coming out where the settlers have discovered oil (plot twist!).

Frostpunk apparently released a DLC that includes something I needed to play it for more than 3 evenings, which was an "Endless Map" where you can keep building and fortifying yourself, rather than it being "game over" after the big storm. I may get that to re-enjoy the game some. There's a Frostpunk 2 coming out where the settlers have discovered oil (plot twist!).

Frostpunk is a really cool game, but it has very little replay value in the main scenarious.

I hope they take the best parts from Frostpunk and build on it for the second.

If they could make a random event generator of some sort, then that would be awesome.

Anyone playing Elden Ring?

I want to play it, I did try, it is a great game ... but also it just isn't for me.

Something about these open world games just make me feel like I'm wasting time too much. I don't want to spend time traversing around in a virtual world, for some reason, it does the opposite of what is intended, it takes me out of the game and back in the real world of responsibilities and a life clock that is ticking.

No, give me something like Dead Space or Alien Firestorm, pick it up, get a break into fantasy for 30 mins and you can let it go or a game like Civilization or Frostpunk that makes me feel like I'm training my brain.

A bit of a shame, because I was a fan of Dark Souls, but looking back, maybe I wasn't so much, it was always too dark and gloomy.

I'm checking through Dark Souls 3, I get in a couple hours every couple of weeks. It's definitely better than #2. I think you were saying to skip #2, but I played it and enjoyed it. #3 is back to the core of what #1 was though.

I'm still hoping for Bloodborne and Demon's Soul on PC. Elden Ring is definitely going to be played eventually, but for now I have enough other games to play that I'll wait. Hopefully some DLC and Game of the Year edition maybe will come out by then. Maybe even at a steep sale price, as slow as I'm playing.

Yes, DS3 is a great game and very aesthetically pleasing.

If someone knows a good arcade shooter like Alien Firestorm or a slash em up / shoot em up, let me know.

Last edited:
Back