Looks like Trumps going to win

lol @ cop out selling stocks.

Why would you send that email, if you can't even stand behind it.

6YPkKmD.png

When he sold those stocks, if he knew he was going to write that letter in the event that Trump won, would that could as 'insider trader'? Since the letter caused the price to crash, and it wouldn't have been public knowledge that he was going to write it?

Missteps continue:
4zuy5tU.jpg

^^ A prime example of people not realizing that half of their audience might be using their software, may have not voted the same way they voted.

--

r3oIa7V.jpg

^^ Also he doesn't seem to realize that half his employees might have voted for Trump because of fiscal economic issues - instead of having a conversation, people are just being labeled "racists", and ignored. And that same level of ignoring is the reason the Rust Belt had enough of the establishment and voted to obliterate both parties with Trump. That "ignoring" is the reason that the same people never said anything to pollsters, even though they were hiding in plain sight.

I find it odd for people who claim to be marketers are completely blind and do not realize that half the country is not doing well as the other half, and it's literally not about one specific issue like race, gender, ethnicity. It could very well be that those people in the Rust Belt are starving, literally starving. People should consider that there are people that have higher healthcare costs than their mortgage payments - really think about that, why would anyone want more of the same in that scenario? There are tons of people getting squeeze left and right, so before simply labeling someone "XYZ", try talking to them and understand their problems first.

@CCarter I don't understand how people can be that stupid. Its one thing to mess around with leveraging politics for traffic leaks, but then you can stay neutral and let people take sides on what you state... I knew Rand was stupid, but damn.

-------
Also, interesting and sort of related, haven't some businesses done even better because of political stances? Like chick fil a

Last edited:
I'll comment my thoughts on Chic Fil A

That's some damn fine chicken. Good price, fast service, clean... They almost got Wendy's beat on customer service and freshness of the food.

I couldn't live without Wendy's or Chic Fil A. Even Rally's/Checker's is good.

Oh, you wanted political talk. My bad.

I'll comment my thoughts on Chic Fil A

That's some damn fine chicken. Good price, fast service, clean... They almost got Wendy's beat on customer service and freshness of the food.

I couldn't live without Wendy's or Chic Fil A. Even Rally's/Checker's is good.

Oh, you wanted political talk. My bad.

Hah, exactly. They could say anything they want, and as long as their chicken doesn't change I'm still going to eat there every chance I get.
Damn good product

As far as those emails and Tweets.

I guess none of these people would have ever made it out alive at Wickedfire. Maybe people like me are too immune to it, but if someone told me to "shut the fuck up bitch" and to "go back to my own country"... I might have just thought it a normal day.

I thought that's how you even started the day waking up.

Maybe it has to do with that I don't care so much what other people think. Certain things I might bring up or talk about to better understand them, but deep deep down I only care what my kids and family think and also what all those Grants, Franklins, Lincolns, and even Washingtons think as they hit the bank account.

Certain people around me I care what they think too, but they are very very very close to me in some way like a business partnership possibly and even then its a tad bit different than caring what my kids think of me, know what I mean?

When people tell me their feelings are hurt, I don't understand what they mean. Is that like millennial talk or something? How do you get "hurt" unless you give other people the power to "hurt" you by caring what they think? But in the end I drive the car and listen to what I want.. so see how it doesn't end up bother me sooo much? I end up doing what I want.

You know how many times I've been called "fat" "old" "hick" "redneck" "loser" "idiot" "trash" "uneducated" in my life? How many of these things are even true ( maybe 1, I am a bit fat ).

In the end, I just didn't care. It does sting to hear my kids call me old though because I listen to 80's and 90's music and they now play that on what was once the "oldies" station. Even then, I end up still listening to it in the car while they are complaining since I am driving. In the end, I do and get what I want anyways, so where's the hurt?

Last edited:
@CCarter I don't understand how people can be that stupid. Its one thing to mess around with leveraging politics for traffic leaks, but then you can stay neutral and let people take sides on what you state... I knew Rand was stupid, but damn.

-------
Also, interesting and sort of related, haven't some businesses done even better because of political stances? Like chick fil a

Absolutely they have, but Chick-fil-A has closed on Sundays since they opened. Every single chick-fil-a customers knows this. It's absolutely impossible for you to not realize their stance on issues. It's like going to church or a pastors' home and being puzzled why they say grace before a meal - it's who they are and what they are know for. As a brand they made their stance known from the very beginning.

People can criticize them, but they also will have an audience that will break sales records to support them cause they feel like their views are the views of chick-fil-a - and they are known. Now it is very risking in the beginning of a company but eventually you knew where chick-fil-a stood.

For Rand to do that's a representative of Moz, it's not the same since it is a "shock" to a portion of their userbase. Chick-fil-a's userbase was not shocked, you knew where they stood the second you wanted a chicken sandwich on a Sunday.

you knew where they stood the second you wanted a chicken sandwich on a Sunday.

Every Saturday I tell myself to go there bc it wont be there tomorrow.

Every Saturday I forget to do it.

Every Sunday I'm like, "lets eat Chic-Fil-A".

A second later I realize my error and get sad face and have to eat something else instead.

Now there is a whole reddit thread, where Russ Jones and SugarRae go at it on behalf of the Rand Fishkin tweets, there are also a ton of examples of Rand's further tweets going off the wall:

Some of Rand's statements have me very concerned.

Here he assumes to know just how each and every employee voted. Of course he might be just guessing at this, but I don't want to know how my staff voted, it's none of my business so this statement bothers me a bit - https://twitter.com/oozn/status/796713690892533763

When asked how he feels about branding his employees as racist his remarks were absolute and horrid - https://twitter.com/carmelohannity/status/796762779688562696

He believes that TAGFEE means no one in his company would be a Republican or vote for Trump - https://twitter.com/allenthird/status/796606173256499204

He refused to discuss the concerns of Sugar Rae - https://twitter.com/sugarrae/status/796770517894176770

When I read the email I didn't think it was that bad and agreed with some of the sentiments. I did not agree with Rand's twitter comments though. :/

Sauce: CEO of Moz, Sarah Bird and Rand Fishkin virtue signals in a company wide email and assumes they're all disappointed in Hillary loss.

^^ If Rand's tweets didn't make this issue known in the SEO community yet, it spreading to /r/bigseo in Reddit surely did.

Last edited:
Speaking of Sarah Bird.... I'm not even surprised she ranted about politics.

40% of “Mozzers” are women. “Our gender diversity numbers are still terrible,” she wrote in the 2015 company report.

The fuck, how is 40% not enough? Love how these people proclaim diversity, then fire all the men.. (Most end up terminated unfairly and for no reason other than to promote that bullshit agenda).

Diversity is such garage. Hire the best people for the position. Period.

I'm truly amazed at how wrapped up these people get in their nonsense.

I don't agree with their email.

It stated, " we have a products that every digital marketer needs"

Nope, don't need it and never have needed Moz.

Also, I know I am horrible at grammar.. but come on! "have a products"? At their level of funding they should have a proof reader. I am only one person, so I make mistakes. Moz is a huge brand with lots of people... someone dropped the ball here.

CC, Im sending an email to all SERPWoo employees right now.

Im gonna tell them how disappoint I am in their selection of economy hatchbacks and how all of them have weathered through having to drive next to people with gas guzzling Ford F-350's and ugly Volvo station wagons.

They should have known we demand only bullet proof m5's, 7 series, or big body Benz's in the company parking lot after all we have been through ( remember that crazy non-sense about electric cars and that guy from MsM that copied our top10/20/30 idea? Whew ).

Expect a Twitter rant too.

All those Saab owners about to get an ear full. Their nothing but a bunch of clutchists, 4wd-ists, and inline 6 cyclinder-ists.

Speaking of Sarah Bird.... I'm not even surprised she ranted about politics.

40% of “Mozzers” are women. “Our gender diversity numbers are still terrible,” she wrote in the 2015 company report.

The fuck, how is 40% not enough? Love how these people proclaim diversity, then fire all the men.. (Most end up terminated unfairly and for no reason other than to promote that bullshit agenda).

Diversity is such garage. Hire the best people for the position. Period.

I'm truly amazed at how wrapped up these people get in their nonsense.

Sounds JUST like Trudeau's cabinet in Canada. Disregarded qualifications, skills etc. and filled the cabinet based on ONLY sex. Loony toons up here.

Internal Memo: Classified - Above Top Secret / Cosmic Clearance Only

Date: 11/11/16

To: Moderation Team
CC: ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓@whitehouse.gov

A sad day has befallen us all. Choices were made that we did not support nor were prepared for.

It is with great regret that I inform you that the rest of us are not comfortable with ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓'s choice of avatar. It is undoubtedly an act of micro-aggression working against our attempts to diversify the team. We cannot abide privileged insensitivities and therefore ask ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ to step down from his position as moderator.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓, for your psychological wellbeing we have supplied a therapy dog, play-doh, and some crayons for you to play with. In our collective safe space you will find a wide selection of catered Chick-fil-A for your enjoyment.

DO NOT PRINT OR FORWARD TO ANY UNSECURED EMAIL SERVER

You want to have shitty products and not be cash-positive? Because that's how you do that. Expending effort on shit that doesn't matter to the bottom line.

SEO justice warriors. Authoritarian's gonna authoritarian. Fucking people need to crawl back into their digital safe spaces and YouBlogs so they can resume their intellectual inbreeding. Coffee is for closers, bitches. When brands with good industry recognition leave holes this wide, you can bet competitors are waiting to ram opportunity right through.

Another little PR blunder / straight-up treason by the CEO of PacketSled.

K65hIwm.jpg

He went on Twitter shortly after to apologize to investors and customers, saying that it was a joke that was taken out of context.

What kind of an echo chamber do you have to live in to think that this is even okay to say, let alone that it'll be well received?

Back