Keyword Golden Ratio = All In Title / Search Volume

I know Im horrible, but I had to do it

http://lmgtfy.com/?s=d&q=nlp

I did that and there was basically one result, and if neuro linguistic programming is what we are talking about then we are just over complicating seo.

Admittedly I don't keep up with the latest seo buzzwords so it's totally possible we are talking about neuro linguistic programming and I'm out of the seo hot topic loop.

Here are my more recent results for those same KGR articles:
vseX18n.png

Thanks for the share Tao.

I've dabbled with KGR on a new blog set up in August. The niche is packed with KGR candidates, and performing pretty well with only branded links and social accounts (so far):

kiTw8BV.jpg

Reactions: Tao
I'm sure, by NLP, he means natural language processing.

What's NLP?
Natural language processing - i.e. leveraging language parsing and topic identification libraries to better optimize content around topics/concepts that Google (and other search engines) "expect" to see on a page they would score highly and rank for a given topic/keyword.

Any of you folks focusing on reigning in relevancy by focusing titles on your specific terms using any NLP tools or processes?

Now that I know what it is, that's a good question. It could qualify a lot more keywords.

I found a Keyword Golden Ratio term of 0.26 KGR if you go by Ahrefs volume and 0.54 KGR if you go by SERPWoo volume.

The volume of the parent term was 1,800 (Ahrefs) and 880 (SERPWoo).

I published on October 25th I think. Here's how it went:

88l5Vfv.png

I'm slowly sliding up in there with nothing more than indexation and pushing it across my tiny social media network. I doubt much of that was even crawled. Here's the organic traffic to the post so far:

rm4kxRR.png

I'll end up interlinking to it and adding a few links to see if I can't ram the parent term up to #1 or #2. But it wasn't a bad way to add some traffic to my site. Getting a good trickle already, should explode a lot higher as the main term moves up.

KGR is fun, but not really lucrative. I have another one for a term I found today and it's child terms I'll roll out ASAP and report back.

Reactions: Tao
I've found out that using loads of colorful adjectives in articles is making my content rank higher. I don't have much time to plan and then create my content accordingly to KGR or other "rules". It looks to me that by simply following rules from this day I'm getting quite decent results. Maybe I don't care anymore about things like KGR etc. because my time is limited, and maybe I've seen too much... IMO KGR is for SEO scientists who really want to know "why and how", still if I had the time to evaluate my content for KGR I'm sure my best rankers for given LTKs would surely meet criteria.

Couple of questions:

1. How long are your articles?
2. How long does it take to rank?
3. What's your success rate for example for 10 posts?

I guess this is not quite hot topic, so I'll answer myself and hope someone else finds this useful:

1. 1000 words
2. 2 weeks
3. 50% for 6 articles (if you count success on first page rankings)

So in theory they were quite a success, but the traffic is only couple of clicks even though there's quite a bit of volume on the phrases (480-1400 if I remember correct). I bought the keyword pack from Human Proof Designs.

I'm on first page half of the exact keywords, however only on positions 4-6. Impressions are ~30 per keyword for last 7 days. Let's see if I can reach higher positions and can increase the traffic.

Maybe the word count per article was bit overkill. I outsourced the writing, so scaling is impossible to make any ROI in decent amount of time. Content I ordered is great, but maybe 500 would have been enough?

Disclaimer: Still very early results, so they are probably be better once you evaluate them on a longer time period.

Mine seem to be holding up ok too, a few blips here and there but the newer ones towards the bottom are following the same sort of pattern.

I didn't mean to go for the ones where the Volume is 590 - I blame the discrepancy between keyword tools :smile:

xxQAnOu.png

I've been having some success with these articles, I posted a lot in August/September and the keywords have been slowly rising. The majority of them are in the top 10, and 4 of them are in the top 3. All without backlinks. I am getting a good chunk of traffic from these posts now.

It takes a while to see results (as with anything in SEO), but I think it's a good idea to have a few KGR articles sprinkled into your overall content plan.

I thought I'd come back with some more info here. If you scroll up on this page or click here to snap to it: #32, you'll see the same post. Here's the progress:

hdX3JHY.png

That post I said wasn't hugely lucrative is now pulling down around 4,000 pageviews a month. All I have on it is some Adsense and it's making around $12 a month [Edit: Now more like $60 to $150 per month with CPM ads]. Nothing crazy but in terms of branding, hitting 4k new eyeballs a month is great. It gets some links too, if you want to bundle that up in the profit.

With this kind of info, you could start to do math equations and figure out break-even points based out how much you spend to have the content written. Eventually you could get a mathematical average going on and start to scale if you have the cash on hand to do it and can wait for the profit to kick in.

KGR doesn't seem too silly any more if you can find the right keywords. This one obviously had some volume to it and I'm also getting lots of related searches not a part of the main terms.

Last edited:
I tried some terms out for fun and noticed that some people had my terms in the AllInTitle, but when I click the link I went to adult websites. The niche I tried this in was child-friendly. Could these be discounted for the KGR, or does it not matter? (One of the 2 was adult, 1 was a broken link)

My best guess would be to ignore them. I doubt that when you automate the process that this would be noticed.

@WinMore, if the page is in the SERPs and ranking, then count it. It may not stay there forever, but it's there now and the goal is to rank sooner than later.

I would definitely find a way to automate this too. Scrapebox can get the allintitle with an add-on and some proxies. If you can get a source for the search volume, a spreadsheet will do the rest.

I found this tool while searching for a way to automate this - https://allintitle.co/

The allintitle results are accurate, I checked the first 10 results manually and they were all spot on. The search volume seems a little off but I just use Ahrefs for that.

You can check 10 keywords for free, and then you have to buy tokens for each keyword. It’s $30 for 600 keywords, and I checked 600 keywords in around 30 minutes. The time it would have taken to check 600 keywords manually doesn’t bear thinking about.

It’s not perfect and I’m still refining my workflow, but here is what I do:
  • Insert a seed keyword into Ahrefs keyword explorer.
  • Set the search volume to whatever tier you are working on (mine is 0-10 and 10-20).
  • Set the KD to 0. I do this because otherwise, I get a list of millions of keywords which is impossible to work through. Once I work through the KD 0 keywords I move onto KD 1.
  • Add words to exclude. The goal is to narrow down the keywords and make them as relevant as possible. If I’m researching Shark vacuum cleaners, I will exclude words such as water, teeth, fins, and fish to try and remove all keywords related to the animal Shark.
  • Export the keywords and add the keywords and search volume to my keyword spreadsheet.
  • Take the first 100 keywords and add them to the tool. It takes literally 30 seconds to analyze 100 keywords.
  • Sort the keywords by allintitle – smallest.
  • Add the allintitle number to the corresponding keyword in my spreadsheet.
  • Delete all keywords that are above KGR 0.25.
  • Rinse and repeat until I have enough keywords for the month.
The tool seems to be in beta so I hope that it will stay, as it will save me so much time finding these keywords.

I just had a feverish dream.

A dream in which my Python bot scrapes keywords based on seed keywords, then does the KGR calculation and finds suitable keywords, then researches and writes articles using the OpenAI GTR-3 and uploads them automatically to my aged domain, where my Adsense big bucks keep coming.

I'm going to run some tests on this, but I'm going to use Google Search Console data to try and automate the KGR keyword discovery process. Try to find a formula combining impressions and average ranking position. In that interval of how many impressions pr. month (no clicks, +100 impressions, -500 impressions) and average ranking (10-50?), there should be some easy wins. I might have to add an algo that checks the site for pages that already target those keywords, so I don't get false positives for competetive keywords.

Anywho, I found a keyword using this method I'd like to test with a KGR of 0,03 and 250 monthly searches. That should be good right? I think so. Will give this a shot and meticously track expenses to earnback period.

Ok, for the fun of it, I'm going to run a test of 50-100 articles of 1000 words each with keywords that have below 0,1 KGR and have 100+ impressions in my Search Console stats.

Each article can be written and published in about 1 hour, by me or someone else. I will monetize with Adsense to begin with, then switch to something better. I will report back in 6 months (remind me if I don't).

Goal: Figure out which kind of informational articles are suitable for display ad success. Also, do these info articles help increase rankings for pillar articles when interlinked.

I’ve got 30 KGR articles written and ready to be posted, my writer is writing another 30 this week.

I should have over 100 by the end of August, all posted and interlinked. The main goal is to see if they affect the rankings of my higher volume keywords that they are linking to.

I already had 8 KGR articles on my site and I went back and interlinked than as per the guidelines in the avalanche thread. Already seen a boost in traffic so the signs are good.

The one thing I want to find out is if these keywords that give impressions, actually result in delivering on clicks or if they only show up as theoretical impressions - because other search phrases cannibalize them.

I have a search term in Search Console, something about "bread without carbs and stuff", which gives me really good metrics in KGR and searches and CPC, but if I actually search that, google delivers a bunch of LCHF recipes, not a single title tag that has any of it in them.

I'm skeptical that if I do actually write such an article, will google put me on top for that keyword, or will they continue to deliver those contextually relevant recipes.

I'm skeptical that if I do actually write such an article, will google put me on top for that keyword, or will they continue to deliver those contextually relevant recipes.

That's the perfect test and something I hope you'll report back on sooner than later.

The name of this game is posting articles optimized for terms nobody else is really targeting. But the question becomes, will Google's domain-strength metrics and topical relevancy outweigh a lesser domain's lesser strength but laser pointed on-page optimization. They claim they're a page-level algorithm, so we'll see!

There's also the question of intent associated with the search terms. Because there's been a lack of info on the topic, those users are pushed to a similar topic... how long has that been going on and has that affected the algorithms understanding of the intent of that search query... give it a shot and we'll see!

The one thing I want to find out is if these keywords that give impressions, actually result in delivering on clicks or if they only show up as theoretical impressions - because other search phrases cannibalize them.

I have a search term in Search Console, something about "bread without carbs and stuff", which gives me really good metrics in KGR and searches and CPC, but if I actually search that, google delivers a bunch of LCHF recipes, not a single title tag that has any of it in them.

Purely anecdotal but
a807464e908b365e4767445354145350.png

I got an article with a keyword of 10 monthly searches and a KGR of 0.1. Only 700 words, but plenty of instructive images.
If I search the term without allintitle it gets thousands of results with DA of at least 30. Most of these also answer the question.
My DA is 1.
Got 1 internal link going to it.

But it's early days, the article is exactly one week old now. I expect some fluctuations. But for now it looks like an optimized page can outrank.

Also got an article on page 1, but that article is a lot beefier. But to me, it's another indicator that this works. Not sure that KGR is the magic reason, I suspect it's more about the on-page stuff. But I'm sticking with it for now since it seems to work.

Back